Scanning website files on the fly

Hi folks,

One of my websites got infected with a virus and was blocked by Google.
I stumbled across this page and it really helped me getting the problem
solved very quickly without having to reupload my website from my
computer.

I can't paste the whole method here because it's explained in pictures.
Check out:

http://www.orioncities.com/scanning-website-files-for-malware-and-viruses

I hope this will help someone.

0
Alan

Their are many well known and known to be good sites, that will help others
with malware and virus infection, I wouldn't click on any link included with
posts that state they will help you, more than likely they are links
themselves to virus and malware.

In news:710C8BC5-2F15-4617-BA16-111C83267B39@microsoft.com,
sgopus <sgopus@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Their are many well known and known to be good sites, that will help
> others with malware and virus infection, I wouldn't click on any link
> included with posts that state they will help you, more than likely
> they are links themselves to virus and malware.

I don't know about "more than likely", but that's always good advice. It's
also considered to be one of the resolves in "Safe Hex".  It's a great way
to invite malicious code into your machine without knowing it for quite some
time.

HTH,

Twayne

> "Alan Connor" wrote:
>

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> One of my websites got infected with a virus and was blocked by
>> Google. I stumbled across this page and it really helped me getting
>> the problem solved very quickly without having to reupload my
>> website from my computer.
>>
>> I can't paste the whole method here because it's explained in
>> pictures. Check out:
>>
>> http://www.orioncities.com/scanning-website-files-for-malware-and-viruses
>>
>> I hope this will help someone.
>>

>> .

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

0
Twayne
3/1/2010 6:30:36 PM
This same post is also in alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 posted under the name
of Greg Jacob with a tinyurl link. Seems fishy when there are two nearly
identical posts (identical subject line) by different people. I don't know
about anyone else, but *I* wouldn't click on either link :-)
--
SC Tom

"Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In news:710C8BC5-2F15-4617-BA16-111C83267B39@microsoft.com,
> sgopus <sgopus@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> Their are many well known and known to be good sites, that will help
>> others with malware and virus infection, I wouldn't click on any link
>> included with posts that state they will help you, more than likely
>> they are links themselves to virus and malware.
>
> I don't know about "more than likely", but that's always good advice. It's
> also considered to be one of the resolves in "Safe Hex".  It's a great way
> to invite malicious code into your machine without knowing it for quite
> some time.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne
>

>> "Alan Connor" wrote:
>>

>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> One of my websites got infected with a virus and was blocked by
>>> Google. I stumbled across this page and it really helped me getting
>>> the problem solved very quickly without having to reupload my
>>> website from my computer.
>>>
>>> I can't paste the whole method here because it's explained in
>>> pictures. Check out:
>>>
>>> http://www.orioncities.com/scanning-website-files-for-malware-and-viruses
>>>
>>> I hope this will help someone.
>>>

>>> .

> Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
> through personal experience does not become a
> part of the moral tissue.

0
SC
3/1/2010 6:55:21 PM
Agreed; I never click on unknown links in posts or emails either. Especially
tiny URLs of any kind. If I do think I want to go there, I'll do a
reputation check on Google first; but I have to have a valid reason to put
out the effort.

Good advice,

Twayne

In news:uK0v8CXuKHA.5444@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
SC Tom <sc@tom.net> typed:
> This same post is also in alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 posted under
> the name of Greg Jacob with a tinyurl link. Seems fishy when there
> are two nearly identical posts (identical subject line) by different
> people. I don't know about anyone else, but *I* wouldn't click on
> either link :-)
> "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> In news:710C8BC5-2F15-4617-BA16-111C83267B39@microsoft.com,
>> sgopus <sgopus@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> Their are many well known and known to be good sites, that will help
>>> others with malware and virus infection, I wouldn't click on any
>>> link included with posts that state they will help you, more than
>>> likely they are links themselves to virus and malware.
>>
>> I don't know about "more than likely", but that's always good
>> advice. It's also considered to be one of the resolves in "Safe
>> Hex".  It's a great way to invite malicious code into your machine
>> without knowing it for quite some time.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Twayne

>> --
>> --
>> Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
>> through personal experience does not become a
>> part of the moral tissue.

