SVCHOST.EXE error

from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down or
rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message

svchost.exe error
the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the memory
could not be "written"

can anyone help
tks

Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

"sparky" <sparky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down
> or
> rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>
> svchost.exe error
> the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the
> memory
> could not be "written"
>
> can anyone help
> tks

0
The
1/3/2010 5:33:15 PM
On Jan 3, 11:59=A0am, sparky <spa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down=
 or
> rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>
> svchost.exe error
> the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the memo=
ry
> could not be "written"
>
> can anyone help
> tks

One thing that gets looked at during shutdown is a check to see if any
MS updates need to be installed.  Sometimes this MS update mechanism
becomes fouled resulting in the svchost message.

When you see the messgae what are the options and what do you choose?
If you don't do anything, does the system eventually shutdown?

Once we get more information and check some basics, we can then figure
out what is causing the problem and fix it.

It looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
do just that.

This additional information will still be helpful if you try that
option and it doesn't work out:

To eliminate questions and guessing, please provide additional
information about your system.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

Perform some scans for malicious software, then fix any remaining
issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.
0
Jose
1/3/2010 5:53:22 PM
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 09:33:15 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP" <trt@void.com>
wrote:

>Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

This is not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/.

--
Remove del for email
0

>it looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
>do just that.

The above is stolen from others.

 The Real Truth  A.K.A.   P.C. Butts  A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing more than
a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains p0rn. Best to stay
away from anything that he posts (especially links)

--
Peter

"Jose" <jose_ease@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Jan 3, 11:59 am, sparky <spa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down or
> rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>
> svchost.exe error
> the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the memory
> could not be "written"
>
> can anyone help
> tks

One thing that gets looked at during shutdown is a check to see if any
MS updates need to be installed.  Sometimes this MS update mechanism
becomes fouled resulting in the svchost message.

When you see the messgae what are the options and what do you choose?
If you don't do anything, does the system eventually shutdown?

Once we get more information and check some basics, we can then figure
out what is causing the problem and fix it.

It looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
do just that.

This additional information will still be helpful if you try that
option and it doesn't work out:

To eliminate questions and guessing, please provide additional
information about your system.

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

Perform some scans for malicious software, then fix any remaining
issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

0
Peter
1/4/2010 12:46:52 AM
>from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down or
>rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>
>svchost.exe error
>the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the memory
>could not be "written"
>
>can anyone help
>tks

You could try the following hotfix :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897571
Don't be fooled by the date, the hotfix will install svchost.exe
version 5.1.2600.5689 which is newer than what is in SP3.
0
Thee
1/4/2010 2:22:31 AM
On Jan 3, 7:46=A0pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jose
>
> >it looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
> >do just that.
>
> The above is stolen from others.
>
> =A0The Real Truth =A0A.K.A. =A0 P.C. Butts =A0A.K.A. Christopher Butts is=
 nothing more than
> a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains p0rn. Bes=
t to stay
> away from anything that he posts (especially links)
>
> --
> Peter

Yeah, thanks - I know those stories....  I looked at his solution(s)
and it looks reasonable and harmless.  I don't know about all the
stuff though.  That site does not scare me.   Maybe other people have
had issues with it.  Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,

After we get the msinfo32, scan results and other questions answered,
we can fix this right up straight away.

0
Jose
1/4/2010 12:45:35 PM
Everything on my site is SAFE, HARMLESS, and NOT stolen. Peter Foldes is a
troll who just jumped on the bandwagon with others to try to be part of the
"group". Since he thinks its stolen ask him where and who it is stolen from
and see if you get a straight answer from him.

your time.

On Jan 3, 7:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jose
>
> >it looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
> >do just that.
>
> The above is stolen from others.
>
> The Real Truth A.K.A. P.C. Butts A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing more
> than
> a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains p0rn. Best
> to stay
> away from anything that he posts (especially links)
>
> --
> Peter

Yeah, thanks - I know those stories....  I looked at his solution(s)
and it looks reasonable and harmless.  I don't know about all the
stuff though.  That site does not scare me.   Maybe other people have
had issues with it.  Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,

After we get the msinfo32, scan results and other questions answered,
we can fix this right up straight away.

