Windows installer?

Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows 
installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and starting 
the download again generally works.

I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such as 
the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - don't 
work until I start installer manually.  How is this service supposed to 
work?

Cheers,

S 


0
spamlet
3/15/2010 9:35:55 PM
windowsxp.general 3897 articles. 1 followers. Follow

12 Replies
663 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

 Windows installer service is normally a "Manual" start mode. It has a
dependency on the RPC ( Remote Procedure Call ) service. The exe
is msiexec.exe and the latest version is 3.1.4001.5512 found in the
\Windows\System32 folder.

 Microsoft Update usually installs the latest version. You can download
it manually and apply to your system if your version is out of date.

"spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
news:e0wtaeIxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows 
> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and starting 
> the download again generally works.
>
> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such 
> as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - 
> don't work until I start installer manually.  How is this service supposed 
> to work?
>
> Cheers,
>
> S
> 


0
R
3/15/2010 9:58:24 PM
See replies to your thread in Windows Update newsgroup: 
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/06a85678ff881dcc

spamlet wrote:
> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows
> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and starting
> the download again generally works.
>
> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such 
> as
> the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - 
> don't
> work until I start installer manually.  How is this service supposed to
> work?

[What link?] 

0
PA
3/15/2010 11:29:47 PM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:%231wDSkJxKHA.4532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> See replies to your thread in Windows Update newsgroup: 
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/06a85678ff881dcc
>
> spamlet wrote:
>> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows
>> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and starting
>> the download again generally works.
>>
>> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such 
>> as
>> the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - 
>> don't
>> work until I start installer manually.  How is this service supposed to
>> work?
>
> [What link?]

The one you just gave in your cross post to Helge Hansel (that is on a 
different problem, but it was it asking for installer that brought me 
here...)

s


0
spamlet
3/16/2010 1:10:27 AM
Thanks,

My version is 3.1.4000 1823

Do you have a link to the correct version?

Cheers,

S


"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message 
news:OOyjnqIxKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Windows installer service is normally a "Manual" start mode. It has a
> dependency on the RPC ( Remote Procedure Call ) service. The exe
> is msiexec.exe and the latest version is 3.1.4001.5512 found in the
> \Windows\System32 folder.
>
> Microsoft Update usually installs the latest version. You can download
> it manually and apply to your system if your version is out of date.
>
> "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:e0wtaeIxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows 
>> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and starting 
>> the download again generally works.
>>
>> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such 
>> as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - 
>> don't work until I start installer manually.  How is this service 
>> supposed to work?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> S
>>
>
> 


0
spamlet
3/16/2010 1:49:48 AM
Ah: found version 4.5...

S


"spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
news:OGTHAtKxKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Thanks,
>
> My version is 3.1.4000 1823
>
> Do you have a link to the correct version?
>
> Cheers,
>
> S
>
>
> "R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message 
> news:OOyjnqIxKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Windows installer service is normally a "Manual" start mode. It has a
>> dependency on the RPC ( Remote Procedure Call ) service. The exe
>> is msiexec.exe and the latest version is 3.1.4001.5512 found in the
>> \Windows\System32 folder.
>>
>> Microsoft Update usually installs the latest version. You can download
>> it manually and apply to your system if your version is out of date.
>>
>> "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:e0wtaeIxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows 
>>> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and 
>>> starting the download again generally works.
>>>
>>> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such 
>>> as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an 
>>> update - don't work until I start installer manually.  How is this 
>>> service supposed to work?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> S
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
spamlet
3/16/2010 2:48:12 AM
"spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
news:O7R4EoKxKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>

>> [What link?]
>
> The one you just gave in your cross post to Helge Hansel (that is on a 
> different problem, but it was it asking for installer that brought me 
> here...)

You have to be careful with links supplied by Pig-Bear.  He has the tendency 
to supply links to malware sites without knowing himself.  He seems to be an 
expert in all things anti-viruses, malwares and all the similar stuff and so 
will just copy and paste anything that comes to his mind!.  You can see that 
from his replies.

hth


0
LD55ZRA
3/16/2010 3:16:03 AM
"LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:hnmt5l$jj0$1@speranza.aioe.org...
>
> "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:O7R4EoKxKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>
>>> [What link?]
>>
>> The one you just gave in your cross post to Helge Hansel (that is on a 
>> different problem, but it was it asking for installer that brought me 
>> here...)
>
> You have to be careful with links supplied by Pig-Bear.  He has the 
> tendency to supply links to malware sites without knowing himself.  He 
> seems to be an expert in all things anti-viruses, malwares and all the 
> similar stuff and so will just copy and paste anything that comes to his 
> mind!.  You can see that from his replies.
>
> hth

Don't you have anything better to do?

