Security warning message

I created a shortcut to a executable on a mapped network drive.  And I get
the open file security message when I open it.  It states that "The
publisher could not be
verified, etc....

I Googled this and found the page below.
Tried both settings in IE;
Include all network paths (UNCs)
And add the server to trusted local sites.
Neither works.  Still get the error message.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/networkfile.htm

There is no check box on the warning that will let me allow this action in
the future.  In place of that is a message saying "this file does not have a
valid digital signature".

This is a business application that's already being used by most other
computers in the company, and they don't get this message.  The shortcut is
on a new PC, Windows XP Pro.

Is there any other way to get rid of this message?

Thanks

0
JohnB

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I created a shortcut to a executable on a mapped network drive.  And I get
> the open file security message when I open it.  It states that "The
> publisher could not be
> verified, etc....
>
> I Googled this and found the page below.
> Tried both settings in IE;
> Include all network paths (UNCs)
> And add the server to trusted local sites.
> Neither works.  Still get the error message.
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/networkfile.htm
>
> There is no check box on the warning that will let me allow this action in
> the future.  In place of that is a message saying "this file does not have a
> valid digital signature".
>
> This is a business application that's already being used by most other
> computers in the company, and they don't get this message.  The shortcut is
> on a new PC, Windows XP Pro.
>
> Is there any other way to get rid of this message?
>
> Thanks

Try that:

- Run gpedit.msc
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >
Attachment Manager > Inclusion list for moderate risk file types >
Properties > Enable (and set the *.exe in edit box)

Bernd
0
Bernd
12/30/2009 3:31:33 PM
That makes for a not very secure situation - allowing all exe files.  What's
odd is, other computers don't get this message with that shortcut, and they
aren't set to allow all exe files.

"Bernd" <fake@gmx.de> wrote in message

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> I created a shortcut to a executable on a mapped network drive.  And I
>> get
>> the open file security message when I open it.  It states that "The
>> publisher could not be
>> verified, etc....
>>
>> I Googled this and found the page below.
>> Tried both settings in IE;
>> Include all network paths (UNCs)
>> And add the server to trusted local sites.
>> Neither works.  Still get the error message.
>>
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/networkfile.htm
>>
>> There is no check box on the warning that will let me allow this action
>> in
>> the future.  In place of that is a message saying "this file does not
>> have a
>> valid digital signature".
>>
>> This is a business application that's already being used by most other
>> computers in the company, and they don't get this message.  The shortcut
>> is
>> on a new PC, Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> Is there any other way to get rid of this message?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Try that:
>
> - Run gpedit.msc
> - User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >
> Attachment Manager > Inclusion list for moderate risk file types >
> Properties > Enable (and set the *.exe in edit box)
>
> Bernd

0
JohnB

Rule for Sent Messages
I want to create a rule that when a send a message to a particular user it moves it to a folder. Here is the catch. If the message is also addressed to any "internal" users I do not want the rule to run. Can this be done? Mike <mdifebo@airdberlis.com> wrote: > I want to create a rule that when a send a message to a > particular user it moves it to a folder. Here is the > catch. If the message is also addressed to > any "internal" users I do not want the rule to run. > > Can this be done? OL 2003 rules wizard can have: Apply this rule afte...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Sent items missing messages
All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed nothing in my setting or options - and I can't understand why this is happening. Make sure in the upper right corner it says: Show All Messages Also can be found here View->Current View->Show All Messages mrspmanning;1609546 Wrote: > All my messages in my "sent items" folder are missing. The stay for a > couple of hours and then they're gone. Can anyone help?? I've changed > ...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Tons of bounce messages ...
We just had a weird happening this weekend ... everyone got 700 or so emails stating that certain messages could not be delivered. All came from mydomain@mydomain.com ... we have no user named mydomain. Relaying has been turned off except for authenticated users since day one (years ago), but all of a sudden the user named 'mydomain' exists I guess. I can send an email to mydomain@mydomain.com and everyone gets it, like some policy somewhere just puts this message in everyones mailbox. This phantom user can also reley thru our server accouting for all the bad mail messages. An...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Stupid attachment message
In microsoft Outlook 2002, Win XP, if I click on a Word document and select Send to Email Recipient, my email message has the following in it's body - EVERY time! I then have to go in to the body of the email and delete it. The message is: "The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:..." Does anyone know how I can disable this and stop it from happening? your input would be muchly 'preciated. Thanks! Darth To prevent this you need to create a new shortcut. Go to the the shortcut directory in Windows (eg in XP this is "C:\Documen...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

Delete message
How can I delete a message in Outlook Express without opening or selecting it . Would have to do this if I know in advance that it has a virus. You can't delete it if you don't select it, but that just means highlighting the message header which is harmless. Unchecking the Preview Pane will keep it from opening unless you double click on the message header. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Andy Petro" <andy.petro@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:hll1pp$pav$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Ho...

