HDclone new hard drive problem

Recently purchased a new 250gb hard drive to replace 50bg hard drive on
lap top.  Used HDclone to clone the existing hard drive to new drive via
USB port.  Replaced the old drive with the cloned drive and found that
new drive is only recognised as 50gb.  Suspect I failed to select the
correct option on HDclone and that it didn't adjust the partitions
during the clone.  Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore its full size
with a view to running HDclone again. But whatever I try it the computer
refuses to recognise it as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any
suggestions greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an obvious
answer to this, but it has escaped me.  I'm running XP, with SP3.

Many thanks.

--
chorver
chorver's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/173917.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
chorver
1/14/2010 12:27:45 AM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have to delete the partition. Reformatting it won't change its
size.

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:57:45 +0530, chorver
<chorver.44r8rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Recently purchased a new 250gb hard drive to replace 50bg hard drive on
>lap top.  Used HDclone to clone the existing hard drive to new drive via
>USB port.  Replaced the old drive with the cloned drive and found that
>new drive is only recognised as 50gb.  Suspect I failed to select the
>correct option on HDclone and that it didn't adjust the partitions
>during the clone.  Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
>reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore its full size
>with a view to running HDclone again. But whatever I try it the computer
>refuses to recognise it as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any
>suggestions greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an obvious
>answer to this, but it has escaped me.  I'm running XP, with SP3.
>
>Many thanks.
0
Andy
1/14/2010 3:00:35 AM
             Go here and get Easus Partition Manager.
http://www.partition-tool.com/
                 It is very easy to use and it works within windows.  Try
uncreating or deleting the Partitions that have been created on the
             250G drive. Start fresh.

"chorver" <chorver.44r8rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Recently purchased a new 250gb hard drive to replace 50bg hard drive on
> lap top.  Used HDclone to clone the existing hard drive to new drive via
> USB port.  Replaced the old drive with the cloned drive and found that
> new drive is only recognised as 50gb.  Suspect I failed to select the
> correct option on HDclone and that it didn't adjust the partitions
> during the clone.  Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
> reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore its full size
> with a view to running HDclone again. But whatever I try it the computer
> refuses to recognise it as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any
> suggestions greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an obvious
> answer to this, but it has escaped me.  I'm running XP, with SP3.
>
> Many thanks.
>

> --
> chorver
> chorver's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/173917.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/1292953.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Rich
1/14/2010 3:03:45 AM
chorver <chorver.44r8rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in

> Have since reinstalled the old drive and tried to
> reformat the 250gb drive (now external again) to restore
> its full size with a view to running HDclone again. But
> whatever I try it the computer refuses to recognise it
> as anything other than a 50gb drive.  Any suggestions
> greatly appreciated.  And apologies if there is an
> obvious answer to this, but it has escaped me.

It's a problem unique to Dell XP laptops, and not obvious at all.  See my
webpage here:

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/mediadirect.htm#upgrading

Dan Goodell

0
dg1261

Migrating to new servers, is there a document to follow?
We are planning to migrate the CRM instance to a new set of servers (SQL, Exchange, CRM). Is there a document that can help with this procedure. "Geoff Orwiler" <Geoff Orwiler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:809DA7E3-BD38-4226-AA7A-C9294C1C29E3@microsoft.com... > We are planning to migrate the CRM instance to a new set of servers (SQL, > Exchange, CRM). Is there a document that can help with this procedure. It depends if this is a new Active Directory domain or just moving within the same domain If in the same domain you can backup the SQL databas...

File format problems!
Hi all. I have created a poster in publisher which contains both images and text. However, when I save this in any format other than a publisher file, it appears blurred and disported. (The same happens in I copy and paste it into another programe.) What can I do? I need to change the format in order to send the file. Mny Help would be appreciated. Eddy Eliaz <eddyeliaz@hotmail.com> was recently heard to utter: > Hi all. I have created a poster in publisher which > contains both images and text. However, when I save this > in any format other than a publisher file,...

Problem With Update Prices
I have MS Money 2002. Yes this is an old version, but it worked fine for me. I did have the problem in late December with Passport/LiveID servers down, but waited patiently for the problems to resolve. I have just noticed that the Update Prices feature has not worked successfully for me since December 7, 2007. Due to roundoff errors, when I download my retirement contributions from my mutual fund website for each paycheck's contributions (employer's and mine) to my retirement plans, I have to make slight corrections, and this has been effectively manually updating prices for...

XSD Code Generation problem
Hi, I have two XSDs both in seperate namespaces, Child is an extension of the abstract Base: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema id="Base" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Base.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/Base.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/Base.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:complexType name="complexType1" abstract="true"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Name" type=...

