Hi all,

I usually run my PC as Administrator which I now know is dangerous,
as it can let malware in and play with the system more easily. So
I want to create a limited User account instead, but all my settings
are under the Admin profile (eg. Quick Launch icons, file associations,
and so on).

Is there an easy way to migrate these to the User account, so that when
I log in as User, my desktop is the same, icons are the same, etc?

Thanks for any advice.

a wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I usually run my PC as Administrator which I now know is dangerous,
> as it can let malware in and play with the system more easily. So
> I want to create a limited User account instead, but all my settings
> are under the Admin profile (eg. Quick Launch icons, file associations,
> and so on).
>
> Is there an easy way to migrate these to the User account, so that when
> I log in as User, my desktop is the same, icons are the same, etc?
>
> Thanks for any advice.

Copy the user profile to the new user.

To copy a user profile
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_userprofile_copy.mspx?mfr=true

John
0
John
7/12/2010 1:46:35 PM
"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:%23KtFgicILHA.4596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

> a wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I usually run my PC as Administrator which I now know is dangerous,
>> as it can let malware in and play with the system more easily. So
>> I want to create a limited User account instead, but all my settings
>> are under the Admin profile (eg. Quick Launch icons, file associations,
>> and so on).
>>
>> Is there an easy way to migrate these to the User account, so that when
>> I log in as User, my desktop is the same, icons are the same, etc?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Copy the user profile to the new user.
>
> To copy a user profile
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_userprofile_copy.mspx?mfr=true
>
> John

No good, the "Copy To" button for the Administrator account is disabled,
so I can't perform Step 3 at the URL you quoted above. :(

"a" <b@invalid.com> wrote in message news:4c3b2643$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:%23KtFgicILHA.4596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>

>> a wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I usually run my PC as Administrator which I now know is dangerous,
>>> as it can let malware in and play with the system more easily. So
>>> I want to create a limited User account instead, but all my settings
>>> are under the Admin profile (eg. Quick Launch icons, file associations,
>>> and so on).
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to migrate these to the User account, so that when
>>> I log in as User, my desktop is the same, icons are the same, etc?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any advice.
>>
>> Copy the user profile to the new user.
>>
>> To copy a user profile
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_userprofile_copy.mspx?mfr=true
>>
>> John
>
> No good, the "Copy To" button for the Administrator account is disabled,
> so I can't perform Step 3 at the URL you quoted above. :(

Hang on, I bet it's because I haven't logged in as the Limited Account yet!
I'll be back in a moment... :)

"a" <b@invalid.com> wrote in message news:4c3b2643$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>>

>> a wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I usually run my PC as Administrator which I now know is dangerous,
>>> as it can let malware in and play with the system more easily. So
>>> I want to create a limited User account instead, but all my settings
>>> are under the Admin profile (eg. Quick Launch icons, file associations,
>>> and so on).
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to migrate these to the User account, so that when
>>> I log in as User, my desktop is the same, icons are the same, etc?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any advice.
>>
>> Copy the user profile to the new user.
>>
>> To copy a user profile
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_userprofile_copy.mspx?mfr=true
>>
>> John
>
> No good, the "Copy To" button for the Administrator account is disabled,
> so I can't perform Step 3 at the URL you quoted above. :(

You need to reboot the machine, then log on under some third admin account
in order to perform the copy action.

0
Pegasus
7/12/2010 2:31:22 PM
a wrote:

> John John ...
>
>> a wrote:
>>
>>> I usually run my PC as Administrator which I now know is dangerous,
>>> as it can let malware in and play with the system more easily. So
>>> I want to create a limited User account instead, but all my settings
>>> are under the Admin profile (eg. Quick Launch icons, file associations,
>>> and so on).
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to migrate these to the User account, so that when
>>> I log in as User, my desktop is the same, icons are the same, etc?
>>
>> Copy the user profile to the new user.
>>
>> To copy a user profile
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_userprofile_copy.mspx?mfr=true
>
> No good, the "Copy To" button for the Administrator account is disabled,
> so I can't perform Step 3 at the URL you quoted above. :(

You cannot copy the userprofile of the account on which you are logged.
That means you must not be logged on the userprofile you are copying
from or the userprofile that you are copying to.  You need to use a 3rd
"intermediary" account that does the copying.

You should have an alternate admin-level account, anyway, and NEVER use
the Administrator account (not even to install programs) except in
emergencies.  Create a second admin-level account and always use that
one for your admin tasks.  Use a 3rd account on which you login to copy
the source userprofile to the target userprofile.