0
The
1/4/2010 11:46:54 PM
What's the "real truth" about pcbutts1?  Read on...

.. Is he an MS MVP? No!
cf. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx

.. If xxx.ms-mvp.org redirects to xxx.pcbutts1.com, why didn't he post that
link to begin with?

.. Is he a proven thief?  Yes!
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security.virus/browse_frm/thread/58e6c02dbc6279ad
cf.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2006/11/10/pcbutts1-_2E00__2E00_.-the-saga-continues-_2E00__2E00__2E00_.aspx
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security.homeusers/msg/213247814fb4d61e
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security.homeusers/msg/e19fce884897662f

.. What do real experts have to say about him?  It ain't pretty.

  http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/pcbutts1.com (Reviews)

  http://www.digg.com/security/PCButts1_Under_Attack

  http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/pcbutts1.com

  http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/PCBUTTS.TXT

  http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pcbutts1.com

  http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.ms-mvp.org

.. Does he have all his marbles?
cf. http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/NASA_van_rolls_off_California_mountain

Ignore this MVP imposter!
--
~Robear Dyer
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client

The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Everything on my site is SAFE, HARMLESS, and NOT stolen. Peter Foldes is a
> troll who just jumped on the bandwagon with others to try to be part of
> the
> "group". Since he thinks its stolen ask him where and who it is stolen
> from
> and see if you get a straight answer from him.

0
PA
1/5/2010 1:33:21 AM
Jose wrote:
> On Jan 3, 7:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Jose
>>
>>> it looks like the post/link/download from The Real Truth attempts to
>>> do just that.
>>
>> The above is stolen from others.
>>
>> The Real Truth A.K.A. P.C. Butts A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing
>> more than
>> a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains
>> p0rn. Best to stay away from anything that he posts (especially
>> links)

> Yeah, thanks - I know those stories....  I looked at his solution(s)
> and it looks reasonable and harmless.  I don't know about all the
> stuff though.  That site does not scare me.   Maybe other people have
> had issues with it.  Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,

One issue is that his HOSTS file prevents connection to reputable Web
pages. That is evidence enough for me that he should be shunned.
Stealing code from others and claiming it to be his own is also
shameful.

0
Daave
1/5/2010 1:51:23 AM
The fact that you keep referring to me as "him" is proof enough that don't
know what you are talking about.

your time.

"Daave" <daave@example.com> wrote in message
> Jose wrote:
>> On Jan 3, 7:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Jose

>>> The above is stolen from others.
>>>
>>> The Real Truth A.K.A. P.C. Butts A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing
>>> more than
>>> a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains
>>> p0rn. Best to stay away from anything that he posts (especially
>>> links)
>
>> Yeah, thanks - I know those stories....  I looked at his solution(s)
>> and it looks reasonable and harmless.  I don't know about all the
>> stuff though.  That site does not scare me.   Maybe other people have
>> had issues with it.  Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,
>
> One issue is that his HOSTS file prevents connection to reputable Web
> pages. That is evidence enough for me that he should be shunned. Stealing
> code from others and claiming it to be his own is also shameful.

0
The
1/5/2010 2:30:27 AM
The question that was asked was to post proof like who and where you think
my file are stolen from. Why do you always dodge that question. It seems
that would be the easiest way to prove your lies.

your time.

> What's the "real truth" about pcbutts1?  Read on...
>
> . Is he an MS MVP? No!
> cf. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
>
> . If xxx.ms-mvp.org redirects to xxx.pcbutts1.com, why didn't he post that
> link to begin with?
>
> . Is he a proven thief?  Yes!
> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security.virus/browse_frm/thread/58e6c02dbc6279ad
> cf.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2006/11/10/pcbutts1-_2E00__2E00_.-the-saga-continues-_2E00__2E00__2E00_.aspx
> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security.homeusers/msg/213247814fb4d61e
> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security.homeusers/msg/e19fce884897662f
>
> . What do real experts have to say about him?  It ain't pretty.
>
>  http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/pcbutts1.com (Reviews)
>
>  http://www.digg.com/security/PCButts1_Under_Attack
>
>  http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/pcbutts1.com
>
>  http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/PCBUTTS.TXT
>
>  http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pcbutts1.com
>
>  http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.ms-mvp.org
>
> . Does he have all his marbles?
> cf. http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/NASA_van_rolls_off_California_mountain
>
> Ignore this MVP imposter!
> --
> ~Robear Dyer
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/robear.dyer
>

