Synchronization - Remove

Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named
"Dennis".   We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a
different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not
allow us to change the folder.  Have read instructions and find no solution

Appreciate any assistance ...

Brad

0
Brad

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

New essay: The Best Synchronization is No Synchronization
In response to an earlier post saying that messages should not be used for synchronization and that primitives like mutexes, events, and semaphores were better suited, (note also that CRITICAL_SECTIONs had been omitted from the list, probably an oversight, and timers had been included, for reasons I cannot ascertain because timers have nothing to do with synchronization). I offer a counterargument: these primitives are the assembly code of synchronization, and mechanisms like messages and I/O Completion Ports provide much better alternatives most of the time. We should be searching for highe...

Synchronization
I am running Money2003. I had to reinstall the program. I am unable to synchronize with MSMoney. Everything appears to be properly marked, but it kicks back an error and says unable to synchronize. What should I check Your post is too vague to try and diagnose exactly what's wrong. But, here are some starting points: Go here http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/tools.asp#ofxdoc and: - look at OFX_Error_Messages.doc, see if the error you get is in that document. - Try the method on p. 4 of TroubleshootingOFX.doc, CTRL+SHIFT under the Logging Calls section. Then look in the lo...

GPIB Synchronization and Threads
Hi, I'm currently using the GPIB-USB-HS interface from National Instrument. I'm trying to have several worker threads that will update various data live to the main form; I ran into the problem of "overflowing" my GPIB interface (and my Write command threw me a lot of exceptions). How exactly do you use *WAI, *OPC and *OPC or is there a better way of controlling the flow of data so that the threads don't send commands simultaneously or when the previous one is not yet finished? Thanks everyone! If anyone has written similiar API to control GPIB devices please let me ...

palm synchronization
My system runs outlook Express 6. I have a palm M505 and I can't get the palm to synch with outlook express. The palm will synch with my desktop, just not with outlook express 6 I don't know if there are any conduit programs that sync a Palm m505 with OE...I have an m505 and I use Chapura PocketMirror to sync with Outlook, but Outlook Express is a different program. You may have to do some research to see if there are any available conduits for OE. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgro...

Problem with synchronizing
I have finished installing HQ Server, HQ Client, and Store Operations in our office. I have tried to connect HQ Client with HQ Server, it will communicate with no problem. But when I try to create global customers either in SO or Server, it won't synchronize. Same with all the items, receipts, etc... I have the HQ Server installed on a dedicated server with the SQL Database with the HQ Database and the Store Database. The HQ Client is installed on the POS system. Any help? I have made sure I am connecting to the right database. Thanks Gary Check Store Ops Manager - File - Co...

Outlook Synchronization Error
Hi I have a problem trying to synchronize offline folders with the Exchange Server. I have a Exchange 5.5 - SP 4 (running on window 2000) and having problem with Outlook 2000(SR-1a) and 2002(SP2). When synchronization is completed, a synchronization log is created in the deleted folders as below. 12:12:00 Synchronizing Hierarchy 12:12:00 Synchronizing Favorites 12:12:00 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' 12:12:16 5 item(s) added to offline folder 12:12:16 Error synchronizing folder 12:12:16 [80004005-501-50A-550] 12:12:16 The client operation failed. 12:12:16 Microsoft ...

Offline Synchronization
Here is the scenario - we have a customer that has nince registers. During the week, no more than 4 or 5 registers are used. The others typically only get used on the weekend. S such, these registers only have Z-Reports and synchronization run once or twice a week. At the point where these registers are brought online, their offline database has not been updated for more than a week. If the server fails, these registrers are running on old offline data. The customer does not want to run z-reports at startup (they run them for each change of shirt) because it creates too many reports to ...

