word 2007 on line available?

hello:

I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents made with
word2007, is ther any version on line for word 2007?

thanks

0
Maurice

Maurice wrote:
> hello:
>
> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents made with
> word2007, is ther any version on line for word 2007?
>
> thanks

Word itself is not available for free, but what you want is the free
"Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
File Formats"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

Note the requirements for updating both your version of Windows and your
  Microsoft Office programs with their respective Service Packs prior to
installing the "Compatibility Pack."

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
5/5/2010 5:58:22 PM
On May 5, 6:43=A0pm, "Maurice" <moris...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello:
>
> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents made with
> word2007, is ther any version on line for word 2007?
>
> thanks

The problem is that Word 2007 was made to use the XML style files as
"standard" file format.  The original sender would need to save your
file as the older Word 97-2003 style.

Word 2007 is not a "free" product.  You need to purchase it.  You
might be able to download the Word 2007 "viewer."
0
smlunatick
5/5/2010 5:59:07 PM
"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
> Maurice wrote:
>> hello:
>>
>> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents made with
>> word2007, is ther any version on line for word 2007?
>>
>> thanks
>>

> Word itself is not available for free, but what you want is the free
> "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File
> Formats"
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
>
> Note the requirements for updating both your version of Windows and your
> Microsoft Office programs with their respective Service Packs prior to
> installing the "Compatibility Pack."
>
> --
> Lem
>
> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html

Use OpenOffice.   www.OpenOffice.org

0
Bubbler
5/5/2010 6:02:36 PM
Bubbler wrote:

> Lem wrote ...
>
>> Maurice wrote:
>>
>>> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents made with
>>> word2007, is ther any version on line for word 2007?
>>
>> Word itself is not available for free, but what you want is the free
>> "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
>> File Formats" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
>
> Use OpenOffice.   www.OpenOffice.org

Yeah, waste a ton of disk space instead of getting the previewer app:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac

Or install the compatibility pack for a version of Office *already*
installed by the OP.  Yeah, let's make the user wanting to view a newer Word
format grind through the steep learning curve for a completely different
product.  Uh huh, good advice ... not!

Oh yes, like we're not supposed to recognize that your "advice" is nothing
but spam to proseltize a non-Microsoft albeit free product.  Free is nice
but not necessarily the best solution, especially when the other solutions
are also free (since the OP already has Office 2003 installed).
0
VanguardLH
> Bubbler wrote:

>>> Word itself is not available for free, but what you want is the free
>>> "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
>>> File Formats"
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
>>
>> Use OpenOffice.   www.OpenOffice.org
>
> Yeah, waste a ton of disk space instead of getting the previewer app:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac
>
> Or install the compatibility pack for a version of Office *already*
> installed by the OP.  Yeah, let's make the user wanting to view a newer
> Word
> format grind through the steep learning curve for a completely different
> product.  Uh huh, good advice ... not!
>
> Oh yes, like we're not supposed to recognize that your "advice" is nothing
> but spam to proseltize a non-Microsoft albeit free product.  Free is nice
> but not necessarily the best solution, especially when the other solutions
> are also free (since the OP already has Office 2003 installed).

Wow, some response!  My three PCs all run MS Office, but I have also had
good experience with open source software including Linux and, yes,
OpenOffice.  "Steep learning curve"?  Not for most folks.

Your "gain" for firing off an opinionated verbal assault on a differing
opinion instead of simply providing useful comments is obviously set pretty
high.

Have a good day and try to relax.

-Bub

0
Bubbler
5/6/2010 5:20:20 PM
Bubbler wrote:

> "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message
>> Bubbler wrote:
>>
>>> Lem wrote ...

