Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?

I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up
with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General
tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently.

0
John

Create Shortcut
OK, I googled and found that there are at least three methods of creating a shortcut that I can understand. The fourth I am not to sure about. I want to create a shortcut in the SendTo folder for my app. Command$ will have filenames to work with. So what are the pros and cons of 2 and 3. I already read the cons of 1. And 4 may be beyond me without sample code to look through. 1) use fCreateShellLink (uses vb6stkit.dll). 2) use SHAddToRecentDocs to create the shortcut in the RECENT folder then FileCopy to the desired folder. 3) use WSH to create the shortcut in the app fol...

create shortcut to folder in outlook toolbar #2
what about if I want to have a folder in my personal folders lets say "Master Project" underneath I create Cost Folder, Labor Hours Folder, House folder One, House folder Two and House Folder 3. If I put every single cost email in the cost folder and every single labor hours email in there folder.........for some of the cost emails they are jsut related to house folder one, but others might have info related to house folder one and two........so rather then copying the email and making seperate cost folders I just want one master cost folder....and I want to create a "short cut...

Create shortcut button to activity
Hello Sorry if this is a newbie question but I havent found an answer so far. I'm trying to find a way of creating a custom button on the Lead update screen to create an activity eg a phone call as a shortcut instead of having to go to the Actions menu, then PhoneCall, ie it's just a click of a button instead of using the menus. I've added a custom button to "/activities/email/edit.aspx" and have PassParams = 1 set. However, when I click the button I get a new email activity with oID passed but the Recipient field is not populated, so therefore is not saved with the lead...

[O2003] Create shortcut for creating task assignement in the sendto folder
Hello, We can mail an attachment from Windows Explorer with a right-click, sendto. But I'm looking for sending task with attachment with the rigth-click sendto. Thank you for your proposals. Regards Geo Tasks in outlook or files in windows explorer forwarded on tasks? Outlook doesn't support such options. You can use Forward as attachment or insert object. It should be possible to use command lines to create tasks with attachments but you'd still need to use forward to send. I never tried it for tasks but do use shortcuts in the Send To folders to customize the sending op...

how to create shortcuts to word documents in sharepoint
I need a copy of the same document in several places, before using sharepoint i put shortcuts to a document in a folder in explorer so if one copy was updated they all were - can you do this in sharepoint - if so can anyone tell me how to do it? or something that works in the same way! Sure. SharePoint is just a web site so all the URL's are there and you can use standard browser/Windows functionality. Go to the doc library. Right mouse click to the document of intest. Pick "copy shortcut". This puts the URL into the Windows clipboard. Go to the folder on on yo...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

create shortcut key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to create a shortcut key to make an N-dash and an M-dash so I don't have to keep inserting symbols. How do I do that? <br><br>THANKS! It would be helpful if you'd give some indication of which program you're using. You've posted to the "Office" group, so there are at least 4 possibilities. The most likely is Word, so on the basis of that guess... There is no need to assign shortcut keystrokes of your own - both already exist. If you're currently using Insert>...

Cannot create shortcut for Mapi Folder in Outlook Bar for OL2K
Hi all, While trying to create shortcut for Mapi Folders in Outlook bar for OL2000,we are getting an error saying "Can't copy the items. Could not open the item. try again" However one can easily drag the same Mapi folders to the Outlook bar in OL2K3 and OLXP. We are writing our code in C++. The following properties are populated for the IMAPIFolder by our service providers: PR_MDB_PROVIDER PR_STORE_SUPPORT_MASK PR_ENTRYID PR_PARENT_ENTRYID PR_ACCESS PR_ACCESS_LEVEL PR_RECORD_KEY PR_STORE_RECORD_KEY PR_MAPPING_SIGNATURE PR_DISPLAY_NAME PR_FOLDER_TYPE PR_CONTENT_COUNT PR_CON...

create shortcut of a application icon through .bat file,
hi, How can i create shortcut of a application icon through .bat file, Vijay wrote: > hi, > > How can i create shortcut of a application icon through .bat file, I presume you will store the bat file in a folder.. Let us assume the file is called mybat.bat Open note pad ================= cd \ cd \"program files" cd \ program.exe ================= Save as mybat .bat Make a short cut to the desktop S When i run bat file , bat file should create shortcut on desktop , and shortcut should have valid path, it should open ...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

Create Shortcuts
Hi: Is it possible to pull the Task or email option from the Actions menu and create a shortcut? Thanks ...

create shortcut to folder in outlook toolbar
what about if I want to have a folder in my personal folders lets say "Master Project" underneath I create Cost Folder, Labor Hours Folder, House folder One, House folder Two and House Folder 3. If I put every single cost email in the cost folder and every single labor hours email in there folder.........for some of the cost emails they are jsut related to house folder one, but others might have info related to house folder one and two........so rather then copying the email and making seperate cost folders I just want one master cost folder....and I want to create a "short cut...

How do I create shortcuts to take me to parts of a spreadsheet?
I need to create bookmarks at various points in a spreadsheet to make it faster to get around. does anyone know how to do it? Naming cells is one way to do it. Select the points on the worksheet (or workbook for that matter) where you want the bookmark. Then click in the Name Box (the box to the left of the Formula Bar) type in a name for your bookmark and hit enter. Once you’ve built your bookmarks (as named cells) click the down pointing arrow in the Name Box and select the bookmark to which you want to move. "Patricia H." wrote: > I need to create bookmarks at vario...

You CAN create shortcut menus with Access 2007
Microsoft has posted this http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb177313.aspx The good news is that I tried it and it works! The bad news is that it is macro controlled. It took me one macro to add all the menu names, and then an additional macro to carry out all the actions for *each* of those menus. It appears that you can use macro groups for the first macro above, but not to overcome the requirement for 1 macro per menu. I have worked with Access since version 2, but have never done anything with macros other than to call a startup function with the autoexec macro. So all th...

Can I create shortcut toolbar buttons to e-mail sub folders?
I have a detailed subfolder structure in outlook. Instead of clicking down from one subfolder to the next, is there a way to create a toolbar button to jump to a specific outlook e-mail subfolder? thanks Sure - you can even create your own Outlook Bar Group to hold them (note that Outlook bar can only have 12 groups). Display your folders in folder tree view and pin it open. Then drag and drop your selected folders to the Outlook Bar and select Create Shortcut Here. You are done! -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having search...