XP Upgrade

Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP Pro
install?

Thanks.

KenP

KenP <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP
> Pro
> install?
>
> Thanks.
>
> KenP

If I'm not mistaken, it should work just fine upgrading from win2000.

--
Jason
0

"KenP" <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP Pro
> install?
>
> Thanks.
>
> KenP

Win 2000 Pro to XP Pro is an approved upgrade path.  It should upgrade
without too much trouble just ensure that the computer has XP drivers for
all of the installed devices and that you download and install them after
the upgrade.  If the upgrade fails for any reason then you can do a clean
install and use the 2000 Pro disk as the qualifier.

0
LVTravel

Office 2004 upgrade #2
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3189969698_43795 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I just upgraded to Office 2004 from Office X. Using the install CD is found my old info and that worked fine. I also asked it to delete old versions of office. I came up with Office X. It moved everything to the trash and asked me to just empty the trash. I did, but now I am getting errors in the trash telling me that the operation cannot ...

Windows XP SP2 Support Ends July 2010 [FYI]
cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/springboard/archive/2009/12/06/windows-2000-server-windows-2000-client-and-windows-xp-sp2-support-ends-july-2010.aspx ...

Security Roles after the v3.0 upgrade
Is anyone else experiencing problems after the v3.0 upgrade with users not being able to close Opportunities or Activities? In order to fix this I have to assign them a different role. If I try to create a new role that mimics the role that doesn't work, it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks, Amy Hi Amy, Are you creating a new role from the scratch? From another thread on this newsgroup, the same problem got resolved by copying the existing role to a new role (right click on the role and "Copy Role"). Please let me know if this works. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusuda...

Outlook 2007 and Office XP
Can I use Outlook 2007 and retain Office XP - users in the office do not want to learn Word 2007? Yes, but you will lose all Office automation, like Send To from Office, = mail merges, etc. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Phil Erlich asked: | Can I use Outlook 2007 and retain Office XP - users in the office do | not want to learn Word 2007? ...

Errors List re: Excel XP?
Anyone have a comprehensive of Access 2002 error messages and solutions that they would be willing to share? Also, what about advisories i.e., "to avoid this - do that" type of information? What ever information I receive, I will compile and share with others in the group. Thanks in advance! Dennis dmburgess@ameritech.net ...

Trial Upgrade #3
I am a little confused. I tried Money Plus trial when I went to purchase I purchased Essentials. I downloaded the exe file and installed and put in the key and activated. When I opened Plus a screen opened and asked for ID and password and option of not opening to Internet. When I continued it said that Money can't read file from previous version of money. 1. Did I buy the wrong version 2. If Essentials is fine for me how can I get past the screen "can't read file" Essentials can not read any other version of Money. "Al Tyson" <AlTyson@discussions.microso...

Outlook 2002 XP #2
Having problems sending email due to a missing mailmapi.dll file. Where can I download this dll file and where on my computer do I download this file???? Thanks in advance for any help Dan Can you post the exact error message "dan243" <dan243@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:edsg8HczDHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Having problems sending email due to a missing mailmapi.dll file. Where can > I download this dll file and where on my computer do I download this > file???? > > Thanks in advance for any help > Dan > > This may help go to Contro...

6.0 or 2005.If I want to write a software for windows 98,2000,XP, which is better?
Plz read the subject and give me an answer. Thank you. Use whatever you've got. Also depends on what you are trying to do. (I assume you are using unmanaged native code). If you want your program to work on 98, read the help for all the api's. They do not always work exactly the same for all versions. Ke Xiaofeng wrote: > Plz read the subject and give me an answer. Thank you. > If you don't have anything I'd get the latest compiler and just start using it. If you already have 6.0 and don't want to do .NET or XP you could get by with staying at that level, h...

Replaced motherboard due to hardware failure, it's not identical. Repair installation of Windows XP completed but now stuck in Logon-Activation loop.
Dear Group, An ASUS motherboard failed in a Win XP Pro pc belonging to a friend of mine, so I have replace it for her. Asus no longer make this mobo, it's not available so I bought a board from ASrock with the same socket, however the ASUS board had NVidia chipset while the ASRock uses AMD chipset. It's socket 939 and these are hard to come by now. Windows XP repair installation has been completed, it starts normally and offers logon to the pc or the domain controller. I select the pc and after a couple of seconds a Windows Product Activation message appears: "...

Vista upgrade to Win 7 (Streets & Trips 2010 search issue)
After upgrading to Win 7 from Vista, Streets & Trips seemed to still work until I tried to perform a search. When I typed the name of a city and clicked on the binocular icon the dialog box appeared for a fraction of a second and disappeared. it had been working in Vista. It is still possible to use "Find" by selecting it in "Tools" so a person can work around the issue. trevrep wrote: > After upgrading to Win 7 from Vista, Streets & Trips seemed to > still work until I tried to perform a search. When I typed the name > of a city and clicked o...

Upgrading DPM 2010 RC to RTM version
Hi all, I am puzzled oin this one a little bit. On webcast for DPM 2010 RC somebody have asked this: Question: If I start using DPM 2010 RC in production when it is released how much reconfiguration will be required to upgrade to RTM? Answer: Seamless Now when I checked MS TechNet Library I have found this: Can I upgrade from a pre-release version of DPM 2010 to DPM 2010 RTM? No. DPM 2010 supports upgrading only from DPM 2007 SP1 or later Does anyone knows something about that? "Gorazd Semrov" wrote: > Hi all, > > I am puzzled oin this one a li...

