System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point

My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space
on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now,
I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix
it. Need help any one thank you.

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the
(next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software
Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper
shutdown.

A system restore was necessary, I thought because I couldn't come out of
Safe Mode. If I do a restart it will come back Safe Mode again, can't come
out until I shutdown and turn on after some time has past and not every time.
srsvc.dll Version 5.1.2600.5512 file is lost.

This is the info I C/P hope this helps.
ID: 112
Source: SRService

We're sorry
There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event
Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links
in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be
available elsewhere.

Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify those
areas for which we need to provide more information.

Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this
specific error or event message. For information about other support options
you can use to find answers online, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

Is WinXP SP3 installed & is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
computer?

Did a Norton or McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

hesife wrote:
> My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more
> space
> on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it
> now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way
> to fix it. Need help any one thank you.
>
> System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the
> (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software
> Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper
> shutdown.
>
> A system restore was necessary, I thought because I couldn't come out of
> Safe Mode. If I do a restart it will come back Safe Mode again, can't come
> out until I shutdown and turn on after some time has past and not every
> time. srsvc.dll Version 5.1.2600.5512 file is lost.
>
> This is the info I C/P hope this helps.
> ID: 112
> Source: SRService
>
> We're sorry
> There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event
> Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the
> links
> in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might
> be
> available elsewhere.

> Thank you for searching on this message; your search helps us identify
> those
> areas for which we need to provide more information.
>

> Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for
> this
> specific error or event message. For information about other support
> options
> you can use to find answers online, see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

0
PA

How do I load Outlook if I didn't select it when I loaded Outlook
I put office on my laptop but (among other programs like Power Point) I didn't select it when I was loading it up (didnt think I would ever use it).... well.... now I have a Blackberry and need Outlook so I can sync it.... help? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Add or Remove Features.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies h...

Selecting and applying the correct forumla
Hi How do I get Excel to apply a certain formula (held in a central table) based on particular values in the same row? I don't want the actual result of the formula whilst it's in the central table, as this will be different when pasted into each row. Example, (where Col D is the place I want the formula from the central table to be applied to): Central table: [Row 1] = A1+B1 (Apply this if column C equals the word "Rule 1") [Row 2] = A1-B1 (Apply this if column C equals the word "Rule 2") Spreadsheet: Col A Col B Col C Col D 1 1 Rule 1 2...

Outlook 2003 HTML Reply Selection Spell Check Bug
I received an email in Outlook. The email was in HTML format. I started a reply to the message. I then selected only part of the reply text and hit F7 to check the spelling of the selection (selected text only). A message box pops up stating "Finished checking the selection. Do you want to check the rest of the item?" There were obvious misspelled words that simply were not checked. If I say Yes to "check the rest of the item" the misspelled words are found as would be expected. If the reply is only one word (not likely normally) and you select it and check spelling...

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

Image backup/rstore vs. clean install/all-file-backup/restore
A general question: Chris Quirke writes: "It's a good idea to make a partition image backup of your XP installation before you start, using something like BING. Simply copying off every file is not enough, because unlike Windows 9x, XP will not work when copied in this way." If there is no partitin image, would it be sufficient to do a clean install of XP Gold, and then copy over the file-by-file backup of, for example, XP with SP3 installed. Wouldn't that leave everything bootable, etc. and give the same results as an image restore? mm wrote: > A gener...

Replace text for selected cells only
Is it possible to select specific cells and then have the Replace feature only apply to those cells, particularly if I use the Replace-All button? That's the way it works. Are you experiencing something different? (one tip. Don't hit the Find all button. If you notice, your selection is lost when you do that.) Hall wrote: > > Is it possible to select specific cells and then have the Replace feature > only apply to those cells, particularly if I use the Replace-All button? -- Dave Peterson Selecting only one cell, and Excel will try to Replace throughout the whole...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

Select all dates in month from month and year in text box?
I have a form to run reports. All reports are run based on the month and year but the table data contains actual dates. On the form the client enters 03/2007 in a text box to select reports containing data for March 2007. The text box has a format mm/yyyy. The table data has fields defined as Date/Time. Data looks like 3/15/2007. How can I use the month and year from the text box my form to select all of the dates that fall within the month and year requested? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com In the criteria of the query that drives the report: Between [Forms]![frm...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

How do I stop MSN Messenger from defaulting to Outlook and go to .
How do I stop MSN from using Outlook as my email address and instead use a hotmail or yahoo address as an alternative. It would be preferable to be able to choose between them if possible This is an MSN Messenger question; not Outlook. Anyway; Logoff MSN and login with a different address. Then set it to remember that account. For additional support continue in an MSN Messenger newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "alexsyd" <a...

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

File system
Hi I am havimg some problem in booting WindowCE 4.2 . The bootup failed in filesystem 1. can anyone help me how to debug the error or where area in windowce I should zoom into for susch problem The ouput of error message is given below FMD::FMD_Init FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 FMD_ReadSector() ######## BLOCK 10 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c233c78 RA=8c233c00 BVA=04000000 FSR=00000007 Data Abort: Thread=8feec5d0 Proc=8e028b58 'filesys.exe' AKY=ffffffff PC=8c2169d8 RA=8c216a38 BVA=04000019 FSR=00000003 D...

Failed backup/restore
After switching to Windows XP, I reinstalled Money 99 (which seems to be working) but have been unable to open either the backup of my Money file (on floppy) or the copy of the working file that I copied to CDROM (and which I recopied to the hard drive). Error messages say the backup file has been corrupted; and that the working file is corrupted or is not a legitimate Money file. I've made sure this file, copied from CDROM, is not "read only." This is 4 years of my personal financial records. Does anyone know of any way to recover the data? Since you have the actu...

OWA/Exch 2k7 Sent email going directly to draft
Hello, I'm trying a test setup of Exchange 2007 with OWA. When I try to send an email, it going directly to the draft folder. No error, no message in queue when using the queus file viewer. Do you have any idea where to look to fing more information about this problem ? Ok found the problem. MSExchangeMailSubmission service was stopped... remi.giroux@gmail.com a =E9crit : > Hello, > > I'm trying a test setup of Exchange 2007 with OWA. When I try to send > an email, it going directly to the draft folder. No error, no message > in queue when using the queus file viewe...

Converting Hexadecimal number to floating point decimal number
I am looking for an Excel code that will automaitically convert a hexadecimal number in a cell (like 0X00 0X0f 0X7b 0Xa1 0x39) into int decimal and put the result in another cell without changing th original hex number. Any help is appreciated -- Fif ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fifi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27285 one way: =HEX2DEC(MID(A1,3,255)) HEX2DEC() is part of the Analysis Toolpack Addin (Tools/Add-ins...) Not...

Total Communications System & MS CRM 3.0
To Anyone: I am trying to find a complete "converged communications" system that has complete integration with MS CRM 3.0 as well as an open API that I can further integrate into my business applications. I am finding a lot of sales pitches but no hard facts and confirmed installs. Can anyone point me ? Anthony DeHart try www.genesyslabs.com ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009397A-044A-482E-97F8-D2BADC9A6A15@microsoft.co...

Issues when going from OL2003 back to OL98...
Having some roaming issues with OL98 when coming from OL2003. 1.) The Outlook Today icon should have the users exchange server name in brackets, it now looks like 'Outlook Today - []' instead of 'Outlook Today - [John Doe]' 2.) Under 'Tools>Services', where, what used to be Exchange Server and Personal Address Book now is '??? and ???' When I try to edit, or add services, I get error messages. If we go back to OL2003 from OL98, there is no problems, but going from OL2003 backward to OL98 renders OL98 completely useless. Any known issues? ideas? ...

Import Requisitions Into System For Approval
We have a database of registrants for different events and were hoping it was possible to import certain hotel and other expenditure requests into the requisition system for approval. Is there a way to import this data instead of manually create a requisition in the system, and then to route it for approval. Thanks for your help. Graham ...

Cannot restore Priv.edb & Pub.edb (Urgent Help...)
GoodDay All We have a serious problem with Exchange5.5 Server(running on WindowsNT 4.0 Server). Today morning our Information Store(Services) stops automatically when we restarted the Exchange5.5 Server. We have taken the backup of Priv.edb & Pub.edb by stopping all the services. We had run optimizer also.After that we copied back the backedup data's & tried to start the services again. Still the Information Store (Services) did'nt start. After that we moved the Priv.edb & Pub.edb to a different location & then we restarted the services, then the servies was up & ...

Received/Not Invoiced report needs to have point in time option
Received/Not Invoiced report in Purchasing Analysis reports needs to have point in time option. This is important because many companies use this report as subledger support to reconciling their accrued purchases account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

using access as a content management system for documents
Hello got a question for you all, I am using access to create a content management solution. initially it seems pretty easy i would create a table for each type of document template. and the fields in the table would be the different sections within the template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with those specific sections in the document. basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in the correct order and export that to a word document. here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold letter and different colors.. is there anyw...

Exchange system manager on fresh XP SP2 laptop
Hello, How do I get the Exchange 2003 system manager console installed on a freshly loaded XP Service Pack 2 workstation?? It keeps complaining about the NNTP service and .Net Framework 1.1... The frame work IS loaded, but I can't figure out what to do with NNTP.. Troy Sounds like it is trying to install the whole kit and caboodle and not just the management software. It might also be an issue with XP SP2 being unable to connect to the WINS server or to the Exchange server. "Troy Bruder" <N0-Spam-troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OoZAS6UgEHA.34...

Trendline when data points are missing
I have data where for some of the series there is data in each "category" and in other series there is some missing data. Here's the example: Fund Type Fund Company One Year Return Target 2050 Principle 12.2 Target 2050 TRP 11.3 Target 2045 Principle 11.1 Target 2040 Principle 10.8 Target 2040 TRP 9.4 When I chart this I get a line for all of the "Principle" data because it has a data point for all three "Fund Types". I only get...