Better keyboard wanted.

I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
"hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.

The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
before the stroke registered and I want this type again.

Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
and where they can be bought?

Frank

0
Frank
6/1/2010 5:13:29 AM
windowsxp.hardware 404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Frank Martin wrote:

> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
> and where they can be bought?
>
> Frank

Best is to visit an actual store with displays of keyboards that you can
feel for yourself how they behave.

The old Northgate company is gone that built strong keyboards (no flex,
keys took a lot of punishment).  You could bang on the old Northgate
Omnikey Ultra keyboards repeatedly with your fist.  At most, maybe a
keycap popped off but you could just snap it back on.  Of course, that's
back when keyboards cost way over a hundred bucks rather than the cheap
$5 to $30 models commonly available now.  While Northgate disappeared a
long time ago, Creative Vision Technologies resurrected the Northgate
keyboard in their Avant Stellar model (at $189).

http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/menu.htm
http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/comparison.htm

Ruggedized keyboards still cost a lot.
0
VanguardLH
> Frank Martin wrote:
>
>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is
>> registered
>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>
>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain
>> depth
>> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>>
>> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are
>> called,
>> and where they can be bought?
>>
>> Frank
>
> Best is to visit an actual store with displays of
> keyboards that you can
> feel for yourself how they behave.
>
> The old Northgate company is gone that built strong
> keyboards (no flex,
> keys took a lot of punishment).  You could bang on the old
> Northgate
> Omnikey Ultra keyboards repeatedly with your fist.  At
> most, maybe a
> keycap popped off but you could just snap it back on.  Of
> course, that's
> back when keyboards cost way over a hundred bucks rather
> than the cheap
> $5 to $30 models commonly available now.  While Northgate
> disappeared a
> long time ago, Creative Vision Technologies resurrected
> the Northgate
> keyboard in their Avant Stellar model (at $189).
>
> http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/menu.htm
> http://www.cvtinc.com/products/keyboards/comparison.htm
>
> Ruggedized keyboards still cost a lot.

Thanks, I'll look into this.   My favourite from the old
days was a NEC keyboard, but it died after succumbing to too
many coffee floods and congealed breadcrumbs.   None have
ever been as good as this one.

0
Frank
6/1/2010 9:51:44 PM
In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:
> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
> and where they can be bought?
>
> Frank

Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old style long-life
mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it a lot, Adesso tends to lose it
key printing, but Cherry works great. Lost of choices/prices available from
both. Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I have two each
of the programmable types. I like Adesso the best since I touch-type, but
the lettering wears off on them where no other brand 've found has that
problem. They silk-screen instead of burn the lettering onto the keys.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne
6/2/2010 12:42:23 AM
Frank Martin wrote:
>I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>"hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
>The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
>Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>and where they can be bought?
>
>Frank

I agree with the previous comment-----I bought several keyboards without
trying them out and they were quickly discarded-----I now use a Microsoft
Wired 500 which has a very good feel to the touch to the keys is rugged with
just enough extra keys to be useful and is supported by the Micosoft
Intellitype software that can be downloaded for free.Working in a computer
shop as I do we sell and recommend Logitech and in many years have never has
a single complaint or return

0
joterstholi
6/2/2010 12:35:36 PM
Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost of how much the
keyboard is, how long it lasts and compared it to say if I bought a cheaper
keyboard and replaced it more often?

Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at work a few years ago
and the owners bought desks without thinking what side of the desk the
computer should be on. I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the
wire goes across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The company won't
pay for anything, so I brought my $70 Logitech G7 mouse from home to use.

Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99 wireless keyboard
I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago and it needs replacing soon.

"Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:
>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>
>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>>
>> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>> and where they can be bought?
>>
>> Frank
>
> Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old style long-life
> mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it a lot, Adesso tends to lose it
> key printing, but Cherry works great. Lost of choices/prices available
> from both. Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I have
> two each of the programmable types. I like Adesso the best since I
> touch-type, but the lettering wears off on them where no other brand 've
> found has that problem. They silk-screen instead of burn the lettering
> onto the keys.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`

0
yuppicide
6/2/2010 5:46:17 PM
In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
> Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost
> of how much the keyboard is, how long it lasts and compared
> it to say if I bought a cheaper keyboard and replaced it
> more often?
> Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at
> work a few years ago and the owners bought desks without
> thinking what side of the desk the computer should be on.
> I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the wire goes
> across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The company
> won't pay for anything, so I brought my $70 Logitech G7
> mouse from home to use.
> Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99
> wireless keyboard I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago
> and it needs replacing soon.
> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>> Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:
>>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>>
>>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain
>>> depth before the stroke registered and I want this type
>>> again. Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>>> and where they can be bought?
>>>
>>> Frank
>>
>> Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old
>> style long-life mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it
>> a lot, Adesso tends to lose it key printing, but Cherry
>> works great. Lost of choices/prices available from both.
>> Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I
>> have two each of the programmable types. I like Adesso the
>> best since I touch-type, but the lettering wears off on
>> them where no other brand 've found has that problem. They
>> silk-screen instead of burn the lettering onto the keys. HTH,
>>
>> Twayne`

All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of the worn key
printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2 years old resp, Adesso & Cherry.
Remember, these are made for commercial use, not reisdential and so are
going to be reasonably robust.

0
Twayne
6/2/2010 6:07:15 PM
I've never had a keyboard last that long, so I can see those definitely
paying for themselves.

Are they easy to open and clean? Even at work the crevices between the keys
get dirty and who knows how all the crap get there.. I hardly ever eat at my
desk.

> In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
>> Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost
>> of how much the keyboard is, how long it lasts and compared
>> it to say if I bought a cheaper keyboard and replaced it
>> more often?
>> Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at
>> work a few years ago and the owners bought desks without
>> thinking what side of the desk the computer should be on.
>> I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the wire goes
>> across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The company
>> won't pay for anything, so I brought my $70 Logitech G7
>> mouse from home to use.
>> Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99
>> wireless keyboard I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago
>> and it needs replacing soon.
>> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> In news:e38qwkUALHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>>> Frank Martin <fm@general.com.au> typed:

>>> Try Adesso or Cherry keyboards; both make excellent, old
>>> style long-life mechanical switch keyboards. If you use it
>>> a lot, Adesso tends to lose it key printing, but Cherry
>>> works great. Lost of choices/prices available from both.
>>> Both, among many others, make professional keyboards. I
>>> have two each of the programmable types. I like Adesso the
>>> best since I touch-type, but the lettering wears off on
>>> them where no other brand 've found has that problem. They
>>> silk-screen instead of burn the lettering onto the keys. HTH,
>>>
>>> Twayne`
>
> All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of the worn key
> printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2 years old resp, Adesso &
> Cherry. Remember, these are made for commercial use, not reisdential and
> so are going to be reasonably robust.

0
yuppicide
6/2/2010 6:11:26 PM
In news:%23X5UF8nALHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
> I've never had a keyboard last that long, so I can see
> those definitely paying for themselves.
>
> Are they easy to open and clean? Even at work the crevices
> between the keys get dirty and who knows how all the crap
> get there.. I hardly ever eat at my desk.

As a general rule, there really is little reason to open the keyboard cases
and in many of them it will void the warranty. Compressed air and repeatedly
turning upside down and shaking is all I've ever done to any keyboard. The
actual key mechanisms in the better keyboards are sealed against dust & dirt
anyway so unless you're packing so much stuff in there it keeps the caps
from being depressed, there really isn't any reason to do that.
   Especially true BTW if you have a liquid-protected keyboard.

