the peer's stratum is less then the host stratum

I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum."  Whenever
I try to synchronize the time.  What's going on?
--
Demoman

Paullllll wrote:
> I am getting a "The peer's stratum is less then the host stratum."  Whenever
> I try to synchronize the time.  What's going on?

Loosely, it means that the Windows Time service deems your workstation
to be a more accurate clock than the time server you have selected so it
won't sync to the less accurate clock.  Can you run the following
command at a command prompt and post the results of the command:

w32tm /dumpreg /subkey:parameters

We are looking for the NtpServer line, if it is set to a DNS server name
it should also have 0x1 appended, which tells the Time service that this
is the most reliable clock on the network, for example:

NtpServer       REG_SZ              time.nrc.ca,0x1

John

PS.  Your machine is not part of a domain, is it?
0
John
3/23/2010 5:20:24 PM
John John - MVP wrote:
> PS.  Your machine is not part of a domain, is it?

It appears to be part of a Latin class. <g>

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen

Hosting two email domains on one Exchange 2003 server
I need know if it is possible to host or accommodate two or more email domains on one Exchange 2003 server (Enterprise Edition) and where can I find information on how this is done? http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319201 On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:53:22 -0800, "Adrian Remy" <aremy@spenser.biz> wrote: >I need know if it is possible to host or accommodate two or more email >domains on one Exchange 2003 server (Enterprise Edition) and where can I >find information on how this is done? > Adrian Remy wrote: > I need know if it is ...

"Learn How To Quickly Build At Least $40,000 Worth Of Home Equity And Pay Your Mortgage Off In 10 Years Or Less"
-Without Making Biweekly Mortgage Payments- Or Changing Your Current Mortgage. Dear Homeowner, Did you know it's possible to build a minimum of $40,000 in home equity, and pay your mortgage off in 10 years or less without making biweekly mortgage payments? Fortunately, for you as a homeowner this is entirely possible. http://sportsbiz.hhfreport.hop.clickbank.net ...

Exchange2003 server hosts multiple mail domains
I have a scenario, were an Exchange2003 server hosts multiple mail domains, e.g. domain1.com, domain2.com,domain3.com. The Exchange server is a member of the Active Directory domain ad.domain0.com. If the Exchange server generates a Non-Delivery Report, for example because someone has sent a message to wrongaddress@domain2.com, then the sender address of this NDR is always postmaster@ad.domain0.com. so that a NDR related to domain2.com will be sent from postmaster@domain2.com, and a NDR related to domain3.com will be sent from postmaster@domain3.com. How to acheive this .... please He...

Greater Than / Less Than Problem
Don't want to sound silly here, but I am actually having a problem with a formula that will allow me to count only values greater than 0 but less than 11. Is this Possible in 1 unique formula? Heres the situation: Within Column B6:B35, I want a count of any number that is greater than 0 but less than 11. I tried the following but it returns a 0: countif(B6:B35,">0<11") Thanks In Advance for any help here... -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

MFC & peer-to-peer & DHCP
hi everybody! herez the thing: i'm working on an instant messenger based on the great NDK set of classes (Network Development Kit - you can check it out at www.codeproject.com). things are doing great, except for one thing.. my intended audience lives in croatia (www.hr) and everyone here has DHCP, and i mean heavy DHCP - if you reconnect in a matter of seconds, you get a new IP! so, how am i supposed to create a p2p app, if my users are changing their IPs every day? i don't have any servers available for maintaining user list online, it has to be "strictly" peer-to-peer, ...

How can I make my document into less mb for email
I have created a document that is 143 pages. It will not send in email. I need it to be a smaller megabite version to send. How can I do that? Create a PDF. Can't guarantee it will be really small, but it should be smaller than a Publisher file. There are free PDF conversion applications around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned here. If you have Publisher 2007 there is an Office PDF add-in. 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP htt...

Peer to peer
I've got a peer to peer network. I can open Excel files on other computers on the network but not Access. How do I fix this? One computer has Windows XP Pro, the other two have Windows 7. All have Access XP. "Microsoft Access can not open this file" "The file is located outside of your intranet or on an untrusted site." Right click on the file on each computer and choose properties, then make sure to unblock the file. Most Excel files do not have code. Access, at least professional Access databases, have code. Next. Make sure that your databa...