Visio Crashes on XP Machines
This is happening with the XP machines here. If we goto the open file dialog through Visio, If we just hover the mouse over the .vsd and .vdx files for a few secounds, Visio Closes down automatically. pradeep mishra prads_in@yahoo.com prads_in@hotmail.com prads_in@rediffmail.com prads_in@indiatimes.com ...

upgrade exchange 2k hardware
Hi all, I'm reviewing our server hardware and am considering moving my exchange 2k std to a newer machine. I'm running a win2k domain and exchange is on a 2k member server. There are no other exchange servers. This would be a hardware move only. I would like to emulate the old system onto the new as much as possible (i.e. the os would remain a 2k member server, etc). Is there a guide out there outlining the steps for such a move? Thanks! here's some info, if you wish to keep the same server name, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297289/en-us but the better way is usuall...

outlook xp problem with send/receive
I installed my office xp after the trial edition of office 2003 expired on my new computer and now my outlook program can't send/recieve. I press the button and a message pops up "The operation failed". Could anyone tell me what I can do? Have you setup your send/receive options under Tools, Options, Mail Setup, Send/Receive? >-----Original Message----- >I installed my office xp after the trial edition of >office 2003 expired on my new computer and now my outlook >program can't send/recieve. I press the button and a >message pops up "The oper...

copy and paste into xp defaults to text data-type
When I copy and paste data into Excel XP from other applications (such as Access), I find that the numeric fields always default to text data types. This is really irritating!!! I know that I can go in afterwards and convert them to numbers. However, is there some setting somewhere that can change the default to number, so that I don't have to convert them each time? The data I am pasting into excel is wholely number format (ie. there is no mixture between numeric and text datatypes). Thanks Belinda Instead of pasting, you can choose Edit>Paste Special, and choose csv or Tex...

Using Word XP as editor in Outlook 2003
My Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use Word XP as my default email editor (the option is greyed out). I tried using different email formats (HTML, rich text, plain text), but the option is not available. Any suggestions? You need to keep the pair in the same Office "family" to make it work. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Dan wrote: > My Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use Word XP as my > default email editor (the option is greyed out). I tried > using different email formats (HTML, rich text, plain > text), but the option is not availabl...

Upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7.
Hi: My HP dv6500z laptop has Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium for its OS. I am interested in upgrading this OS to Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium. If I upgrade to Windows 7 and do not like it, can I undo Windows 7 and be back to Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium ? How would I go about doing this ? Thank you... -- DaleB Make an image of your pc (using something like Acronis or Macrium) before installing windows 7. Afterward, you can just restore the image to your pc. "DaleB" <DaleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8E075A4-A346-472B-AD0F-1F4...

Default Folder Views
Greetings all, I've just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003, and I am displeased with numerous aspects of the upgrade process. The first issue at hand is that I have literally hundreds of folders and subfolders that I need to change the default view that was installed by the upgrade. I need to turn OFF the grouping of email messages, and I need to turn ON the AutpPreview, for all of my folders. Someone PLEASE tell me there is a way to apply this change universally, rather than having to change each folder individually, Thanks for your help. Larry larry <larry> wrote: > I ...

Upgrading trial version
I just bought a copy of Money 2005 Deluxe. I have been using the trial version (upgraded from 2004) and it finally settled down. But now when I install from the CD it says it can't use any of my files and I have to start all over! I get a message saying message - "money cannot locate ... blah, blah, blah". I've tried using both a backup file and the original file. Surely there is a way, but I sure can't figure it out. I have until March 31 on the trial, so I did a restored the computer to a point before I did the new installation and can access my files again with ...

MS Outlook XP
How do I merge two different Contacts Lists, i.e. mine with that of a collegue so we both have all the infromation? Many thanks in advance. ...

Upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 AD Warning
I have recently setup a test environment using VMWare in which I can test the CRM 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade. I used the CRM Redeployment Wizard to import the data from my production 1.2 enviroment into CRM. I have verified that everything works. When I try to install CRM 3.0 I keep getting the following warning: Setup was unable to verify that the "Trust for Delegation" property is enabled for the computer object. I have set my CRM server to "Trust for Delegation" in AD but that didnt help. Has anyone had the same issue? Anyone have an idea as to how I may resolve this is...

retiring old exchange2000 server after upgrade
My company use to have a single install of Exchange2000 which I recently added an Exchange2003 server to and moved all the mailboxes to. I have yet to permanently turn off the old Exchange2000 server, but noticed today when I turn off the old 2000 server I can not get external email and the OWA does not respond, eventhought users type in the new servers IP address. I have changed my firewall to deliver all SMTP messages to the new exchange servers IP address and I have no idea why OWA would stop responding when I turn the old server off. I have searched the KB but can not find any info about ...

Outlook xp timeouts
After working for many moons, outlook now timesout about 80% of the time when I try to receive or send messages. Other times, it is just fine. Any suggestions? Don ...

Auto resending/forwarding messages on Outlook XP
I am trying to figure out how to resend messages automatically after a period of time. I recieved a message a while back that was forwarded by a rule. I have had a scout round but have not been able to figure oout hopw to do it. Help from a guru would be much appreciated, crossed legs LSD and organe smock not reqired though:-) Thanks ...

Installation Probelms with Money 99 and XP Pro
I have successfully installed Money 99 on my laptop which has XP Home (SP2). When I try to install it on my desktop with XP Pro (SP 2), I receive the following message: "16 Bit Windows Subsystem - C:\Windows\System 32\Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Microsoft Windows applications." Can anyone please help? Tough to say. My first thought is to attack the file C:\Windows\System 32\Autoexec.NT. I'd rename it out of the way so it didn't apply at all. <ivawda@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1108812429.990347.236340@f14g2000cwb.google...