>>> Use OpenOffice.   www.OpenOffice.org
>>
>> Yeah, waste a ton of disk space instead of getting the previewer app:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac
>>
>> Or install the compatibility pack for a version of Office *already*
>> installed by the OP.  Yeah, let's make the user wanting to view a newer
>> Word
>> format grind through the steep learning curve for a completely different
>> product.  Uh huh, good advice ... not!
>>
>> Oh yes, like we're not supposed to recognize that your "advice" is nothing
>> but spam to proseltize a non-Microsoft albeit free product.  Free is nice
>> but not necessarily the best solution, especially when the other solutions
>> are also free (since the OP already has Office 2003 installed).
>
> Wow, some response!  My three PCs all run MS Office, but I have also had
> good experience with open source software including Linux and, yes,
> OpenOffice.  "Steep learning curve"?  Not for most folks.
>
> Your "gain" for firing off an opinionated verbal assault on a differing
> opinion instead of simply providing useful comments is obviously set pretty
> high.
>
> Have a good day and try to relax.
>
> -Bub

I also have OpenOffice on another host but will need to take the time to get
as proficient with it as I am with the Office components.  However, if I
were looking for a means to make my Office product utilize newer format
files for a newer version of Office, I still wouldn't be trying to dump
OpenOffice on my host as a solution when other free and much smaller
solutions were available.

Installing OpenOffice as the "solution" was way off target and not at all
suitable.  However, if someone were looking for a free replacement to Office
then, yeah, OpenOffice is an excellent suggestion providing that requester
is willing to learn the new program.  I've already found several tasks that
I do in Word for which there is no counterpart in Writer or I had to go
searching to find a non-obvious workaround and, last I checked, OO can't run
macros written for Office components.  But, hey, free sure works for my
personal wallet to keep from emptying it.

The one component that OO is missing is an e-mail client.  I've found a few
replacements (I do NOT like Thunderbird whose rules set sucks worse then
Outlook Express for newsgroups but did get just barely okay in v3 of Tbird
for e-mail rules) for an e-mail client, like Evolution (now with a Windows
version), so OO + Evolution would make a formidable replacement but
obviously a *complete* replacement, not just a previewer app or file
converter pack which is a better solution for someone that already has
Office 2003.
0
VanguardLH
> [...]
> that
> I do in Word for which there is no counterpart in Writer or I had to go
> searching to find a non-obvious workaround and, last I checked, OO can't
> run
> macros written for Office components.  But, hey, free sure works for my
> personal wallet to keep from emptying it.
>
> The one component that OO is missing is an e-mail client.  I've found a
> few
> replacements (I do NOT like Thunderbird whose rules set sucks worse then
> Outlook Express for newsgroups but did get just barely okay in v3 of Tbird
> for e-mail rules) for an e-mail client, like Evolution (now with a Windows
> version), so OO + Evolution would make a formidable replacement but
> obviously a *complete* replacement, not just a previewer app or file
> converter pack which is a better solution for someone that already has

Thank you for a thoughtful, well presented, and useful response.

-Bub

0
Bubbler
5/7/2010 4:04:49 PM
VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>Installing OpenOffice as the "solution" was way off target and not at all
>suitable.

It depends on the circumstances. If you have Word 2003, and want to
read *.docx files without paying to upgrade to Word 2007, then the
best bet by far is the filter distributed for free by MS that allows
Word 2003 to read those files. If you don't have Word you can install
the free viewer from MS, but that will allow you only to see the
files, not to change them. If you want to edit them, you can either
pay many bucks for Win2007 or download Open Office. Choose whichever
fits your needs and your wallet.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T@bls.gov
> Maurice wrote:
>> hello:
>>
>> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents
>> made with word2007, is ther any version on line for word
>> 2007? thanks
>>

> Word itself is not available for free, but what you want is
> the free "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word,
> Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats"
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
>
> Note the requirements for updating both your version of
>  Windows and your Microsoft Office programs with their
> respective Service Packs prior to installing the
> "Compatibility Pack."

I don't think that will provide the forward-compatability, will it?  I would
imagine a Microsoft Viewer for Word 2007 would at least let him read and
possibly copy a 2007 file to his existing 2003 format. It's worked for me a
few times.

There are timed evaluation versions of 2007 that can be downloaded from MS,
but once that timing is up, that's it; it won't be able to be installed
again.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne
5/7/2010 5:00:16 PM
In news:hrtft8$1ec$1@news.albasani.net,
VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> typed:
> Bubbler wrote:

>>> Word itself is not available for free, but what you want
>>> is the free "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for
>>> Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
>>> File Formats"
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
>>
>> Use OpenOffice.   www.OpenOffice.org
>
> Yeah, waste a ton of disk space instead of getting the
> previewer app:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac
>
> Or install the compatibility pack for a version of Office
> *already* installed by the OP.  Yeah, let's make the user
> wanting to view a newer Word format grind through the steep
> learning curve for a completely different product.  Uh huh,
> good advice ... not!
>
> Oh yes, like we're not supposed to recognize that your
> "advice" is nothing but spam to proseltize a non-Microsoft
> albeit free product.  Free is nice but not necessarily the
> best solution, especially when the other solutions are also
> free (since the OP already has Office 2003 installed).