S 


0
spamlet
3/16/2010 2:59:16 PM
"spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
news:e0wtaeIxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows 
> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and starting 
> the download again generally works.
>
> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such 
> as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - 
> don't work until I start installer manually.  How is this service supposed 
> to work?
>
> Cheers,
>
> S
>
Normal for the Windows Installer Service is "Manual" and "Stopped". You 
probably need to update the Installer Application to the latest version. If 
you have the Service Pack 3 installed, you may already have the latest 
Windows Installer version, but if that's the case, you may have to reinstall 
it anyway.

You may also need to update the Windows Update Application... to get the 
latest edition: try to manually download any available update from the 
Windows Update Website... you should be prompted to update the Windows 
Update application if you need it.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/


Windows Installer 4.5
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Windows Installer 4.5
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/wininstallnt.html 


0
checker
3/18/2010 7:40:02 AM
"checker" <checker@quickmail.em> wrote in message 
news:el9Ga5mxKHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:e0wtaeIxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows 
>> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and starting 
>> the download again generally works.
>>
>> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such 
>> as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - 
>> don't work until I start installer manually.  How is this service 
>> supposed to work?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> S
>>
> Normal for the Windows Installer Service is "Manual" and "Stopped". You 
> probably need to update the Installer Application to the latest version. 
> If you have the Service Pack 3 installed, you may already have the latest 
> Windows Installer version, but if that's the case, you may have to 
> reinstall it anyway.
>
> You may also need to update the Windows Update Application... to get the 
> latest edition: try to manually download any available update from the 
> Windows Update Website... you should be prompted to update the Windows 
> Update application if you need it.
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
>
>
> Windows Installer 4.5
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
>
> Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en
>
> Windows Installer 4.5
> http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/wininstallnt.html

Thanks Checker but you didn't notice I had already found version 4.5 after 
following up on R McCarty's tips.

S 


0
spamlet
3/18/2010 2:11:15 PM
"spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:OVRc5aqxKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> "checker" <checker@quickmail.em> wrote in message
> news:el9Ga5mxKHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:e0wtaeIxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows
>>> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and
>>> starting the download again generally works.
>>>
>>> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such
>>> as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an
>>> update - don't work until I start installer manually.  How is this
>>> service supposed to work?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> S
>>>
>> Normal for the Windows Installer Service is "Manual" and "Stopped". You
>> probably need to update the Installer Application to the latest version.
>> If you have the Service Pack 3 installed, you may already have the latest
>> Windows Installer version, but if that's the case, you may have to
>> reinstall it anyway.
>>
>> You may also need to update the Windows Update Application... to get the
>> latest edition: try to manually download any available update from the
>> Windows Update Website... you should be prompted to update the Windows
>> Update application if you need it.
>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
>>
>>
>> Windows Installer 4.5
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
>>
>> Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en
>>
>> Windows Installer 4.5
>> http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/wininstallnt.html
>
> Thanks Checker but you didn't notice I had already found version 4.5 after
> following up on R McCarty's tips.
>
> S
>

Sorry about missing where you mentioned the 4.5 Installer but at the time I
only saw your original message, and now I only see two of your messages...
nothing more. I don't even see my last response which you have quoted...

See now if the following helps: Go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wups2.dll ...
Right click on the "wups2.dl" file and click on "Register", or go to
Start\Run\type "regsvr32 wups2.dll" and hit Enter.

And if that doesn't help, register the following Windows Update related
DLLS..

regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll
















0
checker
3/18/2010 9:30:07 PM
"checker" <checker@quickmail.em> wrote in message 
news:OssbQJuxKHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:OVRc5aqxKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "checker" <checker@quickmail.em> wrote in message
>> news:el9Ga5mxKHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> news:e0wtaeIxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me 
>>>> windows
>>>> installer could not be found.  Starting the service manually and
>>>> starting the download again generally works.
>>>>
>>>> I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - 
>>>> such
>>>> as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an
>>>> update - don't work until I start installer manually.  How is this
>>>> service supposed to work?
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>>
>>>> S
>>>>
>>> Normal for the Windows Installer Service is "Manual" and "Stopped". You
>>> probably need to update the Installer Application to the latest version.
>>> If you have the Service Pack 3 installed, you may already have the 
>>> latest
>>> Windows Installer version, but if that's the case, you may have to
>>> reinstall it anyway.
>>>
>>> You may also need to update the Windows Update Application... to get the
>>> latest edition: try to manually download any available update from the
>>> Windows Update Website... you should be prompted to update the Windows
>>> Update application if you need it.
>>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
>>>
>>>
>>> Windows Installer 4.5
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
>>>
>>> Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en
>>>
>>> Windows Installer 4.5
>>> http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/wininstallnt.html
>>
>> Thanks Checker but you didn't notice I had already found version 4.5 
>> after
>> following up on R McCarty's tips.
>>
>> S
>>
>
> Sorry about missing where you mentioned the 4.5 Installer but at the time 
> I
> only saw your original message, and now I only see two of your messages...
> nothing more. I don't even see my last response which you have quoted...
>
> See now if the following helps: Go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wups2.dll ...
> Right click on the "wups2.dl" file and click on "Register", or go to
> Start\Run\type "regsvr32 wups2.dll" and hit Enter.
>
> And if that doesn't help, register the following Windows Update related
> DLLS..
>
> regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
> regsvr32 /s wups.dll
> regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll
>
Sorry you are missing some of the messages, I know that can be very 
irritating.  I had a similar problem with one of the Virgin newsservers and 
had to change to another.  Also make sure if you are using OE, to get a 
decent tranche of messages each time you press get next...

