I have a XP system that the toolbar does not show open programs, services do
not seem to load at boot, the date is off by one month, I cannot paste
anything that I copy, and system restore does not work.  All of these issues
started at the same time a few days ago.  Has anyone else seen this group of
errors?  I am trying to resolve and do not know if it is a system update
gone bad, or if maybe it is a viruse/malware issue.  Please let me know if
you had had these problems together and what you did to fix them.

0
SBS

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Also available via...

Consumer Security Support home page

Otherwise...

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
.. http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
.. http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
.. http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
.. http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

SBS user wrote:
> I have a XP system that the toolbar does not show open programs, services
> do
> not seem to load at boot, the date is off by one month, I cannot paste
> anything that I copy, and system restore does not work.  All of these
> issues
> started at the same time a few days ago.  Has anyone else seen this group
> of
> errors?  I am trying to resolve and do not know if it is a system update
> gone bad, or if maybe it is a viruse/malware issue.  Please let me know if
> you had had these problems together and what you did to fix them.

0
PA

Calling a stateful web service
Hi, I need to call a stateful JAVA web service in .NET. Anyone know how it's done? Thanks __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4627 (20091121) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com for WS-Address support see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc540766.aspx or you use the WCF 4.0 beta. it has a discovery service that supports WS-Address. -- bruce (sqlwork.com) Pavel Yosifovich wrote: > Hi, > > I need to call a stateful JAVA web servic...

Rules Error #4
Using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2000 and one of the users receives the following error each time he opens Outlook: "Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action - Movecopy, Unable to create dest message" This message appears to mean that there is an invalid rule setup but I have deleted all rules in Outlook and still receive this message??? ...

The services for exchange server stop automatically---Urgently
We use SBS2003, but today the services for email system, such as POP3, SMTP stop automatically. Even I restart these services, 2 mins later the services stop again. But I check the Event View, and could not find any error message. Does someone here help me to fix this issue? On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:18:00 -0800, Michael Tang <MichaelTang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use SBS2003, but today the services for email system, such as POP3, SMTP >stop automatically. Even I restart these services, 2 mins later the services >stop again. But I check the Event View, and could ...

Error: The query cannot be completed
My Access2007 db contains 3 tables with a total of just under 5 million records TBL1: 2,631,933 TBL2: 1,168,989 TBL3: 1,159,542 TOTAL: 4,960,464 All tables are identical, with 10 fields each. The db size is 862MB. I'm running WinXPpro with 20gb free space. When I try to run a Union query to combine the 3 tables in a recordset, I receive the following error: "The query cannot be completed. Either the size of the query result is larger than the maximum size of a database (2GB), or there is not enough temporary storage space on the disk to store the query resul...

Difference betn 2 Dates
Can anyone tell me a formula to get the difference between 2 dates in Months for the following example Ex: 10/14/2005 ; 8/23/2010 Is there a formula to get the difference bet'n the above two in Months? Thanks Gary...It works "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Use DATEDIF() If your dates are in A1 and B1, then=DATEDIF(A1,B1,"M") > gives 58 months > -- > Gary''s Student > > > "John" wrote: > > > Can anyone tell me a formula to get the difference between 2 dates in Months > > for the following example > &...

Transaction Dates
Bill Gates just can't make it easier can he? Ever since my bank upgraded their software I am having the worst time with e-pay's & x-fers thru money. Can someone help me understand why? When I submit a payment via Money the program tells me it has to change the date because it can't be processed on that day. For example; Today I requested that 3k be transfered from my savings to my checking. In the past the transfer would go thru and there was no issue. Now I get a message that says my bank doesn't have enough time to do the transfer and the date must be modified ...

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Calculating hours elapsed when date/ time > 24 hours
I am trying to calcualte the time in hours and minutes between cells. The simple subtract function works when the dates are the same but I am having complications crossing the 24 hour mark. cell 1 cell 2 formula result 4/1/2009 09:55 4/2/2009 08:57 =cell 2 - cell 1 23:02 problem cell 1 cell 2 formula result 4/1/2009 09:55 4/2/2009 15:46 =cell 2 - cell 1 05:51 Can someone please help m...

runtime error after installing outlook 2000
after installing office 2000 premium, i get runtime error and it closes out. I can click back on and it usually works fine. what do i do to get rid of this error message. ...

contract line date 08-23-05
Hi, I use contract lines as different goals of a contract. So i would like to be able to add a workflow that checks when a contract line's end date is near. But you can't use workflows on contract lines, do you? What is the purpose then of the begin and end date of a contract line. you can't search them and can't put workflows on them. What can i do to work around this? Thank you ...

