Stack overflow question

Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of
Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack
Overflow at Line: 31".  When I click OK the page finishes loading
fine.

Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Running:

<<< System Summary >>>
  > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc.
  > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M
  > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V
  > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz
  > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
  > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
  > Hard Disk : ST3160815AS (160 GB)
  > DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH15F
  > Monitor Type : L1975NW - 19 inches
  > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600
Service Pack 3
  > DirectX : Version 9.0c

All that was running other then virus and 2 instance of Internet
Explorer was what Windows itself had running in background.

TIA

0
kraut

kraut wrote:
> Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of
> Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack
> Overflow at Line: 31".  When I click OK the page finishes loading
> fine.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is going on?

The "stack" is an area of RAM for temporary storage of the variables in the
registers and other things; eg, when a program "calls" a subroutine a value
is pushed onto the stack; when the subroutine terminates, the "return"
removes the variable pushed by the call and program execution resumes at
that address.

If a stack overflows, something is trying to store too many variables there.
Another possible cause is not removing previously stored values.  In either
case, it is due to poor programming and there is nothing you can do about
it.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH
8/9/2010 2:24:48 PM
kraut wrote:
> Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of
> Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack
> Overflow at Line: 31".  When I click OK the page finishes loading
> fine.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is going on?

<snip>

> All that was running other then virus and 2 instance of Internet
> Explorer was what Windows itself had running in background.

Not necessarily, Facebook might well have been running scripts.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH
8/9/2010 2:26:51 PM
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:24:48 -0400, "dadiOH" <dadiOH@invalid.com>
wrote:

>> Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of
>> Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack
>> Overflow at Line: 31".  When I click OK the page finishes loading
>> fine.
>>
>> Any suggestions as to what is going on?
>
>The "stack" is an area of RAM for temporary storage of the variables in the
>registers and other things; eg, when a program "calls" a subroutine a value
>is pushed onto the stack; when the subroutine terminates, the "return"
>removes the variable pushed by the call and program execution resumes at
>that address.
>
>If a stack overflows, something is trying to store too many variables there.
>Another possible cause is not removing previously stored values.  In either
>case, it is due to poor programming and there is nothing you can do about
>it.

Thanks for the reply.  Thought maybe it was something wrong on my end
but I never have had problems running anything else.  Just on
Facebook.

0
kraut

userform question
Hello, I am a novice to VBA and Userforms and I'm stuck. Please help? I have a userform which populates an annual 'orders worksheet' using VBA with date, customer, product, and location. Using named ranges from 'customersdb' worksheet I am able to fill the sources for each combobox on form except the locations. Some customers (col B) may have one or up to six locations (Cols C:H). These locations listed on customersdb WS are in multiple columns but are in the same row associated with the customer. Col ___ B_________ C _______ D _____...

Stacked bars with textlegends in each stacked bar
Hi Group I wonder if this can be done. Data like this A | 0 | 3 B | 3 | 0 C | 2 | 3 1' column is legend 2' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "1" (first stacked bar) on the X axis) 3' column is values to Y axis (this shoul have "2" (second stacked bar) on the X axis) Here I would like to have 2 stacked bars Each have legend inside bar IF value is more than 0 That would say in this case ___ ___ | | | | A | | B |___| |___| | | | C | | C | | 1 2 Hobe I explained so that you guys undetstand :-) cheers ...

Stacked column with line chart
I have a chart which shows units gained above the axis, units disposed of in a column under the axis and net units as a line. I have trend lines on 3 months average for both the units gained and disposed of. I am now being asked to show units massed moved under the line stacked on the diposal units. How do I accomplish this? I looked for a custom graph in Excel and cannot find one to do what I want. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Draw your own custom chart. For an existing chart, right click on it, select Source Data from the pop up menu, and click...