BTW, stick to valid sources for things like this. Don't find a good keyboard
and then go looking to see how cheap you can get it; you'll lose support at
a minimum, warranty possibly and they might be selling end-of-run models or
lemon clearances; they're not going to tell you. They'll carry what they can
get and sell cheap only.
   I often choose by the warranty periods; One I had trouble deciding on
were a 3-year vs a 5-year warranty; so I went for the 5-year.
   The reason I'm into these things is I like programmable keyboards and
make good use of them. Watch out; programmables, or good ones anyway, get to
$100 or + in a hurry. I've found POS boards to have the best sets of
features, actually, as long as you can get them without the stupid card
readers and all the nonsense stuff I'll never use. POS usually means rugged
and takes punishment. So far so good.

HTH,

Twayne`

> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
>>> Has anyone had an Adesso or Cherry and calculated the cost
>>> of how much the keyboard is, how long it lasts and
>>> compared it to say if I bought a cheaper keyboard and
>>> replaced it more often?
>>> Does either of them make anything wireless? We moved at
>>> work a few years ago and the owners bought desks without
>>> thinking what side of the desk the computer should be on.
>>> I'm stuck with the computer on the left, thus the wire
>>> goes across my big feet and I kick it off sometimes. The
>>> company won't pay for anything, so I brought my $70
>>> Logitech G7 mouse from home to use.
>>> Have been wanting a keyboard also. Currently using a $9.99
>>> wireless keyboard I got at Rite-Aid little over a year ago
>>> and it needs replacing soon.
>>> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message

>> All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of
>> the worn key printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2
>> years old resp, Adesso & Cherry. Remember, these are made
>> for commercial use, not reisdential and so are going to be
>> reasonably robust.

0
Twayne
6/3/2010 12:01:42 AM
It sounds as if, like me, you have been remembering the old IBM Model M
keyboards. Solid. metal not plastic, fewer typos. Last year, some advice
I got in this list led me here.

http://www.dansdata.com/clicky2.htm

To cut the story short, I bought one of these from Unicomp, and I
haven't looked back.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html

It's a bit bigger than normal, and heavy because it's made of metal, but
the typing experience is so much better.

On 01/06/2010 06:13, Frank Martin wrote:
> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
> and where they can be bought?
>
> Frank

0
Brian
6/9/2010 7:23:56 PM
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:13:29 +1000, "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au>
wrote:

>I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>"hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>
>The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>
>Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>and where they can be bought?
>
>Frank

I've been through the same thing. I would like very much to find a new
keyboard like my old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro that I bought a
few years back, but I can not locate anything close to this. I like
the large size...fits my large hands...and the raised, curved shape.
Does anyone have any leads as to where I might find a keyboard like
this old one?
0
Antares
6/9/2010 8:00:34 PM
 Antares  wrote  on Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:00:34 -0500:

>> I have tried many keyboards and they all have the
>> "hair-trigger" problem, which is a keystroke is registered
>> even when adjacent keys are skimmed or brushed.
>>
>> The old keyboards had to be pressed down to a certain depth
>> before the stroke registered and I want this type again.
>>
>> Can someone advise me what these latter boards are called,
>> and where they can be bought?
>>
>> Frank
>>

>I've been through the same thing. I would like very much to find a new
>keyboard like my old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro that I bought a
>few years back, but I can not locate anything close to this. I like
>the large size...fits my large hands...and the raised, curved shape.
>Does anyone have any leads as to where I might find a keyboard like
>this old one?

What I'd like is a wireless keyboard and mouse whose batteries lasted
longer than a few weeks, used 10 hours a day. Logitech used to make a
system but they discontinued it. The mouse had a recharging stand and
the 4 batteries in the keyboard lasted for months.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

James
6/9/2010 9:07:00 PM
I used to work at Radio Shack in the 90's. There was on Indian
(middle-eastern) guy who worked for us part-time when he wasn't at his day
job.

He used to take the whole keyboard apart and put it in a sink full of
water.. even the PCB..

I'd never go that far and heck, it's not THAT dirty.

