Taskbar question.

I am using Windows XP with all updates.  When I hover the cursor over the
clock icon in the taskbar a little box appears with the whole date such as
“Tuesday, March 2, 2010”.  Recently that has stopped working in the fact that
the description box still opens up but it is hidden behind the taskbar.  I
can just see the top edge of the box.  After playing around I have found that
un-checking the keep taskbar on top option, the description is now visible
but, alas, the taskbar will soon get covered up and I want it always on top.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
--
Thanks, Robert

On 3/2/2010 8:11 PM, Robert wrote:
> I am using Windows XP with all updates.  When I hover the cursor over the
> clock icon in the taskbar a little box appears with the whole date such as
> “Tuesday, March 2, 2010”.  Recently that has stopped working in the fact that
> the description box still opens up but it is hidden behind the taskbar.  I
> can just see the top edge of the box.  After playing around I have found that
> un-checking the keep taskbar on top option, the description is now visible
> but, alas, the taskbar will soon get covered up and I want it always on top.
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This problem can sometimes be corrected with a simple reboot. You may
want to check out the Hidden ToolTip Bug Fix from NEO Smart:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/windows-xps-repulsive-hidden-tooltip-bug-fixed/

You'll find many other solutions doing a Google search.

hth
--
Chet <chesterefSPAM@NOThotmail.com>
0
"Robert" <rwdel(remove this)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows XP with all updates.  When I hover the cursor over
>the
> clock icon in the taskbar a little box appears with the whole date
> such as
> “Tuesday, March 2, 2010”.  Recently that has stopped working in the
> fact that
> the description box still opens up but it is hidden behind the
> taskbar.  I
> can just see the top edge of the box.  After playing around I have
> found that
> un-checking the keep taskbar on top option, the description is now
> visible
> but, alas, the taskbar will soon get covered up and I want it always
> on top.
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?

It's an annoying bug that will never be fixed.  The simplest way to fix
it for a while is to click the Start button, open the All Programs menu
on the Start Menu, hover over any item in the All Programs menu,
right-click and in the menu that appears, click Sort By Name.  Then do
that a second time...Sort by Name one more time.  That usually brings
the "tool tips" back to the front of the Taskbar.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
3/3/2010 4:02:28 AM
When it appears to fail, double click it. (the time). The date and time
properties may come up but when shutting it down
the whole date will work again.
"Robert" <rwdel(remove this)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows XP with all updates.  When I hover the cursor over the
> clock icon in the taskbar a little box appears with the whole date such as
> "Tuesday, March 2, 2010".  Recently that has stopped working in the fact
> that
> the description box still opens up but it is hidden behind the taskbar.  I
> can just see the top edge of the box.  After playing around I have found
> that
> un-checking the keep taskbar on top option, the description is now visible
> but, alas, the taskbar will soon get covered up and I want it always on
> top.
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?
> --
> Thanks, Robert

0
Unknown

Administrative Groups Question
I'm migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. After installing the 2003 server into the 5.5 Site, in System Manager/Administrative groups I have not 1 group but 2 with one server in each. The new 2003 server is in the group named "Phoenix", the 5.5 Server is in the group named "Phoenix?CNF:990bc22c-5881-48d8-87da-f79d74257ff6" Is this normal? -David No. You should have ended up with a single AG with both servers in it. Did anything unusual occur during the installation? -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "David&...

Need help with below question
I had this file with me. there were few hiddne formula. i found out one formula which was =c6*root!$g$3. My Question is whats is the use of this formula and how it works. Also, why im unable to find it in excel help tool? Thanks in advance for help! Hi, =c6*root!$g$3 C6 is a cell in the worksheet the formula is in $G$3 is cell G3 on a worksheet called Root the formula multiplies these 2 cells together The dollar signs stop G3 changing if the formula is dragged down or across -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that in...

2 questions
1. How does one recall a sent e-mail and how do you remove a blocked sender so you can recieve again from that address. Please send responses to : gotta_have_it@comcast.net Many many thanks! JZ ...

Taskbar issues
Hello, I'm posting on behalf of someone else, who has a rather unusual problem with their Windows XP taskbar. He has somehow managed to move it to the top of the screen, and is unable to move it back, despite it being unlocked. I haven't been able to find any remedies for what he has done, was wondering if anyone could point us in the right direction?! Thanks in advance! ...

Mail Merge Question for Office 2003
We have a table in XLS that is merging with a Word document. The XLS shows all the number with only 2 decimal places x.yy but the merge show a whole bunch of other 000000000 after the last digit. How do I get the merge to show just what is in XLS? Ex. It should just pull over x.yy but it's pulling over x.yy00000000000 Thanks! Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question about formatting dates/decimals. There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA0...