Problem when exporting Excel => MS Project (2002)
Hello, I make an export from Excel to MS Project (2002), the concern is that MS Project has a logic of data processing, it begins to change my data in that logical I'd like to know how to disable this change when exporting? Thank you very much. -- aelmalki ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aelmalki's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/147422.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1275770.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hi, Most calculations can be "avoided" when in MS P...

Rescheduling Outlook 2007 Calendar Meeting problem
Hi, A user in our firm is rescheduling meetings that he is the creator of and it then deletes from his calendar. This means if he needs to update this again he cant? Has anyone come accross this? Thanks! ...

Virtual SMTP Server Logging Problem
I have my virtual SMTP server running and have a problem with my logging. When I check 'enable logging' then click the button 'Properties' it just clicks, but nothing happens. I get no window opening up asking me for the path to the log file or anything. I *did* get this working once and I changed the path to c:\logs\smtp but now I can't change it back or alter any of the other properties. I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. BTW - the logging does work fine when checked. /shrug tsc fyi - I am doing this from the exchange sa mmc on a different machine, perhaps I&...

Problems sending
Hi, I am using Outlook (not Express) and since a couple of days now, whenever I try to send a message it comes back to my inbox. (this is when I say reply, even though the recipients name is in the "to" box) I did do some changes in my Rules Wizard, but I can't seem to find this problem. I am also using 2 accounts in Outlook, (personal and work) and now some of the work emails come to my personal box, even filtered messages that suppose to go into a different folder now go into my personal box, AND the folder where they are supposed to go....I have no idea what I did to ...

problems with forming sheets
PHP code ------------------- Hello I have a problem that is a bit complicated for me. Is there anybody who has idea? I have 2 excel sheets. In the first sheet , there is a lot of data like Column A Column B Column E Model Name Price1 1000 ABC 20 1003 ASC 10 1004 WSX 30 1005 EDF 20 And in the second one, there is also a lot of data with price 2. Column A Column B Column F Model Name Price2 1000 ABC 40 ...

Problem Printing Excel Graph -data doesn't show up when printed
My graph looks fine on the screen. When I go to print everything shows up but the graph bars (the actual data). I have tried this from two different printers - it produces a blank chart. The labels and axis and titles all appear fine, just no data. I tried making it a line chart it does the same thing. This is in Excel 2003. This problem persists if the chart is embedded in a worksheet, on it's own page, or exported to powerpoint. Actually from powerpoint the grid lines don't show up- but all the axis labels and title still do. Thanks for any help ...

RMS new version?
Hi, when is the new version/upgrade coming out? And do we get it by calling the original seller of the product (who sold it to us) or can we get it directly from MS? Zorian, The 1.3 update has been shipped/mailed out starting approx. Dec 1 to those with currently on the RMS Maintenance Plan. -- * "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C455A7-5CF5-402F-B283-B800F1B679EF@microsoft.com... Hi, when is the new version/upgrade coming out? And do we get it by calling the original seller of the product (who sold it to us) or can we get it directly...

Personal.xlsb problems
If I open xl2007 via the excel.exe (or shortcut) it will load the macros contained in the personal.xlsb file. However, if I click on an existing .xlsx file, the personal.xlsb file is not loaded (not even hidden). I checked my add-ins to ensure that the personal.xlsb file is disabled (thinking excel might have thought it was corrupt), but it doesn't show disabled. So, why does xl2007 load the macros if I open a new workbook, but not when I open an existing workbook? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2003, sorting contacts problem
To the outlook and exchange gurus: Am connected to an Exchange server. Have 340 contacts in my mailbox. I have set them by various categories I arranged them/view them by the Category field. When I sort with the "File As" field, all my categories disappear (or collapse) and now every contact is sorted as "file as". Is there a way to arrange by a category I setup, like Owner, Tester, Employee,Company1,Company2,etc. Then sort within each category such as File As or Last Name,etc. And still maintain my separate categories? I can organize by categories but how do I sort ...

E-mail Problem/Port 25
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. We're having a problem e-mailing a specific external domain. We can e-mail everyone else except this particular domain (for this example, we'll say XYZ.com) XYZ can e-mail us without any problems. However when we reply or initiate a new e-mail to them, we first get a DELIVERY DELAYED e-mail after a few hours and then an NDR. While troubleshooting this issue, I've found that this domain does not allow telnet to port 25 (was trying to test connectivity). Do you all think this is the source of the problem? Is having port 25 OPEN for telnet...

