Security Center Says Firewall On Even When I Turn It Off

Running XP Pro SP3. I've turned the Windows Firewall off through the Control
Panel/Windows Firewall, but when I go to the Security Center it says the
Firewall is On. Clicking on the Firewall Options takes me back to the
Firewall window which shows it is off. Anyone know how to get Security Center
to reflect that the firewall is off...or is it really on and my turning it
off isn't really turning it off?
Thanks in advance for any help.

You probably have another firewall installed...

--
The Top Script Generator for Jordan Russell's Inno Setup -
http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html
"theecmo" <theecmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running XP Pro SP3. I've turned the Windows Firewall off through the
> Control
> Panel/Windows Firewall, but when I go to the Security Center it says the
> Firewall is On. Clicking on the Firewall Options takes me back to the
> Firewall window which shows it is off. Anyone know how to get Security
> Center
> to reflect that the firewall is off...or is it really on and my turning it
> off isn't really turning it off?
> Thanks in advance for any help.

0
Randem
8/21/2010 2:12:47 AM
theecmo wrote:

> Running XP Pro SP3. I've turned the Windows Firewall off through the Control
> Panel/Windows Firewall, but when I go to the Security Center it says the
> Firewall is On. Clicking on the Firewall Options takes me back to the
> Firewall window which shows it is off. Anyone know how to get Security Center
> to reflect that the firewall is off...or is it really on and my turning it
> off isn't really turning it off?
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Did you configure the SC to *not* inform you when the firewall is
disabled?

Run SC.
Click "Change the way Security Center alerts me"
0
VanguardLH
8/21/2010 2:13:45 AM
Which firewall?

theecmo wrote:
> Running XP Pro SP3. I've turned the Windows Firewall off through the
> Control
> Panel/Windows Firewall, but when I go to the Security Center it says the
> Firewall is On. Clicking on the Firewall Options takes me back to the
> Firewall window which shows it is off. Anyone know how to get Security
> Center to reflect that the firewall is off...or is it really on and my
> turning it off isn't really turning it off?
> Thanks in advance for any help.

0
PA
8/21/2010 5:32:37 AM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> theecmo wrote:
>
>> Running XP Pro SP3. I've turned the Windows Firewall off through the
>> Control Panel/Windows Firewall, but when I go to the Security Center
>> it says the Firewall is On. Clicking on the Firewall Options takes
>> me back to the Firewall window which shows it is off. Anyone know
>> how to get Security Center to reflect that the firewall is off...or
>> is it really on and my turning it off isn't really turning it off?
>
> Which firewall?

Stipulated in the first sentence of the OP's post.  I'm leaning towards
Randem's reply that perhaps the OP has another firewall as part of some
other security suite he installed.  Some 3rd party firewalls actually
tell you to NOT incorporate the Security Center with their firewall
(because they didn't design it to cooperate with the Security Center).
0
VanguardLH

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Oracle CRM training course form Oracle University Approved Education Center iWare Logic
iWare Logic provides =93Oracle Apps Training=94 and Certification in Oracle CRM in association with Oracle University. Oracle CRM Training and Certification topics eBusiness Suite Essentials for Implementers Sales Fundamentals Marketing Fundamentals Contract Fundamentals Service Request Fundamentals For details please check http://www.iwarelogic.com/training.htm for Special Offer on our Oracle Apps trainings please check http://www.iwarelogic.com/oracle_applications.htm Following are iWare Logic=92s contact details, iWare Logic Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Aditi Samruddhi, Banner, P...

Balance Sheet & P&L statement using cost centers in AA
Dear All, I have a situation that one of our client wants to use the COST ceters level in AA instead of using in chart of accounts segments, so in that case how can we prepare the Balance sheet and P&L reports as AFA and FRx do not support the AA to get the data. Your great ideas on this issue will be a great help! Thanks in Advance. -- Developer Fortunately, your information is wrong. FRx 6.7 works just fine with Analytical Accounting. You should have the latest service pack installed. With AA, you have an add-in piece for FRx so make sure you install it. Also, you must u...

why are attached files turning into DAT files when received from .
Have recently starting usin office 2003, when i send emailwith attachments ie. jpg they are received as DAT files and unreadable by my recipients. On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 01:41:07 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have recently starting usin office 2003, when i send emailwith attachments >ie. jpg they are received as DAT files and unreadable by my recipients. Stop sending messages in rich text format. Use either plain text or HTML format. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email: Microsoft Outlook 2003 News (Text): Fort´┐Ż Agent 2.0 News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2....