> The Real Truth MVP wrote:
>> Everything on my site is SAFE, HARMLESS, and NOT stolen. Peter Foldes is
>> troll who just jumped on the bandwagon with others to try to be part of
>> the
>> "group". Since he thinks its stolen ask him where and who it is stolen
>> from
>> and see if you get a straight answer from him.

0
The
1/5/2010 2:37:04 AM
Daave wrote:
> Jose wrote:
>> On Jan 3, 7:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Jose

>>> The above is stolen from others.
>>>
>>> The Real Truth A.K.A. P.C. Butts A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing
>>> more than
>>> a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains
>>> p0rn. Best to stay away from anything that he posts (especially
>>> links)
>
>> Yeah, thanks - I know those stories....  I looked at his solution(s)
>> and it looks reasonable and harmless.  I don't know about all the
>> stuff though.  That site does not scare me.   Maybe other people have
>> had issues with it.  Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,
>
> One issue is that his HOSTS file prevents connection to reputable Web
> pages. That is evidence enough for me that he should be shunned.
> Stealing code from others and claiming it to be his own is also
> shameful.

And that assumes one cares about shame.   (These days, that's becoming a bit
rarer).

0
Bill
1/5/2010 4:25:02 AM
Are you cross-dressing again, Paddy?

The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> The fact that you keep referring to me as "him" is proof enough that don't
> know what you are talking about.
>

> "Daave" <daave@example.com> wrote in message
>> Jose wrote:

>>> Yeah, thanks - I know those stories....  I looked at his solution(s)
>>> and it looks reasonable and harmless.  I don't know about all the
>>> stuff though.  That site does not scare me.   Maybe other people have
>>> had issues with it.  Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,
>>
>> One issue is that his HOSTS file prevents connection to reputable Web
>> pages. That is evidence enough for me that he should be shunned. Stealing
>> code from others and claiming it to be his own is also shameful.

0
PA
1/5/2010 6:57:24 AM
On Jan 4, 1:33=A0am, "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote:
> Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it herehttp://www.ms-mvp.org/
>
> --
> The Real Truthhttp://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not was=
te
> your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>
> "sparky" <spa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting do=
wn
> > or
> > rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>
> > svchost.exe error
> > the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the
> > memory
> > could not be "written"
>
> > can anyone help
> > tks- Hide quoted text -

Hmm interesting
Just a few days ago one PC of my friend had a svchost being infected
by a conficker virus and it can't be removed either. Have tried using
the Bit defender, McAFee, and kaspersky kido/ conficker remover tools
with futile results
Can't download or even install antivirus.....
Does this mean that this svchost is utterly corrupted that
reformattiong is the only option?
Roy
0
Roy
1/5/2010 8:15:50 AM
Roy wrote:
> On Jan 4, 1:33 am, "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote:
>> Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it herehttp://www.ms-mvp.org/
>>
>> --
>> The Real Truthhttp://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
>> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
>> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not =
waste
>> your time.
>> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>>
>> "sparky" <spa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> from time to time and more often now I have this error when shutting =
down
>>> or
>>> rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>>> svchost.exe error
>>> the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the
>>> memory
>>> could not be "written"
>>> can anyone help
>>> tks- Hide quoted text -
>=20
> Hmm interesting
> Just a few days ago one PC of my friend had a svchost being infected
> by a conficker virus and it can't be removed either. Have tried using
> the Bit defender, McAFee, and kaspersky kido/ conficker remover tools
> with futile results.
> Can't download or even install antivirus.....
> Does this mean that this svchost is utterly corrupted that
> reformatting is the only option?
> Roy

You didn't try the BitDefender (Knoppix Live) CD.. it runs in RAM,
independent of the hard drive, and if it can connect to the internet,
will update and remove all known malware.  It has trouble running on
some Dell machines, a video card incompatibility I believe, but if it
will run on the damaged machine, it will remove conficker:

Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
(using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
you think that's the problem:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list=
/

Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is available,
(though no .exe is available for BitDefender).

