Way to get folders in start menu to not expand to show all contents/files?

I use XP SP3, and the XP start menu (not the classic option). I have
created a folder inside the All Programs menu, and I'd like this
particular folder to not expand to show its contents--I do like this
option for other folders in my All Programs menu, just not this one.
Is there any way to customize a particular folder in the All Programs
menu, so that its contents aren't displayed, although other folders do
this?
0
PRR

Assuming those links are only for you to use then I suggest move
them from where they are to desktop and delete from where they
currently are so that nothing will expand.  In fact, even the top
level link (the main link) is something you may not want so this
too can move to desktop.

There is NO facility in Windows XP to enable you to NOT expand
these links.  The default is to expand them as soon as the mouse
is on that link.  this can't be changed.

Incidentally, if Pig-Bear or that known troll by the name of
Twaine tells you to scan your system with all the available
anti-virus programs then I am sure you know how to show them two
fingers salute!

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
0
LD5SZRA
5/11/2010 1:12:50 AM
Had enough of your childish insults now.

*plonk*

"LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Assuming those links are only for you to use then I suggest move
> them from where they are to desktop and delete from where they
> currently are so that nothing will expand.  In fact, even the top
> level link (the main link) is something you may not want so this
> too can move to desktop.
>
> There is NO facility in Windows XP to enable you to NOT expand
> these links.  The default is to expand them as soon as the mouse
> is on that link.  this can't be changed.
>
> Incidentally, if Pig-Bear or that known troll by the name of
> Twaine tells you to scan your system with all the available
> anti-virus programs then I am sure you know how to show them two
> fingers salute!
>
> hth
>

> PRR wrote:
>>
>> I use XP SP3, and the XP start menu (not the classic option). I have
>> created a folder inside the All Programs menu, and I'd like this
>> particular folder to not expand to show its contents--I do like this
>> option for other folders in my All Programs menu, just not this one.
>> Is there any way to customize a particular folder in the All Programs
>> menu, so that its contents aren't displayed, although other folders do
>> this?
>
> --
> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>
> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.

0
Ol
5/11/2010 8:49:17 AM

"Ol�rin" wrote:

> Had enough of your childish insults now.

So what fu*k you're doing here?  go and mast3rbate yourself!

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.

0
LD5SZRA
5/11/2010 9:00:00 AM
OK thanks. I was thinking about putting these links on the quick
launch bar, or a customized toolbar. I'd rather not have them on the
desktop, as these are for a young person who can easily locate and
click on the Start button; I'm not sure I want them minimizing every
window just to see the desktop.... But thanks for the information
about not being able to stop them from expanding.

On May 10, 6:12=A0pm, LD5SZRA <LD5S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Assuming those links are only for you to use then I suggest move
> them from where they are to desktop and delete from where they
> currently are so that nothing will expand. =A0In fact, even the top
> level link (the main link) is something you may not want so this
> too can move to desktop.
>
> There is NO facility in Windows XP to enable you to NOT expand
> these links. =A0The default is to expand them as soon as the mouse
> is on that link. =A0this can't be changed.
>
> Incidentally, if Pig-Bear or that known troll by the name of
> Twaine tells you to scan your system with all the available
> anti-virus programs then I am sure you know how to show them two
> fingers salute!
>
> hth

0
PRR
5/11/2010 8:36:14 PM
PRR wrote:

> OK thanks. I was thinking about putting these links on the quick
> launch bar, or a customized toolbar. I'd rather not have them on the
> desktop, as these are for a young person who can easily locate and
> click on the Start button; I'm not sure I want them minimizing every
> window just to see the desktop.... But thanks for the information
> about not being able to stop them from expanding.

Not sure exactly what you want to accomplish, but if you share
the machine with a another person but don't want that person to
accidentally see something under "Start Menu:All Programs:", and
assuming you have different user-accounts on the machine, then:

move the folder in question from
     "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\"
to your own profile
     "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\"

(and copies to other user-accounts you want to see the folder)

--
Nah-ah. I'm staying out of this. ... Now, here's my opinion.

