Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
members�including Microsoft folks�are here to help. Get started by
searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
0
MS

Geeze, they even can't get that right!

Link should be:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ironic info in that post's headers:

cf.
https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2010/09/07/thunderbird-3-1-3-and-3-0-7-security-updates-now-available/

MS Answers Forum wrote:
> Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
> search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
> members�including Microsoft folks�are here to help. Get started by
> searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

0
PA
9/11/2010 11:06:50 PM
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:53:59 -0500, MS Answers Forum
<msanswersforums@msft.com> wrote:

>Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
>search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
>members�including Microsoft folks�are here to help. Get started by
>searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
>http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

I have no wish to use the forum(s) , I prefer to use the newsgroups .
0
Jim
9/12/2010 10:20:42 AM
"Erik Vastmasd" <erik.vastm@sd.invalid> wrote in message
> I caught a glimpse of Jim <bojimbo261@gmail.com> on Sun, 12 Sep 2010
> 11:20:42 +0100, writing in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>>On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:53:59 -0500, MS Answers Forum
>><msanswersforums@msft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Welcome to Microsoft Answers, the community-based forums where you can
>>>search, browse, and post questions and answers. Thousands of community
>>>members-including Microsoft folks-are here to help. Get started by
>>>searching, or selecting a product by clicking on this link:
>>>http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
>>
>>I have no wish to use the forum(s) , I prefer to use the newsgroups .
>
> Me too.
> --
>
> Erik

Same here.....

0
Al
9/12/2010 1:23:49 PM
I caught a glimpse of Adam <adam@domainame.comm> on Sun, 12 Sep 2010
10:35:22 -0700, writing in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

>In article <ulyBD3nULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>
>"Al" <goodwrench00@nospam.gotsky.com> wrote:
>

>>"Erik Vastmasd" <erik.vastm@sd.invalid> wrote in message
>>> I caught a glimpse of Jim <bojimbo261@gmail.com> on Sun, 12 Sep 2010
>>> 11:20:42 +0100, writing in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

>>> Me too.
>>> --
>>>
>>> Erik
>>
>>Same here.....
>
>Alright, all of you start by not responding to trolls and feeding them.

Sorry, I wasn't aware microsoft.public.windowsxp.general now has a
moderator.
--

 Erik

0
Erik

how do I remove messages from welcome window
When I turn on my computer my welcome screen shows that I have messages, but when I go to my outlook there are none. I then check my comcast mail and there are no messages there either. I still do get messages but after i've read them my welcome screen still shows I have messages. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

Microsoft Outlook #35
I try to find How do we know that we r connected to exchage server or not. I saw once that their is one small symbol appears when u r connect and when u r disconnected. how to bring that symbol on Microsoft outlook. bala <bala.pawar@rediffmail.com> wrote: > I try to find How do we know that we r connected to > exchage server or not. I saw once that their is one small > symbol appears when u r connect and when u r disconnected. > how to bring that symbol on Microsoft outlook. If your mail profile contains the "Exchange" service, chances are you are connected to ...

Microsoft MDB encountered a problem
Hi there, after a rebooting the SBS 2003 box, an error message occurred saying that: "Microsoft MDB store encountered a problem and needed to close" Although the Microsoft Exchenge Information store service can be restarted, the exchange server seems not responding to the outlook clients. And browse to the Informartion store from either server manager or exchange system manager hangs. Rebooting the server several times same error occured. Please help! waht to do to fix this problem? Ta Are you are running Antivirus or any other Third party products working with Exchange? Also w...

Microsoft Money encountered a problem and needs to close
When sending epay I get to the screen that shows the pending items and click send. The payments are sent and then MS Money has an error "Microsoft Money encountered a problem and needs to close". I have been using without problems since Money Plus first came out. Everything else appears normal. Money Plus version is: 17.0.0.1414 exception code is : 0x0000005 Al In microsoft.public.money, Al Malone wrote: >When sending epay I get to the screen that shows the pending items and >click send. The payments are sent and then MS Money has an error >"Microsoft Money e...