Conditional Formatting Question #3
I don't know if this can even be done in Excel, and if it can, I don't have a clue on how to do it, so I am asking the experts. I have a rather extensive workbook that I use to configure Project Server settings. One page contains the security templates, which consists of columns of data with the words "Yes" or "No" entered in text. What I would like to do is have conditional formatting that would change the cell background color if Yes changes to No or vice versa, but otherwise, stay white. In other words, if the data in the cell changes, change the background c...

question
got similar question here. In MFC SDI, how to display content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer (1024*512) on screen?. yimi wrote: > got similar question here. > In MFC SDI, how to display > content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer > (1024*512) on screen?. > You can make in into a bitmap with CreateDIBSection and paint the bitmap. Example at http://codeguru.earthweb.com/bitmap/DIBSectionLite.shtml -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

pivot table question
My data table has a 'costs' and 'date' column. I'm interested in getting data from the last 7 days and having it in the field list so that I can use it as part of a formula. Does anyone know how I can do this? Excel 2007 PivotTable Filter last 7 days. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_03_09a.xlsx Great. Thanks so much! ...

two offices and a single exchange server question.
I have two offices, one in Washington and one in Detroit. They are both connected to each other via a T1. Right now the washington site has the exchange server, and everyone in Detroit must connect to the server over the T1. What are my options for setting up a solution that will be faster for the Detroit group? I am running DFS right now for most other appliations, and I KNOW you can't use DFS on exchange, however, what other options do I have? I would also like to keep the e-mail addresses the same for the people in Detroit. I think we all know how much of a pain it is to change th...

out of office question
How can I customize a mailbox where the out of office message doesn't say that we are out of office I just want a mailbox to auto reply to people that send to it Like a customer service mailbox that says we have received your message and we are processing it But not for it to say out of office so customers think we are not in. Look into Mail Essentials from GFI. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D07C96-A746-47FC-A7BF-07C81F40453F@microsoft.com... > How can I customize a mailbox where the out of office message doesn't say > t...

retrieving my questions
I am still learning how to use this system to it's fullest. How can I locate the questions I have asked in the past? Is there an easy way? -- Zunibear in Montana It depends upon how you are viewing this forum. If using Outlook Express, make sure your view is set for all messages. You could then sort by "From". If you don't want to loose the threaded response view, don't sort, but you probably have a copy of any post you did in the "Sent Items" folder in Outlook Express. Look there, find the one you are interested in, and scroll to that date in the f...

NNTP Question
Hello all. I'm new to administering newsgroups on Exchange, so I'm trying to accomplish something and have no idea about how to go about it and hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Our organization has several mail distribution lists and what we would like is for when something is sent to the distribution list, it also gets added to a newsgroup on our Exchange server. Is this possible? If so, how do I link the distribution list to the newsgroup? Thanks. ...

2004 MSMoney Install questions
I just bought Money 2004 Deluxe and as I start the install, it starts installing IE 6.0 . I have and would like to keep IE 5.5 - any way around this ? IE 6 along with the additional features also seems prone to virus,spyware,hacks,bugs,crashes,etc - I have no problems with 5.5 and would like to stay at 5.5 . I aborted the install, so can you tell me any other MS "updates" they want me to install ? I currently am still at Win Media Player 6 and want to stay there too - the newer versions want to take over the PC. I prefer QT and Realplayer to WMP V7 and up. I have been using M20...

where is my question?
I placed a questions hours ago I don't find in the list How long take to appear in the list? "EdgardM" <EdgardM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9318A80-B9A5-4140-91D9-9757C7463F01@microsoft.com... > I placed a questions hours ago I don't find in the list How long take to > appear in the list? Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the horrible web interface. Use a news reader instead. Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail/Windows Live Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader....

Simple question #4
I'm relatively new to Excel and I want to creat a sheet for my expenses where I can enter a number in one column and have it subtracted from the above cell in the next column and so on, all the way down. I can do this by clicking on the bottom left of the cell and dragging it down but would like it to appear automatically. Sorry if that's not very clear. John In B1 enter the inital balance In A2 and on down enter your expenses In B2 enter: =IF(A2="","",B1-A2) and copy on down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007g "gtharwood@gmail.com" wrote: >...

Stacked charts #4
Hi I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is reached. Ex. I have a mashine that produces 1000 it's goal is 2000. The chart should then show a column that is red because it is under the goal. I also have a maschine that produces 3000 and the goal is 2000. The coloum should then change to green. Is it possible to make a chart like this in excel? Regards Ticotion On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Ticotion <Ticotion@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I want to to create a chart where the colour changes when ever a value is &...

