I have a XP system that the toolbar does not show open programs, services do
not seem to load at boot, the date is off by one month, I cannot paste
anything that I copy, and system restore does not work.  All of these issues
started at the same time a few days ago.  Has anyone else seen this group of
errors?  I am trying to resolve and do not know if it is a system update
gone bad, or if maybe it is a viruse/malware issue.  Please let me know if
you had had these problems together and what you did to fix them.

0
SBS

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Also available via...

Consumer Security Support home page

Otherwise...

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
.. http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
.. http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
.. http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
.. http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

SBS user wrote:
> I have a XP system that the toolbar does not show open programs, services
> do
> not seem to load at boot, the date is off by one month, I cannot paste
> anything that I copy, and system restore does not work.  All of these
> issues
> started at the same time a few days ago.  Has anyone else seen this group
> of
> errors?  I am trying to resolve and do not know if it is a system update
> gone bad, or if maybe it is a viruse/malware issue.  Please let me know if
> you had had these problems together and what you did to fix them.

0
PA

Outlook 2002 Toolbars
With the recent upgrade to Office XP and Outlook 2002 with SP 2, when I open an attachment that is a Word or Excel file, the reviewing tool bar appears with the application. It stays with the application after I close the attachment. I do not use the tool bar and it is annoying to have it pop up all the time. I use Word as my email editor and would like to find a way to prevent the review tool bar from appearing without my selecting it. I have searched knowledge base and help and have not read anything that is of use. ...

Document date not defaulting to user date
The document date on sales orders and invoices randomly defaults to a date other than the user/system date. The date could be from last week or even a date in a closed period. Why is this happening? It could be the Data Entry Defaults setting in the SOP setup window. The default is set to 'previous document date'. You may want to change it to User Date. Go to Tools > Setup > Sales > Sales Order Processing and look in the lower left hand corner of the setup window. "Jocelyn" wrote: > The document date on sales orders and invoices randomly defaults to a...

800c0148 error
Hello I am got new Toshiba notebook with Vista Home Premium and when I browse local provider news server i often get 800c0148 error and after that Windows Mail not work properly. No news messages, no mail folders and the not enought memory error there are. I get good working program only after manualy kill WinMail process in task manager. WinMail 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205) Please help. Thank you. "������" <hazehog@gmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:F721D31C-0EC2-442A-9FD5-6972A2A7C8AA@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am got new ...

Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages.
Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. My email has been working just fine until today. I can't think of anything I've done to create a problem. I'm using WindowsXP-pro-sp2; Outlook 2003, and Norton AntiVirus 2005. The same problem just started in Outlook Express as well. Was on the phone with Charter for over two hours removing email accounts and then adding them from scratch. I've been trying for hours and hours fix this to no avail--the error message keeps coming up and I'm expecting some very important email. The error messages will ...

Reviewing Toolbar #6
Opens in floating mode with every excel spreadsheet customer receives as Outlook attachment. I docked the toolbar, but he wants it to go away until he opens it. It won't. How to do this? If the workbook is sent as an attachment to Outlook then File, Properties are automatically added which will make the Reviewing toolbar appear when the workbook is opened in Excel. I don't know of a way to stop this. However, once you open the workbook in Excel you can remove these properties and save the workbook. After that it will no longer cause the reviewing toolbar to appear. Here&#...

LDAP time out error #2
All our pc's have suddenly started giving the error " Search request to the LDAP directory server has timed out (85)". This happens whenever we put in a partial address and use the directory to find the correct (internal) address. This is using an Inty e-mail server/firewall box connected to a win 2000 network, with XP pro clients and office 2002. When I connect a pc to the inty box directly (ie straight into its network card) it's fine, it's only when I go via the network it hangs. There is no excessive network traffic, so are there any setings on the servers...

Works Calandar
Help! I don't know how this discussion group works. I have clicked on all the links for Microsoft Works but never see "works" in the index to choose from for discussions. I am having trouble with printing the calandar all of a sudden. It says to wait while it sets up calandar for printing and never goes away. I saw the download for this problem, however it was in 2002, but I went ahead and downloaded it, but it has not resolved the problem. I did recently install the windows upate for explorer 7. Can anyone help me or direct me to where I need to go? My email addre...

