Welcome page User Accounts e-mail notification

On our Welcome page, under our User Accounts, there is notification of how
many programs are running in each account and how many unread e-mails are in
each account. The problem is, some e-mail accounts are linked to the wrong
User Accounts. Can anyone point me to how to sort these out. Thanks.

Compliments of Kelly:

Use TweakUI/Logon/Unread Mail and Repair/Unread Mail Count

Disable Unread Mail on the Welcome Screen (Line 100)

To remove an account or to change the count manually:

Start>Run>Regedit>navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Your
E-Mail Address]. In the right pane modify: Message Count, Change it to 0.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail.  In
the right pane modify:  MessageExpiryDays Change it to 0.

Overview of Mail Notification Display on WinXP Welcome Screen
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304148
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Greg wrote:
> On our Welcome page, under our User Accounts, there is notification of how
> many programs are running in each account and how many unread e-mails are
> in
> each account. The problem is, some e-mail accounts are linked to the wrong
> User Accounts. Can anyone point me to how to sort these out. Thanks.

0
PA

Resource Mailbox
Hi there, Could anybody let me know if there are limits on the number of simultaneous users that can access a single Exchange 2000 mailbox. I have just started admining a new server and there are performance problems (serious lag) on a mailbox where 50 users simultaneously access a 1.5Gig mailbox. 35 users access via a 10Mbit LAN and 15 others via a single 2Mbit symetrical WAN connection. Given that none of the other 150 other users on the server are experiencing slowdown and that the load on the server is only about 10% is this to be expected? Or is there anything in the way of performance...

post a note to mail folder
I recall being able to post a note, like an annotation, to a mail folder but now I can't find the mechanism whereby to accomplish this. I'm using OL98. Is there a way to do this and if so what is the magic incantation? Thanks for any tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com you can post a Post or if you are using Word as the editor, you might be able to use word's annotation to take notes. (It doesn't work for newer version of Outlook.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) ...

Exch 5.5 How to Change Default View GAL
Can anyone tell me if there is a server side way to change the default view of the GAL to be "All Users" instead of "Global Address List" for all clients? I don't want to have to manually change the Outlook profile of over 1200 accounts ...

worksheet that is a web page
Thanks for taking the time to read my question. I was just wondering if it is possible to have one of the tabs in Excel be an html page, just like there are chart pages, or form pages. I have a local (C:\) help html file that is currently opened in IE by clicking on a help button (a command button). This works fine, but I thought it would be cool if it could be right in the Excel file. Thanks again, Brad ...

User Guides
Hello all, What documentation is included with the 3.0 software. It appears that only the implementation guide is available. Do our clients need to purchase additional user guides and training guides in additional to the software? Thanks! The product comes with online help and the IG only. You can purchase traingin amterials through a CRM Partner. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "MDV1457" <MDV1457@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4DB0AEC-2463-412B-AFEC-97DD84145813@microsoft.com... Hello all, What documentation is included with the 3.0 software. ...

View this page "Send and Receive Fax Through Email"
http://groups.google.com/group/hsfun/web/-2 ...

Paging through Exchange Server 2000
I am trying to set up an account that will be paged through Exchange Server 2000 once the email is sent to the pager but the signal is not going through. I do not get any returns through my inbox. Is there other options to set this up? Did the same thing here. We have a UPS and we want it to page or call someone. I had to allow relay to the ipaddress of the UPS. If you use a OS system on a UPS then you have to let that systems ip be able to relay. In one instance it would mail a local mailbox and we had to set up a rule to send a mail outside our organization when it came in to th...

how do I remove messages from welcome window
When I turn on my computer my welcome screen shows that I have messages, but when I go to my outlook there are none. I then check my comcast mail and there are no messages there either. I still do get messages but after i've read them my welcome screen still shows I have messages. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

Audio notification when receiving new email using remote desktop
Anyone have suggestions for getting the audio new mail notification to work when running Outlook thru remote desktop? Outlook is configured with the correct check box and have set the default windows theme in the control panel "sounds" area. The sound use to work when I was running Outlook locally. I assume since Outlook is now running remotely, it cannot find the wav file. Any thoughts? Thanks, Bob ...

page boarders & printing
why wont the bottom of my page boarder show in print preview and why wont it print in word 2007 ...

Insert a page break for each new record
I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns, and one of the columns contains duplicate entries. I have re-sorted the table by this column, and now I would like to print the table, but I'd like a new page to commence with each new record. I realize I can do this in Access, but this spreadsheet is for someone else with minimal pc skills, so I want to keep it simple for them by just adjusting the print settings. Thanks. Hi this would be only possible with VBA / a macro. Is this a possible solution for you?. If yes you may provide a little bit more detail about your data structure. W...

Welcome to SwissCash
Hello, Welcome to SwissCash! You will be very pleased with the financial returns that are ahead of you. My name is Albert and I am your SwissCash Financial Consultant. SwissCash currently provides 4 Levels of Income: Deposit USD $100+ you will be SIP (you will get SIP income) Deposit USD $1000+ and you will get all 4 incomes below: 1. SIP 20% Monthly average interest for 15 months = 300%. The interest increases in 3 month stages: 10% - 15% - 20% - 25% - 30%. 2. SAP 10% referral commission of referred investors. Instant withdrawal 3. SRP 10% of Referrals increasing monthly interest. With...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Showing the users in a Ldap (dynamic) group in outlook
Hello, Can users use outlook to see who is in a LDAP group in outlook? I hit preview in ADCU and i can see the users, but what happens if a user wants to make sure that the email is going to one particular person they have no way to check who is in which group. There must be a setting to change the GAL display?? vyaw2003@gmail.com wrote: >Can users use outlook to see who is in a LDAP group in outlook? Outlook wouldn't use LDAP, it'd use NSPI to accomplish that task. >I hit >preview in ADCU and i can see the users, but what happens if a user >wants to make sure that...

