Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on 220V electricity?

Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on
220V electricity?
(if just use US/EU travel adapter).

0
Aster
2/9/2010 11:13:35 AM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Aster" <asterr@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message
> Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on
> 220V electricity?
> (if just use US/EU travel adapter).

Yes. Most are rated to 300v.
If you want a replacement for yours (as in your previous post), one of these
solutions might work:

ttp://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/power-cable/10w1-15306.htm

Buy the whole thing here:
http://www.suntekstore.com/19-5V-4-62A-Replacement-AC-Adapter-with-EU-Power-Cord-9T215-for-Dell-Laptop-PA-10-3-Prong-.html

--
SC Tom

0
SC
2/9/2010 12:14:03 PM
"SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message

> "Aster" <asterr@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message
>> Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on
>> 220V electricity?
>> (if just use US/EU travel adapter).
>
> Yes. Most are rated to 300v.
> If you want a replacement for yours (as in your previous post), one of
> these solutions might work:
>
> ttp://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/power-cable/10w1-15306.htm
>
> Buy the whole thing here:
> http://www.suntekstore.com/19-5V-4-62A-Replacement-AC-Adapter-with-EU-Power-Cord-9T215-for-Dell-Laptop-PA-10-3-Prong-.html
>
> --
> SC Tom
---------

There is sticker on cable, rated to 125V..  So I should consider it rated to
300V and safe?
Technically, why used flat cable type?

A.

0
Aster
2/9/2010 12:45:34 PM

> "SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Aster" <asterr@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message
>>> Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on
>>> 220V electricity?
>>> (if just use US/EU travel adapter).
>>
>> Yes. Most are rated to 300v.
>> If you want a replacement for yours (as in your previous post), one of
>> these solutions might work:
>>
>> http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/power-cable/10w1-15306.htm
>>
>> Buy the whole thing here:
>> http://www.suntekstore.com/19-5V-4-62A-Replacement-AC-Adapter-with-EU-Power-Cord-9T215-for-Dell-Laptop-PA-10-3-Prong-.html
>>
>> --
>> SC Tom
> ---------
>
> There is sticker on cable, rated to 125V..  So I should consider it rated
> to 300V and safe?
> Technically, why used flat cable type?
>
> A.

Look on the cord itself and there should be a max voltage rating. The two
that I have close at hand both have "300 volts" imprinted in the cord
covering itself (one for a Gateway PS, and the other for a Compaq).
If you have your old cord, look at the size of the wire listed on the
covering. Somewhere on it, there should be a stamp like "3x18AWG" or
similar. If the one you are wanting to use is the same or larger, you
shouldn't have any problem. Remember, a smaller gauge number (AWG) is a
larger wire, which will handle a higher current. 16AWG is larger than 18AWG.
The only reason IMO that a flat wire is used is that it folds up into a
smaller space than a round one.
--
SC Tom

0
SC

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Exchange Rate
Does anyone know how to use a formula on Excel to calculate exchang rates? Thanks, Mat -- matt.bowse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- matt.bowser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3592 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55713 =A1/A2 -- Gary's Student "matt.bowser" wrote: > > Does anyone know how to use a formula on Excel to calculate exchange > rates? > Thanks, > Matt > > > -- > matt.bowser > --------------------------------...

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can Not Reply To Emails

CRM 3.0 and embedded images
I have two issues in CRM that relate to how CRM works with embedded images or how CRM works with embedded images. First issue is that when I use an enbedded image in my Outlook signature, I get an error that the email cannot be promoted to CRM so I can either send the email without tracking it in CRM or I can remove the signature and then it works. Second issues is that when people reply to an email that is being tracked in CRM via a tracking token, if there are any images or pictures in the reply then the email is no longer tracked in CRM. You manually have to add the reply email t...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

fonts #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Office 2008 and now the fonts are all messed up. I've read that office makes a new file for Microsoft fonts in computer/library/fonts. Can I move all those fonts straight into the fonts folder or do I need both folders? All the fonts in the fonts folder (not MSfonts) are in my Font Book, but Word doesn't seem to find them. I don't have any in the user file, since I am the only one using the computer, it was just easier to put all into the computer/library/fonts folder. Can you help me? &quo...

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Running simple business using office
Hi, I'm a student and have begun selling some books on amazon. I wanted to develop my business process skills so see it as running a small business. I want to use office to store my 'inventory,' transactions, generate simple invoices and perform some simple analysis e.g. how much i made in a month. (I have student edition with excel and word) I want to keep one data source from which I can perform these tasks. I've got a lot of programming experience but its more from a business process perspective i'm interested. e.g. the best way to store and manipulate the data. I would ...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...