I don't think the OO.o learning curve is that great, but the 2007 one sure
is. But that's a little picky; your opinions are good ones for this case,
IMO.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne
5/7/2010 5:01:55 PM
Twayne wrote:
> In news:eEuvNyH7KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> Lem <lemp40@unknownhost> typed:
>> Maurice wrote:
>>> hello:
>>>
>>> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents
>>> made with word2007, is ther any version on line for word
>>> 2007? thanks
>>>

>> Word itself is not available for free, but what you want is
>> the free "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word,
>> Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats"
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
>>
>> Note the requirements for updating both your version of
>>  Windows and your Microsoft Office programs with their
>> respective Service Packs prior to installing the
>> "Compatibility Pack."
>
> I don't think that will provide the forward-compatability, will it?  I would
> imagine a Microsoft Viewer for Word 2007 would at least let him read and
> possibly copy a 2007 file to his existing 2003 format. It's worked for me a
> few times.
>
> There are timed evaluation versions of 2007 that can be downloaded from MS,
> but once that timing is up, that's it; it won't be able to be installed
> again.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`

I may have been a little terse in my comment, but if you click on the
link, you'll see that the "Compatibility Pack" allows you to "Open,
edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations in the Open XML
file formats which were introduced to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint beginning with Office 2007."  The Compatibility Pack requires
the 2000, 2002, or 2003 versions of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (or the
2003 viewers for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).

So, if the OP has Office 2003, installing this Compatibility Pack will
permit him to view, edit, and save documents the documents he receives
that have been created in Word 2007.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
5/7/2010 5:54:28 PM
Tim Slattery wrote:

> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>>Installing OpenOffice as the "solution" was way off target and not at all
>>suitable.
>
> It depends on the circumstances. If you have Word 2003, and want to
> read *.docx files without paying to upgrade to Word 2007, then the
> best bet by far is the filter distributed for free by MS that allows
> Word 2003 to read those files. If you don't have Word you can install
> the free viewer from MS, but that will allow you only to see the
> files, not to change them. If you want to edit them, you can either
> pay many bucks for Win2007 or download Open Office. Choose whichever
> fits your needs and your wallet.

OpenOffice was NOT an appropriate solution based on what the OP said, which
was:

  "I have office 2003"

If they were looking for a *replacement* to Office, or didn't have Office
and wanted a good equivalent suite, yep, then OpenOffice is definitely a
very good suggestion (after you determine what e-mail client to use since
OpenOffice doesn't come with one and e-mail via the Outlook is probably the
most heavily used component of Office, or very close second to Word).

I used Office 2002 up until February this year.  I didn't care to move to
Office 2007 and instead moved to Office 2003 but only because I got a
legitimate copy for cheap at eBay.  It took months of searching to find
auctions that met my criteria because I wasn't going to fork out more than
$60 for Office 2003 and managed to get the Pro edition for $42.  However,
it'll be awhile before Office 2007 drops to my tolerance for pricing.  If I
had to lose Office 2003 for some reason, I certainly wouldn't be forking out
the hundreds needed to buy Office 2007.  I'd go with OpenOffice and see if
Evolution has yet evolved sufficiently to replace Outlook.

Of course, we're talking about our personal wants versus the costs to a
company of hundreds of users along with the support group where economy
dictates single training and expertise on common software.  The OP never
mentioned whether their need was for personal or business use, but that they
already had Office 2003 installed obviated OpenOffice as a solution to
getting support for the newer file formats in Office 2007.
0
VanguardLH
5/7/2010 11:23:00 PM
Maurice submitted this idea :
> hello:
>
> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents made with
> word2007, is ther any version on line for word 2007?
>
> thanks

Convert to text ( online )
http://converttotext.com/converttotext/index.htm
Need a file conversion tool?
You've come to the right place!
PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, TXT, RTF, HTM and more supported!