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

0
Twayne

File Conversion
I use Money to run my small leasing company. My accountant does my company's financial reports and tax returns. He likes to use Quick Books and doesn't know anything about Money. He wants me to convert to Quick Books. Can I convert my Money file to Quicken which he then might be able to open in Quick Books? Greg Quicken does not convert Money files........ You can use the export/import features. Bob "Greg Robinson" <grobinson@custommaterials.com> wrote in message news:00fb01c35e9e$9dcbf8e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money to run my small leasing compan...

Rotating scanned images
My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How can I rotate this small amount? Publisher won't let me rotate this small degree. You didn't state which version so I'll tell you how to do it with Pub 2003. Select the picture, right-click - Format Picture. Click the Size tab. Under Size and Rotation, adjust the rotation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dena Davis" <Dena Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C134656-88FB-4D91-8372-9B6F2BAF51B2@microsoft.com... > My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How ca...

Cannon use backed up file
I've restored a back-up file but am now having problems with it. For example, I cannot make any changes to it. When I try to add any kind of transaction, I get a message saying "not able to enter transaction" and when I try to update prices online, nothing changes - although the internet connection is carried out, none of the prices update. Any suggestions? With regards the error, it sounds like you have some corruption in the file. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=89 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;E...

Web access file attachment stops the MS Exch information store ser
Our Microsoft exchange informaiton store service stops abruptly with the following errors logged in the application log 1. Event id 9673 . I used the err.exe to find the explanation of the error code and it says C:> err 0xc00000fd # for hex 0xc00000fd /decimal –1073741571 : Status_Stack_overflow ntstatus.h # A new page for the stack cannot be created. # 1 matches found for “0xc00000fd” 2. then the event ids 1005 and 9175 keeps repeating. We have to restart the server or start the information store service to get connected again Accidentally I have found out that this happens...

Blank Excel file
Hi folks, Need a little help here. One of my users had an Excel file that became corrupted. The file is 200kb, but when you open it, it comes up blank. No worksheets, no nothing. I tried viewing it full screen. No luck. Is there anything I can do to recover the data? It is Excel 2000. I Googled Usenet and came up with similar problems, but they didn't have answers or were solved with a back up, which my user doesn't have. We can get a back up from tape, but that would take about a day. Thanks, Christine Are you sure it isn't just hidden? Choose Window/Unhide to unhide it, if s...

Can an excel XP 2003 file be exported to an Access mdb file if so how?
Greetings All, I have and app that will only read Access mdb files but I don't have access to "Access" is there a plugin or will excel 2003 xp save directly to an Access 2003 file format? Is there a free plugin around? TIA Tia Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sal@spp.net wrote: > Greetings All, > > I have and app that will only read Access mdb files but I don't have > access to "Access" is there a plugin or will excel 2003 xp save > directly to an Access 2003 file format? > > Is there a free plugin ar...

Appending MS Pub files..
Is there an easy way to add two Pub files together?. Simply copying and pasting one to the other gets awfully complicated when the added file contains graphics and more than one text box. McLou You can try this http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm A sample data base using Publisher's lists http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_data_list.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "McLou" <mclou@hal-pc.org> wrote in message ...

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...

.pst file collecting incoming mail
I just setup a new computer with the user's email. I am using Outlook 2003 and she had a personal file used for saved mail on her old machine. The problem is that I went through adding the .pst file from her shared personal folder on our server that saves all the users mail. Now the .pst file has all the usuall folders that a new inbox would have and the inbox receives all the mail and the original inbox does not have any of her mail in it anymore, it is in the .pst inbox folder. PLEASE!! if anyone understands what I just wrote, any help would be much appreciated. >-----Ori...

Saved files in officeXP
I recently upgraded to Office XP and now notice that some of my saved files (filename.xls) appear in blue font and others in black. Can anyone tell me why and what the difference may be? THANKS!!! Cam Windows XP Operating System(if you are using Win XP) indicates compressed files by using blue text. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 03:42:01 -0700, "Cam" <camconcay@yahoo.com> wrote: >I recently upgraded to Office XP and now notice that some >of my saved files (filename.xls) appear in blue font and >others in black. Can anyone tell me why and...

Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code > 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back > but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it > posey??Thank you..Nick Back-up any personal data [1] (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this! HOW TO d...

