Why Would You Lose Sound On One User

WXP Pro
Version 2002
Service Pack 3 with all current updates

Dell
Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM

System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2
(wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop).

I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio
files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds.  User 2 and
System Admin. still have full sound.

System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from
5 days ago.

Any thoughts?

--
Skeeter

"Old age and treachery always wins over youth and skill!"
Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings

0
skeeterh3

skeeterh3 wrote:

> WXP Pro
> Version 2002
> Service Pack 3 with all current updates
>
> Dell
> Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM
>
> System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2
> (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop).
>
> I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio
> files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds.  User 2 and
> System Admin. still have full sound.
>
> System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from
> 5 days ago.

So for the obvious: Where is the volume slider positioned in WMP?

For the next obvious: When you double-click on the sound tray icon, where
are the sliders positioned for master, wave, and cd audio?  Is mute enabled
on them?
0
VanguardLH
12/20/2009 10:46:24 PM
Thanks for the obvious - damn slider (hard to see) on WMP was all the way to
the left. Had to be one of those quick mouse moves.  Glad yopu can't see my
face now!

Thanks again!

> skeeterh3 wrote:
>
>> WXP Pro
>> Version 2002
>> Service Pack 3 with all current updates
>>
>> Dell
>> Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM
>>
>> System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User
>> 2
>> (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop).
>>
>> I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio
>> files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds.  User 2 and
>> System Admin. still have full sound.
>>
>> System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point
>> from
>> 5 days ago.
>
> So for the obvious: Where is the volume slider positioned in WMP?
>
> For the next obvious: When you double-click on the sound tray icon, where
> are the sliders positioned for master, wave, and cd audio?  Is mute
> enabled
> on them?

0
skeeterh3

Sound Files PPT 2003
I inserted sound files on a PPT and set my timings for each slide. I linked files greater that 50000kb. I set timing to repeat 10 times. When I play the PPT it only plays once. I have ticked and unticked rewind, but it still only plays once. Wonder if it has something to do with the timing. Can anyone offer insight? Thanks. No need to check 'rewind'. But you do want to say loop until stopped. Also is the music playing on 1 slide or across multiple slides (if multiple you need to use the 'play until after ** slides' option too). Troy Chollar www.ThePower...

Shared Excel Workbooks Show different layouts between users
Hello, We are user Excel 2007 on windows 7 computers, and sharing files between users on a NAS. The problem is that when the original user creats a workbook, it looks and prints fine from their computer. When the print room, or anyone else tries to print or preview it, it is completely different, and the printing is off from the original. We have tried everything and are at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Michael C Is everyone running the same printer driver? (for the same OS?) Is everyone running the same version of the printer driver? You may want to ...

How do I take two pictures put them side by side to create one
I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. Use a photo editing program then insert the picture into Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "coopskat679" <coopskat679@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EEB18D4-FB70-40AE-9CB6-AD40F8FD80A7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. coopskat679 wrote: > I am trying to create one picture by placing 2 of them side by side. Insert two pictures. Turn on the Snap to Objects option (Arrange > Snap > To Objects). ...

User has Read-only access
Hello! I'm using SBS 2003. I have a several security groups set up. I have a drive containing many folders whose permissions are set depending on which security group they belong to. I had a folder & group which I recently had to rename. Same user in the group - and nothing in the folder changed (that I know of) except the name. Now my user who needs access can see the folders/files but when he opens them, he only has read only access. I notice when I look at the security of these folders - the group to which he belongs has full access. If I look at the security of the su...

multiple sheets into one
I trying to avoid copy and paste. is there any way to combine data from about 5 different worksheets into one? thanks frank ...

Can not share Calendar between users
I have a user that is trying to share a calendar with another user in a separate domain. The other user simply gets a can not locate mailbox resource and/or can not open calendar. The scenario is as follows: 1. Single Forest - Empty Root Domain 2. User A lives in Child Doman A and User B lives in Child Domain B 3. The two way transitive trust appears to be working correctly 4. They are both on Exchange 2003 Servers 5. They are both in the same Exchange Org 6. The Exchange org is an Exchange 5.5 org running is mixed mode 7. When a user account is moved from Child Domain B to Child Domain A ...

