My Computer not detecting my external harddrive

I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port.
The problem is the hard drive partitions are not shown up in My computer.
But My Computer->Manage->Storage->Disk management shows the hard drive with
3 partitions and all the three are healthy.I know there are a few bad sectors.
I am sure I have not made any changes in registry that prevents drives from
being shown.
Please help me.

windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do the partitions have drive letters assigned?

karthikaravind wrote:
> I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port.
> The problem is the hard drive partitions are not shown up in My computer.
> But My Computer->Manage->Storage->Disk management shows the hard drive with
> 3 partitions and all the three are healthy.I know there are a few bad sectors.
> I am sure I have not made any changes in registry that prevents drives from
> being shown.
> Please help me.

0
Bob

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

External program access #2
There's a feature in Outlook that tells you if a an external program is trying to send emails thru Outlook. Normally you can just click yes, however, our client is trying to do bulk emailing and they have to click yes for every email. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? Thanks, Tony See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for information on how to work around the security prompts. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http...

Getting NTFS access in DOS of an external USB drive?
I'm temporarily back to my Win98SE computer now since the XP one has a problem, but would like (if possible) to access some files on it. I am wondering if there is any way to access my WinXP drive (which is NTFS) inside an external USB enclosure (which I already have), using something like NTFS4DOS or whatever. But I've already tried booting up in NTFS4DOS on a floppy, and it can't access external USB drive enclosures, it seems. I gather it only works if the drive is directly connected inside the computer, which I cannot do. I can't put the XP drive directly inside ...

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Synchronize mail between two computers
My question looks somewhat the same as the one by Ozsubasi, but I think it is not exactly the same. I have 2 computers: a desktop and a laptop. With my desktop (Vista x64) I download my e-mails (no gmail or hotmail, a commercial provider), using Windows Live Mail. I store the mails on the desktop. In total it is ca. 10,000 e-mails (received + sent, together around 6 Gb) over the years; I tell you this so you can understand that leaving the mails with the provider is no option. On a daily basis I synchronize my documents between the desktop and the laptop. I travel a lot for...

Moving Outlook to a New Computer #3
I use Outlook as my email software, and have a large number of message rules set up to move messages to the correct folders, etc. I am getting a new laptop tomorrow, and want to use it now as the computer I do all my emailing from. I've found info on how to reconnect my old PST file onto the new machine (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx). My question is whether this will move all of my message rules to the new machine, and what I need to do to create the various folders on the new machine. Can I copy over the old file structure of these folders to the new m...

Detecting active customview
Hello I have to create a piece of code wich makes a few buttons visible or in visible depending of te active customview that is selected on a sheet.It has to be something like this: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() If (ACTIVECUSTOMVIEW = view1) then CommandButton1.Visible = False End If If (ACTIVECUSTOMVIEW = view2) then CommandButton1.Visible = True End If End Sub Thanks in advance... I'm not a proper coder, maybe someone else will chip in. However, I couldn't find anything on this, so if it *can't* be done, I'd suggest check...

Computer
See how you can earn thousands per day without ever picking up a phone. This opportunity is exploding right now. Work 1 on 1 with top earner. Get the details here www.0to20k.com ...

Sharing memory between computers
Hi, Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this variable in server??? And second question: Is every variable a place in memory? can I save the memory into a file and send it to another computer...then load the file in the memory again and use it? thanks Milad wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. > for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this > variable in server??? > And second question: Is every variable a place ...

Trying to Delete payment
When retrieving one of the PO's that was trying to be deleted and the computer was shut down, I receive the following messages: 1) The stored procedure popSelectPODocInquiry returned the following results: DBMS:515, Great Plains 0. Click OK or More Info 2) Microsoft ODBC SQL SERVER Driver Cannot insert the value NULL into column,"table", column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Click OK 3) ODBC SQL Server Driver cannot insert the value NULL into column "DOCTYNAM', table 'tempdb.dbo.#PODETAILED________________colum. Click OK -- Has anyone ever experienced t...

Associated external Account #2
Dear all, Just got some of our exch2k users migrated to another org exch2k3. Found that associated external account rights which never seen before in 2k. Wish to know the purpose of this account and when is the best time to use it. Please help and thousand thanks. regards Granting Access to External Accounts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/8c4befe3-3815-4b6b-a759-1e5a2878499d.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Elton Seng Yan Thung" <sengy01@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:enFBAvpwFHA...

junk e-mail not detected
Do I need to do something special to turn on the junk mail option. I have it set to "high" and have added several domains to the block sender section. None of the e-mails I receive from these domains are block. What's your mail setup? Exchange? Cached Exchange? IMAP? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006b01c3bf4d$b81d49a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Do I need to do something special to tu...

How 2 get partial office download out of computer-do NOT have off.
Do not have Office disk required to complete download and am now locked out of Excel-how to remove partial download??? ...

Adding a value using external formula
Is there a formula that takes the value of one cell and can add it (o whatever function) into another cell. For example a formula produce the result "5" and you want that to be added onto the value of A (which is, say, "3") without having to write a formula in A1 to sa "and also add this value". And also is there any way to do this but to add the value into a cel with a formula. For example, cell "A1" has "=C1+C2" and produces th result "12" and you want to add the value of "B1" (which is, say, "6" and without ma...

AD Users and Computers
Hi, We've recently installed Exchange 2003 on one of our Windows2003 servers. On this server, if we go into the Active Directory Users and Computers we can right click on a users and view the Exchange tabs for that particular user. If we go onto any other 2003 server and try the same thing, the Exchange tabs are not there. We were under the impression that since we ran forestprep etc.. which edits the schema, the tabs would show on any DC's and could also be edited from there. Is this not the case, or do we need to add some sort of snap-in to the other servers? thanks for any hel...

How to access all email on 2 computers
I use a laptop when travelling to access my email. However when i recently set this up , email received on the laptop while 'away from home' would not be received on the 'home' computer so could not be filed or further transacted when i returned home. I adjusted outlook 97 email settings to "Leave a copy of messages on the server" for the laptop but not on the home desktop. This ensured all incoming messages again come to the home desktop but now none come to laptop. How do I configure outlook on each computer to allow all email to come to both compu...