Search Results problem??

When using Start>Search to 'Search the internet', the results show in the
left pane but clicking on the links opens them in the left pane also instead
of the right pane. I also get script errors. How can I solve this, please?
Regards
JJ

the result of nbval is not correct
the function nbval give me a bad result but only in some colonne What is this function? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Saf" <Saf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E246C18-BE79-45FC-9A33-5A06E9414E28@microsoft.com... > the function nbval give me a bad result but only in some colonne ...

Excel Workshhet column search
I am currently working two different worksheets in one workbook. Th first sheet is labeled "PO DETAIL", the second is labeled "P PRINTOUT". I want to be able to type a PO number from column A DETAIL into a PO number cell in PRINTOUT and have the information fro the row to populate the fields. If someone can somehow get me started I think I can figure out the rest. For example, if I type 1234 in the PO # cell on PRINTOUT, I want it t search Column A in DETAIL and find that PO#. Once it has Identifie What row it is in DETAIL, I would then want to use the rest of th inf...

Stock short sell/sell Transactions Problem
In money 2005 my Stock Sell and Short Sell transactions will show up as cash withdrawal in my cash accounts. Not all will, but everytime i startup Money more will change from a deposit to a withdrawal. The original sale transactions show up correctly, just that the cash transactions will eventually turn into withdrawals. Has anybody seen this problem? I have to go in and make a deposit entry to offset it but it seems to be a bug with the program. Thanks MWDave ...

differen search algorithms for quick search?
Hi! If I want to search for a "John Doe" in my contacts, I can simply type "Doe" in the quick search and it works. Once I do this in a marketing list, I get no result. If I instead search for "*Doe" or "John" in the quick search I get my "John Doe" as a result. How can I change the behaviour of the quick search in a marketing list? btw: I edited the view of the marketing list members to show some more columns a few weeks before - in case this has anything to do with the problem. If you go into the customization form for the Quick Find v...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Outlook name resolution --display name problem
We have a client where when they type someone that is contained in the GAL it resolves the name but instead of listing their full name and underlining it. Outlook brings the X500? address in where it shows a long string of info o=xxxxxx /ou=xxxxxx /cn=recipeints /cn=xxxxxx Obviously this is distracting to the user but the mail does get delivered. Any ideas about this would be greatly appreciated thanks Kurt Kurt Sippel Applied Tech Solutions Inc Hi Kurt, Are you in Exchange Mixed Mode right now? And if so, is your ADC (and its connection agreements) functioning correctly? Thanks, Col...

HELP: Need macro for excel to get data from server database and use results to populate an Access Database
Hi all, Is there a quick way to do a query on an SQL Server database and have the output put direct into an Access Database? I know how to do it by grabbing the records and then inserting each result one by one, but this takes forever to complete and I am after a quick solution, if it exists. Is anybody able to assist ? is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help! Regards Clint you could link to the SQL Server table(s) from Access, write a SELECT query to pull the records you want, and then turn the query into either an Append query to add the data to a native table in the Acces...

Query Problem 04-13-07
Hi I have a main Form that contain a Subform query and the query is based on fields in the main Form and when I open the main Form the query runs first so the popup fields shows and this cause me to fill again and again those fields. Is there any idea how to diable the query and restart it after the main Form is open or a diffrent way to solve this problem? Thanks ...

serial communication problem
Hello, I am programming application that communicates with extended device via serial port. For communication I am using functions like OpenFile, WriteFile, ReadFile. Everything works fine as long as it works :-). All stuff for comunication is included into ActiveX made with ATL using MFC framework, I use this ActiveX in my app. Unforunatelly when an error occurs (for many reasons) serial port is still open exclusively and can not be opend again. How can I release claimed serial port in such case ? regards, S Hi You can use CloseHandle to release serial port. You pass file handler obtaine...

[WSS 3] Increase search results
Hi All, How can I increase the number of search results per page? Thanks a lot in advance You can`t edit default searchresults.aspx pages in WSS. But, you can control number of search results in MOSS Enterprise search. 1. Move to Results.aspx page 2. Actions>Edit page 3. Search core results >edit>modify shared web part>Results display/views>Results per page value. "Lp12" wrote: > Hi All, > How can I increase the number of search results per page? > Thanks a lot in advance ...

Need help with a relaying problem
I am having a very obscure relaying problem and I am looking for help. I will do my best to layout the scenario. Their current setup is a Windows Server 2003 AD with Exchange Server 2003 there is only one administrative group and there are SMTP connectors for primary and secondary connections to the internet. On these connectors all mail is rejected to the internet unless you belong to a distribution list called "Internet Users". I have 3 SMTP domain names being utilized in the Exchange Server environment. All of these scenarios below are users that are part of the "Inte...

creating a search engine using microsoft access
I have queried this newsgroup trying to find any articles on this topic, but so far I have found anything very useful. Due to limitations on what I can install, I want to use what I already have installed in order to create a search engine that returns results from .doc's, xls's, ppt's, html's, etc. from specific folders. I figure this is something a few people have done, but I have yet to find any information on any previous efforts on this. Anyone got any suggestions on where to look or how to create a search engine like this? ...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