This is a tricky one
I'm trying to use a formula to automatically display a cell value from different worksheets in Excel 97 (ie, I want to display cell D28o another sheet, and the reference cell is found in A26. I can't seem t use VLOOKUP because the value I'm using as a reference point is on different row than the reference (same problem for HLOOKUP). LOOKU seems too general to do the job. I attempted to create a neste function using OFFSET, but couldn't manage to figure it out. An suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated -- gymba ----------------------------------------------...

Where are the exchange attributes for user objects?
I want to set the permissions for exchange related tasks. Where do I go and set the permissions for the user objects for exchange 2003? Should it be under Active Directory Users and Computers (AD 2003) where you delegate control? If so I do not see the attributes that I need to set. Thanks for any help. I need to know where to set permissions on user objects: autoReplyMessage adminDisplayName mail msExchADCGlobalNames etc... "Chad P." <ChadP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB8DF1B-42DB-4CFD-8414-C2C592077BA6@microsoft.com... > Right click the org in...

Outlook Client Is Losing Connection To Microsoft CRM While Online
Hi. I have Rollup 2 installed on both the Outlook Client and the server. On my laptop, I am running Win XP Pro with SP 2 and all the updates applied and Outlook 2003 with all the updates applied. I am noticing that I seem to be losing the connection to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client. Right after I boot my laptop I am able to access to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client for between 4 hours to a day. After that if I click on the Accounts, Contacts or Leads folders nothing seems to happen. I have waited up to 10 minutes after clicking and nothing. At this point I can still use...

some one help with the function (OR)
some one help with the function (OR) I dont know how to use this function thankyou for al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Did you check the help file? What part of the explanation didn't you understand? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <nader.198htq@excelforum-nospam.com>, nader <<nader.198htq@excelforum-nospam.com>> says... > some one help with the function (OR) > I dont know how to use this function > > thankyou for all...

How to get rid of "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references"
Frequently I'll delete some cells in an Excel 2007 worksheet and from then on get the message "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references." whenever I try to do anything in the worksheet. There are no invalid references, as I have verified. Possibly there were some temporarily while Excel was in the process of deleting the cells. If I save the file, exit Excel, then reopen the workbook, Excel changes its mind and decides there aren't any invalid references after all (at least the message goes away). Is there any way to get Excel to figure t...

Outlook 2003 -How to open more than one jpg attachement at a time
I posted this on the general newsgroup but received no reply. Hoping someone here has an answer: I recently installed Outlook 2003 and cannot find a way to open multiple jpg attachments easily. My daughter has a new baby and constantly sends many pictures attached to one email. Previously, With Outlook 2000 I was able to highlight all the attachments and open them all at once. Now I have to open one, then go back to the email to open another, etc. Is there some way I can set up 2003 to open them all at once? ...

2 sets of data I need one line
I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any help Thanks Hi, You need to create a xy scatter chart. Assuming you have already tried selecting both ranges of data and creating a chart try this instead. Select the y values and create a xy scatter chart. Then right click chart and use the Source data dialog to specify the x values. Cheers Andy Tim wrote: > I have two sets of data, height and distance and I want both to be on the > same line and not two seperate lines. I would appreciate any he...

Access Multi User not editable
I am running a split data base where the backend is stored on a Samba server. I have turned off all features that I can find on the server relating to file locking etc. However, no records are editable on the second machine I open the database from. If I recall correctly, Samba servers have different security rules than Windows servers. While the rules may be that each user is capable of creating and writing to the locking file (.ldb or .laccdb), it may be that they're not capable of updating locking files created by other users. Try this test. Have User A create a text ...

Why do I lose contacts?
I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:12:01 -0800, Davis Straub wrote: > I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? > > Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? Not a clue. I ran Windows Live Mail without signing in to Windows Live Services for three, or four days. My Contacts list never changed, or disappeared during that time. It is, however, different than the Contacts list I normally see ...

Multi user profiles Win XP POP3 & Exchange Server
I currently have Windows XP and multiple profiles through Outlook 2000. Most connect using POP3 and I would like to add my wife's work account using her VPN to connect to her exchange server. So I need to "reconfigure mail support" under tools and options. I get the following " Proceeding will cause all users who use this machine to have this configuration. Are you sure you want to make this change." Will this wipe out the POP3 settings in the other User Profiles of Windows XP? If it does will getting Outlook 2002 / XP allow me to do what I need to do? Thanks ---...

