Trouble Opening WMV File

Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and
have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel as
the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV program and
pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid Win32
Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have the
program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every time. Do
I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.

0
Abradaxis

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and
> have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel
> as the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV
> program and pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid
> Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have
> the program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every
> time. Do I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for
> any help.

Right click any WMV file and use "Open with ..." to set standard file
association.

Bernd
0
Bernd
4/14/2010 10:11:54 PM
Tried it many times. It will try to open with WINDVD, but give the error
"...not a valid win32 program." As I mentioned earlier, it will open if I
launch WINDVD, have WINDVD point to it, and select play. The WMV file is
associated with Intervideo WINDVD in the file types under the folder
option in control panel. I have a problem somewhere.
"Bernd" <fake@gmx.de> wrote in message

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and
>> have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel
>> as the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV
>> program and pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid
>> Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have
>> the program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every
>> time. Do I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for
>> any help.
>
> Right click any WMV file and use "Open with ..." to set standard file
> association.
>
> Bernd

0
Abradaxis
4/15/2010 12:24:12 AM
Abradaxis wrote:
> Tried it many times. It will try to open with WINDVD, but give the
> error "...not a valid win32 program." As I mentioned earlier, it will
> open if I launch WINDVD, have WINDVD point to it, and select play.
> The WMV file is associated with Intervideo WINDVD in the file types
> under the folder option in control panel. I have a problem somewhere.
===========================
Have you tried to open the .wmv files
with Windows Media Player?

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
John
4/15/2010 4:02:57 AM
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Also available via the Consumer Security Support home page:

Otherwise...

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
.. http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
.. http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
.. http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
.. http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

Abradaxis wrote:
> Tried it many times. It will try to open with WINDVD, but give the error
> "...not a valid win32 program." As I mentioned earlier, it will open if I
> launch WINDVD, have WINDVD point to it, and select play. The WMV file is
> associated with Intervideo WINDVD in the file types under the folder
> option in control panel. I have a problem somewhere.
>
>> Right click any WMV file and use "Open with ..." to set standard file
>> association.
>>
>>> Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and
>>> have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel
>>> as the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV
>>> program and pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid
>>> Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have
>>> the program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every
>>> time. Do I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for
>>> any help.

0
PA
4/15/2010 6:32:04 AM
The file opens and plays with Windows Media Player.
"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.zyx> wrote in message
> Abradaxis wrote:
>> Tried it many times. It will try to open with WINDVD, but give the
>> error "...not a valid win32 program." As I mentioned earlier, it will
>> open if I launch WINDVD, have WINDVD point to it, and select play.
>> The WMV file is associated with Intervideo WINDVD in the file types
>> under the folder option in control panel. I have a problem somewhere.
> ===========================
> Have you tried to open the .wmv files
> with Windows Media Player?
>
> --
>
>      J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
>            Notice
> This is not tech support
>      I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Abradaxis
4/15/2010 5:11:49 PM
See replies interspersed with your comments. Thanks again for the help.
> There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a
> hijackware infection!
>
> NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription
> had expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your
> subscription has since expired and/or the machine's not been kept
> fully-patched at Windows Update, don't waste your time with any of the
> below: Format & reinstall Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!
Have always maintained Norton at the latest level, without any lapse. I'm
on auto update for all patches from Microsoft to Windows. This is a very
localized problem I'm having, with one application only, and then in
certain instances. It comes nowhere near the level of reinstalling
Windows. I'm hoping for a more limited suggestion to fix the problem.

> Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
> dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including
> unwanted software), and adware.
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1
>
> Also available via the Consumer Security Support home page:
> https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/
>
> Otherwise...
I've used them before, and am not so independent that I would not use them
again. But I think the problem is too limited for them to classify this as
a malware problem.  Also, they would almost definitely ask me to run
Adaware first, and I've already done this with no errors reported, leading
me to believe this is a system problem, not a malware problem. I'll try
your next solution and let you know what I find out. Thanks for staying
with me to find a solution,

> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx
>
> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the
> MSRT on a non-infected machine, then transfer MRT.EXE to the infected
> machine and rename it to SCAN.EXE before running it.
>
> 2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan
> (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>
> 2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm
>
> 3. Now run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting requested
> logs in an appropriate forum, not here. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
> . http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> . http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
> . http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> . http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware
>
> **Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5,
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup,
> http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>
> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in
> admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local,
> reputable and independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad)
> computer repair shop.
>
> Abradaxis wrote:
>> Tried it many times. It will try to open with WINDVD, but give the
>> error
>> "...not a valid win32 program." As I mentioned earlier, it will open if
>> launch WINDVD, have WINDVD point to it, and select play. The WMV file
>> is
>> associated with Intervideo WINDVD in the file types under the folder
>> option in control panel. I have a problem somewhere.
>>
>>> Right click any WMV file and use "Open with ..." to set standard file
>>> association.