2 questions
I have two Excel charting questions: 1. Can you make the x axis display on the right side of the chart instead of the left? (and no, the "...crosses at maximum value" checkbox does not make it do this) 2. Can you create an overlay chart with an additional axis with both data series being instacked bar format? I can create on with stacked bar and line, but not two stacked bar ones...they just stack on top instead of being two seperate ones. > 1. Can you make the x axis display on the right side of the chart instead > of > the left? (and no, the "...crosses a...

stack
Hi, I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; mytype is struct of this type: typedef struct{ int x[500]; int y[500]; long l;}mytype; what is the size of a c function stack? can I define the size of the stack? (I am using visual studio 6) Thanks. Dave wrote: > Hi, > I am writing a c application, but when I put a member inside a function I > get stack overflow, the member is an array of struct: mytype tArray[30]; > > mytype is struct of this type: typedef st...

focus question
Hi! I am developing an application for specific pda... i need to create a Software Input Panel(normally its implemented in win ce but the oem excluded it from the system)... the problem is as follows: The software keyboard is in a separate child window... no i need to be able to keep the caret on its place(on a selected editbox for example) while pressing buttons on the keyboard. Please help :) Another question is, what message do i have to send to the application in order to put/send a character to an editbox(specified by the caret). Thanx. climax! wrote: > Hi! > > I am developi...

Text Overflow
Hello, I am trying to create a page where there are 3 text boxes. If another page is needed I need for a new page to be created with the same 3 text boxes and if another page is needed etc. Here is the code I have.....but it is putting the 3 new text boxes on page 1 and creates a new blank page. What am I doing wrong? Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 12/23/2009 by Marsha ' ActiveDocument.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 72#, _ 36#, 486#, 18#).Select Selection.ShapeRange.TextFrame.TextRange.Select ...

OL 2003 Data File question
Hi. Right now I have one .pst file for my Outlook and everything runs fine. My question is this: Does Outlook 2003 run slower as the .pst data files grow larger. I have many emails I need to keep for business reasons and although it might be ok now, will my Outlook run slow, say, a year or so from now; once the .pst file has grown to say a gigabyte or more, etc.? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Andrew ...

CRM Newbie- Leads question
How do I move a lead out of my current leads view (which is a custom view I created), without having to delete it out permanently? Hi, Disqualify the Lead. The it will be moved to Closed Leads. -- Regards Ram "Killa B" wrote: > How do I move a lead out of my current leads view (which is a custom view I > created), without having to delete it out permanently? I thought that would work (I know that's how it's supposed to work), but it's not. Let me tell you that I'm running v1.2. Could that be some kind of bug? I haven't done any patches or hotfi...

Question
Hi, I want to create "Completed: # of # -Total Questions" I created two text box txt_completed: If([Completed] like "Yes", =Count([Yes]) txt_Total: If([Completed] like "Yes" or "NO",=Count([Completed]) ="Completed: " & [txt_completed] & " of " & [txt_total] I want to know if there is a better way of doing this. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3dd0740c-0d4f-426c-819a-b9e3538829b4@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want to creat...

Strange bullet question
I'm getting a very odd error, I've tried reinstalling Word 2007 but to no avail. When I open documents which I've previously created which have bullet points (regular ones) they have turned into arrows. However, when I open that SAME document on another PC they remain as regular bullet points. There is another more serious problem with the inbuilt equation editor throwing up weird symbols on the PC it was made on, but not another another PC running word - the SAME document. (I.e. works when opened on other PCs) So there's clearly a problem with my Word set...

Question on Transactions for Allen Browne
Hi Allen, I was trying to troubleshoot an issue I was having with a Transaction, and came accross your guide http://allenbrowne.com/ser-37.html The problem I was having was an error 3034 when trying to Rollback a failed transaction. The resolution to my problem was to change the order of my exit routine to rollback the transaction before setting the db=Nothing code, but I see your code has it as I originally did - ie. Set db=Nothing before the Rollback. This failed the rollback with the above error (3034). It makes sense in hindsight that the database object should be ope...

Stacked Chart
Hey everyone, Does anyone know if there is a way to get a stacked chart side by side? For example, you have airplanes, cars and trains on the x axis and values of 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. I know you can have all these values in one bar but is it possible to have two stacked bars for one x-value? For example, for airplanes, you have one bar with 2005 and 2006 and a bar next to it with the 2007 and 2008 values. Thanks, appreciate your help. Try one or more of these links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP...