Security Update error code

The automatic security download from Microsoft has tried several times to
download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Win2000 and
WinXP KB979906 and the installation has failed.  Error code is O or 0x643.

I am using WinXP Home Edition, Ver 5.1 and SP3.  No help from MX on-line
do-it-yourself stuff.  Not sure what to do next.  Any help or suggestions?
--
Pink Lady

[Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]

OPTION A: See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979906

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates.  When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB979906).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:

your usual support contacts.

==================================

OPTION B: First run the Fix It in this KB article & see if the update will
install after doing so:

How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187

If no joy, see...

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

Then proceed per the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
versions are currently installed:

    How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in this related KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool (not the Windows Installer
Cleanup utility!), reinstall all .NET Framework versions (but only the ones
you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the download links on the page
then run Windows Update manually to install security updates for same.

Download links for .NET Framework Cleanup Tool:

http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-PostAttachments/00-08-90-44-93/dotnetfx_5F00_cleanup_5F00_tool.zip

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1) using the tool, reinstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1), reinstall your .NET
Framework versions in the following order:

    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please read
ALL of it as well as the related page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
Framework Cleanup Tool.

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
updates offered.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

CK wrote:
> The automatic security download from Microsoft has tried several times to
> download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Win2000 and
> WinXP KB979906 and the installation has failed.  Error code is O or 0x643.
>
> I am using WinXP Home Edition, Ver 5.1 and SP3.  No help from MX on-line
> do-it-yourself stuff.  Not sure what to do next.  Any help or suggestions?

0
PA

OAB errors
Hello, We had an issue where we had a fatal crash of the First Exchange 2003 Server, so we couldn't remove it properly. Ever since we have had issues with OAB and Sync errors. Event ID's 9333 and 9335 on the second Exchange Server. I have tried everything I can to get these to work, Rehomed the Offline Address Book default folders, the RUS, set the new server as Master, Bridgehead, etc.. Made sure that the Mailboxes object pointed to the correct OAB. The odd thing is when I open the properties of the System folders under the Public Folders object, half of them tell me ther...

Visio 2000 : Error (100)
I have Visio 2000 with the latest updates installed. My PC crashed while the visio document was open. Now when I open the document, I get an error message "An error (100) occurre during the action Open File. Visio can not open the file because it's not a Visio file." And I could not open the file. I try deleting the temperory file from the directory, dosent help. Please let me know how do I recover my currepted file. Thanks, John John, I'm sorry, but I believe that your document is no longer recoverable. There is a way to prevent this from happening in the future tho...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Code to expand/collapse combo box drop-down list
Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the control receives the focus and collapses it when the focus is lost? Thanks In the Enter event, or GotFocus event use: Me.ComboBoxName.Dropdown When you exit the combo box control the list will retract. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Graham Walker" <walgra@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:465c37cf$0$90645$c30e37c6@lon-reader.news.telstra.net... > Does anyone know code to automatically expand a combo box list when the >...

Unable to download updates from Mactopia
I installed Office X with 10.1.4 version of Word, PowerPoint, & Excel to = my 1=20 GHz PB G4 and my 867MHZ G4 desktop and they all work fine. On either=20 machine, through modem or airport, when I go to Mactopia to download=20 updates I am unable to download either .bin or .hqx updates. I've try = to=20 download different updates but all I get is a flash of another site and=20 immediately returns to the same downloads page. I am running OS 10.3.2=20 and normally uses Safari 1.2 browser, but I am also unsuccessful with=20 Netscape 7.1 and IE 5.2.3 in my attempts to download updates. ...

error trying to open e-mail account #2
When I try to open outlook I get an error message "unable to open default e-mail folders. The server is not available. Contact your adminstrator if this condition persists" I am the adminstrator! When I find my files in their folder and try to open them I get an error message "error- 0X80040119" I can't open my word files anymore either. Office works fine under the system administrator and other users on my computer. It only does this under my account. ...

Access 2002. How to print Access Report the on certain printer? Need the code to see. Thanks.
I need to let user to choose printer on the form and print report on that certain printer (Printer1, Printer2). I am beginner in VBA. I have heard about Printer Object in Access 2002 but never use it. So please put the code. Thank you. See: Printer Selection Utility - Users assign printers to reports at: http://allenbrowne.com/AppPrintMgt.html The sample database contains the code, or you can view it here: http://allenbrowne.com/AppPrintMgtCode.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to grou...