2 validators 2 different results
Hi, I have a simple XML document validated with a very complex DTD (it's formed by 7 files). If I validate this document with XML Spy it's well formed and valid. If I validate it with MSDOM or with .NET ValidatingReader I have this error message: "> is an invalid attribute, 223 position1" The XML document I try to validate has 20 lines, so the problem is the DTD. But in which file of the DTD the problem is? I would very much appreciate any help you can give me. Fede ...

signature problem #3
I am trying to create a signature with a jpg file. The problem is that when i insert the signature the image doesn't show up. There is only a red x. The original image location resides in the signature folder and is present when i click on the html file. Can anyone here help me? Thanks! ...

problem sending direct email to more than one lead
I have several users who are trying to use the Send Direct Email option to send a reply via a Lead template and are getting a message that says "You don't have sufficient security privileges to perform this action. Contact your system administrator for more info." So they came to me and wanted to show me the problem, I ran through the routine and it works from my computer/user. I gave one of the more trusted users, system admin role and it still doesn't work. We tried creating a global template, instead of a lead template and it still doesn't work. I check the role...

search multiple values from one field
I am using filter by form. Is there a way to allow my user to enter multiple values into a search box. Our company assigns numeric values to customers. Some users may want to enter multiple customer numbers. For example: W33mrg W45T54 N34T59 W549K2 I tried entering a comma after the first customer number, but it brings back no data. Thanks. The query engine won't be able to match multiple values against the field. You would need to use some VBA code to parse the values, and build a string to use to filter your form/report. Use Split() to parse the values, and then loop through th...

Problem with IIf
Hi! I am pretty familiar with using IIf, but am having problems... I have a table that has "Work Number" storing telephone numbers as Text In my report I am using IIf ( [Work Number]] Is Null, "Missing", [Work Number]) So, if the field is blank, I hope to see "Missing" in the report, and if it is not empty, I hope to see the work number displayed. For some reason this is producing #Error in every instance in the report, and I am at a complete loss to explain why! Can anyone spot my mistake? Thanks! On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:56:01 -0700, Russell Pascoe wro...

Serialization to XmlTextReader results in null

Problems with controls in MFC !
I inserted 2 ComboBoxes Controls in a MDI Child FormView. I have defined 2 class member variables of type CComboBox using ClassWizard (tab variables) to manage the controls but each time I try to use these variables to call a CCombox method (or inherited methods from CWnd) especially EnableWindow() the call raises an assertion failure on ASSERT(IsWindow(h_Wnd)) Test in EnableWindow() method in file winocc.cpp . h_Wnd seems to be NULL I encountered the same problem with a Datagrid control. I have eahc time to call getDlgItem(IDC_DATAGRID) to get a instance of the control. Why it is not possibl...

Office 2010 HP printer problem
Office 2010 Professional Plus 2010 (the released 32-bit version, two activated copies on two computers) does not print multiple copies of any office document with my HP Laserjet P2055dn printers (using the latest Dec. 15, 2009 PCL 6 and PCL 5 UPD drivers available on the HP Web site). No matter how many copies are entered, only 1 copy of a document prints. Both of our computers are running Windows 7 x64. The printers worked fine with the Beta version of Office 2010, and work properly withh our non-Office programs. Our Xerox and Canon printers work properly. Does anyone have a ...

Union Query Problem
I'm using this UNION Query that worked fine untill I added the WHERE clause. Any help is appreciated. Thanks DS With Me.ListAccounts ..RowSource = "SELECT tblPayName.PayNameID, tblPayName.PayName, tblPayName.PayAppliedCOA, tblPayName.PayNameTypeID " & _ "FROM tblPayName " & _ "WHERE tblPayName.PayNameTypeID = 2 UNION " & _ "SELECT tblPayTypes.PayTypeID, tblPayTypes.PayTypeName, tblPayTypes.PayTypeCOA " & _ "FROM tblPayTypes " & _ "ORDER By tblPayName.PayName;" ..ColumnCount = 4 ..ColumnWidths = "0 in;2 ...

Priv.edb Defrag\isinteg Problems
Hi We're currently testing disaster recovery for Ex5.5. I've restored a copy of the priv.edb from a backup. I've ran a defrag, and this has reduced the size of the database from 41gb - to 2.4gb. It seems unlikely to me that it is possible for it to apply that much compression - especially when I know that this DB holds gigabytes worth of attachments alone. This issue could be causing us a problem when we move on to running isinteg. This gets to 100% but then keeps on scanning folders. It had been running for 20hours and was still processing (got upto 5millions folders!). I had re...

Outlook problem - Business Manager problem
At the risk of committing a posting sin, I am posting this here and at the Windows forum, since I am not getting a response from Windows, and part of the problem involves Outlook. I run Windows XP Pro, MS Office 2003 w/ Outlook and Business Contact Manager, and used McAfee Internet Security 6.0 (virus protection, firewall, spamkiller, and privacy controls). Two days ago I tried to add my Outlook Address Book to SpamKiller, and all **** broke loose. I got an error message that said Spamkiller couldn't find Outlook, and from that point I lost my firewall, virus protection, my Ko...