1769- Dedicated Web-Hosting at $1.99!
World's Cheapest Rate Hosting, 99.9% Uptime US Based Dedicated Server, Fast Customer Service Register Domain only at $1.99 per Year Bonus for 1 year Package, Domain Free http://hostwebspaces.com/ ...

Time format, timesummary less than
Hey In my timesummary worksheet there will be both positive and negative results. When the result exceeds 24 hours, the result appear as a lower time value (tt:mm minus 24 hours) - allways less than 24 hours. My cellformat is: tt:mm;@ And Tools/Options/Calculation is set to 1904-date format How kan I format the cells to show timeresults (both positive an negative) in actual totals? I'll appreciate your sugestions Regards Snoopy Try formatting the cell like: [hh]:mm:ss The square brackets will show the hours. Snoopy wrote: > > Hey > In my timesummary worksheet there will b...

Can my host interrupt a Powershell script?
Is it possible to interrupt a hosted Powershell script? My hosting application allows hosting a user defined Powershell script which should run ideally as a never ending timer event handler, on its own thread, until interrupted and would then quit. As an example I would like to be able to run something like the below [not tested] script but allow my application to cause an interrupt or exception to the never ending loop when it is time to end. In practice it would be a bit more sophisticated in that it would handle the timer interrupt and do something useful, not just sleep. I cou...

DSN-less Connections
This article discusses two methods by which a DSN-less connection can be made to SQLServer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892490 One uses the CreateTableDef the other uses DAO.RegisterDatabase. Any suggestions as to which would be the preferred approach? Any opinions about either? I'm inclined to stay awy from the first since it captures user name and pwd. David C. Holley wrote: > This article discusses two methods by which a DSN-less connection can be > made to SQLServer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892490 > > One uses the CreateTableDef the oth...

Hosted Exchange Offline Address Book Creation Issues
We have a hosted Exchange 2003 setup with documentation from MS. We are hosting multiple/separate companies. We are having an issue where the Offline Address Book (OAB) is not using the Global Address List (GAL) that it is pointed at to create itself. In our Exchange 2003 org, we have created an Address List, GAL, and OAB for each company that we host. The Default Address List, GAL, and OAB have been deleted. The Address List and GAL seem to be generated correctly, but the OAB is always using one company's GAL for all hosted companies even though each companies OAB is set to use the G...

Greater Than Less Than #2
Hello, I have a sheet that I am entering data into cells B:B I have an event macro set up to auto time and date in adjacent cells A:A I would like C:C to calculate the difference between cell b5-b4, b6-b5, b7-b6 etc. etc. =IF(ISBLANK(B3),"",B3-B2) The results in C:C will be both + and - values. I want to run a condition that will colour the cells defined by either plus or minus values with the code below. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Range("b:b")) Is Nothing Th...

Set Host Name in POP3 Connector
I e-mailed this question to the list a couple of weeks ago but got no replies :-( Is their an MVP out there who can shed light on this issue? When my CEO logs into our Exchange POP3 Connector from his TREO 600 handheld, the headers display the NT Domain name as follows: Received: by OldServerName.OldCompany.com I don't really want to go through the process of renaming the domain name so I was hoping there was a way of changing just the POP3 headers? I would be happy to just change the OoldServerName' field above or the entire string. Thank you in advance!! What do you mean...

New to Outlook 2007
Hi all HELP! I have just installed Outlook 2007 on our network, having decided with some sadness to ditch our old Turnpike software. Our system is a simple peer-to-peer network of 10 or so PC's running Windows XP (32 bit). One of the machines is nominated as the server and holds the usual data (word docs etc) to which the workstations point. The email is collected by the Turnpike program on the server from the ISP via POP3. With our Turnpike software, you just point the workstations to the directory on the server that holds all the emails and hey presto you have email data ava...

Peer to peer network and account names
i've a problem trying to rename some accounts in a peer to peer lan. I have a computer that shares some folders and in which i created from control panel- user account usernames and passwords for all the users of the net. everithing works right. If i change the user account name in a pc of the lan and i change it also in the "server" pc when i try to access to the server from network neighborhood it asks me username and password. How can i fix it? Sorry for my poor english! Vera ...

