DVD not appearing on My Computer

I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus
schenanigans.  Now some settings are changed for a particular user (admin
setting).  The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer.  It does show up
on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it is
enabled and ready to go.  I can put in an audio CD and have it recognized in
itunes.  But any other software CD is not recognized and does not load.  I
then signed onto the original administrator account and there is no problem
with any type of CD/DVD.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

   Amy, go to the site below and select doug knox fixes. Look in rt column
for " Restore CD/Dvd drives to Explorer"  download the fix. Rt click on file
you downloaded and
    choose Merge.

http://www.dougknox.com/

"Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus
> schenanigans.  Now some settings are changed for a particular user (admin
> setting).  The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer.  It does show
> up
> on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it is
> enabled and ready to go.  I can put in an audio CD and have it recognized
> in
> itunes.  But any other software CD is not recognized and does not load.  I
> then signed onto the original administrator account and there is no
> problem
> with any type of CD/DVD.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

0
Rich
12/22/2009 11:23:28 PM
"Rich Barry" <rbarry@socal.rr.com> wrote in

>    Amy, go to the site below and select doug knox fixes. Look in rt
>    column
> for " Restore CD/Dvd drives to Explorer"  download the fix. Rt click
> on file you downloaded and
>     choose Merge.
>
> http://www.dougknox.com/

I used Doug's fix and it worked great.
R.

> "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus
>> schenanigans.  Now some settings are changed for a particular user
>> (admin setting).  The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer.  It
>> does show up
>> on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it
>> is enabled and ready to go.  I can put in an audio CD and have it
>> recognized in
>> itunes.  But any other software CD is not recognized and does not
>> load.  I then signed onto the original administrator account and
>> there is no problem
>> with any type of CD/DVD.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
>> fix?

0
RobertPatrick

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...

Only one tool: Rip a DVD, convert video, backup iPod, make iPhone Ringtone
This guide aims to show you how to rip a DVD, convert video and transfer music between iPod and computer/two iPod, make your own iPhone ringtone.All you need is [URL="http://www.mobi32.com/DVD-Tools/Aiseesoft-DVD-Software-Toolkit.html"][B]Aiseesoft DVD Software Toolkit[/B][/URL]It includes 4 parts:[B]Part 1. How to rip DVD to iPod/iPhone/Sansa/PSP/Zune and other MP4 and MP3 Players. [/B][B]Part 2. How to convert all video to MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, MPG, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB?[/B][B]Part 3. How to transfer music from iPod to computer, computer to iPod, iPod to iPod. [/B][B]Part 4. ...

mmc active directory snap in causes loss of icons in AD users and computers
I have an mmc Active Directory Users and Computers computer object property page snapin. My snapin loads an extension dll for its resources and once it is loaded and when using the release versions of my dlls (snapin dll and resource dll ) the icons used by the Active Directory Users And Computers snapin to denote users, computers etc in its list views cant be found (I assume). In debug mode however there is not a problem. I am guessing it looks no further than my extension resource dll for the icons to use in its image lists. It really is as soon as my extension dll that contains ...

How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper
[url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/how-to-convert-rip-dvd-audio-to-mp3.html][b]How to convert and rip music from DVD to iPod with with DVD Ripper?[/b][/url][url=http://www.rip-burn-copy-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html][b]Joboshare DVD Ripper[/b][/url] is professional DVD Ripper software, which can rip DVD to MP4, rip DVD to AVI and almost all other video and audio formats including [b]AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, DV, MP3, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG,[/b] etc. with the highest DVD ripping speed and the best quality.[b]Guide: How to convert and rip music fro...

Email Sent appear in my Outbox and won't go away
Hi.. When ever i want to send my email (with attachement), The email will go to my outbox. When i click on the send/receive button, after a while the email was still at my outbox. Even i try a few times clicking send/receive button, and wait a few hours. The email was still at my outbox. Only when my friends call me, then i know that my email was sent and i was flooding my friends email due to my repeated sending. Is there anyway to solve the problem. Thank you Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part o...