After the scan is run, if you elect to quarantine files, they're
quarantined to RAM and lost after you reboot.  You'll need to copy any
quarantined files to the hard drive, a thumb drive or elsewhere before
exiting.

Then run these:

Malwarebytes=A9 Corporation

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

--=20
Joe   =3Do)
0
Elmo
1/5/2010 3:20:43 PM
On Jan 4, 8:51=A0pm, "Daave" <da...@example.com> wrote:
> Jose wrote:
> > On Jan 3, 7:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Jose

> >> The above is stolen from others.
>
> >> The Real Truth A.K.A. P.C. Butts A.K.A. Christopher Butts is nothing
> >> more than
> >> a thief and a very sick individual. His site sometimes contains
> >> p0rn. Best to stay away from anything that he posts (especially
> >> links)
> > Yeah, thanks - I know those stories.... =A0I looked at his solution(s)
> > and it looks reasonable and harmless. =A0I don't know about all the
> > stuff though. =A0That site does not scare me. =A0 Maybe other people ha=
ve
> > had issues with it. =A0Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,
>
> One issue is that his HOSTS file prevents connection to reputable Web
> pages. That is evidence enough for me that he should be shunned.
> Stealing code from others and claiming it to be his own is also
> shameful.

Where can I get his HOSTS file that prevents connection to reputable
Web sites and what Web sites will I not be able to connect to if I use
it?  What do I download from his site?

I will be happy to try it.
0
Jose
1/5/2010 8:26:33 PM
On Jan 5, 3:15=A0am, Roy <royba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 4, 1:33=A0am, "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote:
>

> > Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it herehttp://www.ms-mvp.org/
>
> > --
> > The Real Truthhttp://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> > *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> > They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not w=
aste
> > your time.
> > David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>
> > "sparky" <spa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting =
down
> > > or
> > > rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>
> > > svchost.exe error
> > > the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the
> > > memory
> > > could not be "written"
>
> > > can anyone help
> > > tks- Hide quoted text -

> Hmm interesting
> Just a few days ago one PC of my friend had a svchost being infected
> by a conficker virus and it can't be removed either. Have tried using
> the Bit defender, McAFee, and kaspersky kido/ conficker remover tools
> with futile results
> Can't download or even install antivirus.....
> Does this mean that this svchost is utterly corrupted that
> reformattiong is the only option?
> Roy

Do you mean that methods you try could not remove it (not that it
could not be removed)?

If you think a file is suspicious upload it to one of these sites for
free scanning by multiple scanning tools:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en
http://www.virustotal.com/

If you are still suspicious of svchost.exe, just replace the
suspicious file.

Then, if the file is not infected, use appropriate methods to remove
any malware.

If you can't download, install or run MBAM and SAS (or any other
malicious software scanner), that is a common problem and generally
not a difficult to resolve issue.

0
Jose
1/5/2010 8:34:28 PM
Jose wrote:
> On Jan 4, 8:51 pm, "Daave" <da...@example.com> wrote:
>> Jose wrote:

>>> Yeah, thanks - I know those stories.... I looked at his solution(s)
>>> and it looks reasonable and harmless. I don't know about all the
>>> stuff though. That site does not scare me. Maybe other people have
>>> had issues with it. Shoulda kept that part of my mouth shut maybe.,
>>
>> One issue is that his HOSTS file prevents connection to reputable Web
>> pages. That is evidence enough for me that he should be shunned.
>> Stealing code from others and claiming it to be his own is also
>> shameful.
>
> Where can I get his HOSTS file that prevents connection to reputable
> Web sites and what Web sites will I not be able to connect to if I use
> it?  What do I download from his site?
>
> I will be happy to try it.

Jose, since you are clearly more advanced than the average poster here
looking for help, I doubt you would have a hard time accessing the sites
listed in his HOSTS file. That being said, you can look at the info
posted here:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2009/02/25/1673723.aspx

If you don't agree he should be shunned, I won't try to convince you.
You are of course free to think for yourself.