Windows in Taskbar
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP, SP3. I have show all windows in the taskbar checked off in options, but all my open Word documents are in one window. I don't know how to explain that any better; I have to click on the window, and my documents are listed there. Then I need to click on the one I want to open. How can I get them all to display on my taskbar the way they used to with Office 2003? Thanks. Note that if you have many documents open at the same time, they will be grouped on the taskbar. To turn off that option: Right-click the taskbar and choose Pro...

How disable outlook in taskbar
When I exit from Outlook it inserts a stub into the taskbar. I think thats intestion is to alert the user that there is new mail. This takes up some resourses and I want to manage it myself. How do I disable Outlook being loaded into the taskbar on exit? Andrew Jones <adsjones@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > When I exit from Outlook it inserts a stub into the > taskbar. I think thats intestion is to alert the user > that there is new mail. This takes up some resourses and > I want to manage it myself. How do I disable Outlook > being loaded into the taskbar on exit? Task ...

Newbie with Progress Bar Question
Hi All, Sorry newbie here ...... I have a Splash Screen and am trying to get a progress bar to work on the bottom. My splash screen stays on for 8000ms and I would like the bar to go up in time with that. I have the following code: private void frmSplash_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { prbSplash.Minimum = 0; prbSplash.Maximum = 8000; { } int value; for (value = 0; value != 8000; value++) { prbSplash.Value = prbSplash.Value + 1; } } ...

Strange Taskbar Problem
I normally set up my taskbar two rows in heighth with the quick launch icons on the far left. This leaves the middle section for the "open tabs". I recently did a clean reinstall (restored an image) and somewhere in that process or the ensuing windows updates, the taskbar layout got all screwed up and I am unable to make it right. This is what is there now (with the task bar unlocked so the "dotted section divider lines" are visible: On the far left next to the Start button is the first set of divider lines. (Normally, the quick launch icons are to the left...

cpu usage when excel is in taskbar
hello all !! i have my big set of 200 open workboooks ... they all run a macro of analysis evry 2 seconds.. the question is that.. when the excel window is active window.. the cpu usage is 30 % ....when the active window is another one or.. when i send the excel window to the taskbar, the cpu usage rises to 45 %... do you think there is a way to avoid that problem ?? tx !! ...

Increment question
Hello, I have a form that when opens up, it opens up in ADD Record Mode. How can set it so when it opens up it looks for the last workorder_id PK entered then Access automatically add/increment that id by one and shows it on the form. For example if the last workorder id entered was 425-07-001 ( This are the numbers that will be entered in the database) And someone wants to add another record, when that someone either opens up the form or hit the add command button on the form, I want Access to automatically increment the last three digit numbers by one. For example; 425-07-002 I don...

Relay question #2
Hello, I will appreciate your help in the next problem: Exchange server 2003. The domain name is abc.com and i created another domain for some user accounts: xyz.com with the recipient policies. All ok. I have users that belongs to both companys and they needs to send mails from both domains. For one user I configured account abc.com as exchange account and then the xyz.com as pop account. I used outlook 2003. I allowed the rely permission for this user and his pc. The problem start when i send mail from the xyz.com account to an external account. At destination, the mail arrives as if it...

DelayLoad questions
I am tryng to delay load a DLL and have a few questions hopefully somebody can answer. If I correctly setup a DLL to be delay loaded would it be required to be in my PATH on startup even though I am not invoking any functions defined in the DLL at startup time. Is there some tool I can use (maybe process monitor or something along that line) that will show me that my DLL has not been loaded even though my program is running. Lastly, is there a preferred method to delay loading a DLL. Is it better to to do it programatically or through options in Visual Studio? Thanks in advance for all tha...

taskbar
I am using win xp sp2. my taskbar items have all disappeared except for the clock. I went into msconfig and then startup and the items i want running are checked. anyone have any thoughts? thank you, phil Why hasn't SP3 been installed by now? [1] What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you boug...

CPrintDialog question
My program uses the following code to print. This works almost all the time, but every now and then the AfxMessageBox shows up, because hdc = NULL. When I try to print from other WINDOWS programs, like Notepad, the printing works fine. Any idea what I'm doing wrong, or what could cause this problem? CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE); if (dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { // Get a handle to the printer device context (DC). HDC hdc = dlg.GetPrinterDC(); if (hdc != NULL) { m_prnDC.Attach (hdc); // attach a printer DC m_prnDC.SetMapMode(MM_TEXT); m_PaperSize.cx=m_prnDC.GetDeviceCaps...