New computer...Activating Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new computer. It came with Outlook 2003 trial on it. I have Outlook 2003 on my old computer so I chose the option to not activate the trial but to use the Product ID of a purchased copy. I did and it says it is an invalid product key. What? It worked just fine when I installed it on my old computer. Why is it not taking the product key? Do I need to unstall the Outlook 2003 on the new computer and re-install it from my cd? Thanks! Goto Add/remove programs and check if you have Office trial version installed if so then uninstall and that should take care of the problem. V...

Changing Side Y-Axis Appears On
Is there a way I can change a line chart I'm working with so that the labels on the Y-axis appear on the right hand side of the chart, and if so, how would I do that. I actually have a workbook in which I've created three line charts on three different tabs. The second chart actually has the data labels on the right hand side of the chart, but it was something Excel defaulted to. I've been through all the chart settings and can't see how I could do this myself. Double click the X axis, and change the status of the Value (Y) Axis Crosses at Maximum checkbox. - Jon ---...

DVD not appearing on My Computer
I have recently fixed my laptop (Dell XPS M140) after some virus schenanigans. Now some settings are changed for a particular user (admin setting). The CD/DVD drive is not show up on My Computer. It does show up on the Device Manager and the driver is updated and it swears that it is enabled and ready to go. I can put in an audio CD and have it recognized in itunes. But any other software CD is not recognized and does not load. I then signed onto the original administrator account and there is no problem with any type of CD/DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to f...

Problems with a hyperlink to documents on my computer
In Excel I run into a problem after I've created a hyperlink to a document on my computer. I use Excel to create project maps, which are simply diagrams that help me organize things, and I like to set hyperlinks from the objects in the diagram to documents on my computer. However, sometimes after I've created the link I'll click on the object and get an error that says Excel cannot open the specified file. The objects I use in the diagram are either shapes from the object palette or a picture. I place these objects in the Excel document, select the object and hit ...

Working With Two Computers & Outlook
I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but am thinking about purchasing the Outlook 2003 upgrade. Sky <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and > carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way > to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the > desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but > am think...

How to convert DVD to AVI with Leawo DVD to AVI Converter?
Many people are trying to [url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/][b]convert DVD to AVI[/b][/url] for data storage on their computer hard drive. And a lot more people are seeking for a [b][url=http://www.leawo.com/dvd-to-avi-converter/]DVD to AVI[/url][/b] Converter to convert DVD to AVI for video edit. Thus they can upload them to YouTube or MySpace for friends to see. Definitely, they don&rsquo;t want their video to be reduced in quality, so a DVD to AVI converter software with best output quality will be their bad need! What about Leawo DVD to AVI Converter? Is it the right ...

Deleted Items re-appear in Inbox
I have had several instances of my deleted items suddenly re-appearing in my Inbox and was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Here is the scenario: * E-mail notification (envelope) appears in System Tray, but there are no new, unread messages in the Inbox * Inbox is suddenly populated with items that were deleted several months ago * There are no error messages and I am not synchronizing to work offline at all This has happened in August and again in October (just to show frequency. Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks. Check and see if messages are being removed fro...

Outlook 2003 Calendar appears as IPM.post
I've got a user whose Outlook 2003 Calendar appears as email. The properties for the Calendar show IPM.post rather than the usual IPM.appointment. The user has no idea how it got like this and I've never seen this before. Tried running Office Repair, to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this? David Dixon Allscripts IS Can you set the default form back to IPM.appointment? Does the folder show as emails as well? Start Outlook with the resetfolders switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetfolders After that, you might need to reset the views as well...

Dvd/Cdrw not recognized?
I have a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.I am running windows xp professional.I was running a cd drive perfectly, when I took a cdrw/dvd from another Dell Inspiron 5000 and installed it in my laptop it does not recognize any hardware for new dvd drive anywhere. I have tried mr.fix it,3hrs and no result. I have tried the registry fix, did not work. I have looked for a driver, none found. Please tell me if it is possible to have a dvd cdrw while running xp professional? If so HOW! Please help! =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?= <PaulG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A73F7A24-A427-4...