0
Daave
1/5/2010 11:59:42 PM
That was  a false positive you dumb idiot. You are not smart enough to try
to troll me so please stop.

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9370c12877bc6ae7abbb3ed9f33ee69173b55240f1ba2561a1b54f0d78919afe-1262751461

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/7ecea67e19a8b0b7444543a17bf1001e62f9acf4

> Jose wrote:

>>> One issue is that his HOSTS file prevents connection to reputable Web
>>> pages. That is evidence enough for me that he should be shunned.
>>> Stealing code from others and claiming it to be his own is also
>>> shameful.
>>
>> Where can I get his HOSTS file that prevents connection to reputable
>> Web sites and what Web sites will I not be able to connect to if I use
>> it?  What do I download from his site?
>>
>> I will be happy to try it.
>
> Jose, since you are clearly more advanced than the average poster here
> looking for help, I doubt you would have a hard time accessing the sites
> listed in his HOSTS file. That being said, you can look at the info posted
> here:
>
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2009/02/25/1673723.aspx
>
> If you don't agree he should be shunned, I won't try to convince you. You
> are of course free to think for yourself.

0
The
1/6/2010 4:23:10 AM
On Jan 5, 11:20=A0pm, Elmo <elmog...@xxx.invalid> wrote:
> Roy wrote:
> > On Jan 4, 1:33 am, "The Real Truth MVP" <t...@void.com> wrote:
> >> Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it herehttp://www.ms-mvp.org/
>
> >> --
> >> The Real Truthhttp://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> >> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> >> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not =
waste
> >> your time.
> >> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>
> >> "sparky" <spa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Hmm interesting
> > Just a few days ago one PC of my friend had a svchost being infected
> > by a conficker virus and it can't be removed either. Have tried using
> > the Bit defender, McAFee, and kaspersky kido/ conficker remover tools
> > with futile results.
> > Can't download or even install antivirus.....
> > Does this mean that this svchost is utterly corrupted that
> > reformatting is the only option?
> > Roy
>
> You didn't try the BitDefender (Knoppix Live) CD.. it runs in RAM,
> independent of the hard drive, and if it can connect to the internet,
> will update and remove all known malware. =A0It has trouble running on
> some Dell machines, a video card incompatibility I believe, but if it
> will run on the damaged machine, it will remove conficker:
>
> Burn BitDefender, or another program listed at the link below, to a CD
> (using a working machine) and test the infected machine with it.
> BitDefender also has a Rootkit checker on the Linux Desktop; run it if
> you think that's the problem:
>
> http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-...
>
> Download the executable rather than the .iso image, if one is available,
> (though no .exe is available for BitDefender).
>
> After the scan is run, if you elect to quarantine files, they're
> quarantined to RAM and lost after you reboot. =A0You'll need to copy any
> quarantined files to the hard drive, a thumb drive or elsewhere before
> exiting.
>
> Then run these:
>
> Malwarebytes=A9 Corporationhttp://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-=
setup.exe

> SuperAntispywarehttp://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro=
..html

> --
> Joe =A0 =3Do)- Hide quoted text -

Hhmmm, good idea Jose!
I will relay that information to my friend.....

Thanks!
Roy
0
Roy
1/6/2010 4:35:46 AM
STOP, THIEF & CROSSDRESSER!

The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> That was  a false positive you dumb idiot. You are not smart enough to try
> to troll me so please stop.
>
> http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9370c12877bc6ae7abbb3ed9f33ee69173b55240f1ba2561a1b54f0d78919afe-1262751461
>
> http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/7ecea67e19a8b0b7444543a17bf1001e62f9acf4
>

> "Daave" <daave@example.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Jose wrote:

>>> Where can I get his HOSTS file that prevents connection to reputable
>>> Web sites and what Web sites will I not be able to connect to if I use
>>> it?  What do I download from his site?
>>>
>>> I will be happy to try it.
>>
>> Jose, since you are clearly more advanced than the average poster here
>> looking for help, I doubt you would have a hard time accessing the sites
>> listed in his HOSTS file. That being said, you can look at the info
>> posted
>> here:
>>
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2009/02/25/1673723.aspx
>>
>> If you don't agree he should be shunned, I won't try to convince you. You
>> are of course free to think for yourself.