As for your continued advice, I have made a lot of changes over the last 
couple of days as a result of these inquiries, and have not had an installer 
error message since getting the 4.5 update, so I'll just keep a note of 
these new points for if the problem crops up again later.

Once more, thanks very much for your thoughtful responses.

S 


0
spamlet
3/19/2010 12:32:48 AM
"spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:%23v$R$uvxKHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> Sorry you are missing some of the messages, I know that can be very
> irritating.  I had a similar problem with one of the Virgin newsservers
> and had to change to another.  Also make sure if you are using OE, to get
> a decent tranche of messages each time you press get next...

I am using OE and had already done repeatedly what you recommend to get more 
messages but had no results... but this time it did work and I can now see 
the complete thread... at least on this newsgroup it worked because on 
others it still hasn't... Thanks.


> As for your continued advice, I have made a lot of changes over the last
> couple of days as a result of these inquiries, and have not had an
> installer error message since getting the 4.5 update, so I'll just keep a
> note of these new points for if the problem crops up again later.
>
> Once more, thanks very much for your thoughtful responses.
>
> S
OK good luck.



0
checker
3/19/2010 1:36:42 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

ASP Files not working windows VISTA IIS..
Hi..please advice how do i run asp files in my localhost and i'm using windows vistasundar ...

reinstalling windows
windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to continue". at the bottom of the screen it says " setup failed". do i need to format the disc so that i can reinstall windows and if so, how do i do it? thanks, mike mikalle wrote: > windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the > set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to > continue". at the bottom of the screen it says &qu...

Windows live mail
My windows live mail account will not send or recieve any messages. Every time I attempt to send an email. I get this message... windows cannot send this message you need a digital id, this message is not encrypted. I have tried to download a program for a digital id but this has not solved the problem. Dew "Dew" wrote: > My windows live mail account will not send or recieve any messages. Every > time I attempt to send an email. I get this message... windows cannot send > this message you need a digital id, this message is not encrypted. I have >...

Windows Vista
Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this afternoon I decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: 'pop.123-reg.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem cleared. However this time there is no change. Any Ideas ?? Submitted via EggHeadCafe -...

open windows
How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE click Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums "kotus" wrote in message news:%23QO5zHhnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE click > If you can tolerate an extra click, you can right-click the group of windows in your task bar > Close group Otherwise you'd probably need a mini-app that with a desktop shortcut that does what you want. -- Jon On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:58:46 -0800, kotus wrote: > How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE...

Can't install Exchange System Manager 2003..
Hi, The OS is Windows Server 2003 SP1 (only 1 partition, the free disk space is only 8 GB) and actually what I'm trying to do is to have a mailbox for a user from Domain B but the Exchange 2003 is in Domain A. Domain A (domainA.hq.com) and B (domainB.hq.com) are under one forest. I have checked some of the emails that were sent to this newsgroup and they suggested that I just need to install the Exchange System Manager on Domain B but I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard (Exchange 2003 Std Edt CD). I'm stuck ...

Windows pdate Status: Failed
Hi, This is my problem: http://yfrog.com/1fupdatekj So, how can I manage to install this update? I am using Acer Laptop with its own Vista and HP LP2275w monitor. Thanks in advance. Koray For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB9999...

Unknown 12029 while using window.ActiveXObject & window.XMLHttpRequest
Hi, I am using the following code in my .jsp file for request to, and get a response from a web server - without reloading the page. But this code is working if i will use http://localhost:8080/.../xxx.jsp. But if i will call remotely like http://12.12.12.1111:8080/.../xxx.jsp it's throwing "Unknown 12029" Exception. Kindly let me know what changes i should do. Plz explain me detailly on this. // code for Mozilla, Netscape, etc... if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { req=new XMLHttpRequest() req.onreadystatechange=state_Change req.open("GET",urlT,true) ...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords
When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using the View - choose details - keywords and other selections) I can't see the keywords - even though they are part of the file (can view in file properties). I can see the Author, Title, Subject, Category, Comments - everything that is in the file properties except keywords. Is there a setting I'm not selecting? -- David C. Beveridge -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using > the View - choose details - keywords a...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7
I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) and Office 2003 Pro. I setup my POP3 e-mail account and was able to send and receive mail once. I setup a second POP3 account and neither will work. I installed Outlook 2007 with the same result. From what I have read, the 32 bit OS does not have this problem. So far, no one has been able to come up with a work around for this. Any help will be appreciated. Its nothing to do with win32/64 When you test the accounts within Outlook, you should if theres a problem see some relevent err msgs "ernie146nn" <ernie146nn@discussions...

