Better keyboard wanted.

I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
"hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.

The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
before the stroke registered and I want this type again.

Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
and where they can be bought?

Frank

0
Frank
6/1/2010 5:13:29 AM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Frank Martin wrote:

> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
> and where they can be bought?
>
> Frank

Best is to visit an actual store with displays of keyboards that you can
feel for yourself how they behave.

The old Northgate company is gone that built strong keyboards (no flex,
keys took a lot of punishment).  You could bang on the old Northgate
Omnikey Ultra keyboards repeatedly with your fist.  At most, maybe a
keycap popped off but you could just snap it back on.  Of course, that's
back when keyboards cost way over a hundred bucks rather than the cheap
$5 to $30 models commonly available now.  While Northgate disappeared a
long time ago, Creative Vision Technologies resurrected the Northgate
keyboard in their Avant Stellar model (at $189).

http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/menu.htm
http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/comparison.htm

Ruggedized keyboards still cost a lot.
0
VanguardLH
> Frank Martin wrote:
>
>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is
>> registered
>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>
>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain
>> depth
>> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>>
>> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are
>> called,
>> and where they can be bought?
>>
>> Frank
>
> Best is to visit an actual store with displays of
> keyboards that you can
> feel for yourself how they behave.
>
> The old Northgate company is gone that built strong
> keyboards (no flex,
> keys took a lot of punishment).  You could bang on the old
> Northgate
> Omnikey Ultra keyboards repeatedly with your fist.  At
> most, maybe a
> keycap popped off but you could just snap it back on.  Of
> course, that's
> back when keyboards cost way over a hundred bucks rather
> than the cheap
> $5 to $30 models commonly available now.  While Northgate
> disappeared a
> long time ago, Creative Vision Technologies resurrected
> the Northgate
> keyboard in their Avant Stellar model (at $189).
>
> http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/menu.htm
> http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/comparison.htm
>
> Ruggedized keyboards still cost a lot.

Thanks, I'll look into this.   My favourite from the old
days was a NEC keyboard, but it died after succumbing to too
many coffee floods and congealed breadcrumbs.   None have
ever been as good as this one.

0
Frank
6/1/2010 9:51:44 PM
In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:
> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
> and where they can be bought?
>
> Frank

Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old style long-life
mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it a lot, Adesso tends to lose it
key printing, but Cherry works great. Lost of choices/prices available from
both. Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I have two each
of the programmable types. I like Adesso the best since I touch-type, but
the lettering wears off on them where no other brand 've found has that
problem. They silk-screen instead of burn the lettering onto the keys.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne
6/2/2010 12:42:23 AM
Frank Martin wrote:
>I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>"hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
>The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
>Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>and where they can be bought?
>
>Frank

I agree with the previous comment-----I bought several keyboards without
trying them out and they were quickly discarded-----I now use a Microsoft
Wired 500 which has a very good feel to the touch to the keys is rugged with
just enough extra keys to be useful and is supported by the Micosoft
Intellitype software that can be downloaded for free.Working in a computer
shop as I do we sell and recommend Logitech and in many years have never has
a single complaint or return

0
joterstholi
6/2/2010 12:35:36 PM
Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost of how much the
keyboard is, how long it lasts and compared it to say if I bought a cheaper
keyboard and replaced it more often?

Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at work a few years ago
and the owners bought desks without thinking what side of the desk the
computer should be on. I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the
wire goes across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The company won't
pay for anything, so I brought my $70 Logitech G7 mouse from home to use.

Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99 wireless keyboard
I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago and it needs replacing soon.

"Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:
>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>
>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>>
>> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>> and where they can be bought?
>>
>> Frank
>
> Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old style long-life
> mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it a lot, Adesso tends to lose it
> key printing, but Cherry works great. Lost of choices/prices available
> from both. Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I have
> two each of the programmable types. I like Adesso the best since I
> touch-type, but the lettering wears off on them where no other brand 've
> found has that problem. They silk-screen instead of burn the lettering
> onto the keys.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`

0
yuppicide
6/2/2010 5:46:17 PM
In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
> Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost
> of how much the keyboard is, how long it lasts and compared
> it to say if I bought a cheaper keyboard and replaced it
> more often?
> Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at
> work a few years ago and the owners bought desks without
> thinking what side of the desk the computer should be on.
> I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the wire goes
> across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The company
> won't pay for anything, so I brought my $70 Logitech G7
> mouse from home to use.
> Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99
> wireless keyboard I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago
> and it needs replacing soon.
> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>> Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:
>>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>>
>>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain
>>> depth before the stroke registered and I want this type
>>> again. Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>>> and where they can be bought?
>>>
>>> Frank
>>
>> Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old
>> style long-life mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it
>> a lot, Adesso tends to lose it key printing, but Cherry
>> works great. Lost of choices/prices available from both.
>> Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I
>> have two each of the programmable types. I like Adesso the
>> best since I touch-type, but the lettering wears off on
>> them where no other brand 've found has that problem. They
>> silk-screen instead of burn the lettering onto the keys. HTH,
>>
>> Twayne`

All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of the worn key
printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2 years old resp, Adesso & Cherry.
Remember, these are made for commercial use, not reisdential and so are
going to be reasonably robust.

0
Twayne
6/2/2010 6:07:15 PM
I've never had a keyboard last that long, so I can see those definitely
paying for themselves.

Are they easy to open and clean? Even at work the crevices between the keys
get dirty and who knows how all the crap get there.. I hardly ever eat at my
desk.

> In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
>> Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost
>> of how much the keyboard is, how long it lasts and compared
>> it to say if I bought a cheaper keyboard and replaced it
>> more often?
>> Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at
>> work a few years ago and the owners bought desks without
>> thinking what side of the desk the computer should be on.
>> I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the wire goes
>> across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The company
>> won't pay for anything, so I brought my $70 Logitech G7
>> mouse from home to use.
>> Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99
>> wireless keyboard I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago
>> and it needs replacing soon.
>> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>>> Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:

>>> Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old
>>> style long-life mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it
>>> a lot, Adesso tends to lose it key printing, but Cherry
>>> works great. Lost of choices/prices available from both.
>>> Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I
>>> have two each of the programmable types. I like Adesso the
>>> best since I touch-type, but the lettering wears off on
>>> them where no other brand 've found has that problem. They
>>> silk-screen instead of burn the lettering onto the keys. HTH,
>>>
>>> Twayne`
>
> All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of the worn key
> printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2 years old resp, Adesso &
> Cherry. Remember, these are made for commercial use, not reisdential and
> so are going to be reasonably robust.

0
yuppicide
6/2/2010 6:11:26 PM
In news:%23X5UF8nALHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
> I've never had a keyboard last that long, so I can see
> those definitely paying for themselves.
>
> Are they easy to open and clean? Even at work the crevices
> between the keys get dirty and who knows how all the crap
> get there.. I hardly ever eat at my desk.

As a general rule, there really is little reason to open the keyboard cases
and in many of them it will void the warranty. Compressed air and repeatedly
turning upside down and shaking is all I've ever done to any keyboard. The
actual key mechanisms in the better keyboards are sealed against dust & dirt
anyway so unless you're packing so much stuff in there it keeps the caps
from being depressed, there really isn't any reason to do that.
   Especially true BTW if you have a liquid-protected keyboard.

BTW, stick to valid sources for things like this. Don't find a good keyboard
and then go looking to see how cheap you can get it; you'll lose support at
a minimum, warranty possibly and they might be selling end-of-run models or
lemon clearances; they're not going to tell you. They'll carry what they can
get and sell cheap only.
   I often choose by the warranty periods; One I had trouble deciding on
were a 3-year vs a 5-year warranty; so I went for the 5-year.
   The reason I'm into these things is I like programmable keyboards and
make good use of them. Watch out; programmables, or good ones anyway, get to
$100 or + in a hurry. I've found POS boards to have the best sets of
features, actually, as long as you can get them without the stupid card
readers and all the nonsense stuff I'll never use. POS usually means rugged
and takes punishment. So far so good.