> In news:%23X5UF8nALHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:
>> I've never had a keyboard last that long, so I can see
>> those definitely paying for themselves.
>>
>> Are they easy to open and clean? Even at work the crevices
>> between the keys get dirty and who knows how all the crap
>> get there.. I hardly ever eat at my desk.
>
> As a general rule, there really is little reason to open the keyboard
> cases and in many of them it will void the warranty. Compressed air and
> repeatedly turning upside down and shaking is all I've ever done to any
> keyboard. The actual key mechanisms in the better keyboards are sealed
> against dust & dirt anyway so unless you're packing so much stuff in there
> it keeps the caps from being depressed, there really isn't any reason to
> do that.
>   Especially true BTW if you have a liquid-protected keyboard.
>
> BTW, stick to valid sources for things like this. Don't find a good
> keyboard and then go looking to see how cheap you can get it; you'll lose
> support at a minimum, warranty possibly and they might be selling
> end-of-run models or lemon clearances; they're not going to tell you.
> They'll carry what they can get and sell cheap only.
>   I often choose by the warranty periods; One I had trouble deciding on
> were a 3-year vs a 5-year warranty; so I went for the 5-year.
>   The reason I'm into these things is I like programmable keyboards and
> make good use of them. Watch out; programmables, or good ones anyway, get
> to $100 or + in a hurry. I've found POS boards to have the best sets of
> features, actually, as long as you can get them without the stupid card
> readers and all the nonsense stuff I'll never use. POS usually means
> rugged and takes punishment. So far so good.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`
>
>> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> In news:%23pdZCunALHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>>> yuppicide <nosir@nosir.com> typed:

>>> All 3 of them are still working fine with the exception of
>>> the worn key printing on the Adesso's. About 5, 3, and 2
>>> years old resp, Adesso & Cherry. Remember, these are made
>>> for commercial use, not reisdential and so are going to be
>>> reasonably robust.

0
yuppicide

Which Endian routine is better?
I am converting big endian to little endian and have written these two functions: Function Endian32_UsingString(ByVal n As Long) As Long Dim s As String Dim d As String Dim i As Integer s = Right$("0000000" & Hex$(n), 8) For i = 1 To 7 Step 2 d = Mid$(s, i, 2) & d Next Endian32_UsingString = CLng("&H" & d) End Function Function Endian32_UsingByteArray(ByVal n As Long) As Long Dim big(3) As Byte Dim little(3) As Byte CopyMemory big(0), n,...

any method of keyboard remapping?
Any method of keyboard remapping In Excel? THANKS Robin Ron What do you want to do? "remapping" is a loose term. HTH Otto "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8455929F-C08D-40C9-9DD5-265471A688C6@microsoft.com... > Any method of keyboard remapping In Excel? > THANKS > Robin Ron wrote: > Any method of keyboard remapping In Excel? > THANKS > Robin The only way I'm aware of is by assigning short-cut keys to macros. However, a Windows keyboard remapper utility may help you. Do a Go...

Help with SQL syntax wanted
I have a view like this: ParentNodeTitle | ChildNodeID | ChildNodeType 'District A' | 1001 | 'Estate' 'District A' | 1002 | 'Estate' 'District A' | 1003 | 'Estate' 'Supervisor A' | 1001 | 'Estate' 'Supervisor A' | 1002 | 'Estate' 'Supervisor B' | 1003 | 'Estate' I need help with creating the most efficient SQL statement to return all distinct ChildNodeID where ParentNodeTitle = 'District A' and ChildNodeType = 'Estate' and ParentNodeTitle = 'Supervisor A' and C...

I want to display a graph vertically
Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is, the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right (horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom, like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Wanted vb.net trainer -hyderabad location
Hi friends!! Greetings!! We are in need of a vb.net trainer urgently for hyderabad location..pls forward ur resumes to meghanaitsol@gmail.com With regards, Meghana IT Solutions "Meghana" <meghanaitsol@gmail.com> wrote in message news:83702ee7-4dd6-4d76-9aaa-b879c186c7f2@t9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > We are in need of a vb.net trainer And the best place to find one, in your considered opinion, is in a peer-to-peer newsgroup dedicated to C#...? Sounds like a VB.NET trainer is the least of your requirements... -- Mark Rae ASP.NET MVP http...

