XP Upgrade

Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP Pro
install?

Thanks.

KenP

KenP <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP
> Pro
> install?
>
> Thanks.
>
> KenP

If I'm not mistaken, it should work just fine upgrading from win2000.

--
Jason
0

"KenP" <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP Pro
> install?
>
> Thanks.
>
> KenP

Win 2000 Pro to XP Pro is an approved upgrade path.  It should upgrade
without too much trouble just ensure that the computer has XP drivers for
all of the installed devices and that you download and install them after
the upgrade.  If the upgrade fails for any reason then you can do a clean
install and use the 2000 Pro disk as the qualifier.

0
LVTravel

Upgrade question, Office X to 2004
ok, new offer came out that i could not resist....buy upgrade to office 2004 for mac and when 2008 comes out, small upgrade fee....so i bought it. now, i have the program here and i was about to install it......then the thought hits me, what will happen to my emails and contacts in entourage, will the be safe? is there a way to back up the email files and contacts just in case? On November8Thursday11/8/07 8:23 PM, in article 1194582183.071213.155140@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com, "gtaylor@ifeme.com" <gtaylor@ifeme.com> wrote: > now, i have the program here and i was about...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

"upgrade" question
Hi, Is it possible to make PST-files (ther is 6 clients) via Outlook 2003 for the purpose to load them into a exchange 2000 server......if I want to go back to my old win2K and Exch2K configuration? My situation now is to try to go to a 2003 installation (testing) but to be sure, that it is possible to go back - with never data. Regards, Torben Broendum I guess if you only have 6 clients, making a PST backup is probably the quickest idea. Or you could simply backup the server before trying the upgrade, which is good practise anyway. Don't forget to backup any public folders you ...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Upgrade from NT 4.0 to Win 2003/ex 2003
I did an upgrade of Win NT 4. server to Win 2003 and since then the Win 2000 client machines can not browse my network places. It always gives the error: "XYZDom" is not accessible. The list of servers for this work group is not currently available". Initially before the upgrade, there was one NT 4 PDC and two BDCs. The BDCs run exchange 5.5 server. On the PDC I did an in-place upgrade to Win server 2003 and then migrated the mail boxes from exchange 5.5 to echange 2003 using active directory connector (ADC)before installing exchange 2003 on the PDC. The NT 4 domain was...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

AfxDaoInit fails on Win XP SP2
Hi, after deinstalling some test applications and then installing the Win XP SP2 a call to AfxDaoInit() fails with a CDaoException. This usually means that the Jet is missing. Windows however reports that the Jet is now part of the system so its not possible to install the latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP as well. Any idea how to check the presence of the Jet and solve the issue? Thank you for your time and help. Regards Thomas Trick ...

Upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0
Greetings, My organization is preparing to upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0. The upgrade will include the installation of Business Portal 2.5. Does anyone know where I can get some documentation, or a step-by-step guide to the upgrade/installation. Also, has anyone run into issues performing the upgrade? Is there something that I should looking for? Have you checked customersource? "cwilkey" <cwilkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F1AC3CC-159D-4251-BA8A-F0CAF30772A9@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > My organization is preparing to upgrade from 7.5 to ...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

UPGRADE XP HOME to XP PRO SP2
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro installation media and create a new installation CD. -- -- "LURKER" <feelingdumb@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:uCoY16PdKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates. > > I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2 > > How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO? there is very little difference between ...

2000 Deluxe & Windows XP looks for disk at start up.
Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously starts to look for a disk on startup. The msgbox caption is "No Disk" and the message is something like "Msmoney.exe Put disk in drive D:" The program will open after Ignoring, Retrying or Canceling the prompt. Its just annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a command line switch that might fix the issue. Thanks lemo In microsoft.public.money, Lemo wrote: >Installing 2000 Deluxe on XP Pro system works for awhile then spontaneously >starts to look for a disk on startup. The m...

Upgrade Question #2
My father currently uses Money 2004 Deluxe. He's interested in upgrading to Money 2006, but to the Standard version. Will Money 2006 Standard open a Money 2004 Deluxe data file? Thanks, --David Ehrlich It's supposed to. The difference in price is miniscule. 2006 Deluxe license was going for $18.84 or so at Sam's Club last I looked. Why mess with Standard? "David Ehrlich" <djehrlich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OOMa9IfAGHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My father currently uses Money 2004 Deluxe. He's interested in upgrading > to Money ...

Outlook 2002 or XP
I am interested in buying a laptop and having it sync with my desktop when I return home from trips. Is there a way to have Outlook sync all files so that they are identical to the desktop automatically? I don't want to have to import export files each time. I would like both computers on a wireless network to update to the most recent data without manual intervention. Similar to a Ipaq or Pocket PC. Thanks, Dave Dave, Refer to this article from Slipstick: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Chris Schatte use the Office Online web based newsreader here: http://www.micr...

2004 vs. 2003
Thoughts? Brett "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:qdtgivseirq7m0j0ham6u97a0d0bll3ocp@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, Brett wrote: > > >Thoughts? > > Read? > Ass? I would say no unless you just want to extend some of the financial services (i.e. Money 2004 Premium has 24 months of BillPay) "Brett" <brett_schulte@mailblocks.com> wrote in message news:%23YbgKMwVDHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Thoughts? > > Brett > > "Epictetus" <epictetus@acropolis.org> wr...

Risks of upgrading from Office for Mac 2004 to 2008?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel if I download a trial Office 2008 for Mac and don't like it, can I revert to Office 2004? Does Office 2008 for Mac create .docx and .xlsx files and read ones created on PC? Yes to both. But Office 2011 is coming down the pike, due at the end of this year. I would strongly advise you to wait for that version, so you do not lose functions you currently have. In the meantime, the free converter enables Office 2004 to read and write ..docx and .xlsx. See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx?pi...

Upgrading Server
I would like to replace a Server running 2003 SBS with a new one using the same OS, Licensing aside, is it possible to image the drive over to the new one and/or doing a repair install? like that of XP? I don't have any experience setting up or configuring a DC, Exchange or anything else on Windows 2003 SBS so a image would be easier for me. Thanks In article <eKyPY7O6KHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz says... > > I would like to replace a Server running 2003 SBS with a new one using the > same OS, Licensing aside, is it possible ...

windows xp & firewall.
Help please--My wife's thinkpad has xp home, serv pack3. No matter how many times I enable windows firewall it always is turned off when I reboot. I go to security center and set it. I also set it thru my wireless connection. But sure enough when I reboot I get the little red shield in the tray telling me no firewall. Any ideas? Thankyou for any and all help. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ HANGMAN wrote: > Help please--My wife's thinkpad has xp home, serv pack3. No matter > how many times I enable windows f...