	Please followup in the newsgroup.
	E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.
0
Etal

How to get POS out of Evaluation Mode?
Both of my POS softwares are running in evaluation mode. When I log in a message pops up saying I'm operating on a license that is due to expire in September and therefore it is running in evaluation mode. How do I get POS out of evaluation mode and does it have anything to do with my license? Yes, it has something to do with your license. Insert the license dongle in POS register 1. "G E" wrote: > Both of my POS softwares are running in evaluation mode. When I log in a > message pops up saying I'm operating on a license that is due to expire in > Septemb...

How do I get started with Outlook?
I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? "LauraAshly" <LauraAshly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F311444-011A-4818-9252-1D35FE74CA08@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use outlook and I just can't get it to work. I put in an > e-mail address and all that but whenever I go to send an e-mail it > automatically goes to my outbox. What am I doing wrong? When you say "I put in an e-mai...

Folders Appearing Empty
I have an archive file that is giving problems. When I open this archive all folders display as empty. However, there are 6000 odd messages and the file is several hundred meg. I have run scanpst and it reports no errors found. Outlook version is 2000 SP3 . Thank you Regards, James Does he have a view applied to his Inbox, such as "Unread Messages" or perhaps a filter? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to ...

menu of available macros
hello, i want to have a macro that create a new window or a dialog box that let the user choose between some options. every one of those options refer to a different macro thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You have the name of the macro captured? dim myMac as string mymac = "myMacroToRun" 'someway you got this application.run mymac a_d66 wrote: > > hello, > i want to have a macro that create a new window or a dialog box ...

Menu item doesn't work
MSVC 6. Win 2000 I created a menu item (pop-up) and let classwizard map it through my CLeftView class. When I right click the mouse the menu comes up ok but the item is disabled. I tried in all classes and this doesn't happen if I map it through the App or Mainframe objects. I really need to do this in the CLeftView. Thanks Who is the owner of the menu? If you want the view to enable/disable the item, make view as the owner and provide handler for the menu item ID in the view. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Steve S" <SSerrell@WAGSTAFF.com> wrote in ...

how can I compare contents of columns in excel?
I have two excel files viz. file-A and -B. One of the columns of File-A contains chemical names which is also contained in one of the File-B columns.There are a lot more chemical names in the latter file than in the former. What I would like to do is to transfer additional pertinent information from columns in File-B to new columns in File-A on the basis of the chemical names found in File-A. At the end of the exercise I would have a file with the same number of chemicals but with more information. How can I do it? Your help would be much appreciated. Take a look at the =vlookup() ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Print Queue
If I right-click, and select |New then print it shows document+sequential number of docs opened/printed in the current session of word. Is there a way to pass, update a template that is opened as New so that Word's title bar does not show Document+sequence number ? TIA You could use an autonew macro in the document template with the line ActiveWindow.Caption = "" but frankly I don't recommend it. If nothing else the indication in the title bar is a warning that the document has not been saved. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

public folder replicas #3
I have a new Exchange cluster and want to move everyone over. I need to add replicas for the public folders. Do I have to click on each one seperately, is there a faster way. Thanks for your awesome and quick response on my last question. Brandon pfmigrate.wsf does a swell job for public folders. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822895 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eDH$YdXEGHA.1120@TK2MSFT...