windows 98 computer, running Office 2000, I deleted Outlook.pst thru windows explorer.
Please help, Outlook stoped recieving emails and said the problem was the Outlook.pst file. 1st. I tried reloading Office 2000 "did not help" 2nd. I deleted the Outlook.pst file on my windows 98 Computer running Office 2000 thru windows explorer The file was too large for the recycle bin and I chose delete. 3rd. Then I tried re installing office 2000 again and it did not reinstall the "outlook.pst file" Now I know that all my emails were in that .pst I have tried FINAL DATA 2.0 recovery software thru another hard drive and had no success finding the .pst file, where ...

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Windows recovery console
How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup. There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC In news:%23qYZva4QLHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, tatar typed on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:20:08 +0100: > How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup. > There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC You have added the Windows Recovery Console to your HDD? Anyway to change the default boot OS all you need to do is: Control Panel System Advanced (tab) Startup and Recovery (Settings) Default operatin...

difference between window dimensions and window client area dimensions
I need to find the difference between window dimensions and window client area dimensions for an SDI application. Currently I'm using the brute force method: CRect clientRect; GetClientRect(&clientRect); CRect mainRect; GetWindowRect(&mainRect); int frameExtraX = mainRect.Width() - clientRect.Width(); int frameExtraY = mainRect.Height() - clientRect.Height(); This is ugly and doesn't always work, so I would like to get frameExtraX and frameExtraY from some kind of system metrics values. Thank you! You've already said the magic words "system metrics&q...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002
Hello........i am running office xp 2002 on windows xp professional and every time that i open up outlook 2002, windows messgenger 6.0 opens up...windows messenger is not even on the list of programs automatically set to open up on the Start up programs tab...can anybody help and tell why this is happening?....thanks...Rolf disable messenger integration on tools, options, other Renegade wrote: > Hello........i am running office xp 2002 on windows xp > professional and every time that i open up outlook 2002, > windows messgenger 6.0 opens up...windows messenger is > not e...

Install error : report module
Hi, does someone met such message error when loading the Crystal report module ? " Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly microsoft.crm.platform.types.dll security permission grant set is incompatible between appdomains. Source Error: Line 5: <assemblies> Line 6: <add assembly="Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy, Version=1.0.0000.0, Culture=neutr...

Windows update error
I get the follow messege when i try and run a windows update. Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer. To continue: Register or reinstall the files for me now (Recommended) Let me read about more steps that might be required to solve the problem What to thye mean by redister or reinstall filles. How do i do it? Adam wrote: > I get the follow messege when i try and run a windows update. > > Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered or > installed on your computer. To continue: > > ...

how to transfer email from window xp to window 7
wOULD ANY ONE PLS LET ME KNOW THE STEPS OF HOW I COULD TRANSFER EMAIL MESSAGES FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS TO WINDOW 7 VERSION You don't do it through Microsoft Word, the topic of this newsgroup. "Dummies for win7" <Dummies for win7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DF468BF-FEE6-4BDD-8292-38000059C489@microsoft.com... : wOULD ANY ONE PLS LET ME KNOW THE STEPS OF HOW I COULD TRANSFER EMAIL : MESSAGES FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS TO WINDOW 7 VERSION ...

Windows Update kills Windows Mail on Windows 7
If you have installed Windows Mail on a Windows 7 computer, yesterday's update contains a KB978542 patch which changes msoe.dll so it won't run on Windows 7. I had warned about these types of issues when Win7 was first released. Microsoft claims it was done for security=20 reasons, see http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-030.mspx To get it working again, replace the new non-working copy of msoe.dll in Windows 7 with a copy of the new patched version of msoe.dll from a Vista machine.=20 Note: I ran into permissions issues when trying to delete the = no...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...

Constant Popping Up of Windows Live Mail
My Windows Live Mail pops up on my screen about every 15 to 30 seconds. Have tried signing out also man other things. Any help would be much appreciated to either stop popups or to delete all together. You could delete it altogether if you don't use it. Which mail client program do you use? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Zancherito" <Zancherito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:995B1E2D-D99D-466F-8593-4C7EA410E4BD@microsoft.com... > My Windows Live Mail pops up on m...