Is there a better way?
OK, I have an application that controls some devices through the serial ports. I use worker threads to actualy handle the serial ports and it works well. On one of the threads I need to perform several different sequences at varying times during the program execution and I have been using volatile bool variables to "trigger" these sequences and posting messages to get responses. This scheme works but it seems ackward at best. Is there a better way to "trigger" actions inside a worker thread and get a response? Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x...

Want Excel fractions to print like Word fractions
Word prints 1/2 in one character, not three like in Excel. Is there a way I can treat the 1/2 as text and get one character position? You can insert that by holding down the Alt key while typing 0189 on the numpad, then release the Alt key. However you can't use it in any calculations since it is a text character -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "CaroleO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E3BC2A-07D6-4FB7-B4A7-C0C31956D50D@microsoft.com... > Word prints 1/2 in one character, not ...

Which is better Event or Mutex ???
Hi, I have a program in which I have two threads which start executing from the time application starts execution till the time application quits (Before quit the child thread is killed). Both the threads needs to notify each other before they access a resource in my case its USB port. As far as I think Event is idle to be used in this scenario. I wanted to know whether is it or not. Which is the better Event or Mutex ???? Thanks for your response. -- Regards, Amar Kumar. "Amar Kumar" <akumar@extentia.com> wrote in message news:%23e2CveKdEHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl.....

Help Wanted...
I am looking to fill an entry level position within our company. We are a managed services provider in Dallas and have an immediate need for an entry level technician. If you know anyone who has some basic technical knowledge or aptitude and a willingness to learn, please forward this posting to them. I am primarily looking for someone who is capable and willing to learn more so than someone who has a lot of training and/or experience. This is an entry level position, but there will be a lot of opportunity for training and advancement. This position is full-time (contract to hire) and is avail...

Microsoft far better than Google
http://wonderfulthings.blogspot.com ...

keyboard shortcuts #6
Is there a keystroke which is the equivalent of a mouse click? Hi in which case do you want to use this? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F83A79F1-C228-491D-B1D4-F30772E3FE7F@microsoft.com... > Is there a keystroke which is the equivalent of a mouse click? at the moment I'm just formatting a cell with a right border, and I can use the keyboard to get me to the highlighted button within the border tab of the format window, but then I have to mouse click. I know that if you're select...

A better filter??? Where?
I use Outlook 2000 against an Exchange filter. I have to have a white list, so I try to not have any filters on Exchange. My trouble is that my filters don't do me any good. I keep getting undeleted messages in my delete box that trigger my "You've got mail" envelope, so I have to maximize Outlook to see if I have e-mail. The envelope then won't go away until I either mark all my messages to read (which means moving to "deleted" where I see my latest message), or read an unread message. I don't have authority to upgrade Outlook nor to upgrade the compa...

what is the keyboard combination for format painter?
Could someone help please? I cant find keyboard shortcut combination for format painter. Rhere is no shortcut for the format painter, of course one could use several keypresses through alt + e + s + t + enter but I suspect that is not what you want. You can create a macro with a shortcut that will do it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Volkan" <Volkan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FB560D2-65CC-4A24-8204-EB0B6E02C249@microsoft.com... > Could someone help please? > I cant find keyboard shortcut combination for format painter. ...

Which is better ?
Which way is better.... Running mail through a AV gateway then to the mail server or having a mail store scanner that scans all incoming messages before releasing to mailboxes ???? Any greater benefit to of one over the other ??? Any benefit to running both simultaneously so mail would 1st be scanned at the gateway then scanned again before released to mailbox ??? Both of these solutions would be software. TIA "_M_" <here@gone.com> wrote: >Which way is better.... > >Running mail through a AV gateway then to the mail server or having a mail >store scanner ...