DocX Viewer
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/DocX-Viewer.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/DocX-Viewer-Screenshot-157669.html
http://www.epingsoft.com/docx/docxv.asp

Free All Office Converter Pro
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/Free-All-Office-Converter-Pro.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Free-All-Office-Converter-Pro-Screenshot-104863.html
http://www.word-pdf-convert.com/download.htm
Free All Office Converter Pro is an all-in-one documents and image
batch converting tool. It allows you to effortlessly batch convert,
which is the fast way to create super documents and image.
Free All Office Converter Pro has easy-to-use style interface and can
help you batch convert documents between Microsoft office word(.doc,
..docx. docm), excel(.xls, .xlsm, xlsx), powerpoint(.ptt, .pptx, .pptm),
pdf, htm, html, rtf, txt. In addition, Free All Office Converter Pro
can batch convert images including jpg, bmp, gif, tif, wmf, emf, tga,
rel, png. You can batch convert documents to image.

Apache POI
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Components-Libraries/Apache-POI.shtml
http://poi.apache.org/

Docx Converter
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Windows-Widgets/System-Utilities/Docx-Converter.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Docx-Converter-Screenshot-62786.html
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/docx-converter

NW Docx Converter
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/NW-Docx-Converter.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/NW-Docx-Converter-Screenshot-85407.html
http://www.freewarefiles.com/DocxRtf_program_39008.html
http://www.nativewinds.montana.com/software/docx2rtf.html

Microsoft Office Word Viewer
http://www.freewarefiles.com/Microsoft-Office-Word-Viewer_program_36047.html

Altsoft Xml2PDF Workstation 2007
http://www.freewarefiles.com/Altsoft-XmlPDF-Workstation_program_43592.html
http://alt-soft.com/

docx2txt
http://sourceforge.net/projects/docx2txt/

0
Johnw
5/8/2010 12:38:19 AM
"Maurice" <morisaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hello:
>
> I have office 2003, but from time to time, I get documents made with
> word2007, is ther any version on line for word 2007?
>
> thanks

thanks all  for tips and answers

In fact, I want just to view docx files not to edit them.
I found the free Word Reader from http://www.abdio.com/, small in size
(6.9MB), standalone and requires no extra compatibility packs, instantly
installed, exactly what I'm searching for.

0
Maurice

Printing WORD docs from a form

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

E-mails; First letter of each line is Capitalized
Seems as if every first word on everyline automatically becomes upper case? How do we shut this off/ thanks-JP Sigh... what version of Outlook are you using and do you have Word being used as the editor? Have you looked at the autocorrect options if you are using Word? What troubleshooting have you already tried so we don't repeat things that did not work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and findi...

Autotext Available in Outlook?
Is Autotext available in Outlook 2003? In the last email client I was using I could create Autotext "shortcuts" for common phrases that I use frequently. For example, I had created several "signoffs", as they can vary so much from message to message, it's not practical to build them into signatures. Following are a few examples: kr = Kind regards, br = Best regards aml = All my love ld = Love, Dad And so on. When finishing an email message, depending of course on whom the recipient was, I could just type one of the above Autotext shortcuts followed immediately by ...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Where are my saved word?

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available
Folks: The latest DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=775e1a23-825f-450a-9d71-6b8c951ea748. The KB page is available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979970 -- Thanks Praveen T [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

MS Pub 2007
I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HTML fragments. I am attempting to insert the javascript from aWeber where a person can subscribe to my newsletter off my website (created with Pub). How can I set up a "submit" button in my publication with the script? Thanks for your help. Gary Inserted HTML code fragments will not work in an email message from Publisher. Sorry. DavidF "geedc" <geedc1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff5f787-ccfe-423e-b392-66227f87c16d@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HT...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Outlook 2007 problems 03-08-10
Hello guys, When I run Outlook, the first thing I see is Outlook Today, which is good. But I cannot see my calendar entries on it. I have my work schedule, birthdays, public holidays all in separate calendars in outlook, but none of them show up on outlook today at all, I've search the net but cannot seem to find the answer help please... Are they all in subfolders of the default calendar or do you have anything IN the default calendar folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/out...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...