HTH,

Twayne`

> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
>>> Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost
>>> of how much the keyboard is, how long it lasts and
>>> compared it to say if I bought a cheaper keyboard and
>>> replaced it more often?
>>> Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at
>>> work a few years ago and the owners bought desks without
>>> thinking what side of the desk the computer should be on.
>>> I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the wire
>>> goes across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The
>>> company won't pay for anything, so I brought my $70
>>> Logitech G7 mouse from home to use.
>>> Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99
>>> wireless keyboard I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago
>>> and it needs replacing soon.
>>> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message

>> All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of
>> the worn key printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2
>> years old resp, Adesso & Cherry. Remember, these are made
>> for commercial use, not reisdential and so are going to be
>> reasonably robust.

0
Twayne
6/3/2010 12:01:42 AM
It sounds as if, like me, you have been remembering the old IBM Model M
keyboards. Solid. metal not plastic, fewer typos. Last year, some advice
I got in this list led me here.

http://www.dansdata.com/clicky2.htm

To cut the story short, I bought one of these from Unicomp, and I
haven't looked back.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html

It's a bit bigger than normal, and heavy because it's made of metal, but
the typing experience is so much better.

On 01/06/2010 06:13, Frank Martin wrote:
> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
> and where they can be bought?
>
> Frank

0
Brian
6/9/2010 7:23:56 PM
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:13:29 +1000, "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au>
wrote:

>I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>"hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
>The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
>Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>and where they can be bought?
>
>Frank

I've been through the same thing. I would like very much to find a new
keyboard like my old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro that I bought a
few years back, but I can not locate anything close to this. I like
the large size...fits my large hands...and the raised, curved shape.
Does anyone have any leads as to where I might find a keyboard like
this old one?
0
Antares
6/9/2010 8:00:34 PM
 Antares  wrote  on Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:00:34 -0500:

>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>
>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>>
>> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>> and where they can be bought?
>>
>> Frank
>>

>I've been through the same thing. I would like very much to find a new
>keyboard like my old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro that I bought a
>few years back, but I can not locate anything close to this. I like
>the large size...fits my large hands...and the raised, curved shape.
>Does anyone have any leads as to where I might find a keyboard like
>this old one?

What I'd like is a wireless keyboard and mouse whose batteries lasted
longer than a few weeks, used 10 hours a day. Logitech used to make a
system but they discontinued it. The mouse had a recharging stand and
the 4 batteries in the keyboard lasted for months.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

James
6/9/2010 9:07:00 PM
I used to work at Radio Shack in the 90's. There was on Indian
(middle-eastern) guy who worked for us part-time when he wasn't at his day
job.

He used to take the whole keyboard apart and put it in a sink full of
water.. even the PCB..

I'd never go that far and heck, it's not THAT dirty.

> In news:%23X5UF8nALHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
>> I've never had a keyboard last that long, so I can see
>> those definitely paying for themselves.
>>
>> Are they easy to open and clean? Even at work the crevices
>> between the keys get dirty and who knows how all the crap
>> get there.. I hardly ever eat at my desk.
>
> As a general rule, there really is little reason to open the keyboard
> cases and in many of them it will void the warranty. Compressed air and
> repeatedly turning upside down and shaking is all I've ever done to any
> keyboard. The actual key mechanisms in the better keyboards are sealed
> against dust & dirt anyway so unless you're packing so much stuff in there
> it keeps the caps from being depressed, there really isn't any reason to
> do that.
>   Especially true BTW if you have a liquid-protected keyboard.
>
> BTW, stick to valid sources for things like this. Don't find a good
> keyboard and then go looking to see how cheap you can get it; you'll lose
> support at a minimum, warranty possibly and they might be selling
> end-of-run models or lemon clearances; they're not going to tell you.
> They'll carry what they can get and sell cheap only.
>   I often choose by the warranty periods; One I had trouble deciding on
> were a 3-year vs a 5-year warranty; so I went for the 5-year.
>   The reason I'm into these things is I like programmable keyboards and
> make good use of them. Watch out; programmables, or good ones anyway, get
> to $100 or + in a hurry. I've found POS boards to have the best sets of
> features, actually, as long as you can get them without the stupid card
> readers and all the nonsense stuff I'll never use. POS usually means
> rugged and takes punishment. So far so good.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`
>
>> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>>> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:

>>> All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of
>>> the worn key printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2
>>> years old resp, Adesso & Cherry. Remember, these are made
>>> for commercial use, not reisdential and so are going to be
>>> reasonably robust.

0
yuppicide

Replace Better
Vb6 Replace is fine for what it does and is fast but it has a strange operation. If I specify Start then the string that is returned now begins at the start parameter. Appending it way to slow. So what fast way is there to do a replace at a specified location in a string? The replace may be a vbNullstring, or more or fewer characters than the single or multiple character find string. ReplaceStr(expression, find, replace[, start[, count[, compare]]]) Always returns the beginning and changed part and end part of the expression when start is supplied or not. "Bee&qu...

Calendar-want it to start ona Sunday
Hi I seem to have an opposite problem to a lot of other people. I want my calendars to start on Sunday but Publisher only lets me start on a Monday. I have searched but all I come up with is people with the opposite problem. I live in Australia and no-one uses a Monday to Sunday calendar here. I have tried changing zones but that doesn't work. Any idea if there is any other way?? Any suggestions appreciated Cheers kerynb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > I seem to have an opposite problem to a lot of other people. I want my > calendars to start on Sunday but Publisher only lets me start...

no need for 2007 upgrade, want to go back to 2006
I recently tried a trial of money 2007 and found that there was no reason for me to have it because for what i used it for, the upgraded version was unnecessary. So, I unistalled 2007 and now want to open the backup file back on 2006, where it was created, but resaved in 2007. It will not let me do this, of course, and causes an error and closed 2006. Now, how am i able to open it again and continue my backup file on 2006 once again? In microsoft.public.money, twiggy_8 wrote: >I recently tried a trial of money 2007 and found that there was no reason for >me to have it because ...

Is there a better way to do this?
Hi, is there a better way to do the following: Range("B2").Formula = "=Sum(" + Range(Range("D6").Offset(0, 2), Range("D6").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 2)).Address + ")" Thank you. GL Couple of things. The offset is superfluous. If you have a hard-coded cell (D6) that you offset (by 2 columns), you might as well use that cell (F6). You might also want to check that there is data after F6, otherwise you could go all the way down the column Dim cRow As Long cRow = Range("D" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row If cRow < 6 Then cR...

I want to set up a book
I want to set up an 8 page book double sided print and ewant to know how to get started. Hi Geoff Barrett (Geoff Barrett@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I want to set up an 8 page book double sided print and ewant to know || how to get started. What size book/page? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Brian, I want to set a booklet up using 8 x 11 paper and I have Publisher 2003 and Word but don't seem to get anywher...

XP Issues
Something in my registry is keeping my system from seeing my keyboard upon bootup of my XPproSP2 machine. Might be a virus or spyware but at any rate, it boots fine and allows the mouse to work okay but the keyboard isn't acknowledged. When I booted into safemode, the keyboard appeared to be working all the way until it was time to enter a password to get into Admin (when I started to type the admin password, the num lock LED went out and for all intents and purposes, the keyboard was dead). Aside from the keyboard not working, the system seems to be okay. Also, I have a couple ...