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Microsoft says I don't get an Upgrade to Office for Mac 2008
In October 2007 I ordered Microsoft Office 2004 for Macintosh from Amazon under an advertised Promotion that allowed an upgrade to the already announced Office 2008 by filling out the "Microsoft Of&#64257;ce 2008 for Mac North America Technology Guarantee Redemption Form". I would have never ordered a 4 year old product that was going to be discontinued without this promotion. In December 2007, I mailed to Microsoft the now available redemption forms along with the required copy of the sales receipt and "The ORIGINAL product box top with the product name and barcode clearly ...

Transaction keeps downloading even after accepted multiple times
I have a checking account which downloads automatically / updates automatically when I start Microsoft. There is one transaction from 11/12/2007 that downloads every time, even though I have accepted it or matched it with a transaction and it still keeps downloading. What do I do? I called the bank and they say it is a Microsoft problem. Please advise. In microsoft.public.money, Connie wrote: >I have a checking account which downloads automatically / updates >automatically when I start Microsoft. There is one transaction from >11/12/2007 that downloads every time, even tho...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

Security
I need to be able to prevent certain users from changing a single text box in our Customer Maintenance window. My understanding is that we shoudl be able to do this with Field Level Security. I am relatively new to Great Plains and would like some advice as to whether I am on the right track, and any recomendations on good references for this. ----- Thanks in Advance Chris Hornung Chris - yes, you could do that with Field Level Security. This would be a good option of you need to lock the field on a conditional basis--such as with a password. If you have Modifier, you can also just...

Unable to install security program/referenced memory issue
Bear with me, this is the first time I have had to post. I am having an issue installing McAfee antivirus on my mom's system. She is using Windows XP (with no original program info or discs) and I recently uninstalled Symantec due to an issue of letting a virus in. When I uninstalled, it asked if I wanted to permanently the program and it's files. I inadvertently clicked yes and voila, I messed up. I now can't get McAfee from Comcast to install due to multiple, different "referenced memory" errors. Will Chkdsk correct this? How can I correct this? An...

Workbook password security
I've been asked to oversee the implementation of a process where organisations would send us sensitive client data via password protected Excel workbooks (i.e. the workbook would have the password on it, not the sheets contained therein. This worries me because it was always my understanding that Excel was never intended to function as a secure data repository and should not be used that way. Having said that, my recent reading leads me to believe that it is the WORKSHEET passwords that are easily worked around, not the WORKBOOK passwords. From what I can gather, the only thing tha...

Security error
Hi there, I installed my web site onto a newly installed version of Win Server 2008 and am now getting a "System.Security.Policy.PolicyException" trying to access any page. The error is "Execution permission cannot be acquired" but more specifically, it's related to the "'AjaxControlToolkit" I installed into my ASP.NET "bin" folder. There are various messages that it can't be loaded, that it "failed to grant permission to execute", etc. I've tried all sorts of different things but of course (as usual) there's ...

Tools-macro-security
One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. Every time she opens the database, she gets assaulted by meaningless security messages because she cannot turn them off. Is this being controlled by the IT department with some registry setting? Pat: It COULD be a Group Policy that their SysAdmin has set. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Pat Hartman" wrote: > One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. > Eve...

Discount Security
I Am wondering if i can set a maximum discount level for a cashier i.e. 20% but unlimited for other cashiers ? ...

Help with Outlook and Messenger 7.0 and XP Firewall
I currently have the XP Firewall activated and am running Outlook 2002 and MSN Messenger 7.0. I noticed in the firewall exceptions that Outlook is not checked as an exception, although Messenger 7, Console and other items are. I am using ICS to share a dial up internet connection between 2 PC's that are connected thru wired Ethernet. I am getting my email OK. Also have a subscription to Hotmail Plus so I can read my hotmail account in Outlook, which also works. Recently I tried to sign out of passport and was unable to do so. I can sign out of all the other services, but it wil...

Epson Stylus NX515 does not print, not even a Test page
I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not print. Not even a test page. Here is a link to Epson trouble shooting site. Make sure when you want to print you pick your printer if there is a list of printers. "Ritter197" wrote: > I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is > also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not > print. Not even a test page. > > . > http://www.epson.com...