SP3 update not showing | Ok to delete wrong email client?

[MS WinXP Home 2002 -  SP3; OE 6; IE 8; MS Office Pro; Avast Antivir Free;
Dell Dimension XPS T448MHz Pentium III; 640 MB RAM; high speed cable;
Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader 8; Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex..]

Hello again!  New 2 little problems?:

(1)  I had installed successfully Windows XP SP3.  When it offered an
update, the first one, and I ran it by placing the Office XP
Professional...CD which it asked for, BUT, it doesn't show it under the
Windows Updates in add/remove.  Did I do something wrong?  Windows isn't
showing anymore on my Taskbar the offer to update....

(2)  When I finished the above update, my computer instantly froze.  I
rebooted and found on my Taskbar the "Outlook" icon instead of my "Outlook
Express".  I was able to get OE back, but  Is it okay to delete the
"Outlook" icon from the Taskbar?

Thanks so much for your valuable suggestions!   :o)          Adela

P.S.  Thank goodness that this newsgroup is still on....Don't know when it
will disappear as all the others did.  I had a problem downloading the
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
but I'll try again.   :^)  and/or try also the other suggested sites.

0
Adela

Adela wrote:
> [MS WinXP Home 2002 -  SP3; OE 6; IE 8; MS Office Pro; Avast Antivir Free;
> Dell Dimension XPS T448MHz Pentium III; 640 MB RAM; high speed cable;
> Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader 8; Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex..]
>

> Hello again!  New 2 little problems?:
>
> (1)  I had installed successfully Windows XP SP3.  When it offered an
> update, the first one, and I ran it by placing the Office XP
> Professional...CD which it asked for, BUT, it doesn't show it under the
> Windows Updates in add/remove.  Did I do something wrong?  Windows isn't
> showing anymore on my Taskbar the offer to update....
>
> (2)  When I finished the above update, my computer instantly froze.  I
> rebooted and found on my Taskbar the "Outlook" icon instead of my "Outlook
> Express".  I was able to get OE back, but  Is it okay to delete the
> "Outlook" icon from the Taskbar?
>
> Thanks so much for your valuable suggestions!   :o)          Adela
>
> P.S.  Thank goodness that this newsgroup is still on....Don't know when it
> will disappear as all the others did.  I had a problem downloading the
> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
> but I'll try again.   :^)  and/or try also the other suggested sites.

1. Office updates should be listed under the Office component that was
updated or under the Office XP Pro heading. Key word being *should*.
If you don't remember which update(s) installed, check either the
ReportingEvents.log, located at
Windows\Software Distribution\ReportingEvents.log or the
WindowsUpdate.log, located in Windows.

2. *Right* click the Outlook shortcut on the Taskbar, choose Properties.
Does Target: specify the path to Outlook or Outlook Express?

In either case it should be safe to delete the extraneous shortcut since
you stated that Outlook is not installed.

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen
7/13/2010 3:14:27 PM
Thank you MowGreen for helping me resolve the 2 items!  :o)          Adela

"MowGreen" <mowgreen@nowandzen.com> wrote in message
> Adela wrote:
>> [MS WinXP Home 2002 -  SP3; OE 6; IE 8; MS Office Pro; Avast Antivir
>> Free;
>> Dell Dimension XPS T448MHz Pentium III; 640 MB RAM; high speed cable;
>> Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader 8; Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex..]
>>

>> Hello again!  New 2 little problems?:
>>
>> (1)  I had installed successfully Windows XP SP3.  When it offered an
>> update, the first one, and I ran it by placing the Office XP
>> Professional...CD which it asked for, BUT, it doesn't show it under the
>> Windows Updates in add/remove.  Did I do something wrong?  Windows isn't
>> showing anymore on my Taskbar the offer to update....
>>
>> (2)  When I finished the above update, my computer instantly froze.  I
>> rebooted and found on my Taskbar the "Outlook" icon instead of my
>> "Outlook
>> Express".  I was able to get OE back, but  Is it okay to delete the
>> "Outlook" icon from the Taskbar?
>>
>> Thanks so much for your valuable suggestions!   :o)          Adela
>>
>> P.S.  Thank goodness that this newsgroup is still on....Don't know when
>> it
>> will disappear as all the others did.  I had a problem downloading the
>> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
>> but I'll try again.   :^)  and/or try also the other suggested sites.
>>