However, for there to be a target userprofile means you must have logged
in at least once to that new account.  The userprofile doesn't get
generated until you login the first time.  After creating the limited
account, log onto it.  That creates its userprofile path and definition
in the registry.  Then logoff that limited account, log onto your
alternate (but now primary) admin-level account and copy your old admin
userprofile atop your *existing* limited userprofile.

By the way, what is important is that you run the vulnerable programs
(used as infection vectors into your host) under a LUA token.  The LUA
(limited user account) token reduces the privileges on the process to be
the same as if you had logged under a limited account and ran that
program.  The web browser is probably the highest targeted infection
vector into your host.  You can still logon under your admin-level
account but run the web browser under a LUA token to have all the same
safety that you get when running that web browser while logged on under
a limited account.  So you don't have to give up using your admin-level
account (which should still NOT be the Administrator account but a
different admin-level account) just to have the safety of limited
privileges on your web browser.  While there are 3rd party software that
lets you restrict a program to run under a LUA token, you can do that
using SRPs (software restriction policies) already provided in Windows
XP; however, it requires adding a "Basic" account under which to run a
program which is not defined by default in Windows XP.  If you want to
use your admin-level account but protect yourself by limiting the
privileges on your web browser, I can tell you how to do that using SRPs
already available in Windows XP.  Once you do it the first time, you'll
see how easily it is to do for other programs, like for other web
browsers that you install, a newsreader (NNTP client), or for your
e-mail program.  It is not required to log under a limited account to
limit the privileges allowed for a program.
0
VanguardLH
7/12/2010 4:04:23 PM
Thanks for your long answer (and to Pegasus, too!). :)

Okay, it's late here now so I will add a new admin account tomorrow
and try again. Hopefully it'll all work! Does it also mean that all
apps installed will have their Registry settings copied across, too?
Or is it literally just the basics like my "Documents and Settings"
folder? I was kind of hoping I could copy everything and just boot
up as Limited with all my apps still running, too. I fear not?

"a" <b@invalid.com> wrote in message news:4c3b4a0f@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> Thanks for your long answer (and to Pegasus, too!). :)
>
> Okay, it's late here now so I will add a new admin account tomorrow
> and try again. Hopefully it'll all work! Does it also mean that all
> apps installed will have their Registry settings copied across, too?
> Or is it literally just the basics like my "Documents and Settings"
> folder? I was kind of hoping I could copy everything and just boot
> up as Limited with all my apps still running, too. I fear not?

Copying a profile is equivalent to cloning an account.
0
Pegasus
7/12/2010 5:24:20 PM
a wrote:

> Thanks for your long answer (and to Pegasus, too!). :)
>
> Okay, it's late here now so I will add a new admin account tomorrow
> and try again. Hopefully it'll all work! Does it also mean that all
> apps installed will have their Registry settings copied across, too?
> Or is it literally just the basics like my "Documents and Settings"
> folder? I was kind of hoping I could copy everything and just boot
> up as Limited with all my apps still running, too. I fear not?

Did you install the app(s) for all users?  Or just for your own account?
0
VanguardLH
7/13/2010 5:57:15 AM
"Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote

>> Okay, it's late here now so I will add a new admin account tomorrow
>> and try again. Hopefully it'll all work! Does it also mean that all
>> apps installed will have their Registry settings copied across, too?
>> Or is it literally just the basics like my "Documents and Settings"
>> folder? I was kind of hoping I could copy everything and just boot
>> up as Limited with all my apps still running, too. I fear not?
>
> Copying a profile is equivalent to cloning an account.

Good to know!

"VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote

>> Okay, it's late here now so I will add a new admin account tomorrow
>> and try again. Hopefully it'll all work! Does it also mean that all
>> apps installed will have their Registry settings copied across, too?
>> Or is it literally just the basics like my "Documents and Settings"
>> folder? I was kind of hoping I could copy everything and just boot
>> up as Limited with all my apps still running, too. I fear not?
>
> Did you install the app(s) for all users?  Or just for your own account?

Can't remember now, but I think they were for all. A good point to remember
for future installs, too! :)

Anyway, I tried to copy the Administrator account to the Limited account by
using a second temp Admin account, but it failed. Here's a screenshot of the
error, which is to do with "failing to set security on the dest profile":

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/361/profileerror.png

I tried the copy in Safe Mode, but it also fails in normal boot mode. I really
don't know what to do next, except try the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard"?