A Better solution
Dave this is a better solution which you can turn on and off as needed: Here is yet a better solution: WORKAROUND Warning This article contains instructions to add a DWORD value in the registry. When you add the DWORD value, it partially disables the Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer. After you add the DWORD value, you can customized Outlook Today, but you will be vulnerable to an information-disclosure vulnerability that is related to the way that Internet Explorer handles encoded characters in a Web address (a Uniform Resource Locator [URL]). For more information about...

I want to read,but:
The web display: Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. could you tell how to access another web like this? "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:eDQ5RlJmEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The web display: > Directory Listing Denied > This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. > could you tell how to access another web like this? > > looks like the link got wrapped, you may have to copy it out and put it back together... or you could try this: http://tinyurl.com/3mtvv ...

Weird keyboard
Hi, Here is some interesting thing for you! I am handling OnKeyDown event in my view class. I want set a boolean value to true when I press SHIFT and CTRL at the same time. If I pressed SHIFT only, I want to perform some other operation not related to keyboard. Thing is, when I press SHIFT only for the FIRST TIME, it reaches the statement where it assumes that SHIFT and CTRL are pressed simultaneoulsy. However, it does work correctly afterwards. Is any initialization required to be done to GetAyncKeyState? //Code.......................... void MyView::OnKeyDown(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT ...

Outlook 2002 does not want to connect
I have an end-user who can open Outlook the first time, but if she exits, and tries to open it again, it says she can not connect. Sometimes it wasnts a password which never works. If she re-boots and goes back into Outlook, she can get in. I have upgraded the SP's on Windows 2000 and Outlook 2002. We are running Exchange 2000 on the server. ...

Better suited for excel or access
I have to build a database which would contain the name of a portfolio, its largest and second largest concentration, and the percentages each of these concentrations make up of the total portfolio. Then I need to find some way where I can easily choose a specific concentration, and have all of the portfolios that are affected (whether largest or second largest) displayed. I am not sure whether Excel or Access is better suited for this task. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. NBUCK, Excel will work fine, as long as your don't have over 65000 portfolios. After you h...

Adding a Keyboard Interface to a DialogBox???
I want to add a keyboard interface to a DialogBox. In particular I want to take actions based on the <INS> or <DEL> key. Does anyone know how to do this? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:jriKh.40880$Ko5.17706@newsfe08.phx... >I want to add a keyboard interface to a DialogBox. In particular I want to take >actions based on the <INS> or <DEL> key. Does anyone know how to do this? > Have to over-ride the PreTranslateMessage() handler because with DialogBoxes, all keyboard messages are routed to the controls on th...

how do i change controls from mouse 2 keyboard on Links LS pc game
HOW DO I CHANGE THE CONTROLS FROM MOUSE TO KEYBOARD ON THE LINKS LS GOLF GAME FOR THE PC? ALSO, ARE THERE ANY CHEATS? MANY THANKS DANIEL. boy are you in the wrong newsgroup. .. 1. Lower your caps. 2. What does this have to do with Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "DANIEL" <DANIEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86A4CC-3200-4CA7-AFEE-62BCB77043F5@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I CHANGE THE CONTROLS FROM MOUSE TO KEYBOARD ON THE LINKS LS GOLF > GAME > FOR THE PC? ALSO, ARE THERE ANY CHEATS? > MANY THANKS > DANIEL...

Better Hardware Support
Should support more harware, especially Pin Pad. Would have love to you the all in MSR, Pin Pad, Sig Capture (ex HPP TT8810). ...

Better documentation
The table stucture of Great Plains is extremely non-intuitive. We are using the HR product and are having a hard time finding which table contains which data. You need to have a comprehensive tool for finding fields. Right now you have to know which module the data is in. I finally found the employee data I was looking for under payroll. I wasted a lot of time hunting for it under HR where most people would expect it to be. The documentation on smartlist builder is pathetic. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

want header stay stay when scrolling
I am battling to get the heading of the page to stay when previewing site design, how do I freeze the header or top pics You'd need to use frames, Pub doesn't "do" frames...except for iframes. ps... frames are bad news, you shouldn't use them unless you are prepared to deal with problems they can cause. "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A34CB04-C8D3-4FCA-97DB-7E16E6EB7623@microsoft.com... |I am battling to get the heading of the page to stay when previewing site | design, how do I freeze the header or top pics Rob, ...