Why is only some of the new mail showing up in Outlook?
As I said before, I originally had Outlook installed on the computer. For several reasons, I decided to uninstall it, but then changed my mind. Now I'm only getting some of the new e-mails. When I check in OE, I find othere e-mails that didn't show up on Outlook. Yes, this is with Outlook set as the default mail recipient. What is not showing up IS "legitimate" e-mail, not from blocked senders. Did you set up OE to leave mails on the server? Did you set up rules in Outlook which move emails to other folders? Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "Nathan" <tslice@o...

Sending all e-mails from Microsoft Office Outlook to Office Mac
I am a new Mac user, and I wanted to know if it was possible to send all my e-mail messages from my PC using Microsoft Office Outlook to Office Mac? If so, how? I am trying to switch all of my info over to my Mac. Any help would be greatly apreciated! Thanks! Hi Christina, To get email from PC Outlook to Mac Entourage, start at this page, which discusses several options. http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html If questions come up, the best place for them would be the Entourage-dedicated newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage Y...

my husband gets my mail
we use VISTA (windows mail) but had same promblem with XP (OE). through our ISP we should have 2 separate email addresses--HIM@abc.com and HER@abc.com. I (HER) always get ONLY my mail, whereas HIM always get both HIM and HER mail. We both get the HER mail, and if I get to it first and delete it he doesn't see it at all. Same issue prior to VISTA. I can't find anywhere in the settings that list a discrpepancy with only my (HER) address on his account. My ISP doesn't seem to care.... neither one of us is computer savvy enough to set up "rules" for this,...

Error on Page
I cannot seem to access any station on live365.com. No matter which station I choose, I get "error on page." Any ideas? Well, for starters, you might want to try a different forum. This one is for Microsoft Dynamics GP (great plains). Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Windows Mail
I am trying to import a yahoo email account into Windows Mail, Windows Security keeps asking for username and password and rejecting them. (I have tried about 12 times!) My antivirus is Panda IS 2008. The error message says: Account: 'huw.davies136', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Error logging in. Please visit http://mail.yahoo.com', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 However it is working fine in yahoo.co.uk. Any ideas would be gratefully received. A v...

After renaming a user, how long should the Recipient Update take.
I have renamed a user who got married recently. The messages she sends out still have the old name (MAIDENNAME), but everything else looks good. Am I just being impatient. It has been @ 1/2 hour. Yes, it should take a while, depending on how many DC/GC you have and etc. DSAccess also caches some of the stuff, so, after a short wait, it should be alright. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Also, the use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "CESJohn" &...

Pages missing #2
I have an 8 page publication, now only one page appears, what happen? Can you see your status bar? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "PETED73" <PETED73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21EFCC27-0E78-46B0-ADB7-AD397A9CE945@microsoft.com... >I have an 8 page publication, now only one page appears, what happen? PETED73 wrote: > I have an 8 page publication, now only one page appears, what happen? ================================ Which version of Publisher? -- John ...

Is there a way to use database users instead of domain users ?
Our company has its own security policies and we want to use them to access MS CRM 3.0 system. But is it possible? Is there a way to use database users instead of domain users from active directory? Thanks There is not a way to do this. The users have to be connected to crm from the AD. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Marvin Suo" <MarvinSuo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF5F062E-92D5-4C68-9C13-8D2F2796F532@microsoft.com... > Our company has its own security policies and we want to...

How to print 2 Excel pages side by side on 1 printed page?
I have a 5 column (A-E) spreadsheet which would take 10 pages to print. There is room on printed version to put page 2 (columns A-E) to right of page 1, then 3 & 4 on 2nd page, etc. This would print in 5 pages by printing tow page side by side on each page. We don't want this permanently only when printing. Hi Kathy, There is no provision in Excel for this. If you have a PostScript printer I think you can do it with the printer. See .http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm for suggestions on saving paper. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site chang...

How do I print 4 addresses per page for postcards in Publisher 200
Print preview shows the four same addresses per page and prints out the same addresses per 4-postcard page. Help please! Mail merge the data in. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "neald8" <neald8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8819B5C5-574C-4D94-86CF-AE3101E131A3@microsoft.com... > Print preview shows the four same addresses per page and prints out the > same > addresses per 4-postcard page. Help please! How many cards do you have on your screen when you print? A...

Remove Blank Pages 03-26-07
Hi, I am currently creating a dynamic report which can be a variable length depending on options the user selects. This means the form can be between 1 and 3 pages in length. The problem I am having is that if I set the report to be 1 page in length I get an error if a control is placed on the second page (because the form is not long enough) and if I set the report to be 3 pages in length I geet 2 blank pages when I print the report. The controls are created and moved dynamically using VBA scripting. The two solutions I can think of is some way to increase the report size using VBA or hav...