Days in Text to Dates SPECIAL
Through great effort, I have sorted and averaged the patient demand for appointments over the last three years. For instance, now I know how many patients to expect on the "3rd Tuesday in November". Is there a way to tell MS Excel to present to me the date in FY10 which corresponds to the concept "3rd Tuesday in November"? DOUG ECKERT in WICHITA KS PS, I have resorted to filtering a list of dates and a list of "X DAYS OF THE YEAR WITH X AMOUNT OF DEMAND ON THIS DATE" and pasting the actual dates to the corresponding rows where I need them one-by-on...

Scanpst.exe log errors
Hi, I've got a log file from Scanpst.exe for a .pst file. Can anyone tell me what these errors mean? Microsoft (R) Inbox Repair Tool Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1995-1996. All rights reserved. **Beginning NDB recovery **Attempting to open database **Attempting to validate header **Attempting to validate AMap !!AMap page @87122944: CRC mismatch (read 79EBB518, computed 5CCF1299) !!AMap page @116073472: CRC mismatch (read 441A4402, computed E4EF8CAA) !!Computed cbAMapFree of 4321472, but header has 4333184 **Attempting to validate BBT **Attempting to v...

Updating Quotes does not work all the time
I'm using Money 2004 Premium and find that Updating Quotes does not change the portfolio value to reflect new prices. Haven't changed my hardware, software and networking environment except downloaded XP/IE security patch from Microsoft last week. Additionally, it takes a long time for the call to complete, if I cancel the update the program appears to hang and I have to kill the task. MS Support suggested I delete the temporary Internet files and cookies, which I did ... however the problem persists. Any suggestions? I have the same issue with Mutual funds. Some update and...

concatenate with dates
i want to make a sentance from various cells but the date comes out as a serial number rather than the dd/mm/yy format I would like. any ideas? Use: ="Date is "&TEXT(A1,"dd mmm yyyy") where cell A1 contains the date Mangesh -- mangesh_yadav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10470 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378011 =A1&B1&C1&TEXT(D1,"mm/dd/yyyy") The formatting within t...

Error installing Rollup Patch 8 German
I tried to install the Rollup Patch 8. But i get the Error: "Ein ungültiger Längenparameter wurde an die LEFT- oder SUBSTRING-Funktion übergeben. Der Wert NULL kann in die 'InvoiceNumber'-Spalte, 'TESTRENKTESTSYSTEM_MSCRM.dbo.InvoiceBase'-Tabelle nicht eingefügt werden. Die Spalte lässt NULL-Werte nicht zu. Fehler bei UPDATE." Does anyone have similar problems? Just to let you know, i have a very similar problem, but no solution yet. I get: "InstallerException: Der Wert NULL kann in die 'InvoiceNumber'-Spalte, 'DB_MSCRM...

Event ID: 1105 Replication Error
We are having a problem replicating our Exchange 5.5/W2K server within the site. Supposedly, we've installed SP4 to fix it before, but then it doesn't work again later. Any ideas? Rick Kalifa. Hi Rick, Can you please provide more information? What specifically is not replicating as expected (user mailboxes, public folders)? Are you in Exchange mixed mode (with E2k servers) or is it 5.5 only? Lynne Williams Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

toolbar from a bitmap
I am trying to make the toolbar for my view from a bitmap of the toolbar button images. So here is what I do after ... pToolBar.CreateEx(this, TBSTYLE_FLAT, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_TOP| CBRS_GRIPPER | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBRS_FLYBY | CBRS_SIZE_DYNAMIC) pToolBar.SetButtons(queue_bar, sizeof(queue_bar)/sizeof(UINT)); pToolBar.SetSizes(CSize(127,33), CSize(120,27)); The problem is that the buttons always show up as black - not showing the image from the toolbar bitmap. Any ideas why this happens? P.S. Working with VS2005, MFC, native C++. Thanks. I forgot to add: pToolBar.LoadBitma...