SS#'s lose lose formatting in .csv
Hi, I have a user who is entering a list of ss numbers. She has to have them in this format: 024574882 712894748 First off, we can't get the leading 0 to stay, it just disappears. I have tried formatting the column as text, as numbers, as custom #########, and like '983474744. No matter what we do, after saving and opening it again, the leading 0's are gone and some number turn in exponential notations. Can someone please help?? This should be an easy fix, but it seems the formatting I put on this does not hold!! thanks in advance.....Bill Select the column Either cl...

When moving one (or more) messages from one folder to another, outlook instead brings them into a new e-mail as attachments
This is outlook 2000 running on a win-98 system. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it will keep happening for the rest of the session. When I highlight one (or more) messages and select "move" and then specify a target folder, what will happen is instead of moving the messages, outlook will open a new message composition window and throw all the selected messages into the new message as attachments. Anyone ever seen this before? Solution? KB? ...

two A5 size letter heads from one sheet of A4
I would like to know how to print two A5 size letter heads from one sheet of A4 paper, so that I could cut the sheet in half and have two letter headings. It's probably very simple when you know how but I've tried to do it via page setup without success. Thank you very much for your help. Leave your document setup as A4 and in the Zoom section of the File>Print dialog, select "2 pages" in the "Pages per sheet:" control. Assuming that you have just the one page document that you want printed, enter 1, 1 in the "Pages:" control of the Pag...

Two orientations on one page
I'm using Publisher 2003 to create part of my wedding announcements. The document is about 1/4 page in size, so there are 4 per page. Across the top of each piece there is going to be some cutting done with a special die cutter. As such, it would be much easier if the two bottom quarters were upside down, so that the bottom edge of the page was in fact the top edge of the bottom two announcements. Hopefully that makes sense... How can I do this in publisher - that is, how can I print four per page (got that part already) so that the bottom two are upside-down (can't seem to ...

User Access Level for Create Action.
Hi, I would like to know what the difference is when setting in a security role the access level for Create action to user, business units, parent child business units and organization. Regards. The difference is that when you create an object, you can create it and immediately set the owner to a different user. This controls which users you can set the owner to. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:45:02 -0700, jfarah <jfarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, I would like to kn...

Copy column widths from one spreadsheet to another
I need to copy (reapply) the column widths from my formatted spreadsheet to another one. I get an new copy of the spreadsheet each week from our finance admin with updated data and I want to copy over just the column widths (and if possible hide certain columns) without overwriting the updated spreadsheet's cell formats (font color and highlights). I know about Format Painter but it seems to overwrite the cell formats and other highlights. Thanks, Joe drumbeat, Try select/copy/paste special/column widths.... Beege "drumbeat54" <joe@dicara.ca> wrote in message ne...

losing pictures
I had produced a 3 fold brochure and printed it successfully for months. Then one day 2 of the jpg files stopped printing. I have reloaded Publisher, done everything I can think of, but can not get those files to print on the office color printer. They will print on the Black and white. The brochure will print from someone else's computer!!!! if I save the file on a CD and print it from someone who has Publisher. I talked to Gateway and they said it was my problem, this is a new 2003 computer, with 2002 Publisher. Can anyone help Update your printer driver from the website of your prin...

Picklist with option to choose more than one item
I need to create a picklist in which one can choose multiple items. For example, I want to create a picklist for Account Type where I could choose several of the following options: customer vendor manufacturer a/p a/r distributor international etc... I can't believe this isn't possible. The only time I can choose how to show this on the form designer is if the option is a byte. Then you can choose whether you want a list, radio button or check box, but you can only have two choices... ...

FRx WebPortal Needs End User Password Change Capability
The FRx WebPortal (currently we're using 6.5.184, but I understand this feature is missing from newer versions as well) should have functionality to permit WebPortal vistors to change their own password. Thanks, I look forward to hearing why/why not this will/will not be a feature in a future release. -- Bill Kershner ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...