Where to locate or kill these process?

Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to stop these
process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll //
ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is where do I
find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls not find
them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes.
Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct place to
loo for answers. Thanks

The items you quoted are not running processes, but filenames.  They may
well be associated with a process or application in memory - such as
"Tencent Addressbar" - which you may have to terminate first, before you
will be able to delete these offending files.  You would do this by
searching for "Files & Folders"  within Windows Explorer, then deleting
them individually.

This is the long "manual" way of deleting a program from off your system,
and can be dangerous if you don't know exactly which files you are to
delete, and can still leave you with many unwanted registry entries
remaining.

Any application you install *should* be supplied with an uninstall feature.
There is usually a shortcut to uninstall an application, located in it's
folder on the "All Programs" menu.  However, if not, then if you look
inside your "Program Files" for a folder that has a similar name to that of
the program you are trying to rid yourself of, then look for an application
in that folder called "uninst.exe" and run it by double-clicking on it.

Alternatively, try looking up the exact name of the application on the
internet, together with the words "how to uninstall".

==

Cheers,    Tim Meddick,    Peckham, London.    :-)

"sherrybukit" <sherrybukit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to stop
> these
> process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll //
> ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is where
> do I
> find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls not
> find
> them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes.
> Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct place
> loo for answers. Thanks

0
Tim
8/22/2010 1:33:12 AM
I search for Files and Folders including the hidden ones and found none. But
when I run Spybot Search & Destroy, it was detected but S&D cant remove it,
even Scan upon reboot.
Yes, its the Chinese QQ but its really slowing my pc down.
So what can I do next? Over the internet, there are programmes that says it
can remove TencentAddressBar which dont know how reliable it is. Thanks

"Tim Meddick" wrote:

> The items you quoted are not running processes, but filenames.  They may
> well be associated with a process or application in memory - such as
> "Tencent Addressbar" - which you may have to terminate first, before you
> will be able to delete these offending files.  You would do this by
> searching for "Files & Folders"  within Windows Explorer, then deleting
> them individually.
>
> This is the long "manual" way of deleting a program from off your system,
> and can be dangerous if you don't know exactly which files you are to
> delete, and can still leave you with many unwanted registry entries
> remaining.
>
> Any application you install *should* be supplied with an uninstall feature.
> There is usually a shortcut to uninstall an application, located in it's
> folder on the "All Programs" menu.  However, if not, then if you look
> inside your "Program Files" for a folder that has a similar name to that of
> the program you are trying to rid yourself of, then look for an application
> in that folder called "uninst.exe" and run it by double-clicking on it.
>
> Alternatively, try looking up the exact name of the application on the
> internet, together with the words "how to uninstall".
>
> ==
>
> Cheers,    Tim Meddick,    Peckham, London.    :-)
>

> "sherrybukit" <sherrybukit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to stop
> > these
> > process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll //
> > ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is where
> > do I
> > find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls not
> > find
> > them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes.
> > Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct place
> > loo for answers. Thanks
>
> .

"sherrybukit" <sherrybukit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to stop
> these
> process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll //
> ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is where
> do I
> find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls not
> find
> them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes.
> Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct place to
> loo for answers. Thanks

Process Explorer - one of MS's free power tools, has a 'find handle or dll
function'.  I have never had cause to use the function, but if those
processes are running on your pc I would imagine it ought to find them.

Spamlet
8/22/2010 3:57:05 PM
You are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection!

Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Also available via the Consumer Security Support home page:

Otherwise...

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7 (but not Vista 64-bit or Win7 64-bit) => Run this scan
instead: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now begin your own, new thread in one (only) of the following recommended
forums for assistance by an expert in such matters.  DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!

   • SpywareHammer: Malware Removal
      http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0

   • Spyware Warrior: Help with spyware removal
      http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

   • DSL Reports: Security Cleanup
     http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup

   • Bluetack: Malware Removal
      http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=172

   • AumHa: Malware Removal
      http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

sherrybukit wrote:
> Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to stop
> these process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll //
> ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is where
> do
> I find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls not
> find them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes.
> Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct place to
> loo for answers. Thanks

0
PA
8/22/2010 4:56:05 PM
As "PA Bear" says in his post, you could try the Microsoft "MRT.exe"
(Malicious Software Removal Tool) application, if your PC is up-to-date
with the latest Windows Updates, then "MRT.exe" should already be on your
system in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.