Pasting Error
Hello, I have been using the same MSP file for years to track jobs within our company. Recently I get an error when I try to copy and paste a task. It says: "A pasting error occureed on ID X in the column This is not a valid duration, or it is outside the range for this field Type a duration in the correct format: for example, 4 hours (or4h), 12 days (12d) or 2ed for elapsed days." I don't think I have changed anything but there was somebody else using it for a little while. What do you think this is and how can I sort it. Thanks, Ellen So what did y...

Displaying Date Saved
Is there any way to display the last date saved of a worksheet? In WORD if I create a header/footer and insert a field (SaveDate) it always updates to the value of the last date/time the file was saved.How can I do this in Excel? Hi Dave if you want to insert the last save date in your header/footer insert the following code in your workbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = Format(ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ ("Last...

Error code: 0x80244017
Dear All, we have a win 2003 sp1 machine and we got this code [Error number: 0x80244017] when we try to update windows from windowsupdate.microsoft.com web site. Any one of you could give me an help? Regards Alberto Brivio Alberto Obviously you will get that error code . Why is SP2 not installed ? Install SP2 and solve the issue at hand -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not...

Outlook connect to Exchange get name resolved error
Hi. Im using Microsoft Server 2003, I have created a new user and mail box and when i try to setup the email on the client computer i receive the error msg, "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list. " I have had a look around the users profile and i notice that they are not listed in the Global Address List. As far as i can tell when i run through the wizard and create a new user a mailbox has been created. Any ideas, pls help Thanks. Albert In news:Ot1VlDR0GHA.4392@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Albert Wang <albert_z...

Date and Time on X-Axis, Measurement on Y?
I have collected performance monitor data in .csv format. I can't seem to get any chart to display the date AND time at the bottom and the percent utilization as the line (using a line graph). Time series does not include minutes/seconds, but I want to show how utilization varies across a day or so. Best I can get is utilization as the line and just the row number on the x-axis. Is my goal possible? Thanks for any info. Dave K. Dave - In a line chart, you can only get resolution as fine as the day. Excel stores date-time data as a whole number for the day (the number of day...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

Error loading CRM in Outlook Client & IE thru VPN
For some odd reason, I can't seem to load CRM at all when I'm on the VPN. When I try to use the web client, it says the page cannot be displayed. And when I'm in Outlook, I get the following errors: 1.There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.The server might be unavailable. Try again later.If the problem persists,contact system administrator. 2. An error occured loading CRM functionality,try restarting outlook. Contact your system administrator if the problem persists. I'm on Outlook 2007 with the VC3 Desktop client, and my computer is a member o...

Check Link error: Unhandled Script Exception: Object has no refere
Hi, We run check link on PO module and encountered the following error "Unhandled Script Exception: Object has no reference. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM SCRIPT_CMD_DEFEF_TABLE". This error message keep on popup on the screen when we click on the OK button, end up we to terminate the check link process. Please advice. Cheers. ...

The Windows SBS Manager service hung on starting
I'm currently experiencing the following issue on two SBS 2008 servers. Both servers have identical hardware (HP ML350 G6). One was a swing migration from SBS 2003, the other a swing migration from SBS 2000. When booting into Windows and before the logon prompt, there is a long delay at the "Applying computer settings" stage. The following events are logged:- Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon Date: 23/02/2010 3:36:37 p.m. Event ID: 6005 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: ...

Filltering data between two date ranges
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me - I have a list containing peoples birthdays. I wish to be able to enter a date range i.e. today and 2 weeks into the future. I then wish for the list to be filtered showing only those birthdays within the date range. The date range could span across 2 different months. I'm not particularly skilled in using features such as VBA etc, so if there is a simple solution it would be much appreciated. Many thanks for any help. Hi Dave! If you enter the birthdays as Month/Day this is somewhat easy. If you enter the birthdays as Month/Day/Year it is much m...

weekending date of a given date
Hi All, If I have a past date of say fri 3/7/2008 and the weekending date for me is that sun the 9th, is there a way to get that date of the 9th? thanks, rodchar You can base it on offset from a well known Sunday date: DECLARE @dt DATETIME; SET @dt = '20080307'; -- 7 Mar 2008 -- Jan 7 1900 is Sunday SELECT DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '19000108', @dt) / 7) * 7, '19000114') AS sunday_date; /* sunday_date ----------------------- 2008-03-09 00:00:00.000 */ -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com thanks for the help, rod. "...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

DateDiff excluding weekends
Hello. I am using the following code to get the difference in minutes between two dates, excluding weekends. It's working for all scenarios except for when the end date is on a Saturday or Sunday. When that occurs I want it to just calculate the difference between the two dates without any modifications. Right now for those cases I am getting negative numbers. I am not sure how to modify this code further to allow for that. I used this code I found on another posting, so I'm not very advanced at this. Thank you very much! ..iMin = Format(DateDiff("n", s...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...