3D Effects in Microsoft Excel 97 (Tricks)
Hi All, I ever come across the steps in creating the 3D effects on Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. This effect I would say is a trick. After you executed the last steps, you will see a 3 D effect space craft. You will be using your mouse to search for the developers and those software engineers names that created microsoft excel 97. Not sure if there is anyone still remember the steps? Please email me the steps. Appreciated deeply. My Email is pft3m9vj@hotmail.com Elvin John Walkenbach has information on Excel's Easter Eggs, like the one you described: http://j-walk.com/ss/exc...

[ES] Os convence Microsoft Office para Mac?
Pues ah� queda la pregunta, porque lo que es a un servidor no mucho. Creo que a modo de compatibilidad no est� mal, pero realmente, es m�s lento y pesado que otros gestores ofim�ticos. �qu� opnini�n os merece? ...

Is Microsoft Still Releasing IMF Updates?
Greetings All, I recently migrating to exchange 2003 from iMail. Everything went very smoothly including the ability to update the IMF filter. I see the update in add remove programs and the first time I went to the MS update site I was able to select it from a list of available updates. However, I have not seen any updates for IMF since I installed exchange which was 12/20/06. I have sp2 installed and I also have the contentfilterstate set to 1 in the registry addtionally, I'm using the microsoft update site not the windows update site. Does anybody know if MS has relaesed any IMF upd...

Pivot Table Error-"Microsoft cannont make changes because there are too many..."
I've encountered the following error when using the pivot table. Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the Pivot Table, or to the page position. Alternatively, right click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. In the layout tab of the pivot wizard I tried to select 9 rows, 2 columns, and 3 data. The first excel document that I pivoted had approximately 8800 lines (records) and the pivot table worked. I then tried to do the same layout criteria for another e...

FWD: Try these package for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--nvztsbzaxu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wzyyihrcqmwur"; type="multipart/alternative" --wzyyihrcqmwur Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lyvvygapxesxp" --lyvvygapxesxp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to he...

Welcome to SwissCash
Hello, Welcome to SwissCash! You will be very pleased with the financial returns that are ahead of you. My name is Albert and I am your SwissCash Financial Consultant. SwissCash currently provides 4 Levels of Income: Deposit USD $100+ you will be SIP (you will get SIP income) Deposit USD $1000+ and you will get all 4 incomes below: 1. SIP 20% Monthly average interest for 15 months = 300%. The interest increases in 3 month stages: 10% - 15% - 20% - 25% - 30%. 2. SAP 10% referral commission of referred investors. Instant withdrawal 3. SRP 10% of Referrals increasing monthly interest. With...

Excel and Microsoft Office Installation
I'm unable to install Excel and Microsoft Office to my Windows XP Home Edition Toshiba laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks. Tawn wrote: || I'm unable to install Excel and Microsoft Office to my Windows XP || Home Edition Toshiba laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks. My suggestion is, tell us EXACTLY what happens when you try, incluing all error messages IN FULL. Otherwise, no, we can't help. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Hi what happens when you try - an error message / nothing???? need a few more detals - ...

my admin users are not shown on the welcome screen
hi. good time. first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). then i disable the built-in administrator. and i logoff the windows. now i cannot login to widows. please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. good luck. Shirazian wrote: > hi. > good time. > first i delete the last administrator user (not built-in). > then i disable the built-in administrator. > and i logoff the windows. > now i cannot login to widows. > please help me, i dont want to re-install windows. Try logging on to Safe Mode with the Administrator account. To get ...

Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working
Outlook 2007 has been installed for all of 6 days. Today it stopped responding. I can no longer run Outlook 2007. Every time I open it I get "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working" I do the Check online for a solution and close the program, and the program just closes. I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and no errors. Scanpst and no problems. I am running Vista Business and Office 2007. I hate I am going to have to go back to XP Pro and Office 2003, but this is unbearable. My problem is I copied all my emails to Outlook 2007 so it is no longer a 200...

Cannot Download Microsoft PowerPoint Templates
I use Office 2007 Powerpoint, but I have problems trying to download templates. I keep getting a message "Template Download Error Message". Following the instructions, I make sure I'm connected to the Internet, am not in Offline Mode, and I keep trying to download several times without success. The Error Message occurs everytime I try to download. Also, I checked to make sure my PowerPoint program is activated. What else can I do to download these templates without getting the Error Message? -- Dizzy Don Hi Dizzy Don Have you tried downloading them directly...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Web Resources: Data (XML) and Style Sheet (XSL)
As I began to dig into the wonderful world of Web Resources in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, I found some great examples of Silverlight, HTML, and JScript Web Resources but the examples which seem to be the most elusive are those dedicated to the use of XSL and XML. That is until today! In this post, I am going to create a very basic example. In this example I have a static XML document which I want to display in a dashboard. The XML document uses a simple XSL style sheet to format my XML data. Finally, I include an HTML Web Resource which consumes both the XML and XSL Web Resources. Seem...