Help me Please,trasnfering outlook info to new computer
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have just purchased a new laptop and wa wanting to transfer all my outlook information inclduing calander an task, emails etc to the new computer but don't know how, any help woul be appreciated. Thanks in advanc -- omira ----------------------------------------------------------------------- omiraw's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=729 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187460385 The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these p...

In Excell
In Excel - How do you get information typed in one cell to appear in another pre-choosen cell location. Mark <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1963477D-F882-4741-A0E2-2ECFA85B72A6@microsoft.com... > In Excel - > How do you get information typed in one cell to appear in another > pre-choosen cell location. You need to use the formula bar. Select the cell that you want to copy the data into (say, A1). Then click on the " = " button on the formula bar. (This means that the selected cell (A1) will show the result of a formula). Then select the s...

"Connect to Computer" Screen Resolution
SBS 2008 When a user selects to "Connect to a computer" via the RWW login is there a way for that user to specify what screen resolution they want to view like you can get with the Remote Desktop Connection? I have someone who is running a remote computer at a much higher resolution (1900x?) and when he connects to his desktop in the office what he gets is his desktop but it is so small on his screen that it's not functional. Thanks! -Richard K ...

cd/dvd drive not detected
So my cd/dvd drive doesn't show up on my computer. I have a dell inspiron 5315 desktop. I searched the forum here and found nothing that worked. I tried to uninstall it from my device manager but it would reinstall itself upon reboot, i tried to delete my upper and lower registries for the drive but I don't have lower registry for that. I also checked my autoplay settings but everything was fine there. I don't know what else to do, please help. -- raysmith Have you tried going to the makers website and getting the latest firmware for it? Flash it with that and...

Having Data Automatically Appear
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>Is it possible through any means to achieve the following in excel. I need for names of pieces of equipment to be stored in either a database or spreadsheet that I can then link to and have appear as I type in an invoice. For instance, as I start to enter a piece of kit in a certain column and type the letter RE, every piece of equipment I have entered in the previous database beginning with RE will appear as a drop down suggestion so I can avoid manually typing out the entire name ever...

downloaded data only partially appears
Hello, I recently downloaded credit card data to MS Money 2002, and the account list window said " transactions to read: 25". But when I go to the account and try to balance it only 3 transactions appear. Does anyone have an idea how I can view the missing transactions, or what happened to them? By the way, from my paper statement I know that there should be many more than 3 transactions. TIA, Tom I used the file repair command as suggested in the help file "path to msmoney.exe" -s and that fixed it. Tom "Tom Harvey" <tom_reader@*att.nospamdotnet> wr...

Blank DVD disk not recognized by Windows Explorer
(Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) If this is not the correct newsgroup, please redirect me. About once a month I backup many files onto a blank DVD disk. Currently, if I insert one of those partially full DVDs into my drive-E, it is recognized and everything works normally. When I started my January backup two days ago I find that if I insert a blank DVD Windows Explorer does not recognize it, and tells me to insert a disk. If I then again click on the drive-E, the hour-glass curser appears for several minutes, but nothin...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PSP,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio formats for all the portable players. It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseesoft DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DVD Ripper (http://www.5idownload.com/w...

Computer Problem when using Excel file
Hi, I have the database file located in company network, specially pivottable and pivotchart sheet, when I click on any cell instead of have one pivottable and pivotchart, the file start spreading several table and chart on top each other. and It's happend only on my computer, I try a few different computers, they are working fine. Can anyone please tell me what problem is it? How can I fix this problem? Thanks a lot. ...

Setting up a new computer
Hi, I am been using OUTLOOK for a long time on the same computer and will finally be getting a new one in a week or so. I have an Archive.PST file and an Active .PST file on my current computer and I have made lots of personalization to the various OUTLOOK views. My question is what is the least complicated method of 1) Migrating my existing .PST files to the new computer 2) Migrating personalization's to the new computer? Thank you. -- Greg Maxey A peer in "peer to peer" support Rockledge, FL To e-mail, edit out the "w...spam" in gmaxey@whamspammvps.org ...