Synchronization
I teach the student newsletter class and we use Publisher 2003. We have created front pages with Publisher newsletter templates. I copy the second and third page individually; the students create their assigned pages. Then, I copy that page back into the original document. It is changing everything, fonts, border sizes, spacing, etc. as if it were he original. How do I get it to turn off the synchronization so that I can re-merge the dsocument withot it changing everything? Thanks, Peggy Create a new publication. Setup the new publication as a booklet using the 11 x 17 dimensions. Copy...

SYnchronization
I use outlook 2000. Is there a way to synchronize my desktop with my laptop so both will show the same saved messages? Hi Abe, yes, there are solutions. Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature. Thomas Wetzel Outlook synchronization for mobile users www.synchpst.com ...

synchronizing outlook??
It is possible to synchronize Outlook beetwen to pc's ??????? Hi Andres, Yes, this is possible. Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

which smartphone for Outlook synchronization?
My Samsung BlackJack II is flaking out, and of course the warranty expired two months ago .... I need a combination of good cellphone AND good to excellent synchronization with Outlook for calendar, contacts, and TO DO. Wireless data is not something I use right now, because I can't justify the expense. With the BlackJack, I can sync up easily with a USB plug-in cable. What's hot and what's not? I've heard from several people that the iPhone is not a good phone, whatever its other plusses. I should also mention that my carrier is AT&T. Thanks. -AH Try posting to (...

synchronize
Outlook is not synchronizing inboxes when exiting. Tried to recreate ost file but its not working ...

Outlook Synchronization #2
I read that synchronization of outlook has been discussed before on this newsgroup, but I can't find the responses now. Are there any recommendations for software that will copy the necessary files to synchronize Outlook (Inbox, Sent, Delete, etc) on another computer? I currently use Outlook 2003, but plan to upgrade to Outlook 2007 soon. One program I purchased and tried was a dismal flop taking 24 hours or more to copy Outlook files on one computer and even longer to synchronize Outlook (incompletely) on a 2nd computer. Don Bouchard <dbouchard@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >...

Synchronizing
I have Outlook 2000 on two different machines. How can I synchronize the Calendars and Contacts? Not very easily. In fact, it's a royal pain. One way is to implement Exchange Server. Some alternative solutions exist at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Another solution (the one I use) might be: http://www.outlookstore.com/ Good luck! "Elliot" <erap@ieee.org> wrote in message news:eRZG1knoDHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have Outlook 2000 on two different machines. How can I synchronize the > Calendars and Contacts? > > ...

missing mail after synchronizing
i have a laptop user running windows XP & office XP. I have created his ost files (tools /e-mail account etc) and highlighted what files in his mailbox he wants to synchronize :- (outlook, tools\send & receive settings\define send & receive groups). So, when he now closes outlook,his mailbox synchronizes. If you check the size of his ost file it has increased in size. But if he logs onto his laptop offline his mailbox is empty. Could some bright spark explain how i should fix this The size of the user mailbox is around 50mb Cheers Marcus...

Synchronizing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Why is it when the due date/time changed when synchronizing between entourage and ical. How to solve this problem. ...

Synchronize Pocket PC with OL 2007
I currently have 3 folders under the Data Files tab in OL 07 Contact Folder Contacts.pst Personal Folders Calendar. pst and Personal Folders Outlook.pst This is the 'default folder'. When I close OL 07 3 files on my hard drive are updated: Contacts.pst Calendar. pst and Outlook.pst It seems to my that in OL2000 there was only 1 .pst file that contained contacts, calendar, and personal folders. And ActiveSync used that file to update. I have been afraid to attempt a synchronization with ActiveSync since installing OL07. Do I have to do something diffe...

synchronize home and work outlook accounts, possible?
Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another whenever a message is sent, or read? Mike S wrote: > Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the > internet, so a home machine and a work machine update one another > whenever a message is sent, or read? Stop using POP. Get an e-mail account that supports IMAP access. On 8/28/2010 10:25 PM, VanguardLH wrote: > Mike S wrote: > >> Is it possible to synchronize Outlook on two computers over the >> in...