Type "MRT.exe" into the "Run" box on the Start Menu, and choose the "Full
Scan" not the quick one.

There's a chance MRT.exe will not pick it up.  In that case, download the
[free] application  "MalwareBytes" by clicking on the direct link below :
http://www.filescrunch.com/techspot-temp/mbam-setup-1.46.exe
Then, again, run the full scan, not the quick.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

==

>I search for Files and Folders including the hidden ones and found none.
>But
> when I run Spybot Search & Destroy, it was detected but S&D cant remove
> it,
> even Scan upon reboot.
> Yes, its the Chinese QQ but its really slowing my pc down.
> So what can I do next? Over the internet, there are programmes that says
> it
> can remove TencentAddressBar which dont know how reliable it is. Thanks
>
> "Tim Meddick" wrote:
>
>> The items you quoted are not running processes, but filenames.  They may
>> well be associated with a process or application in memory - such as
>> "Tencent Addressbar" - which you may have to terminate first, before you
>> will be able to delete these offending files.  You would do this by
>> searching for "Files & Folders"  within Windows Explorer, then deleting
>> them individually.
>>
>> This is the long "manual" way of deleting a program from off your
>> system,
>> and can be dangerous if you don't know exactly which files you are to
>> delete, and can still leave you with many unwanted registry entries
>> remaining.
>>
>> Any application you install *should* be supplied with an uninstall
>> feature.
>> There is usually a shortcut to uninstall an application, located in it's
>> folder on the "All Programs" menu.  However, if not, then if you look
>> inside your "Program Files" for a folder that has a similar name to that
>> of
>> the program you are trying to rid yourself of, then look for an
>> application
>> in that folder called "uninst.exe" and run it by double-clicking on it.
>>
>> Alternatively, try looking up the exact name of the application on the
>> internet, together with the words "how to uninstall".
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Cheers,    Tim Meddick,    Peckham, London.    :-)
>>

>> "sherrybukit" <sherrybukit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to
>> > stop
>> > these
>> > process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll //
>> > ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is
>> > where
>> > do I
>> > find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls
>> > not
>> > find
>> > them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes.
>> > Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct
>> > place
>> > loo for answers. Thanks
>>
>> .

0
Tim
8/22/2010 9:36:53 PM
Finally did a reformat and re-install as have tried  all the suggested
scanners like MRT, Malware removal etc and that didnt work.There must be an
easier way to resolve this as reformat/install took many hours. Many thanks
for all the responses

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection!
>
> NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had
> expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has
> since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows
> Update, don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall
> Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!
>
> Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
> dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
> software), and adware.
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1
>
> Also available via the Consumer Security Support home page:
> https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/
>
> Otherwise...

> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx
>
> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the
> MSRT on a non-infected machine, then transfer MRT.EXE to the infected
> machine and rename it to SCAN.EXE before running it.
>
> 2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
> in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>
> 2b. Vista or Win7 (but not Vista 64-bit or Win7 64-bit) => Run this scan
> instead: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm
>
> 3. Now begin your own, new thread in one (only) of the following recommended
> forums for assistance by an expert in such matters.  DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!
>
>    • SpywareHammer: Malware Removal
>       http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0
>
>    • Spyware Warrior: Help with spyware removal
>       http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
>
>    • DSL Reports: Security Cleanup
>      http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
>
>    • Bluetack: Malware Removal
>       http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=172
>
>    • AumHa: Malware Removal
>       http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
>
> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> sherrybukit wrote:
> > Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to stop
> > these process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll //
> > ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is where
> > do
> > I find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls not
> > find them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes.
> > Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct place to
> > loo for answers. Thanks
>
> .

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Using a custom form kills forward/reply arrows in the inbox?
Hi, I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward" and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared. The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence of the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain. Has anybody come across this issue before? Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig into the code in the custom form? The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a COM plugin. Thanks! Fin Known issue, dating back t...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

How to process a message handler?
Hi to all, I am using Visual C++ 6.0. How can I add a message handler to process the MM_MCINOTIFY notification message? What should I add in the section: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP() END_MESSAGE_MAP() As taken from the MSDN Library: "The MM_MCINOTIFY message notifies an application that an MCI device has completed an operation." Thanks in advance. Geo geo wrote: > > Hi to all, > > I am using Visual C++ 6.0. How can I add a message > handler to process the MM_MCINOTIFY notification message? > > What should I add in the section: > BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP() > END...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") exits process with code 128 (Windows 2003 Server)
Hi all, don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, sorry if it's not; at least the problem occurs in a MFC MDI application. I tracked the problem down to the following: In a (huge) MFC MDI app I do LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") somewhere (doesn't matter where) in MyApp::InitInstance(). This works on WinXP, but on Win2003 Server SE I have the following effects: 1. When using the call within the target application (huge MFC MDI application with ComServer etc., but started as normal EXE) and the rsaenh.dll shipped with Win2003 Server (version 5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm...