Reference cells from another worksheet problem
Worksheet call MAIN Worksheet call OTHER In a cell on the OTHER worksheet I have =MAIN!A1. The value in A1 in the MAIN worksheet is space, but it appears as 0.0.0000 in the cell on OTHER which has a format of general. How do I get rid of 0.0.0000. -- ndd Hi Neil, Recheck your formula. I tried what you wrote and it worked for me. You might want to Right click the cell in question and try Number/Text. Hope this helps -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

problems with using camera tool to make dashboards
Hi. I am using the camera tool to create a complex dashboard in Excel 2003, using Windows XP (service pack 3) One example of something that I am using the camera to take a picture of is: A two-slice annotated pie chart in cells A1:D15, with a AutoShape big arrow in E8:G8, pointing to a complex, annotated column chart that expands and explains a facet of the data in the important slice in the pie chart in cells H1:M15 The picture of this set of things (pie chart with text boxes, AutoShape arrow, column chart with text boxes) is then squozen down to be 3 inches by 6 inches, so that it fits i...

Pasting problems
I am using excel to link with another application (from which I am taking some data). The time to get this data can vary. If it finds the data in the time I have allowed for it, it will paste this perfectly into excel. If it does not find the data in time, I assume that it is trying to paste something which is not there. I get a runtime 1004 error Paste method of worksheet class failed. Is there anyway around this. Can I write a loop procedure to only try to paste once there is something in the clipboard. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes at:...

File New... Template New Workbook On my computer
Hello Everyone I've just installed Office 2003 (and kept Office 97). My initial job is to convert an Access database from 97 to 2003. But the Finance dept use custom Excel templates to manipulate data exported from the database to Excel, so I also have to test this process to make sure everything is working as it should. In Excel 2003, I couldn't find a built-in option to bypass the extra window when I click File | New... This is followed by the window "New Workbook" meaning an extra step to click "On my computer..." I understand that having used the template onc...

new hosting for me
Ill have my website back up tonight. I had to get new hosting . I got it at http://isphost.org they had my site back online fast. Thanks Ted ...

Reformatting a drive.
I was wondering if you can check to see if your drive was formatted from a store purchased and installed computer. I assume the store would format or have formatted drives and then install the software. Is formatting ever logged? If I had two drives (say C: and D:), one has Windows installed on it and other programs mostly. The other drive is mainly used for storage and certain programs. How could I re-format the drive with windows and stuff on it? I assume I would back-up, reformat, and re-install. But wouldn't reformatting wipe out the drive contents? Hence shutting the ...

Problems with OWA
I have 5.5 and 2k3 running and using OWA from both servers. I installed 2k3 SP1 tonight and now when i try OWA for 2K3 it points back to my 5.5 OWA. Is there a fix for such a problem or will I have to disable 5.5 owa? Thanks Ken On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:27:01 -0700, KSIKEN <KSIKEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 5.5 and 2k3 running and using OWA from both servers. I installed 2k3 >SP1 tonight and now when i try OWA for 2K3 it points back to my 5.5 OWA. Is >there a fix for such a problem or will I have to disable 5.5 owa? Thanks > >Ken Move all the mailboxes...

EDATE Problem
It was working fine yesterday and I come in today to update certain things and it will not work. When I change the date in the cell that would normally effect the formulated cell, the formulated cell value does not change. If I select the formulated cell and hit F2, enter, it will change but it used to do it automatically. I have the the analysis toolpak checked and there have not been any changes to the system. -- pknivens ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pknivens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27675...

Found new abstract artist webpage
I found this new artist and I love the work. I have already have a couple hanging in my home. http://www.geocities.com/thtrchk/ ...

Print problem..
In the excel worksheet, even if the number in the column is auto formated for column width.. it sometimes shows "######" in the print out (Inspite of the fact that the it shows properly formatted in the excel worksheet). How can one rectify this...?? Widen the column. The view in preview is often not exactly WYSIWYG. This appears to be one of those occasions. To quickly resize them to fit, highlight all columns and go to the right of the far right header (Until the cursor changes to an east/west arrow) and double-click. This will re-size the columns to the largest ent...

problem with element data type
I'm using MSXML 4.0 in my application and i have a problem when i try to retrieve an attribut value with the property IXMLDOMNode::nodeTypedValue. in my XML i have the element : <MyElem x_date="2006-03-16T12:30:30" x_int="6"/> If i attach an XDR document : <AttributeType name="x_date" required="yes" dt:type="datetime" /> <AttributeType name="x_int" required="yes" dt:type="number" /> In my application, if i call : _variant_t x = y->attributes->getNamedItem(L"x_date")->...