0
Abradaxis
4/15/2010 5:20:29 PM
In news:ePtElrB3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Abradaxis <jsindler@career-objectives.com> typed:
> Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8
> installed, and have this as my program of choice in the
> Folders entry in control panel as the program to always
> open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV program and pick
> play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid
> Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD
> 8, and have the program point to the file, it opens and
> plays it perfectly every time. Do I have an error in my
> system somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.

Is this something new because you just installed that program?
Or was it working and then stopped working all of a sudden?

If it's a new install it could be anything from corruption
(try a reinstall) to a codec being corrupted or missing that
it needs.  I wouldn't expect that error message in this case,
but error messages are famous for not describing things
properly.

What program gives you the error message and won't play the
WMVs?  All you talked about is winDVD8.

Or are you saying that by using winDVD8 to open a program it
works but if you click on the wmv it won't work?
   If that's the case, then I'd check the File Association
entries to see that the actions in it are correct. Make sure
it says to "play", etc. etc..

That's a strange error message but if it'll play in other
ways, it's obviously a misleading message; not unusual.

Please include versions and all program names if there is more
than winDVD8 here.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne
4/15/2010 9:31:54 PM
See responses after your questions. And thanks for the help.
"Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In news:ePtElrB3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
> Abradaxis <jsindler@career-objectives.com> typed:
>> Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8
>> installed, and have this as my program of choice in the
>> Folders entry in control panel as the program to always
>> open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV program and pick
>> play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid
>> Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD
>> 8, and have the program point to the file, it opens and
>> plays it perfectly every time. Do I have an error in my
>> system somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Is this something new because you just installed that program?
Yes. I just installed the program and just started getting the error
message.
> Or was it working and then stopped working all of a sudden?
>
> If it's a new install it could be anything from corruption (try a
> reinstall) to a codec being corrupted or missing that it needs.  I
> wouldn't expect that error message in this case, but error messages are
> famous for not describing things properly.
I certainly will try a reinstall.

> What program gives you the error message and won't play the WMVs?  All
> you talked about is winDVD8.
I am talking about an older program (older because the publisher keeps on
updating it with more and more mostly useless add-ons. It used to be
WINDVD by Intervideo. I had version 5 for playing videos, and it worked
fine, but not in high-def. So I upgraded to Version 8 (they're now on
version 10 or 11). It's now ownded by Corel. But the basic nature of the
program is just to play videos (commercial), or WMV files.

> Or are you saying that by using winDVD8 to open a program it works but
> if you click on the wmv it won't work?
>   If that's the case, then I'd check the File Association entries to see
> that the actions in it are correct. Make sure it says to "play", etc.
> etc..
The file associations are fine. WMV files are associated with and to be
opened by Intervideo WINDVD Version 8 files. If I have a AWMV file on my
desktop (let us say), and I point to it and say open with AWINDVD or Play,
it gives me the error message not a valid win32 file. But if I launch
WINDVD, use the program to point to my desktop and the WMV file I want to
play, it opens the file and plays it fine. Which is why I don't think I
have a malware issue. I hope I made myself clear.

> That's a strange error message but if it'll play in other ways, it's
> obviously a misleading message; not unusual.
It absolutely will play using the program to launch the file, not by
clicking on it, even though WMV files are meand to be opened by just this
program.

> Please include versions and all program names if there is more than
> winDVD8 here.
It is called Intervideo WINDVD 8, and distributed by Corel.
Again, thanks for the help. It is now just a bother, but it bugs me that
it does not work correctly. Your suggestions much appreciated.

> HTH,
>
> Twayne`

0
Abradaxis
4/16/2010 12:38:08 AM
Okay, ran MSRT as instructed. No errors or any kind. Then ran Windows Live
Safety Center's Protection scan in Safe Mode with networking. Again,
absolutely no errors. I value your opinion (I've gotten a lot of good
advice from you!) , but do you really think that I should proceed with
checking for hijackware, as you suggested in step 3 is warranted, or are
there less drastic steps I could try first. I'm not intimidated by the
process, it just seems misplaced in this instance. Your help much
appreciated.
"Abradaxis" <jsindler@career-objectives.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup,
>> http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>>
>> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in
>> admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local,
>> reputable and independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad)
>> computer repair shop.
>>
>> Abradaxis wrote:
>>> Tried it many times. It will try to open with WINDVD, but give the
>>> error
>>> "...not a valid win32 program." As I mentioned earlier, it will open
>>> if I
>>> launch WINDVD, have WINDVD point to it, and select play. The WMV file
>>> is
>>> associated with Intervideo WINDVD in the file types under the folder
>>> option in control panel. I have a problem somewhere.