Message Rules #3
Hi - Using Outlook (2003, but I presume XP is the same) I would like to set up a rule where when I send an email to a person, it is then moved from the sent box to a folder of my choice. I've worked out how to do that, but need to know 2 things: 1/ Can this happen automatically (and if so, how do I set that) or can I only run it as I do now by running the rule manually? 2/ How do exclude and email that I've sent to the person in the rule, but have included other addressees also? At the moment it moves it, I can't find a rule where I can set it to for example " move only if X...

Unwanted Warning Pop-up message.
I am running outlook 2002. I have some code in VB Scritp that automatically sends a cc to another email address. But every time I send a message, a warning box pops up and says, "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this? I this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose NO. " Is there any way to have my messages sent to the cc without that message popping up every time? Please let me know. Thanks. Michael msalama@chefmerito.com Questions regarding the Outlook Security prompt are asked very frequen...

Error message when importing/inserting images from file
I have Publisher 2000 Small Business edition and for some reason whenever I try inserting an image from a file it says that the graphic file cannot be converted and that I should hit F1 for help or reinstall office to add the converters... i have tried this and it does not work Added information: The error also say the picture format was not recognized or there was an error loading the graphic converter. i've tried inserting bitmap, jpeg, gif and it still says the same thing Might be your graphic filters. Do you have problems inserting from the Clip Gallery? Re-installing doesn...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Text Message
How can I have exchange 2000 send a text message to a pager to let me know I have a new mail message on the exchange server without setting up a rule in outlook. ...

Send many email messages
Currently when I send many emails there is a significant delay between each email as I wait for the mesaage to actually be sent Is there any way to send it quicker? On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:25:17 +0100, "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Currently when I send many emails there is a significant delay between each >email as I wait for the mesaage to actually be sent > >Is there any way to send it quicker? How are you sending the emails? > > Scott McDaniel scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com www.infotrakker.com SendObject "Scott McDaniel&...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

'Can't Create Database' Error Message.
Trying to Install CRM 1.2 in a test environment using one 2003 server with sql 2000 sp3 installed. (just one server - no seperate SQL box) All prereq's are installed. i enter all the details and select the sql box i want to install to and get to the point were CRM is ready to install, i click 'Next' and after 3 seconds i get the error box 'Can't create database installation failed.' here is an extract from the install log file. [16:11:34] ===========>Database Creation Step [16:11:34] Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. [16:11:36] ===========...

Throttling SQL Email
Firstly I am not a DBA - I manage the Exchange environment. I do however need to get the DBAs to implement some type or mail throttling or limits on their SQL servers as on many occasions their SQL email alerts have taken mail servers down by spamming them with hundreds of thousands of email messages. What can I tell them to do? I had a situation on Saturday where one of their systems had a problem and sent 400,000+ messages over 5 hours and took exchange down. Can limits be set with SQL and SQL mail on what it can send? What can I advise the DBAs to do? Thanks I...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Outlook 2003 Client Times Out Awaiting Messages
Does anyone else have this problem? My ISP says it happens to a lot of Outlook users. I just moved from Windows/Office 2000 to XP-Pro/Office 2003. Outlook mail client used to work fine on my account. Now my Outlook 2003 client can't fetch all the mail off my account. It gets through a few messages and then times out. I can go in with Squirrel Mail and read/delete message just fine, but Outlook can't seem to handle it. Thanks. Do you have an antivirus product installed that can scan POP3 e-mail as it is downloaded? If yes, try disabling the scanning of e-mail only to se...

Microsoft Office "Database Corrupt" message
I need some help here. Recently, I got a "Database Corrupt" error message when running any MS Office 2004 program. I then tried to rebuild the database but I got an "end of file" error. However, all my email files etc are intact. Meanwhile, my "login" keychain is missing, and I had to repair it with Keychain Firstaid. The corrupt database message won't go away. What should I do? Thanks, sean ps. I'm running Mac OS 10.3.7 ...

Disabling action button warning
Following kb829072 I've edited the registry subkey HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common and double-checked the edits. No effect on the warning message. The ....Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common doesn't exist. Should I create it and also change the value to 1? Is there something else I might try? -- Best, Andrew-K In article <7718EA5D-F312-46A9-90D7-DFEA3021E35D@microsoft.com>, Andrew-k wrote: > Following kb829072 I've edited the registry subkey > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common and double-checked ...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...