windows installer 3.0

My computer is OS Windows XP PRO, SP3.
I attempted to upgrade my security suite CA2007 to CA ISS 2010 and I was
only able to partially install it.
A windows installer message kept popping up asking to install a file from a
temp folder and showing the Source List product code.
I used regedit to look up the code and it belongs to a "AMRT.msi". Looking
for this file on the Web; I think it could possibly be malware. It is not
doing anything-I think-it is just there in the registry.
This pop up message from Windows Installer is preventing me from installing
AntiVirus software on my computer.(I only have a Firewall and Windows
Defender)
My question is this:
Can I safely delete the product subkey CodeFolder with all its three
subfolders: SourceList, Media and Net as a solution to reinstall the CA
software?
Or is there a standard solution to address this kind of Windows Installation
error?
Please reply help, and, if more information is needed please explain. Thanks

When did your CA2007 subscription expire?

Cyber12 wrote:
> My computer is OS Windows XP PRO, SP3.
> I attempted to upgrade my security suite CA2007 to CA ISS 2010 and I was
> only able to partially install it.
> A windows installer message kept popping up asking to install a file from
> temp folder and showing the Source List product code.
> I used regedit to look up the code and it belongs to a "AMRT.msi". Looking
> for this file on the Web; I think it could possibly be malware. It is not
> doing anything-I think-it is just there in the registry.
> This pop up message from Windows Installer is preventing me from
> installing
> AntiVirus software on my computer.(I only have a Firewall and Windows
> Defender)
> My question is this:
> Can I safely delete the product subkey CodeFolder with all its three
> subfolders: SourceList, Media and Net as a solution to reinstall the CA
> software?
> Or is there a standard solution to address this kind of Windows
> Installation
> error?
> Please reply help, and, if more information is needed please explain.
> Thanks

0
PA
8/9/2010 10:03:37 PM
>My computer is OS Windows XP PRO, SP3.
>I attempted to upgrade my security suite CA2007 to CA ISS 2010 and I was
>only able to partially install it.
>A windows installer message kept popping up asking to install a file from a
>temp folder and showing the Source List product code.
>I used regedit to look up the code and it belongs to a "AMRT.msi". Looking
>for this file on the Web; I think it could possibly be malware. It is not
>doing anything-I think-it is just there in the registry.
>This pop up message from Windows Installer is preventing me from installing
>AntiVirus software on my computer.(I only have a Firewall and Windows
>Defender)
>My question is this:
>Can I safely delete the product subkey CodeFolder with all its three
>subfolders: SourceList, Media and Net as a solution to reinstall the CA
>software?
>Or is there a standard solution to address this kind of Windows Installation
>error?
>Please reply help, and, if more information is needed please explain. Thanks

Install Windows Installer 4.5 and try again:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
0
Thee

Formatting Question #3
I have the following: =IF((B21-C21)>0,B21-C21 & " Under Budget", B21-C21 & " Over Budget") How can I get the resulting value to be formatted as currency? I have formatted the cell as currency but I guess with the & "text" it doesn't treat the numerical part as currency. You are correct. So to overcome that, Put your currency symbol into the formula too. =IF((B21-C21)>0,"$"&B21-C21 & " Under Budget", "$"&B21-C21 & " Over Budget") "M.Siler" wrote: > I have the fo...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Can't install Exchange System Manager 2003..
Hi, The OS is Windows Server 2003 SP1 (only 1 partition, the free disk space is only 8 GB) and actually what I'm trying to do is to have a mailbox for a user from Domain B but the Exchange 2003 is in Domain A. Domain A (domainA.hq.com) and B (domainB.hq.com) are under one forest. I have checked some of the emails that were sent to this newsgroup and they suggested that I just need to install the Exchange System Manager on Domain B but I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard (Exchange 2003 Std Edt CD). I'm stuck ...

How to make Integrations for Business Portal 4.0?
Hi, I have installed Business Portal 4.0 on GP 10. Since Business Portal SDK is not avilable with Business Portal 4.0, how can i make integrations with Business Portal 4.0? Mohan. You can download the new developers toolkit for 10.0 at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/developertoolkitformicorsoftdynamics10.htm?printpage=false Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Mohan" wrote: > Hi, > > I have installed Business Portal 4.0 on GP 10. Since Business Portal SDK is > n...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Setup could not find any available products to install. Office 200
Hello! Clicking "Change" button in "Programs and features" with Office 2007 Trial selected gives an error "Setup Error Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your systm administrator." in Windows 7 x64. Running setup from Office 2007 Trial downloaded file to change components works OK. How to make the "Change" button work? Windows Update suggests to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 repeatedly. I agree to install every time, but Windows Update suggests to install it again next time. This began to happen after un...

Windows recovery console

Modified reports #3
Hi there, Please help. After upgrade to GP 10, some of my modified reports did not show up under Tools - Setup - System - Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports. But it shows in Tools - Customize - Reprot Writer - Reports - Modified reports. Kevin Kevin, Which version is it? Is it SP3? If SP3, then you MUST upgrade forms/reports using GP utilities. Secondly, Are you seeing in the right product? If they are say, project accounting module, they will be listed in project accounting Product. Also, Try reimporting the package and see what happens -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://j...

Adding Address line 3 to GP Forms
Several of our customers/vendors have addresses that include a 3rd Address Line (above City, State, Zip). However, in all of our GP forms, only Address Line 1 & 2, plus City/State/Zip where added. These all appear to be calculated fields on the report and I can see where Address Line 3 is available to be chosen - HOWEVER, I am an absolute novice when it comes to doing calculated fields in Report Writer. By using the manual and looking at how the other address lines where created, I've got the general gist of it; However, when I created "Ship To Address Line 4" (to i...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Install error : report module
Hi, does someone met such message error when loading the Crystal report module ? " Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly microsoft.crm.platform.types.dll security permission grant set is incompatible between appdomains. Source Error: Line 5: <assemblies> Line 6: <add assembly="Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy, Version=1.0.0000.0, Culture=neutr...

Windows update error

Alternate Recipient #3
Just installed Exch 2003 on 2003 Server. I now need to set up a mailbox to deliver mail to an alternate recipient. In Exch 5.5 I used to just go to the Delegates tab and put in the alternate recipient and select to deliver to both or just the alternate recipient. Any way of doing this in E 2003?? could probably do a rule but would be messy and i cant trust my users to do it!! Properties of the user that you want to forward in Active directory. Exchange General Tab -> Delivery Options. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this a...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...