0
Abradaxis
4/16/2010 12:42:31 AM
There's a very good reason my instructions for #3 said "DO NOT SKIP THIS
STEP!!"

Abradaxis wrote:
> [...]
>>> logs in an appropriate forum, not here. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!
>>>
>>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
>>> . http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>>> . http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
>>> . http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
>>> . http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware
>>>
>>> **Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
>>> http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
>>> http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5,
>>> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup,
>>> http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
>>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>>>
>>> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in
>>> admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local,
>>> reputable and independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad)

0
PA

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Detecting Shift key when form is opened
What is the best way to tell if the Shift key is held down when a form is opened? The form is being opened from a toolbar. I don't want to react to the Shift key's being pressed after the form is opened. I only want to react if the Shift key was being held down when the toolbar option was clicked. Also, is there a way to do this for reports? Thanks in advance. James ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

xml file attachment will not open
i can not open an xml file attachment to a mail message. it started to fail after installing a critical update. ...

macro-import another xls file
Hi, i need a macro to import another xls file.When i run macro i need a window to appear and to browse to the file i need to import. I allways open another file, so i want to browse for the file. Can this be done? Thanks! Try some code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FName As Variant Dim Filter As String ' Excel 2003 workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls" ' Excel 2007 workbooks workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb" ' Excel 2003 and 2007 Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

Problem with "att-1.unk" file
I use MS Outlook 2000 SR1 (9.0.0.3821). When receiving e-mail with attached file (extention doesn't matter) from one of my partners I always see this file as "att-1.unk" file. He uses MS Outlook too. This "att-1.unk" may be "stripped" of additional header using programs designed for "winmail.dat" files (for instance tnef.exe). I verified, that my partner used "Plain text", not "Rich text formant" when sending his e-mails. I received the same "att-1.unk" file when I tried to use Outlook Express instead of MS Outlook. Its...

M03-WinXP -- Is .MNY file size an issue?
In early 2003 I experienced file corruption problems and an MS support rep helped me to run the salvage program on my .mny file. He told me that my problem resulted from the .mny file's growing too large. It was about 4 meg, which he said was too big. He recommended that I archive every year. I just looked at my file. Haven't archived since the beginning of 2003, so I archived. The .mny file only shrunk from 3.9 to 3.5 meg. Started to look here and read the FAQ page. I see tht some of you recommend against archiving, so I renamed the archive file back to my primary name...

Excel 2007 files not opening properly..
I have Office 2007 installed.. the one that doesn't come with Outlook. So, I'm still using Outlook 2003. When I double click an XLS file to open it, Excel opens and the file never opens. I have to goto FILE, OPEN, then hit CANCEL and the file will display. This only happens for Excel. Word 2007 works fine. I have tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, but it did not fix the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? We have Office 2007 on a few computers and I'm the only one with this problem. I found a fix for the problem, which seemed to...

file has grown
i have an excel 97 file which has suddenly grown from about 800K to nearly 4MB, i don't know why. it is a faily simple file, no formulas, just a big sortable, filterable list really. this is making it cumbersome to use across our WAN. i wonder if it has something to do with recently including a lot of comments? any help to reduce it's size would be appreciated. You may need to look at your files "Used Range." This is the area of each sheet that you have been into, and therefore Excel has to remember the whole sheet, rather than the section you use. I had a file that w...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

export and open an excel file from access
dear friends can any one please help me one more thing please for which im looking over whole news group! (1) i want to export many querys to excel using outputto method ofcourse its doing the job but its creating an new work sheet for every query how to put all data into one work sheet (2) or else open an excel file in mydocuments / orelse anywhere and import all the necessary table and do canculations but (A) by this method how to use date criteria for importing data from tables (b) how to access such excel files which will be in the my documents folder on click event and come...

Excel 2000 not remembering recent files
My "recent" files list is not being updated when I open a spreadsheet by double clicking on the sheet directly. Is there a setting to change this? Thanks, Mark If I recall correctly, xl2002 was the first version to automatically update the most recently used file list by double clicking on the file in windows explorer. I don't think xl2k does this. But if it's really important to you, Dana DeLouis posted some VBA code that could it: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uryAXpVCCHA.1560%40tkmsftngp02 Mark Durrenberger wrote: > > My "recent" files l...

