Start Button

Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.

How to get it back to lower left, please

Thanks
--
Roger

"rogeepete" <arebarr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.
>
> How to get it back to lower left, please
>
> Thanks
> --
> Roger

Put mouse cursor on it and click and hold then drag it back down to bottom

On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:41:01 -0700, rogeepete <arebarr@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.
>
>How to get it back to lower left, please

Have you tried looking at this site?

http://tinyurl.com/37t2uxy
--
Alto
Central Coast

> "rogeepete" <arebarr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.
>>
>> How to get it back to lower left, please
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Roger
>
> Put mouse cursor on it and click and hold then drag it back down to
> bottom

Put mouse cursor on an empty part of the taskbar, not on the Start button.
0
Doum
5/24/2010 3:41:43 AM
Alto <alto@invalid.invalid> �crivait

> On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:41:01 -0700, rogeepete <arebarr@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.
>>
>>How to get it back to lower left, please
>
> Have you tried looking at this site?
>
> <snip>

Could you post the real link, please?

0
Doum
5/24/2010 4:05:51 AM
On Sun, 23 May 2010 20:41:43 -0700, Doum <me@domain.net> wrote:

>"W****n S." <Thisisnotreal@guess.com> �crivait
>

>> "rogeepete" <arebarr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.
>>>
>>> How to get it back to lower left, please
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --
>>> Roger
>>
>> Put mouse cursor on it and click and hold then drag it back down to
>> bottom
>>

>Put mouse cursor on an empty part of the taskbar, not on the Start button.

If it won't move, right click on a vacant space on the taskbar and
untick "Lock the taskbar". When it is back where you want it, retick
"Lock the taskbar".

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
"rogeepete" <arebarr@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.
> How to get it back to lower left, please

The "Drag 'n' Drop" metaphor has apparently become so ubiquitous that people
don't even realize they're using it anymore.

0
Greg
5/24/2010 5:34:43 AM
"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> If it won't move, right click on a vacant space on the taskbar and
> untick "Lock the taskbar". When it is back where you want it, retick
> "Lock the taskbar".

So you really believe the  OP is sufficiemtly moronic to have originally
dragged the taskbar to the left side and locked it without knowing anything
about it? Or do you really believe  that the O$ is sufficiently moronic to
do that for the OP?

You might be right; who knows? It's got to be one or the other, though.

0
Greg
5/24/2010 6:04:15 AM
First ensure that "Lock The taskbar" option is not checked. You can see this option when you right click on taskbar.
After that, click on your taskbar and drag it to the bottom of the screen and you should be able to see what you want.

Hope this helps.

rogeepete wrote:

Start Button
23-May-10

Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.

How to get it back to lower left, please

Thanks
--
Roger

Entity Framework 4.0 POCO-First development and POCO Template
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/488279c4-214b-47ef-b152-955f3795ee13/entity-framework-40-poco.aspx
0
Ramu
5/24/2010 6:56:27 AM
In news:201052425624techibee.author@gmail.com,
Ramu Soft <Ramu Soft> typed:

> First ensure that "Lock The taskbar" option is not checked.

Why? WTF are you even asking?

0
Greg
5/24/2010 7:54:53 AM
wrote:

> Has migrated to top  left of screen, along with task bar.
>
> How to get it back to lower left, please

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

By the way, with today's wide-screen monitors, I prefer the task bar
on the left or right side of the screen. I think that makes a better
use of screen real estate than having it at the bottom.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken

Starting up on start-up help!

Where the send later button?
Hello, I am new to Outlook and I am regular user of OE mainly. Due to heavy volume of emails I have to shift to O2003 which is on the PC and not being used. I cannot find the 'send later' button on the software! There is only 'send'. I am on a dial up connection and thus how can I type emails and then press 'send later' and then send all emails in one go. How can this be done? Thanks for your replies. When sending when not connected the message will be queued in the Outbox folder. To set an actual date press the Options button when composing. -- Robert Sparnaai...

Deleting "Suggested Sites" Button
How can I permanently delete the "Suggested Sites" button from the IE8 toolbar? Frequently the button returns to the favorites bar even though I previously delete it. -- Jim Benet Hi Jim, Try, Display the Favorites bar (Ctrl+Shift+I) and pin it to the side (for the time being). Drag and Drop the Suggested Sites Web slice from the 'Favorites Bar' to the Favorites Pane to move it from the Favorites Bar. On the Favorites Pane select the Suggest Sites link you just dropped there and right click to display the context menu. Select Delete. You will s...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

Submit button to email
Hello everyone, I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. Create a report based on the current record and then use SendObject to send the e-mail. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "shwinn" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data > entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. ...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Remove Options under Account Actions Button
Can anyone tell me how I can hide specific items under the Account > (Actions Button) for example remove "Delete Account" from the drop down menu? Hi, Remove the rights of deletion of Account from the roles and "Delete Account" button will disappear. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Sixty4" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can hide specific items under the Account > > (Actions Button)...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...