Also, I found this web page...

http://www.techiehq.net/system-security-and-infection-support/convert-admin-account-limited-account-4612.html

(shortened URL = http://preview.tinyurl.com/2vp8d2h )

....where the second tip says "What you can do is change your 'everday' account
to the admin setting then switch your admin acount to limited (in that order)".

How would I do that? I see no option that converts an Admin account to Limited.

"a" <b@invalid.com> wrote in message news:4c3c680c$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote
>
>>> Okay, it's late here now so I will add a new admin account tomorrow
>>> and try again. Hopefully it'll all work! Does it also mean that all
>>> apps installed will have their Registry settings copied across, too?
>>> Or is it literally just the basics like my "Documents and Settings"
>>> folder? I was kind of hoping I could copy everything and just boot
>>> up as Limited with all my apps still running, too. I fear not?
>>
>> Did you install the app(s) for all users?  Or just for your own account?
>
> Can't remember now, but I think they were for all. A good point to
> remember
> for future installs, too! :)
>
> Anyway, I tried to copy the Administrator account to the Limited account
> by
> using a second temp Admin account, but it failed. Here's a screenshot of
> the
> error, which is to do with "failing to set security on the dest profile":
>
> http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/361/profileerror.png

<snip>

This could happen if the account you use when copying the profile does not
have administrative privileges. You can probably resolve the issue like so:
1. Log on under an admin account.
2. Seize ownership of the "User" profile folder.
3. Set the permissions for the "User" profile folder to "Full access" for
"Everyone".
4. Repeat the "copy" process.

0
Pegasus
7/13/2010 3:34:47 PM
"Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote

>> Anyway, I tried to copy the Administrator account to the Limited account by
>> using a second temp Admin account, but it failed. Here's a screenshot of the
>> error, which is to do with "failing to set security on the dest profile":
>>
>> http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/361/profileerror.png
>>
> <snip>
>
> This could happen if the account you use when copying the profile does not have administrative privileges. You can probably
> resolve the issue like so:
> 1. Log on under an admin account.
> 2. Seize ownership of the "User" profile folder.
> 3. Set the permissions for the "User" profile folder to "Full access" for "Everyone".
> 4. Repeat the "copy" process.

I was logged in as TempAdmin, which, as you can tell, was an Admin account.
But, can you please confirm for me that I was trying to copy the Admin
profile to the new correct folder, ie. "..\Documents and Settings\User" ?
Because I had to browse for a folder and wasn't sure if that was right?
Once you confirm, I'll try your steps above again.

"a" <b@invalid.com> wrote in message news:4c3db04d@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> "Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote
>
>>> Anyway, I tried to copy the Administrator account to the Limited account
>>> by
>>> using a second temp Admin account, but it failed. Here's a screenshot of
>>> the
>>> error, which is to do with "failing to set security on the dest
>>> profile":
>>>
>>> http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/361/profileerror.png
>>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> This could happen if the account you use when copying the profile does
>> not have administrative privileges. You can probably resolve the issue
>> like so:
>> 1. Log on under an admin account.
>> 2. Seize ownership of the "User" profile folder.
>> 3. Set the permissions for the "User" profile folder to "Full access" for
>> "Everyone".
>> 4. Repeat the "copy" process.
>
> I was logged in as TempAdmin, which, as you can tell, was an Admin
> account.
> But, can you please confirm for me that I was trying to copy the Admin
> profile to the new correct folder, ie. "..\Documents and Settings\User" ?
> Because I had to browse for a folder and wasn't sure if that was right?
> Once you confirm, I'll try your steps above again.

There is no need to guess what the correct name of the profile folder is.
You can find out for sure like so:
1. Log on as User.
2. Start a Command Prompt.
3. Type this command:
    set  userprofile

0
Pegasus
7/14/2010 3:25:27 PM
a formulated on Wednesday :
> I was logged in as TempAdmin, which, as you can tell, was an Admin account.
> But, can you please confirm for me that I was trying to copy the Admin
> profile to the new correct folder, ie. "..\Documents and Settings\User" ?
> Because I had to browse for a folder and wasn't sure if that was right?
> Once you confirm, I'll try your steps above again.

3. Type this command:
    set  userprofile

set  userprofile is a typo I think. Probably should be net userprofile.