How to get list of namespces ?
How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? -- Best regards, Oleg Subachev subachev@ural.ru "Oleg Subachev" <oleg@urvb.ru> wrote in message news:OU4HcHWdEHA.2376@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to get list of namespces that are declared in an element ? Given that you have first positioned yourself onto an XmlElement of an XmlDocument, one of the fastest ways is to grab an XPath- Navigator and enumerate the Namespace nodes that are present. XPathNavigator nav = myElement.CreateNavigator( ); if ( nav.MoveToFirstNamespace( ) ) do { ...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Formating Content on reports
I've tried following the steps in the SDK but am getting no where. How do I apply formating to numbers, dates ETC? I've added a dataset for "DSNumandCurrency" with a SELECT * FROM dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings() but can't seem to use anything. ...

customer on hold should get warning on recurring batch posting
If a customer is put on hold after a transaction for it is saved in a recurring batch, the system will still let the user post the batch without any warning. Please include the GP functionality to get a message prompt or warning that the user is posting a batch that includes transaction(s) for batch recurring. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

XmlDocument and FileStream's with trailing contents after edit

Duplicate personal folders #11
I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders How con I get rid of the duplicate There are countless posts in this group that address this exhaustively documented issue. Feel free to read any of them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nick C" <nickcwpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uBoS2tg$GHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using Outlook 2003. I recently noticed that I have two personal >folders in my folders list containing exactly the same sub-folders > > Ho...

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.
I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter. I have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages. What am I doing wrong. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003 and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.Hope this helps DeanH "rlw" wrote: > I can't get my letterhead to only appear ...

A way to create sub-categories?

Report showing which users have access to a particular window/repo
Is there a report that can be printed (or a particular table that can be looked at) that will list all users that have access to a particular window or report? We're on GP 10, upgraded from GP 9, so all the roles and tasks are CNV_..... In particular, we need a quick and easy way to see which users have access the the payroll check history report. Sure there is. Abreviated instructions follow but detailed ones can be found in our Dynamics GP Security Handbook on page II-38. Load the Security Resource Table first by going to Maintenance, select Clear Tables (BE CAREFUL)...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Import into Outlook from Folder
Hi all Is there a free tool that is available for importing messages from a folder into Microsoft Outlook 2002? We have had computer problems, and have finally decided to move over to outlook from outlook express. We copied the sub-folders in outlook express into new folders in my computer, but trying to copy 4000 e- mails into outlook gives error messages. Every so often during this process the explorer process will terminate, leaving us totally confused as to where we finished. We are running XP Home Service pack 2. PLEASE HELP!!! H@mst3r H@mst3r wrote: > Hi all > > Is there...

How to Get Rid of Surfboard Shim Object View Message
I had to reinstall everything on my computer after a crash. I reinstalled my MS Money 2007. Now every time I click on a tab or want to do something I get this message about Surfboard Shim Object View. I've opened, saved, and cancelled it and it still keeps coming back. How do I get this to stop? Thanx In microsoft.public.money, Toni Black <Toni Black@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had to reinstall everything on my computer after a crash. I reinstalled my >MS Money 2007. Now every time I click on a tab or want to do something I get >this message about Surf...

Outlook 2002 and file attachments
I am unable to receive any file attachments in Outlook. They are all blocked. How does one go about changing the default settings to allow the attachments to come through. I have a firewall and virus protection to stop any problem files. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:031201c3b6f5$d725fe60$a501280a@phx.gbl, Toody wrote: > I am unable t...

When I type numbers in currency all I get is #######
After I type an amount in a cell, it turns to pound signs as soon as I go to the next cell. How can I fix this? Amanda Make the column wider -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mommy4shane" <mommy4shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CAD94EE-EC45-4C10-9402-DBC94723CCD4@microsoft.com... > After I type an amount in a cell, it turns to pound signs as soon as I go > to > the next cell. How can I fix this? > > Amanda It could mean a few things. 1. The columnwidth is too narrow to show the number. Widen the colu...

SBS 2003 and Windows 7 Folder Redirection
Hi I have a simple Windows 2003 server, and we have 4 XP Pro clients... I have setup folder redirection for Desktop and My Documents to my users home directory.., and this works fine..., no problems... We have just brought a Windows 7 machine, and I have added it to the Domain and usual, rebooted and logged in, but the folder redirection doesn't seem to be working...? Is there something else I have to do here to get this to work...? Any help is mush appreciated.... Col Vista and Windows 7 use a different group policy for folder redirection that is not backwar...