Integration Manager
Hi All I running an standard Sales Order Processing integration for Open Invoices/Returns. Is there a way to not affect inventory using standard sales order integration. I saw that using the SQL optimizer integration you can choose not to affect the inventory. ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Integration Manager
The IM documentation states that SOP cannot perform updates, yet there is an option for updating the batch header record. This would indicate that an SOP batch can be updated somehow. What are the exact restrictions and update abilities for the adapter's SOP destination? Thanks for any help. ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

How to locate differences between two sheets/ranges?
Well, here's my problem: each day here at work I receive a file with updated info on specific data. Form is always the same -specific number of columns with the same type of data, only the number of rows may change. However, every day I have to go through the data to see what has been changed and/or what has been added/dropped. Is there any way to do this easily? Kind regards Th Hi Have a look here for some ideas. I'm sure one of them will suit: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Andy. "Gryzor" <Gryzor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Locating a Table object
I am having a problem with the following code: Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentData For Each obj In dbs.AllTables If obj.IsLoaded = True Then If TblObj.Name = strHoldTableName Then MsgBox "Another user is viewing this record" intBeingViewed = 1 Exit For End If End If Next obj This code is intended to check if a table with the (string) name strHoldTableName exists, but it's not working. Am I missing a reference, or is there another set of cod...

relative file path location
Hi all, I am using Excel XP on a network at my work place, my problem is that if I have two excel workbooks, one of which links to the other. Now if I have the both files open the link "file path" is straight forward, however if one files is shut the link obviously contains the full file path location. open = file name / cell closed = file path / file name / cell My problem is that I would like to email both of the files but I understand that if this is outside of my company the file location link will no longer work, is there a way to create a "relative file path lo...

Killing the off-line database
Having to kill the off line database to add new records seems a little extreme if you have to do it every day but thank you for the answer. I think they will should have a wireless connection anyway. I am sorry I really don't know how Windows wireless works. In any case what about Active Server pages? Is it secure for only a company intranet. Is there a way to only allow connections to the database via Active Server pages only from desinated IP's? Also, say the .mdb database is on a wireless network can those people still navigate through the network to get to the .mdb database. ...

cursor location
Using Word 2007. When I first click on Word the blank page comes up with the cursor in the top center of the page. Why is this, and how can I make it appear on the left margin to begin a document? thanks Probably you have centered alignment applied to the empty paragraph mark in the Normal.dotm template. With the cursor in that empty paragraph, right-click and choose Paragraph to open the dialog. Change the alignment to Left, click the Default button at the bottom of the dialog, and confirm the change. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for a couple o...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #6
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

i am having trouble locating my server
i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a server Have you checked with your ISP's help site? Based on your IP address I think you're in Australia. See if the article here helps: http://www.aapt.com.au/support/55.asp "talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78072F02-9CAE-485E-A9B8-03E297727716@microsoft.com... >i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a >server ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #5
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #4
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Macro kills formula
I have a macro which searches a sheet for rows within a certain date range, sorts these rows to the top and then deletes those rows. After running the macro, a cell which contains a formula not related to the macro, has one of the cell references changed to "#REF!". This is the formula: =MATCH(UserCheck!B3,C6:OFFSET(C6,G1-5,0),0) The cell reference "C6" is the one that changes. This is the macro line which deletes the range - Range("A6:OFFSET(A6,G4-1,5).Delete I can see that C6 is in the range being deleted but the cell is still there, only the contents are d...

Locating files
I need to reinstall Outlook XP and want to back up my calendar, tasks etc. Does anyone know where I will find these files on my hard drive please? Thanks in advance Frank >-----Original Message----- >I need to reinstall Outlook XP and want to back up my calendar, tasks etc. >Does anyone know where I will find these files on my hard drive please? > >Thanks in advance >Frank > > >. >Do it manually and put exported files where you want them: File Menu Import Export Export to a File Choose folders, name accordingly (or address book(s)). Then go get 'em, wh...