More info here.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5031577.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251394
http://ss64.com/nt/

Johnw
7/14/2010 11:42:41 PM
On 7/14/2010 8:42 PM, Johnw wrote:
> a formulated on Wednesday :
>> I was logged in as TempAdmin, which, as you can tell, was an Admin
>> account.
>> But, can you please confirm for me that I was trying to copy the Admin
>> profile to the new correct folder, ie. "..\Documents and Settings\User" ?
>> Because I had to browse for a folder and wasn't sure if that was right?
>> Once you confirm, I'll try your steps above again.
>
> 3. Type this command:
> set userprofile
>
> set userprofile is a typo I think. Probably should be net userprofile.

You certainly didn't try that before you posted...

John
0
John
7/15/2010 12:25:25 AM
on 15/07/2010, John John - MVP supposed :
> On 7/14/2010 8:42 PM, Johnw wrote:
>> a formulated on Wednesday :
>>> I was logged in as TempAdmin, which, as you can tell, was an Admin
>>> account.
>>> But, can you please confirm for me that I was trying to copy the Admin
>>> profile to the new correct folder, ie. "..\Documents and Settings\User" ?
>>> Because I had to browse for a folder and wasn't sure if that was right?
>>> Once you confirm, I'll try your steps above again.
>>
>> 3. Type this command:
>> set userprofile
>>
>> set userprofile is a typo I think. Probably should be net userprofile.
>
> You certainly didn't try that before you posted...

Correct, but I googled set userprofile & could'nt find a thing.

Got me wondering now.

Johnw
7/15/2010 12:42:12 AM

"Johnw" <johnmattmel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> on 15/07/2010, John John - MVP supposed :
>> On 7/14/2010 8:42 PM, Johnw wrote:
>>> a formulated on Wednesday :
>>>
>>> 3. Type this command:
>>> set userprofile
>>>
>>> set userprofile is a typo I think. Probably should be net userprofile.
>>
>> You certainly didn't try that before you posted...
>
> Correct, but I googled set userprofile & could'nt find a thing.
>
> Got me wondering now.

%UserProfile% is one of the many environmental variables. The command

set UserProfile

will give you its current value. On the other hand, your proposed command
"net userprofile" will fail.

0
Pegasus
7/15/2010 5:55:38 AM
Thanks for all the replies, but I've had no success after all.

I did everything that I could (logged in as a new Admin in Safe
Mode, took ownership of the old Admin's profile, and was even
able to copy it over). But logging in under the Limited account
was just like a new account, with no Quick Launch icons or fave
settings carried over. It was such an ordeal that I'm over it.

What I will do instead is a clean re-install of XP this weekend
and set up the Limited "User" account from scratch this time!

changing outlook today view
my Change outlook today view button is no longer functional after sp3 install. This is true for 4 other computers in office. Anyone else experience this? >-----Original Message----- >my Change outlook today view button is no longer >functional after sp3 install. This is true for 4 other >computers in office. Anyone else experience this? >. >Yes, see my post "Cusatomize Outlook Today". I have experienced the same problem. I am still waiting on a response from someone. "JD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0b4f...

want questions

restrict excel export to some users
hello, we would like to allow the excel export only to some of our reporting service users. i know that we can switch off excel export in the ssrs instance, but then nobody can export report data to excel. we would like to allow one usergroup can export to excel, other groups not. how can i realize this? any howto´s, ideas or workarrounds? thanks andreas -- mfg andreas I am not aware of any way to do this unless you write your own front end instead of using Report Manager. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "AnRa" <...

I want more!

Problems changing x-axis with large data sets
I have relatively large data sets (for example 8 sets of 1500 x/y-values) that I want to plot in one chart. So far all is fine. But if I want to change the x-axis scale (to show the curves better, for example from 0-100 to 20-40), everything becomes very slow. Just to mark one curve or try to move the chart within the sheet can take one minute! If I do the same i Excel 2003, there is no delay or problem. Is there a simple solution, or do I have to stick with old Excel? Excel 2007 is a notoriously poor charting performer, particularly if you customize the scale of an axis. Excel 2007 SP...

Changing the order of a chart legend
I have a stacked column chart and would like to reverse the order of the items in th legend table (my aim is to place the legend on the right hand side of the chart so that the key lines up along side the appropriate point in the stack). ...

how to change word document to powerpoint with animation
how to change word documentto power point with animation Well! I can not really see how you would use Publisher. But you could cut and paste I suppose, but as Word wont have any animation I guess you will have to do that yourself. John G. "NyceT" <NyceT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B37BD9F0-0DF9-46C1-8733-89F2074E046B@microsoft.com... > how to change word documentto power point with animation ...