0
PA
1/6/2010 8:11:06 AM
Why do you ask to 'please stop' trolling if he's not smart enough?
"The Real Truth MVP" <trt@void.com> wrote in message
> That was  a false positive you dumb idiot. You are not smart enough to try
> to troll me so please stop.
>
> http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9370c12877bc6ae7abbb3ed9f33ee69173b55240f1ba2561a1b54f0d78919afe-1262751461
>
> http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/7ecea67e19a8b0b7444543a17bf1001e62f9acf4
>

> --
> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
> waste your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>

> "Daave" <daave@example.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Jose wrote:

>>> Where can I get his HOSTS file that prevents connection to reputable
>>> Web sites and what Web sites will I not be able to connect to if I use
>>> it?  What do I download from his site?
>>>
>>> I will be happy to try it.
>>
>> Jose, since you are clearly more advanced than the average poster here
>> looking for help, I doubt you would have a hard time accessing the sites
>> listed in his HOSTS file. That being said, you can look at the info
>> posted here:
>>
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2009/02/25/1673723.aspx
>>
>> If you don't agree he should be shunned, I won't try to convince you. You
>> are of course free to think for yourself.

0
Unknown
1/6/2010 4:51:44 PM
Tks I tried two of your tools and it seems to work fine.
You guys seem to be at war. Too bad.
Anyway you help me and I thank you.
Sparky

"The Real Truth MVP" wrote:

> Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/
>

> --
> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste
> your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>

> "sparky" <sparky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting down
> > or
> > rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
> >
> > svchost.exe error
> > the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the
> > memory
> > could not be "written"
> >
> > can anyone help
> > tks
>
> .

You're Welcome.

> Tks I tried two of your tools and it seems to work fine.
> You guys seem to be at war. Too bad.
> Anyway you help me and I thank you.
> Sparky
>
> "The Real Truth MVP" wrote:
>
>> Try my Svchosts Fix tool. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/
>>

>> --
>> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
>> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
>> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
>> waste
>> your time.
>> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>>

>> "sparky" <sparky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > from time to time and more often now i have this error when shutting
>> > down
>> > or
>> > rebooting just after windows post the shutting down message
>> >
>> > svchost.exe error
>> > the instruction at "0x10003d58" referenced memory at 0x10003d58. the
>> > memory
>> > could not be "written"
>> >
>> > can anyone help
>> > tks
>>
>> .

0
The

Tracking Down Print Errors
Hello All, I have a wierd error that I am getting with opportunities. When I go into opportunities and view a record I wish to print, I am getting an error message. I can successfully print the entire list of opportunities in CRM, but if I open one opportunity, then click print, I get an error stating "This Form has been changed and must be saved before printing." I have SAVED the record multiple times and I still cannot print. Any ideas why this would be? TIA for your help. Joe ...

RpC Error
On my Exchange 5.5 server, which was recently upgraded to windows w2k server, has started getting this error The RPC service has terminated suddenly. But the machine does do a force reboot like Windows XP does with the Blaster Worm with the same error. It makes Exchange kicked everyone to offline folders and then it needs to be restarted completely. This happens at a minimum of once a day Blaster also affects Windows 2000. Use this article to verify that it is/isn't the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826955 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provi...

Svchost memory problem
From the Event Log: "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: DVR.exe (5368) consumed 1064644608 bytes, svchost.exe (896) consumed 703098880 bytes, and svchost.exe (1144) consumed 88264704 bytes" DVR.exe is my CCTV software application and with 4GB ram I'm happy for it to hog 1GB, I have nothing else running so what's with multiple occurrences of svchost using the best part of a gig of memory? its windows services install win7 linux or macosx hacked "Justin Credible&...

Runtime error when trying to save Excel 2000 worksheet from VB app
I have a VB 6.0 application that creates reports using Excel 2000. The application has been working fine but recently I installed it on a new hard drive (same configuration) and now I get a run time error every time I try to save the excel report. The error is: Runtime error '1004'. "Unable to set the CenterHeader Property of the Page Setup class." Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?! ...

