Windows recovery console

How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup. There
are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC

0
tatar

In news:%23qYZva4QLHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
tatar typed on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:20:08 +0100:
> How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup.
> There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC

You have added the Windows Recovery Console to your HDD? Anyway to
change the default boot OS all you need to do is:

Control Panel
System
Advanced (tab)
Startup and Recovery (Settings)
Default operating system (drop down box)

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

0
BillW50
8/24/2010 12:43:42 PM
On 8/24/2010 9:20 AM, tatar wrote:
> How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup. There
> are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC

You mean when you boot the computer you get a boot menu and you are
offered a choice to boot the Recovery Console or the Windows
installation?  Edit the boot.ini file and remove the line pointing to
the Recovery Console.

How to edit the Boot.ini file in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

John
0
John
8/24/2010 12:44:11 PM
Why does it bother you?

Removing the menu item, as has been suggested, will mean that, should there
be a problem in starting Windows, you would not be able to start or use the
Recovery Console to make repairs

You may not know how to use it now, but if someone advised you on how to
use it to address a problem, you would no longer be able to!

If you know that you will never ever use the WRC, then why not simply
uninstall the thing instead of leaving it there and just removing the menu
item from the list?

Look up "Recovery Console" in the WinXP Help and Support Center, then click
on "delete the Recovery Console" under the "Pick a task" section.

==

Cheers,    Tim Meddick,    Peckham, London.    :-)

"tatar" <afe@ersoy.co.uk> wrote in message
> How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup.
> There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC

0
Tim
8/24/2010 1:08:02 PM
"tatar" <afe@ersoy.co.uk> wrote in message
> How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup.
> There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC

As others have stated, in the interest of being able to fix your system in
case of a problem, it's best to leave it there. If you are unhappy with the
delay time to get past the menu, you can always change that time using the
method that BillW50 posted. I have mine set at 3 seconds- that would be
plenty of time to select it if I need it, but not that much of a delay on
boot up.
--
SC Tom
-There's no such thing as TMI when asking for tech support.

0
SC
8/24/2010 1:26:07 PM
I agree with you Tom, I have mine set to 1 second, so the menu doesn't even
show at all!!

But as long as it's *not* set to 0 - you can just press an up / down arrow
cursor key, straight after pressing the power-on button, to bring up the
menu.

==

"SC Tom" <sc@tom.net> wrote in message

> "tatar" <afe@ersoy.co.uk> wrote in message
>> How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup.
>> There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC
>>

> As others have stated, in the interest of being able to fix your system
> in case of a problem, it's best to leave it there. If you are unhappy
> with the delay time to get past the menu, you can always change that time
> using the method that BillW50 posted. I have mine set at 3 seconds- that
> would be plenty of time to select it if I need it, but not that much of a
> delay on boot up.
> --
> SC Tom
> -There's no such thing as TMI when asking for tech support.

0
Tim

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

DPM doesn't show latest recovery points
Hi all, I have DPM 2007 SP1 installed with the SQL 2005 configuration DB on another server. I'm currently having an issue with recovery. When I go to see the recovery points for a specific file/db, it only shows me recovery points that are from 1 or 2 days before, even if the protection group is configure to create 30 min recovery points. Why can't I see the latest recovery points? I think this can be related to the SQL DB being on another server, but not sure why... Any ideas? glad to hear them... thank you. Hi Eduardo, Can you please check the PG details if the sync...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...

Constant Popping Up of Windows Live Mail
My Windows Live Mail pops up on my screen about every 15 to 30 seconds. Have tried signing out also man other things. Any help would be much appreciated to either stop popups or to delete all together. You could delete it altogether if you don't use it. Which mail client program do you use? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Zancherito" <Zancherito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:995B1E2D-D99D-466F-8593-4C7EA410E4BD@microsoft.com... > My Windows Live Mail pops up on m...

GUI freezes and Office 2008 errors in console related?
I have a remote user experiencing system wide GUI lockups for a few minutes at a time. He gets a spinning beach ball, can't switch apps, and even the seconds in the system clock stop updating. Browsing through the console log I found numerous of the following entries during the times of the system freezes: 3/30/09 7:43:04 AM [0x0-0x34034].com.microsoft.Powerpoint[255] Mon Mar 30 07:43:04 user.local Microsoft PowerPoint[255] <Error>: CGBitmapContextGetData: invalid context 3/28/09 6:12:25 AM [0x0-0x51051].com.microsoft.Excel[957] Sat Mar 28 06:12:25 user.local Microsoft Exc...

Scanning opens tender window
Hi, Have you ever encoutered following issue. After upgrading system from version 1.3 to 2.0 there is one problem with some POSes. After scanning good it is not added to list in main window but program works like f12 was pressed and tender window appear. Could you please advice how i may solve this problem? Thank you in advance. Regards, Hi Adam, It is probably your ILC itself that is triggering the calling of the F12. Your scanner is probably set to carriage return, right? What is one of your actual ILC that prompts for the tender screen? -- Jocelyn &quo...