Better reports
I want to see my sales by department, or maybe even by department and then by supplier. I also need to see what i've sold and what i've received. Does anyone have any better reports than what is in rms? Thanks, Dave Dave, We have a fantastic reporting tool. We have a new excel OLAP product that lets you slice and dice your data in Microsoft Excel. You can view sales, po's, current on hand, ect. by departments, suppliers, categories. We have a report that shows current on hand, received to date, outstanding on po's and what you've sold all in one. You can...

Outlook 2003 is better than I thought
Is this the latest version? At first I wanted to stay with Eudora but after using this I can understand why Eudora is no longer beign sold in stores. Although it was my first pop3 client, Outlook 2003 is many times better. However I do miss Pure Voice. But most did not use this, and most will not (because of the advent of cell phones). But then again Pure Voice was nice for sending voice mails to overseas people. John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heave...

move/slide row with keyboard
I would like to move/slide a row with the keyboard. I know the shift +drag edge trick with the mouse to move rows (without replacing the destination), but I would like a quick way to do with keyboard. MS Word has a nice feature shift+alt+up/down to do this thing, but I have not found one with Excel. If an existing solution does not exist, is it possible to have a macro do this? Hi Shane A slight typo if the OP is to get it to work. He needs to press Ctrl+Shift+m to invoke the macro You used a shortcut of Ctrl+M, not Ctrl+m -- Regards Roger Govier "Shane Devenshire" <shanede...

I want to match and insert info on 2 different sheets
Really embarassing newbie question: I have two sheets of data, both sheet have a common identifier "school code". One sheet has some results (numbers) for each school code that I'd like to match to the school codes on the other sheet. I can't seem to figure it out using "MATCH" or "VLOOKUP", what do I need to do? Hope this is enough info. Thanks. -- shanmac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shanmac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36781 View this thread: http://www....

Reinsatlling keyboard shortcuts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to reinstall my keyboard shortcuts after a clean install of Snow Leopard. What files should I import back from my clone? <br><br>Luc ONLY your Normal.dotm template. If you bring the prefs back, you may get strange effects. On 25/12/09 5:53 AM, in article 59bafbc0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Manticore@officeformac.com" <Manticore@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > I'm trying ...

Want ActiveX control To display Office Document?
Hi all, I want activex control which can display word file data in that. Are there any such available with out of box VC++ 6. How it can be achived with container type activex ? Thank in advance. Jetli http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243058/ "Jay Chadderwala" <jay.chadderwala@emsure.com> д����Ϣ����:d816dc54.0502010501.717fb6bb@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > > I want activex control which can display word file data in that. > > Are there any such available with out of box VC++ 6. > > How it can be achived with container type activex ? > &g...

Which is better?
Hi, This might be a stupid question, but which offers better performance when processing xml? Is it the XmlDocument, XPathDocument, or just using an XSLT file? Thanks, Roshawn "Roshawn Dawson" <udrago@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:%23z535EzVFHA.1152@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > This might be a stupid question, but which offers better performance when processing xml? What sort of processing are you trying to do? > Is it the XmlDocument, XmlDocument is easiest and most flexible to do processing where you want to modify something. It's not as fast as the al...

Wich is Better?
Hello, ADO using _ConnenctionPtr and... or DAO using CDaoDatabase? Which is More Powerful? Thanks ...

Symbols on the keyboard are not the symbols on the screen....
When I'm in Excel I must be hitting a key combination that creates havoc for me. Everything will be working fine and out of nowhere when I try to choose a symbol using the Shift + any number key....I get some wierd symbol instead of the symbol on the keyboard. In order to stop this I have to close out of Excel completely and come back in and it's fine. Is there Any way I could undo what I did without closing Excel? AND Do you know what I did to cause it to do that? Hi Lisha I had the same problem because I use two different language "French & English"...

I want a spreadsheet to track employee vacation/sick time hours
I want a worksheet to track my employees vaction/sick hours. ...