Change #N/A
I am using Vlookup in a number of Cells and reporting #N/A when a match is not found. I would like to use an "if" statement to move to the next level of vlookup. Example Vlookup A returns a value of ABC in "C3" and an #N/A in "C4" I would like to Set "D3 " and "D4" with a statement like IF c3=#N/A Vlookup x,y,z else vlookup a,b,c. I can do it with "N/A" however not with "#N/A" Any sugestions? Hi Try something like IF(ISNA(x,y,z), (a,b,c)). You might have a look at the IS Functions in Help. regards Hans >-----Ori...

Font style keeps changing when clicking on the Copies per Sheet to
In MS Publisher 2003 my font/color style keeps changing on my business card layout when I change the option: "Copies per Sheet" tool from "One" to "Multiple". I also lose the font/color style when I open the business card file from "My Recent Documents" from the Start Menu in XP Home. Here I have attached two screenshot pictures that illustrate my problem. The picture named "Good" indicates that it is in "Multiple: mode and my colors and font style are perfect. And the picture named "Bad" indicates that as soon as I cha...

how to change list view item's height?
I want to change class CListCtrl 's feature. My requirements include: 1. checkboxs support 2. itme icon support 2. item height can be update. 3. different items has different height 4. the item's subitem can display in more lines just like this O subitem1 subitem2 subitem3 ----- subitem1 iocn| subitem2 ------ subitem3 ...... Take a look at this one and see if it can at least help you get started. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ReportProject.asp Tom "tather" <tather@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177746886.550952....

Text want wrap in text box

Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution. I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine. How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft? Thank you. Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change...

Time Change
Since the daylight saving time change. We are having trouble with users calender appointments being 1 hour off. We are using Exchange 5.5/Outlook 2000. In Outlook we had them check the box indicating adjustment for daylight saving time. After 2 days the time changed back an hour again. This seems to be only happening with our XP users only. Any ideas what is causing this. Thanks in advance. What patch level is Office XP at? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to...

user in multiple business units
hello, Is it possible in some way (not standard) to put a user in multiple business units? Is there a MS CRM add on that allows you to change the security principals? thank you in advance There is no way to add a user to multiple business units (the CRM security model depends on the fact that a user belongs to just one business unit). What security principals do you want to change ? The only supported (or useful) programmatic change is to share records -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "missupport&q...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Eliminating duplicate emails in a users account
I have a user that ended up with a large number of duplicate emails. What is the best way to fix this problem. ...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Users
How can Money 2003 be set up to allow two distinct sets of accounts....ie. MY bank and investments and HER bank and investments???? Thanks.... Dick Create a second file (File > New) - rename the original as His File and the new one as Her File or vice-versa. Setup desktop shortcuts pointing to the relevant files as Money remembers the last file opened if you don't do that. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Margie and Richard" <...

Changing data types
I am trying to use ODBC to query an Excel spreadsheet. The ODBC driver looks at the first 8 rows in each column to determine the datatype. I have mixed numbers and text, but the driver thinks the column is numeric. As a result, text entries are not returned. My solution is to change the format of the cells to Text. This works, but I have to reenter each numeric value in order for Excel to see them as Text. Is there a quick shortcut for reentering text in selected cells? Thank you very much. Rick Quatro Once you have imported the data, check that the format in these cells is not set to Text...

How to do I change text to caps.
Hello, I have a column with names in it. The names are in lower case. I wan to change all letter in the name to capital letters. How can I do thi without having to type all the names again. Thank you for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming your names are in column A, in column B, use: =UPPER(A1) You can also capitalize only the first letter of each word by using: =PROPER(A1) HTH -- Michael J. Malinsky Pittsburgh, PA "I am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me." -- AA Milne, Winnie the Pooh "EVRPAGING >" ...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Customized Changes to Toolbars
How do you load a customized toolbar? I do know that when you make changes to a toolbar it saves it as the file excel.xlb, but I don't know how to get it back into excel. Thanks. gall Manual customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in a file named *.XLB XL2000 and 2002 *.xlb file will be in Documents and Settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\Excel and be Excel9.xlb or Excel10.xlb Excel 97 in C:\Windows and named username.XLB Excel 2003 same as 2000 and 2002 and named Excel11.XLB Perhaps this file is going astray? If on a server, this can happen. Also if on a serve...

Change field type to lookup column
Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup from a table without losing all the previously input data? -- savannah Do not change the field in the table but in your form use a list box. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "savannah" wrote: > Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup > from a table without losing all the previously input data? > -- > savannah Thanks Karl. However, forms are not being used at this time. Data is entered directly on the form. I do understand that this f...