Spam file
I get a lot of messages from people in my address book which go into the spam file. How can I avouid this? "George Fellner" wrote: > I get a lot of messages from people in my address book which go into the spam > file. > > How can I avouid this? Spam file as in the Windows Mail Junk folder? Tools | Junk E-mail Options. Check your settings in the General tab and make sure the addresses are not listed in the Blocked Senders tab. Check ant message rules you may have as well. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Bea...

Can a mysql dump file be imported into sql server 2005 db
A company hosted a db for us, on closing the account we asked for the data thinking we would get a .csv file but we got a mysql dump file (file.sql) when opened it shows all the code to recreate the tables and so on with the data embedded (I hope). Is there a way to import this data or build a new db into sql 2005 db Thanks Mark On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:40:01 -0700, Mark Caff <Mark Caff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A company hosted a db for us, on closing the account we asked for the data >thinking we would get a .csv file but we got a mysql dump file (file...

.pst files #9
Iam running XP and had computer problems. I knew the system was dying so I stored my saved email messages on portable storage. I now have the new system up and running and am unable to import my .pst files. I have put them on the hard drive. Can anyone help me? Thank you in Advance. mpw taywyatt@mindspring.com <taywyatt@mindspring.com> wrote: > I now have > the new system up and running and am unable to import my .pst files. > I have put them on the hard drive. Define "unable". Do you get error messages? What do those erros say? Did you remove the read-only ...

Scanning
How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan and prefix but how do i do this. any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan > and prefix but how do i do this. > > any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter...

IFS file
I am sorry to re-post this message. But nobody yet pay any attention to it and I realy want to get some answer on the matter. Pleasse help. __________________________________________________________________________ I never had this kind of file (with extension of IFS) listed in the MDBDATA folder before until few days ago: (to give you an example, one of such file is 4EB-88B3C1A0-8A6A9125.ifs) The Exchange server is running fine. Should I concern about these files? What cause that to happen and how to prevent it to happen again? Should I delete those files? (Note: the files were generated f...

When are .mbf files created?
I am trying to figure out a problem and I noticed that Money seems to create backup files (.mbf). Does anyone know what causes Money 2003 to do this? I noticed three of these files created within a 10 minute period one day but no other ones that I see. Does it also delete older ones according to some rotating scheme? I also noticed something called "my portfolio Backup.mbf" that was created last nite. I know that I did not do this myself. Thanks in advance. Ken Well, the tooth fairy didn't create it. Check your settings in Tools|Options|Backup. "ken" <noon...

how to turn publisher files into jpegs or gifs formats
i have designed my business logos and stationary on publisher 2000 I need to save the pub picture files cards etc as jpegs or gifs as need to make a banner for web-site which need to be in jpegs or gifs what is a publisher file is there a program i can download to change the pub files to the format i need. thanks jac Maybe mwsnap will do the job for you. http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html -- Don Vancouver, USA "jac52004" <jac52004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D2FFA7E-8E89-4796-8280-7FBE5B070F56@microsoft.com... >i have designed my...

Import from scanned page into excel
I have been asked to take a printed document that contains a list o phone numbers, scan it, and import the list into excel. What is th easiest way to do this? Thanks, ena -- ena ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2865 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55745 I'd use my scanner and scan it to a Text file. Then use File|Open inside excel to import the data. But there are some scanners that come with software that should import directl...

svhost.exe: A CRM-related File?
Hello all. McAfee VirusScan has suddenly notified me that it detected a "potentially unwanted file" on the machine that I am using to host an ActionPack version of Microsoft CRM. This is an SBS installation, with everything running on one test machine. Here is the warning from McAfee: ---------------- Potential Unwanted Program Detected! The file C:\WINNT\System32\svhost.exe is a Potentially Unwanted Program (ServU-Daemon) ---------------- When I try to move the file to the desktop, I am alerted that it is in use and cannot be moved (no surprise, huh?). The interesting thin...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

PST file Size Limit #3
IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 2Gb "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 1.87GB (which is usually referred to as the 2GB limit). Vanguard <vanguard.code@comcast...

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

pdf file
When I try to open up a word pdf file in Microsoft Outlook Express I get a file conversion box. No matter what language or defalt setting I choose I still get symbols and numbers that make no sense. I have Word 2003. How can I make it readable? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...