Wrists Hurting!!! There has got to be a better way
I need to know if there is any way of copying formulars down the colums but I dont want the entire formular to change with the repositioning of the cell WOW that was a mouth full lol here an example : 2 sheets sheet 1 has the base info I am calling sheet 2 is collecting the info sheet 1 Sheet 2 a b c d A B C D 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 ...

keyboard input messages can NOT be received...
Hi, friends, In an MDI app, I created an MDIChild frame window, then I created a derived (from FrameWnd) window, MyFrameWnd, which is a child window of the MDIChild window. However, all the keyboard input messages can NOT be received by MyFrameWnd window. Rather, they can only be received by MDIChild window. Can we make these messages, such as WM_KEYDOWN and WM_ACTIVATE, be received by MyFrameWnd window? Thanks a lot for your help. Andrew What is it you are trying to do here? Ali R. "Andrew" <azhu@bn.com> wrote in message news:001a01c38e80$7bd17af0$a401280a@phx.gb...

Don't want to repeat a selection #2
I have a sheet for a sports team. When making the lineup I select the players from a drop down list. How do I format the cell to not repeat a name that is selected in a cell? Take a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Gary C" <Gary C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A325873-D12D-4911-B7E2-6C53156AB4AA@microsoft.com... > I have a sheet for a sports team. When making the lineup I select the > players from a drop down list. > How do I format the cell to not re...

i want to hide the some plot area in a chart
hi... i created a bar chart.. which i taken two ranges in one range percentage values are there and in another one values are there.. where as iam adding the datalables to the bars in the chart which now i remove the datalables for value range and drag the percentage values to the datalabel position of a value bars.. now i disable the colouring of the percentage bars.. my problem is in a plot area i want to hide the some extent part and remaining to be visible.. is there any possibility in excel 2003 ...

A better way of constructing a LINQ query
Hi folks, I�ve got a LINQ query that filters out items in a database that begin with a number. It looks like this: char[] numbers = new char[] { '0', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9' }; var result = (from i in Items where numbers.Contains(i.Name[0]) orderby i.Name select i).ToList(); Now this works, but I�m sure there must be a more efficient way of doing this. Can anyone suggest a way that I can do it in a more efficient manner? Cheers, -- Dylan Parry What about: var r...

Change Keyboard Shortcuts
I use paste special regularly and want to create a keyboard shortcut for this. I have managed to in Word but can not find the option within Excel. Any ideas? Record a macro that does what you want, then assign that macroi a keybord shortcut. Nikos Y. (nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- >I use paste special regularly and want to create a >keyboard shortcut for this. I have managed to in Word >but can not find the option within Excel. Any ideas? >. > ...

Want to Buy MS Money Plus Deluxe, yes Money 2008 (US)
Hi all, I have downloaded the 60day trial version of Money 2008 (US). And I'd like to buy the full version BY ALL MEANS. Nevermind, I live in Germany and I'm not a US Citizen. Don't want to know, if there is a German version. I want the US version because I need it in English. Nevermind, I'm aware of what I'll be missing (No online banking. No support that comes with the license; Tax and capital gains advice won't be useful to me as a non-US Resident). Why can't I purchase it all the same? I have tried here: http://www.microsoft.com/money/order.aspx Anyone...

I want to...
I want to transfer my account from this email q8-z4@hotmail.com to This email address q8y.coool@coolq8y.com because it Stolen and password for the account 71083016 ...

Publisher and Word should work better together
When I cut and paste from Word to Publisher, or Publisher to Word. The formating becomes disorganized. It is difficult when you are working with people who are editing your document and they do not have Publisher. Even the page size comes across differently. It is very anoying when products from the same company don't play well with each other! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...