Displaying CInternetException error in MessageBox
I have a class that deals with HTTP communication and it catches a CInternetException. I want to be able to display the exception error message in a messagebox. However for some reason I can't even get MessageBox() to work... never mind get the error message into it! I currently get the error ClientProxy.cpp(111) : error C2660: 'MessageBoxA' : function does not take 1 arguments /* CODE SNIPPET */ CATCH(CInternetException, pEx) { MessageBox("Exception"); } END_CATCH Have you tried using AfxMessageBox()? Rob "Si" wrote: > I have a class that ...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Stored Procedure Error
I tried to search CustomerSource for this error message, but I found out my maintenance agreement has expired. I am working on fixing that problem, but I hope somebody here can help me out. I am running Great Plains 8.0g34. I have one user who gets the following error when she posts a Payables Batch Entry. The stored procedure glpPostBatch returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20286 Thanks for any help you can offer me. Jeff Jeff, Since it appears to be workstation specific - I assume that others can post Payables Batches without problem. You need to try to determine i...

errors
hello group I lost my main identify after i crashed outlook express sp1 and i cant get it configured . I used the configure E-Mail link but it Did not work. I get errors ox800ccc34 when outlook opens and error ox8004207 when i click receive all. Thank you ED ...

updater 11.3 problems-needs to close
I have just updated Office 2004 for mac OSX with the 11.3 updater. Previously everything was fine. Now when I open word, PPT, or excel, i get an immediate "MS word or powerpoint or excel needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience." The application hangs when running the first run configuration routine during the visual basic portion, which I believe is the last part. Thereafter the applications hang and must be force quit. the MS error reporting app comes up and asks whether to send the error data and gives an option to restart the app, but this is inevitably unsuccessful...

Combo Box Update
What is the code and where should it be place to update a main form combo box after entering data into a subform combox? Try the after update event of the subform combo box. -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3A1F486-3C83-4F64-A641-F5AA9E9DDFC7@microsoft.com... > What is the code and where should it be place to update a main form combo > box > after entering data into a subform combox? On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:26:18 -0500, "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@gmail.com> wrote: >...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

E*Trade positions download rounding errors 2005
When I download an online "statement" from E*Trade, Money 2005 reports that most of my positions don't match the statement, and prompts me to "Add 0 shares," or "Remove 0 shares." I did convert from an earlier version of Money. Allowing money to enter these add/remove transactions does not appear to solve the problem permanently. The next online update can bring a similar report. Anyone else seeing this, with any other brokerages? On 2005-01-15, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I download an online "statement" fro...

multicurrency daily update
Currently looking for a third party applicaiton that could up date Mcirosoft Dynamics GP 8.0 - 10 automatically with daily changes. A client of ours is having to manually update the daily rates. Thanks, Kevin The Precipio Group LLC You could perhaps look into Currency Server from Currency System at http://www.currencysystem.com/currencyserver/ You may have to write your own integration (perhaps using eConnect or web services which seems more appropriate here), but they provide the API for the product. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC ...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

0x80042108 Error
I'm seeing some strange problems in Outlook 2002. I'm getting 0x80042108 errors on two of my e-mail accounts when I try to send/receive. The other 6 E-mail accounts work fine with out problems. It's always the same two accounts that are causing the problems. When I "test" they accounts from the confguration page they both work fine and are able to connect and send the test message. I've turned logging on but neighter account show up in the log file at all when I do a send/receive the other accounts are in the log file as expected. I know it is NOT a firewa...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Business Portal HTTP Error 401.1
Hi I have just installed Business Portal 3.0 on a Windows 2003 Server (sp1) with windows share point server on a separate server. I am getting the following error message when I access from some of client PC even if log in as administrator. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)" But from the same client PC I can able to access site if I give the sample employee user id and password. Any one can help me to fix ...

10.1.2 update and Panther
I've just done a clean install of Panther, when I try to update office to 10.1.2 the installer freezes at the "Gathering Information" stage. Any suggestion to solve this issue ? TIA Hi Do you gave a lot of mounted volumes on your desktop? If so, disconnect them before running the updater. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <091120031202560226...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

error (0x800CCC0F) on EVERY email addy after 4!
For some reason I am getting the error (0x800CCC0F) BUT only on any addresses I add after the 4th address, no matter what addresses I use, i.e. If I used me@myaddress.com as the 1st enterred address it works fine BUT if I delete that and then enter it as the 5th address it give me that error!! I have NEVER come accross this before, Im using Outlook 2003 SP1 Any replies would be appreciated! I.Templar "Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitudes!" See if any of the info here helps: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514 "Illuminatrix Templar" <illumina...