to open a set of folders with one click

Is there a program that you can set the folders you need to open and
click on one button it opens all in one mouse-click? It should have
the ability to save mutlple sets. I don't want to save a lot of
shortcuts and open by clicking these shortcuts.

Thanks for the help,
0
liu

On 1/27/2010 5:42 PM, liu wrote:
> Is there a program that you can set the folders you need to open and
> click on one button it opens all in one mouse-click? It should have
> the ability to save mutlple sets. I don't want to save a lot of
> shortcuts and open by clicking these shortcuts.
>
> Thanks for the help,

I haven't tried it myself, but I thinking a batch file with multiple
entries for the Windows Explorer command line (That's for WINDOWS
Explorer, NOT the Internet Explorer web browser - Unfortunately two
different applications that have confusingly similar names). Perhaps
someone in the win2000.cmdprompt.admin forum/newsgroup or the
win3x_wfw_dos forum/newsgroup (both on this server) would be able to
offer more detailed assistance.

Meanwhile you could read a list of Explorer command line switches in MS
Support Article ID: 314853 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853
Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP.
0
RobertVA
1/28/2010 2:33:07 AM
In news:a3b199e6-c3c9-480f-9930-27c63cae95be@h33g2000vbr.googlegroups.com,
liu <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> typed:
> Is there a program that you can set the folders you need to open and
> click on one button it opens all in one mouse-click? It should have
> the ability to save mutlple sets. I don't want to save a lot of
> shortcuts and open by clicking these shortcuts.
>
> Thanks for the help,

Use a batch file.  You can also close groups of files with a batch file too,
using "taskkill" command file.  Write the batch, test it, give it an icon,
and run it from windows desktop.

HTH,

Twayne

0
Twayne

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

TNEF Setting in Active Directory
Hello I would like to change the TNEF setting of some contacts . As we are using LDAP to create our contact into AD from our CRM database. I was wondering if anyone knew the right attribute to change ? Thanks Sebastien Hello Seb, Thank you for posting here. Based on my knowledge, you configure the TNEF (Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format) settings for the contacts from Outlook client. To do so, refer to the following steps: 1. Locate the recipient in the Contacts folder, and then double-click the contact to open the contact details window. 2. Double-click the contact?s e-mail ad...

Publisher 2000

How do I set up "format painter" in MS_Outlook ?
The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! Subra. Turn on the option to use Word as the message editor in = Outlook-Tools->Options->Mail Format. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Subra asked: | The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is | it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! | Subra. ...

opening links in outlook

change default outlook folder name
can I changed the default outlook folder names? like Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk E-Mail etc. because I'm connecting to a IMAP server which has it's own set of folders for the exact same functionality. it's very annoy to have two sets of folders, and I can't seem to change these on the IMAP end, so how I can change the Outlook folders to match my IMAP server, if it's possible. thanks! you can't change the default names. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Problem trying to open old money file

subform datasheet: one field does not show the values
I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\ table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( datasheet view) except OrderNO, which is a text field. I am using Access 2007. Do any one of you experienced this kind of issue before? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:47:54 GMT, "mls via AccessMonster.com" <u55943@uwe> wrote: >I had created a subform for order details and linked this to orders form\ >table by OrderId. All the details are showing up in my subform( data...

Public Folders #3
Hi there- We've just implemented Microsoft Outlook as our new e- mail client, and I've been working a bit with Public Folders. I posted several messages with attachments last week, and they were accessible for about a week, then mysteriously disappeared. Is there a time limit or usage limit determining how long a posted message stays available? Thanks for any responses! ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

sorting folders in address book
Any way to sort folder in address book in Outlook 2000? Running XP Home. -- Yaderp Peeing on an electric fence is one of those life lesson you only have to be taught once. ...

Creating folders from Excel Columns

combining folders(calendar, inbox,,outbox,contacts,etc)that appear in two places
I need assistance in configuring my Outlook, particularly since I just started to receive my email via outlook. I have folders with the same labels and names in"Outlook Today" and "Personal Folders". The calendar with information and listing of all tasks are in Personal Folders section with Outlook Today being empty. I believe my email is coming into Outlook Today area. I would like to consolidate these areas, I think under Outlook Today, and learn more re when to use what. The outlook today is synchronous on our LAN but there is nothing of import there thus defeat...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Exchange Public Folders W/OUT CLASSIC?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I keep hearing that there is a new version of Mac Office coming out that = will run on OS X and have full native support for Exchange Public folder = use in outlook...Any word on this? --=20 Scott McDonald ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...