System Administrator
I'm trying to alter a role in CRM and I get the following error message: ============ Insufficient Permissions The logged on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action. For more information, contact your system administrator. ============ My logon has the System Administrator role, and the System Administrator has every privilege. I looked at the event viewer and saw this: ============ MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040220. Error Message: Exception from HRESUL...

how do I show text on quick access toolbar
Using MS Office 2007. I would l ike to show text instead of icons on the quick access toolbar. On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:00:05 -0800, Mothomas <Mothomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using MS Office 2007. I would l ike to show text instead of icons on the >quick access toolbar. Sorry, Microsoft has not made that possible. Maybe you could instead customize the ribbon. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the...

Restore mailbox?
Hi, I have a slight problem with a mailbox. We had a user called "Support email" with an exchange mailbox of the same name and the email address support@company.com. 'Somebody' removed the user account and created one called "Support" with the mailbox support and the email address support@company.com. I believe this one done because they simply didn't like the word email after the mailbox name! :( I need to access the emails from the original mailbox, I can see the old mailbox in the list of Mailboxes under my server - is there any way I can get to it from h...

Setup for New Merchant Processing Service
RMS V1.2; I'm changing from Citibank Merchant Processing to Chase Paymentech. For some reason, in the EDC Config window, Preferred Provider is missing from the drop-down list. It only lists Citibank, PC Charge, IC Verify, Atomic, and WT1. Is there a way to add Chase Paymentech to that field? I have new merchant number, etc. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01C826B5.95CA0540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Cappi, That's because you are using 1.2. Newer versions of RMS ren...

CreateSalesItem Web Service
Hi All, I created an sales item called ITEM0001 using CreateSalesItem in GP Web Services. All fields created successfully except Sales Tax Option and Purchase Tax Option were not created because I don't how to get them. If you guys have any ideas, please let me know. However, alternative way, I am using SQL Query as below: Update IV00101 set taxoptns = 3, purchase_tax_options = 2 WHERE itemnmbr = 'ITEM0001' After running this update Sales Tax Option and Purchase Tax Option are showing up information as I expect. My question is if I using SQL Query to update, will it be ...

Problem with query dates
Hi My records date range in the database is Betwene 20/05/20010 and 22/05/20010 . When my dateObject has a date of 24/05/2010 00:00:00, is shown me all the records less than this date, OK. But if I change the month, this date to 24/04/2010 00:00:00 shows the same records. That is even if I change the month the records that appear are always less than the 24 days without following month. There lies my problem. Note: My date style is dd-mm-yyyy and time is hh: mm: ss I really need to fix this.Seabra Dim Q1, SQL As String Dim DateTime1 As Date Dim ConnString As S...

Can I have the value of cell entered into another cell on a particular date?
Can I have the value of cell entered into another cell on a particula date? Here is the problem. I have a spreadsheet to record the dues payment in a club. As members pay their monthly dues I enter it in th appropriate cell on the spreadsheet. In another cell I keep th running total for the year. Let's say the running total is in cell B25 Is it possible to have the value of cell B25 be entered into anothe cell (say F26) on a particular date? The value of cell B25 woul continue to change as I enter more data but the value of cell F2 continues to show the value that was in B25 on the p...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Some buttons on Toolbar are greyed out
Some random buttons on my toolbar (MS-Word 2007) are greyed out--namely, the highlighter button and the select justification buttons. I have no trouble using these functions in the ribbon menu, just the toolbar buttons. Any ideas would be welcome. Never mind. I see, now, that the buttons I added to my toolbar (justification, highlighter) were, in fact, buttons for use in some function called Word Art (whatever that is) but when I eventually hunted down the correct buttons for use in just regular text editing and put them on the toolbar, they work fine. I assume that t...

Lookup is TOTALLY not working...
I have one sheet that has many columns and is basically a mess (but that's another story). The people using it update values in 2 of the columns, and then HAND ENTER the same data into another worksheet in another workbook. So I say, "that's ridiculous, there's gotta be a way to do this better." However, a complicating factor is that columns are constantly being added in the original worksheet. OK, so I'll use absolute references, which still update the column as it moves. No good, though, because sometimes they Data-->Sort the first worksheet also. SO, ...

MM 2004-when I-net services expire?
Hi! Know that MM 2005 got warning that Internet services will expire in 2007. How about MM 2004, anything about beeing obsolete in 2006 or so? TIA Yes to both. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "compitus" <compitus@cwnet.com> wrote in message news:11ff63...