Error Code 8004888d
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Have been sing windows live messenger for years with no problem. Suddenly it (almost) freezes when I try to log on and then wont let me sign in. "Signing in to windows Live Messenger failed becasue the dervice is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later - Error code: 8004888d" The service is available because I still have no problem signing in at any other computer. I saw some (old) "fixes" on google, all of which I tried and none work. Needless to mention, no help from Microsoft. Anyone any ideas ? Thanks...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

Why do I get ERROR <<HQMessageServer>> 3285 Item not found in col.
any clues? Would help a lot! Dan Sounds like a store may have created an item locally. Can you give some more details about when the error occurs? I'm guessing that it's showing up in HQ Client - is it at one store or multiple stores? -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFCAC371-38BE-4B97...

Public folder contact-error viewing calendar activities
Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with people's tasks and calendars set to link to the Activities in these folders. This works ok apart from one user's calendar. Tasks works fine but if you go to the contact, Activities tab, the following message is displayed: "Outlook cannot display this view. The contacts folder could not be found." The calendar link is in place, and the permission is set to Editor (as is the Tasks folder). Can anyone help please? Alison wrote: > Hi. We have several Contacts folders under Public folders, with > people&...

mnyppc05.exe Installation
I receive this message when I try to install the application: "Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Make at least 1183KB free disk space available and then try running Setup again. Error 101." This is on a drive with 8.03 GB of free space. Someone needs to check their coding I think. Any suggestions...? Thank you. Peter In microsoft.public.money, Peter wrote: >I receive this message when I try to install the application: > >"Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Make >at least 1183KB free di...

Outlook, IMAP, and AOL errors
I have a customer that refuses to let go of AOL. Anyway, I have the AOL configured using IMAP in Outlook and I get 2 error messages every time she opens up Outlook. "Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: 270 (1032) that mail is not currently available" and "Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: 258 (1032) that mail is not currently available" Now reading through several forums, I've come to the determination that these are two corrupt messages she has on AOL's servers, but I can't identify which messages they are. I t...

High CPU & RAM utilization by inetinfo.exe & store.exe
I'm running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 sp4, my server recently have extremely high CPU & RAM utilization, resulting very slow response for the users. I've tried restarting the server for a couple of times, but the rates soared back to the top levels very soon. Please help. Thanks. High RAM usage by store is normal and expected. OTOH, high CPU for inetinfo is not. See http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=inetinfo+100+cpu&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3...

Error when trying to print to pdf using pdf printer on network
myHi all! I already read a lot of earlier questions on this subject, but the answers just didn't seem to help in my case. I hope one of you can help me out: Several persons will have access to my database. When they have added the network pdf printer (called "PDFCreator") they should be able to print single records as pdf documents. However, the button I've added to make this possible, does not work. Literally, it contains the following code: '**************************** Private Sub btnPrintAlsPDF_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnPrintAlsPDF_Click Dim strDocNa...

error LNK2005:
Hi , I have one header file conatins the declarations of some golbal variables in my project ////////Global_Variables.h extern CMapStringToPtr chat; extern CMapStringToPtr onlineUsers; extern CMapStringToPtr conferenceMessages; extern CMapStringToPtr conferenceFiles; extern CMapStringToPtr conferences; extern CString colors[]; extern int last_color; I am including this header file in the following cpp files:: GlobalFunctions.cpp Join_Conference.cpp Close_Conference.cpp ...etc And I defined those variables in --ChatServer.cpp ---------as CMapStringToPtr chat; CMapStringToPtr onlineUs...

Help Files Internet Explorer Script Error
In Publisher Help, when I click on a link in "Troubleshoot background and foreground pages," I get an Internet Explorer Script Error - "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 1, Char: 1, Object doesn't support this property or method, Code 0, mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft% 20Office\Office\1033 \pub6.chm::/pub9html/pbmnulCONTNT2015.HTM, Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No." After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Roy Steinmetz <rasteinmetzXSPAM@hotmail.com>... > In ...