Taskbar group buttons unchecked and Excel
When I open several files at one time in Excel, the taskbar only shows one file open, even though I have the taskbar group box unchecked. In order to show each file I have to open each file individually. How can I eliminate multiple steps to show each Excel file in the taskbar? In xl2k (and higher), you can use: tools|options|view tab|check windows in taskbar. Tisha wrote: > > When I open several files at one time in Excel, the taskbar only shows one > file open, even though I have the taskbar group box unchecked. In order to > show each file I have to open each file indiv...

Taskbar not staying hidden
This has happened to me with XP, Vista, and now Win 7. When I set the taskbar to auto-hide it will work for a while and then the taskbar will stay up all the time. I have to go into Properties (the settings are still as they should be) and uncheck auto-hide, save it, then go back and check the auto-hide and it will work again for a while. What gives? Suggestions please. Thanks in advance... Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:n1M4n.21900$DY5.18492@newsfe08.iad... > This has happened to me with XP, Vista, and now Win 7. When I ...

XMLSPY Question
Altova posted an announcement regarding XMLSPY 2008 stating it can handle much larger files. So how large is large? Does it load the entire XML document into memory, or does it stream, like xmlreader? I read it has spyware so am reluctant to download the trial version. I did download Stylus Studio and it appears to be a DOM based system. I transform very large xml documents for my clients and some of these files are over 500Mb. I even did noe that was almost 3Gb. I wote some tools with xmlreader/writer that split the files, but requires some hard-coding for each one. sure would be nice to...

Question about saving a layout
I like to zoom all documents I'm working on to 185% in Page View in Microsoft Word for Mac 2004. I'd like this to be the default view when I open any Word documents. How can I save this workspace so every document is opened at 185% zoom? Every time I save my document in this zoom, when I open it again its back to 122% zoom. I've looksed in prefs, but can find no settings. Thanks! Hello Michael, You should find that documents will re-open with the same zoom value you had when you closed them (and the same view, e.g. Page Layout view). To have blank new documents open at 185...

A couple of questions?
Hi! I have a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 installed. In Exchange 2003 System Manager\Recipients\Recipient Policies\Default policy in E-Mail Addresses (Policy) tab, i have two different @dyndns adresses. So when i create a new user in AD they get both username@dyndns1.com and username@dyndns2.com as e-mail adresses when the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" is marked. I want to make some users that only use their accounts to log on to OWA and only get one of the @dyndns adresses. But when i unmark "Automatically......." and remove ...

Password question
How to avoid having to enter password each time opening WLM? Thanks John Tools | Accounts | Mail Account | Servers. Type in the password and check the Remember Password box. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "John Smith" <JohnSmith@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eSHXUnEyKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How to avoid having to enter password each time opening WLM? > Thanks John Are you talking about the initial prompt for Sign-in? Go to Tools, Options, Connections, "Stop signing in". If you d...

How to have MainWindow on taskbar
Hi all, I have a problem that - in InitInstance fucntion CMyDialog dlg; m_pMainWnd = &dlg; int nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); but i have a CMyDialog2 dlg2 is a child dialog of dlg so in some cases, i need to hide dlg and show dlg2 but on taskbar, i have any window of my app. Have any way to see it when call dlg2.DoModal() ? Try it out Ctempdlg dlg; theApp.m_pMainWnd = &dlg; this->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); dlg.DoModal(); this->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); where ever you want to display 2nd one hiding first one regards Rajesha Duy Trinh wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a problem...

Question on Date & Time handling
In a spreadsheet with raw data, there is a column that contains data that Excel shows as a date and time (10/6/2007 11:08:00 AM). While I can format the cells to only show the date, the raw data still contains the time element. Since I want to create a Pivot Table by date, I need to strip out the time element so that I can perform analysis by date - the time is irrelevant. Formatting the cell as a number reveals: 39361.4638888889 What can I do top remove the time element so only the date remains? Thanks, David In an adjacent column, add a formula of =MOD(A1,1) format that as da...

Nested if question
In the cell where the formula resides, I get a FALSE result. My intention is that I get a message that says "No Deprec. this yr". My formula is as follows: =IF(B36<$D$23,IF(E36<D36,(1/C36*D36),"No Dep. This yr")) If anyone can tell me where I am going wrong, please let me know. Thanks everyone! -- dakotasteve ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dakotasteve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5446 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468001 Without ...

When Excel workbook starts I want to ask a question first
Thanks for trying to help.... When a coworker opens an Excel file, I want Excel to first have the person enter a number... Once the number is entered, that number is matched from column A and the sheet will only display the contents of that matched "row". Am I making sense? We just don't want to open the spreadsheet with all that data in thier face and have them search for their own stats. Again thanks! Hi Steve, Probably a couple of ways, depending on how the data is assembled. Perhaps a combination of a drop-down list with the numbers and a vlookup formula. Or a workshe...