Messenger-less webcam
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel why is it that a] the corporate side of Messenger for Mac doesnt allow one to log on unless (presumably) if you are on a commercial/corporate network? b] the personal side of Messenger for Mac doesnt have a webcam option while the corporate does? It's not fair on private individuals who don't have a network, and therefore a user id, to cut out one of the key areas of useage. Come out of the era when being a mac user was 'beyond the pale' and bring out a version where both facets of the software enable ...

E-Mail not working after adding host header
Hi, I must have messed up along the way somewhere during the install. I had to type http://server to get to my crm website. I moved the crm website from port 80 to 8000 and I got my default site back. No problem, I just use http://server:8000 to access crm, except it can't send mail. If I change it back to use port 80 without host header it will send e-mail. So, here is the million dollar question. How do I configure it to use port 80 with crmweb as the host header for it to let my e-mail work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Ric Ric, Are you talking about e-mails to the CRM sy...

Charting Investment Management Performance Versus Peers
Does anyone know how to create a combo floating/stacked bar chart in Excel, like this: http://www.pertrac2000.com/images/peerchart.gif Thank you. Thank you so much, Max. "Max" <demechanik@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eGLwOljaDHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Try MVP Jon Peltier's "Stacked Column Charts that Cross the X Axis" at: > http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/StackedColumnsAboveAndBelow > .html Thank you so much, Max. //tim you're welcome, Tim! ...

PEER TO PEER CALENDAR
Please can someone advise me!!! We have an office of 20 that all heavily rely on our dry erase board where each and every one of us has to get up from our cubes and walk to view and to write on this...this is a major pain for my clients to be on hold and for me, there is nothing real time about this and it is very latent. We are all running p2p stations here...our tech guy says we should run MS Exchange...i'm curious if we can create a common calendar with Office XP, Outlook for everyone to see and use without leaving our cubes???? PLEASE help!!! See if the information on the ...

have windows home premium
Hi, I need to update the file listed in the Subject to install Oracle 11g release 1 to my DHCP-assigned internet connected (FIOS) PC. I successfully followed Oracle's instructions to add a Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and need to add an entry to the hosts file. However the Windows subdirectory is read-only, and even tho my user has Administrator privs, I can't change this. It seems to work, but when I look at it afterwards (and it takes about 15 agonizing minutes because it changes protections file-by-file, and there are I believe 50k files) it's still read-only. ...

Peer to Peer alternatives
On a Win98 / XP Pro peer to peer network. I want some kind of address book / messaging system / calendar that would work with about 10 users. I would want a central address book we could all view and update. Any suggestions? Someone told me to look at imicus (sp) but I couldn't find anything. ...

How to calculate how many cells have a value of less than 3?
What formula can you use to get the total number of entries from within a range of cells that contain any value 3 or less? I have a large numbers of results in a spreadsheet (results can be anywhere from 1-10) and want to be able to easily get the total number of entries that are either 1,2, or 3. Thanks... =countif(a1:b99,"<=3") is one way. FISH wrote: > > What formula can you use to get the total number of entries from within a > range of cells that contain any value 3 or less? > > I have a large numbers of results in a spreadsheet (results can be any...

xp peers to peer networks
I will be running an MSAccess 2003 application split into front end and back end on an xp peer to peer network. If the 'server' computer which holds the 'shared data ' is XP Pro system how many clients can I link to it. Is it a lesser number if I run XP Home on the server. If I split the data on the 'server' into more than one mdb file does that have an implication on the number of clients. thank you .... You should be fine if you run it as a split database. It should be a split frontend/backend with each computer having the frontend on their computer. How many...

DSN Less Connection
I am creating a DSN less connection according to Microsofts KB. I have a question about the stServer name.... My server has dashes in the name such as \\test-dash When I replace stServer with test-dash it does not like it. I added double quotes around it, and tried leaving stServer and then write in Set stServer = test-dash but that did not work.... Any advice? I think that is the only thing keeping me from gettting this to work... or are there any better ways of doing this? '//Name : AttachDSNLessTable '//Purpose : Create a linked table to SQL Server w...