> 1. Office updates should be listed under the Office component that was
> updated or under the Office XP Pro heading. Key word being *should*.
> If you don't remember which update(s) installed, check either the
> ReportingEvents.log, located at
> Windows\Software Distribution\ReportingEvents.log or the
> WindowsUpdate.log, located in Windows.
>
> 2. *Right* click the Outlook shortcut on the Taskbar, choose Properties.
> Does Target: specify the path to Outlook or Outlook Express?
>
> In either case it should be safe to delete the extraneous shortcut since
> you stated that Outlook is not installed.
>

> MowGreen
> ================
>  *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked

0
Adela
7/14/2010 2:59:59 PM
Adela wrote:
> Thank you MowGreen for helping me resolve the 2 items!  :o)          Adela

You're mowst welcome, Adela. Glad to be of assistance. <w>

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen

Email set up, DSL, Different outgoing and incoming servers
I just intalled DSL and now I cannot send email with outlook. The outgoing server and incoming server are different and I have set up the proper user names and passwords for both but I am not able to send email. The DSL provider has been unable to help me and I am able to log into the server over the web just not with outlook. I use outlook 2002 When you use the Test Account Settings, what error are you getting? Also, did you set your authentication on the server tab of your account properties per the DSL providers instructions? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

how to show the rectangle box position
i have one rectangle box on a sheet. whenever i move the rectangle box to left or right or top or bottom i would like to show the position of the rectangle box in cell("a1") how can i write some code to show that? ...

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

How to skip confirmation for macro and update all links?
When I open an excel file, I need to confirm macro and update all link by clicking a button before it opens, does anyone have any suggestions on how to skip this process only on specific file only? which I trust. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric, Is there any reason you can't save the workbook as a macro enabled workbook? What version of Excel are you using? Ken "Eric" wrote: > When I open an excel file, I need to confirm macro and update all link by > clicking a button before it opens, does anyone have any suggestions on how to &g...

HELP!! Viewing email images

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

Deleting a half sent message
Sorry, forgot to say that I have Outlook 2003:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Trouble sending emails #2

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

email set up in publisher

HQ client configuration
I connect HQ and stores via VPN which connects fine. But when the HQ client from Store 1 tries to connect to HQ Server, it does not connect. In the HQ Cient config, the server name is "MYLAPTOP". If I change that to the current IP address, it actually connects. The problem is that I take my laptop everywhere so IP address changes. If I keep the Cient configuration to "MYLAPTOP", how would they know what IP address to connect? Is it by DNS, NAT, or something in the router or is it something on the store PC? (My Store #2 actually connects to the Server with "MYLAP...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Is this a correct way of doing an optimistic update
Imagine two different users executing this code at the same time. I can not use the CRecordset Update Delete methods for this. // Check to see if version number has been incremented since this view read in // the client data CClientRecordSet rs(mConn); rs.m_strFilter = "ID = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetKey(); rs.m_strFilter +=" AND "; rs.m_strFilter += "Version = "; rs.m_strFilter += client->GetVersion(); // Assuming here, this is acting as a lock on tables referenced mConn->BeginTrans(); rs.Open(CRecordset::snapshot, NULL, CRecordset::re...

Pay code update with Integration Manager
I am trying to do a Pay Code update for all employees using Integration Manager using the General Payroll Update. I am able to get the standard Pay Codes to update, but cannot seem to get the "Based On" Pay Codes to update. When I log into GP and view the Employee Maintenance and Go To Pay Codes, I see the standard update. However the Based On Pay Codes remain the old rates unless I select select the Pay Code and simply click Ok. Then the update automatically is brought in. How can I get these updates to take without having to visit each of the Based On Pay Codes and sele...

Show only extended description on receipt
I have RMS set up in such a way that it shows the extended description of the items at the POS along with the regular description. When i print a receipt both descriptions print. Is it possible to print only the extended description, if so, how?? Hi Terry, You might downloaded the receipt format or done yourself customization. Just try to find first Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription and if you see another variable called Entry.Description Just remove the row or column with name "Entry.Description" It will work, let me know or send me email address I have already the customized o...