Runaway svchost.exe
Hi; Over the weekend I got hit with the lsas.blaster virus. I used malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, and CCleaner and it appeared to remove the infection. However, my pc is now a snail. I have an instance of svchost.exe that is just churning - using up 93-99% cpu. Killing the process forces a restart. Killing the child processes using Process Explorer totally freezes the machine. When I start up in Safe mode, that instance disappears. I'm stumped. How can I find out what is looping and stop it from calling svchost.exe? I'd really hate to have to wipe the drive and do ...

compile error in module
I have a short cut on two computers that goto my excel2002 speadsheet o a third computer. I have a commandbutton on the spreadsheet to open a filedialaog; module4 general _OpenFiledialogWindow Sub OpenFiledialogWindow() Dim fd As FileDialog Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) fd.InitialFileName = "\\greg\greg\bids\" fd.Show End Sub One computer with the shortcut works fine, but the other returns a error; Compile error: User-Defined type not defined Any help would be appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think you need to...

Error after updating contact form
Responsible for MSCRM tried to add a field to the contact form. Then we got error message and can't open the conact at all. Then the added field was removed, but there still error. Error message: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------- Error: Invalid object name 'Contact'. Error Message: Invalid object name 'Contact'. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: a...

Saving EXE in Outlook 2003
When I try to save exe files from emails in outlook 2003 it says blocking of exe attachments is enabled for added security, what do i have to do to disable it? thanks Information about the security features is at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm and you can use attachments options from www.slovaktech.com to get them off. "Creative Door" <Private@email.com> wrote in message news:errMwlP4DHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I try to save exe files from emails in outlook 2003 it says blocking > of > exe attachments is enabled for added securi...

Outlook.exe /ResetNavPane
Why oh why must I have to do this every so often with Office 2007 to get it to open? What's the cause of the problem? What does ResetNavPane do? /resetnavpane Clears and regenerates the Navigation Pane for the current profile. Removes all Shortcuts and Favorite Folders. Has the same effect as deleting profilename.xml in your user directory. What add-ins do you have? are you using any sync software? "smcpartlin" <smcpartlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2AC4A81-1D12-46AF-BCCE-EC568BC8ED27@microsoft.com... > Why oh why must I...

Quotes
Hello All, We continue to get an unhandled execution error when trying to close a quote. For example, the quote is created, activated, then closed. I posted the details of the error below. =================================== Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution o...

Downloading bank statements and date format error???
Just installed Money2005 and when I try to download my financial statement it gives me an error that the date format of the downloaded file is incorrect. It worked perfectly in M2004 and never gave me this error? I changed the date format through the control panel and downloaded using other format on website instead of money format and it works but is a hassle. Also I am Canadian and had to change to US English settings on my computer to get the correct date format which is annoying. Anyone have any ideas of a better fix???? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Wags wrote: >Just instal...

Error ox800cccoe
HI! I can receive emails; but sending emails I get an error ox800cccoe. Can you please give me a list of things to try? Many Thanks, kidsis78734 Hi, The problem you are describing can be caused if certain anti-virus software is installed on your machine. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 820670.KB.EN-US, 0x800ccc19 or 0x800cccoe Error Message When You Send E-Mail You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;820670 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Micr...

cpu usage/mapisp32.exe
seems like this executable is linked my cpu usage going to 100% and slowing everything else down. This is an outlook executable is it not? Any advice? When exactly is this happening? Other than that post more info like Outlook version, mail service being used (Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, other...) and the steps you took already to try to resolve the problem. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive ...

svchost
Hello, I have Windows Server 2003 Enterprise running on a two node cluster. Recently, the main node used to stop and restart. In attempt to monitor, I have observed that one of the services running under svchost constantly consumes around 50% of processor power. I have downloaded and ran Process Explorer of Sysinternals. In the Threads tab of the process properties, I noticed that one thread is what causes that. How can I explain this? I want to know why it is happening that way. Regards Yba ...

GOTO Sub error
I have a form with a sub form. First I do a search to find the correct record. When I try to enter info in the subform after that I get the error GOTO sub error. Any suggestions. "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9495FD4-1AE4-491B-8017-0E58178798C3@microsoft.com... >I have a form with a sub form. First I do a search to find the correct > record. When I try to enter info in the subform after that I get the > error > GOTO sub error. Any suggestions. What's the error number? In VBA code, the only GoTo should...