Microsoft Bug?
I'm reporting a weird problem... either in MFC or Remote Desktop (both belongs to Microsoft) I have this simple MFC code which draw a red ellipse (circle) and green background color. When view directly through local machine, it's okay. However when viewed through Remote Desktop Control (of the same color resolution), the background color overfill beyond the circle boundary. You could see this clearly in image.bmp The problem don't exist if - Viewed through VNC Viewer - Draw a rectangle instead of the same size - Draw the ellipse bigger Since I can't post any attachment...

Amusing Blog from ex-Microsoft Money Developer
http://blogs.msdn.com/philipsu/archive/2004/07/01/170682.aspx Choice bon mots from the blog: "Microsoft Money is considered part of the MSN family of products, and has been for many years. It was thought that the consumer products division, of which Money was a part, should belong in MSN. As a property of MSN, Money's success or failure was judged by execs using the same metrics as MSN's websites. You might have missed that. After all, this article's kind of long. So let me say that again. Money's success or failure was judged using the same metrics as MSN's web...

Microsoft, please stop SAPPING me
To Microsoft: This request probably does not belong here but I could not find anywhere else to post this. I keep getting spammed by Microsoft sometimes when I logon to MS Messenger, for example, this last time I got a useless and annoying: “Messenger Tips: Share photos with friends instantly” pop-up message when I logged on. Sorry but I consider this spam because it’s unsolicited information that is distracting to me, plus, it’s pretty clear to me that the only reason why Microsoft pops-up this unsolicited information is because they want people to use it so that they...

cannot open microsoft office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I cannot open any Microsoft applications since i have upgraded to os x 10.6 and i have a ton of school projects due soon please help?? You don't say enough to help. What is the error message? How are you trying to open the apps? Is your copy of Office fully up to date? --rms www.rmschneider.com On 12/04/10 15:55, marvism331@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I cannot open any Microsoft applications since i ...

Microsoft Backup and Restore
I just used Microsoft Backup for the first time. I have an external USB hard drive G: with 70GB free space and 10GB already used. This was the first time I have run Backup START > CONTROL PANEL > BACKUP AND RESTORE I selected the option to backup everything. It ran for almost 80 minutes. I thought it was running because all the while, it was displaying the file that it was currently processing and then periodically, it would show the message writing to (G:) When it was finished, it wrote the following three lines Last backup: 12/15/2009 9:49 PM Next backup: 12/20/2009 1...

microsoft office home and student 2007 02-02-10
I delete my printer send to one note 2007 in windows vista home premuim preinstall and now I want to reinstall it but it asking me for product key and I can't find it and i don't now if i have a trail of full version preinstall ....and you hijacked this thread, why? Here's a few tips: #3 - Learn how to type so you could be understood. #2 - Give more information, like, OS, and version of Office. #1 - DON'T HIJACK ANOTHER PERSONS THREAD!!!!! HTH HAND -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.&...

cannot start microsoft office outlook.unable to open the outlook .
Barrie <Barrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask your question in the body of the message. -- Brian Tillman ...

Check out that security pack from Microsoft Corp.
--rezsyfqw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ohlkhxil"; type="multipart/alternative" --ohlkhxil Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wqyutxpyauhzdo" --wqyutxpyauhzdo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security o...

Microsoft Exchange Administrator Error Message
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Access denied when trying to contact the Windows NT domain controller. Microsoft Exchange Administrator ID no: c1031029 I receive this error message when I select try to add a new user to a mailbox or when I select a users mailbox. I hit on ok and it brings up properties of the user mailbox. It doesn't show me having a user associated to the mailbox. It shows unknown where the user name should be. I would like to know if any one else has experienced this problem and if so what is a possible solution. Thanks, ...

Microsoft Money 2008 Product Life Cycle
I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates today, September 3, 2008. I then decided to download Microsoft Money Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a backup CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product was only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information on the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be cancelled as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life cyc...