ASX file
I received a message with an attached .asx file. None of the programs I have seems to open it. Please advise what program available for a Mac will open the file. thank you <wgempp@netsense.net> wrote in message news:1109872332.063810.105220@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I received a message with an attached .asx file. None of the programs > I have seems to open it. Please advise what program available for a > Mac will open the file. > > thank you > It is a Windows Media file. Depending on the encoding, you can open it with Windows Media Player for the Ma...

Open filtered report
TIA: Access 2007. I have a 'summary' report grouped by [request date], no detailed section. The field in the report design for the group is [request date by day]. I'm trying to be able to double click on a group date in the report and open another report with detailed info based on the group date double clicked on in the summary report. I tried on dbl click: dim rd as date rd=me.[request date by day] 'set date value = group date docmd.openreport "detail", acPreview, "[request date by day]=" & rd the "detail" report open...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

Can I open a spreadsheet If I don't have excel
My friend sent me a spreadsheet....but I dont have excel. How can I open it. thanks sincerely, Dottie Hi Dorothy, If you do not have Excel, you can download an Excel viewer from Microsoft. The viewer will allow you to read but not edit a workbook.The viewer is freely downloadable from: http://tinyurl.com/54tzl Another possibility would be to download the freely available OpenOffice suite which can read and write Excel workbooks. The download is > 60MB (IIRC), but the suite can also be obtained on CD. For OpenOffice go to: http://www.openoffice.org/ A third ...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Opening attachments 01-28-10
When I open email attachments a popup window appears labeled "Opening Mail Attachment" and has the options to "open", "save" and "cancel". There is a check mark in the box "Always ask before opening this type of file" but I am unable to uncheck the box. How do I stop this window from appearing? Sounds like you are running either Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Right click on the Outlook shortcut in the Start Menu and choose Run as Administrator. Make the change and then start Outlook normally again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...

Refresh on Open
Can i get a worksheet to refresh after a set amount of time or as i opens. or both advice please Cheers Andy i have also posted this on 'also posted here (http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7612 ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sorted used this link to complete http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7612 thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and pos...

What is best way to read binary file into string?
Hi all, I am now building a routine that reads a small (no larger than 100 bytes) binary file and saves the contents in a string. The file can contain characters anywhere in the 0 - 255 ASCII range. After looking at MSDN Lib. and on the 'net I found a few approaches to this problem. I selected one; the resulting code: Dim strBuf As String = "" Dim i As Int32 'Check to see if file exists. If System.IO.File.Exists(strFile) Then 'File exists. Read it. Dim fs As New System.IO.FileStream(strFile, System.IO.FileMode.Open) ...

Trouble with "time" in formulas
I have a time sheet that looks something like this: A1=time...A2=time...A3=A2-A1+if(A1/24,1)...A4=if(or(A3<time(0,15,0),A3>time(4,0,0)),A3,time(4,0,0)) A1 and A2 are set up as dropdown lists and the times in the list are i increments of 15 minutes. WHat I'm trying to accomplish is (in cell A4 if A3 is between 15 minutes and 4 hours, then return 4 hours. if A3 i 0 or greater than 4 hours, return A3. If I enter enter times in A1 around 00:00 and A2 a little after 00:0 it works fine... example: A1=22:00...A2=01:00...A3=03:00...A4=04:00 A1=20:30...A2=00:15...A3=03:45...A4=04:00 A1=00...

converting .ics file to Publisher
I am trying to convert my internet calendar into a Publisher document. How can I make that conversion? Copy/paste? Print screen and insert as an image? Any particular reason why you cannot use Publisher's calendars? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RevJon" <RevJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:466AFEDD-B315-4DEE-A05B-29D3C8D345D8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to convert my internet calendar into a Publisher document. How > can I make that conversion? I tried the c...

saving file as text(tab delimited)...
Hi, I use Excel 2003. For example I write test;test1 in A1 and save as the file text(tab delimited)(*.txt). I open the saved file, it write "test;test1". If a cell contains semicolon between text, after saving file as text(tab delimited)(*.txt), it places quotation marks. Why it puts quotation marks? And how can I configure excel not put quotation marks? Note: Replacing quotation marks in saved text file is not a solution for me. Thanks and best regards. Sevgi. I think it's because your windows list separator is a semicolon. I put test;test in A1 (and have a comma as my ...