Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using
the View - choose details - keywords and other selections) I can't see the
keywords - even though they are part of the file (can view in file
properties). I can see the Author, Title, Subject, Category, Comments -
everything that is in the file properties except keywords. Is there a setting
I'm not selecting?
--
David C. Beveridge

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using
> the View - choose details - keywords and other selections) I can't see the
> keywords - even though they are part of the file (can view in file
> properties). I can see the Author, Title, Subject, Category, Comments -
> everything that is in the file properties except keywords. Is there a setting
> I'm not selecting?

I think: NO

Bernd
0
Bernd
12/10/2009 8:34:09 PM
Thank you Bernd - Does this mean I can't see the keywords using windows
explorer? Even though I can attach keywords using file properties?
--
David C. Beveridge

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Thank you Bernd - Does this mean I can't see the keywords using windows
> explorer? Even though I can attach keywords using file properties?

Short answer: YES
Long(er) answer:

These keywords are designed only for use in searching documents.
With many keywords it makes no sense to show them in a column in WE.

Look here:

http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2312p184id122933.htm

Bernd
0
Bernd
12/11/2009 5:07:15 PM
Thank you - that answers the question.
--
David C. Beveridge

"Bernd" wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
> > Thank you Bernd - Does this mean I can't see the keywords using windows
> > explorer? Even though I can attach keywords using file properties?
>
> Short answer: YES
> Long(er) answer:
>
> These keywords are designed only for use in searching documents.
> With many keywords it makes no sense to show them in a column in WE.
>
> Look here:
>
> http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2312p184id122933.htm
>
> Bernd
> .

how to show a tool tip for a CEdit control #2
Hi, I have derived a class from CEdit class in which user can enter only hexadeceimal characters (i.e. 0-9, A-F(a-f) X(x). I want to display a tooltip if user enters any other character than a hex character. Can anyone tell me how can I do this? Regards, Bhavik hi use CToolTipCtrl class naren "BNP" wrote: > Hi, > > I have derived a class from CEdit class in which user can enter only > hexadeceimal characters (i.e. 0-9, A-F(a-f) X(x). I want to display a > tooltip if user enters any other character than a hex character. > > Can anyone tell me how can I...

track changes text shows on screen does not print
tracked changes (of an imported excel graphic) shows on screen in final view but does not print. I accepted the changes and it still shows on screen but does not print. (1) In your Print dialog, you probably have a "Print What?" menu. Change it to "Document with Markup." (2) If you've Accepted the Changes, they should not still show on screen. Are they changes made in Excel that need to be Accepted in Ecxel? On Mar 31, 12:42=A0pm, Hyphenation <Hyphenat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > tracked changes (of an imported excel graphic) shows ...

reinstalling windows

Creating charts that show change in % rather than $
I have Money 2004. When I create a chart of changing investment value, I'd like the chart in % change rather than dollars. Is there a way to do that? ...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Is it possible to show the week numbers starting from April
Says it all really. No, you can't set week 1 to occur in April "NickTheBatMan" <nickw7coc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143642773.857917.97470@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Says it all really. So all we can do is to set it to show the week from the start of the year, not very helpful to me... Any type of workround or is MS going to enable something like this for the millions of business users who would find this invaluable ? TIA Nick ...

open windows

Mailbox showing twice
I'm running E2K with Outlook 2003. my mailbox is showing 2x in left hand pane. Both are connected to my Exchange box. What would cause them to show up twice? On 28 Feb 2006 12:16:44 -0800, "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm running E2K with Outlook 2003. my mailbox is showing 2x in left >hand pane. Both are connected to my Exchange box. What would cause them >to show up twice? Bad Luck? Create a new Outlook profile with a different name and test. If that doesnt work, change the display name in AD, Apply, change it back, Apply and then open Outlook...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

Word and Excell Do Not Show Print Preview
I'm running MS Office Mac 2004 on two Intel Macs and one Non-Intel iMac and have upgraded all machines to Leopard. I don't know if it's coincidence or not but most of my Excel and Word docs on the Intel machines do not show correctly in Print Preview - warning shows, saying print is outside of margins - and so don't print properly. Everything else seems to be normal. I have re-installed Office on an external HD and it's exactly the same problem. All docs on the Non-Intel Mac work just fine. Any help to solve this would be most appreciated. Joe Have you checked for updated...

Chart showing one line for several rows
I have rows with varying number of filled (with figures) cells (from 1 to 100 per row). I want to create a chart showing a line where the first data point is the first cell in the first row and the last datapoint is the last cell in the last row. Ex. a b c d e f 1 500 450 525 2 495 3 502 465 515 498 507 492 4 465 516 The chart has to show this line: 500 450 525 495 502 465 515 498 507 492 465 516 How can I do it automicaly (macro) because I have to do the operation agian and again. Regards ...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...