Starting a new paragraph within a cell
How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again within the cell. Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell. Kath firman wrote: > How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list > 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a > list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again > within th...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

"Next" button for reading NG from Internet
I am using Microsoft's site to read the posts in NG. (http://www.microsoft.com/office/community). There is a minor problem which wastes time. After reading a post, in order to read next one, I have to go back to previous page and click the next post. However if there could be a "Next" button in the end of posts, upon reading a post, it could be easier to go to next post. If possible please add a "Next" button to the end of posts in your NG site. Thanks in advance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions ...

CD does not start
After installing XP on a new disk everything appeared normal. I was able to install a few applications from their cds. Then I attempted to install an application from a downloaded file, but it did not work. So I installed MS frame works and windows installer. Then I was able to install the application from the downloaded file. When I attempted to install another application from its cd (with autorun), nothing happened, namely it fail to start. If I force the setup.exe from Explorer, the error message shows up: "the application configuration is incorrect". Thinking for...

To resize the font on the buttons in MFC GUI, Windows CE
I have a GUI written in MFC for a Windows CE device. However I need to resize some of the buttons and their corresponding text. I can't figure out how to change font size. The following code fragments did not help: Trial 1: *CFont fnt2; fnt2.CreateFont(10, 0, 0, 0, FW_NORMAL, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, ANSI_CHARSET, OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH, L"MS Shell Dlg"); m_btnForceAnalog.SetFont(&fnt2); fnt2.Detach(); Trial 2: LOGFONT lf; memset(&lf,0,sizeof(LOGFONT)); lf.lfHeight = 5; // Request a 100-pixel-height font // D...

Money 2007 tries to update on each start
On each start up, Money 2007 advises that in order to run properly an update to Money 2007 is necessary. When I click OK it downloads files and again I click to start the upgrade. After a few minutes the update completes and a dialog box advises that I should restart Money and if it will not open properly I should restart my computer. I do so and all seems to be OK, but on starting money the update dialog box is back. I checked the Money folder and the update log shows that the update completed. So how do I stop the annoying update dialog box from displaying on each start? "GWL&qu...

To identify fields / button of another application using MFC
Hi, I need some MFC written code that can control another application. Its like - I need to write an application that can identify another application running on the system and then identify their Fields so i can put in text into the fields and click on the buttons. Similar to what a record and playback automation tool can do (you show the tool where the fields are and what to put and where toclick - he tool will do it automatically) eg : the code shud be able to identify that the calulator application is running - so he types in the values : 2 , presses the button '+' and typ...

What is the main thing to remember to get started in EXCEL?
What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? Just remember that Excel is not a database, though it can do some database functions, and it is not a word processor, though it can do some word processing functions. Get a good book - one by John Walkenbach would be a good choice: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Mr.Harrison" <Mr.Harrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3796CE4E-1D28-4BDD-9D8F-E378C10F892F@microsoft.com... > What are some tips to make Excel easier to understand and employ? if you spen...

Outlook 2007 won't start, message, can't start microsoft office o.
I run Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 just quit working. The error message is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I have had a similar problem because I keep my pst file on a network share so I can use it with my roaming profile, and sometimes the network share goes awol.... To reset the outlook window run 'outlook.exe /resetnavpane' at the command prompt. "Tony Wybrow" wrote: > I run Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 just quit working. The error message is: > Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook w...

Add 31 records w/ consecutive dates w/ command button?
Thank you for any help! I’ve read the forums and don’t understand most of the postings since I don’t know how to program code. I have an Access ‘03 DB with “Tbl Volunteer Opportunities” that has a field named [Date]. The events we track occur daily for about three months into the future. It’s tedious entering each date individually. I added a command button and, when clicked, would like for it to automatically add one new record for each new day of the next month (or just 31 days out). I know how to get to the Private Sub Command for the button but that’s as far as I can ge...

Pagination Buttons
On a 20 page publication that I do monthly I lost the page buttons that allow me to move from 1 page the next. Using Pub. 2002. VIEW-Status doesn't make it come back. HELP PLEASE! Thanks, Harv Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from Harvey Segal <Hisegal@comcast.net>. On it is written: > On a 20 page publication that I do monthly I lost the > page buttons that allow me to move from 1 page the next. > Using Pub. 2002. > > VIEW-Status doesn't make it come back. HELP PLEASE! Try maximizing your window. Failing that, unti...

Publisher won't start from Start menu
Its happened before and I can't remember how it was put right (by a nice lady on here if I recall) but I double click my shortcut for Publisher in the Start menu, and...nothing. I have to go into C:\Program Files\office to click on the thumbnail thedre before it'll work. Anyone know how to fix this ? Right click MSPub.exe, Drag the Publisher icon from the Program Files to the desktop or Quick Launch, click "Create shortcut here". -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33526F5B-7319-4771-8E3D-4E937F...

MS Wordmail could not be started
hi, I try to reply or send a new message and I get the following warning: Microsoft wordmail could not be started. Try one of the following: close any open dialog boxes in Word. make sure word is installed... and.... close other programs and try again. I have all other programs closed, only outlook open, and word is installed and runs well, this problem is not occurring all the time but I can see no difference between what I am doing when it works and when it doesn't. thanks for a positive reply grant. Grant, please let us know what Operating System and versions of O...