Scanner & Camera Wizard no longer works

Hi All,

Whenever I'd plug my camera into my pc, the wizard would start and made
downloading the pictures & any video files I had very simple.  I have NO idea
what has happened or what I did but all of a sudden the wizard no longer
starts when I plug my camera in.  I've tried the following;

Open Explorer, found the camera, r/click and selected Properties, then
selcted Event Tab and selected Start Microsoft Scanner and Camera wizard.
Plugged my camera back in, turned it on and nothing... the program did not
start.

Opened Control Panel, Scanner & Camera, plugged my camera in, turned it on,
selected the camera from the window, r/click and selected 'Get Pictures' and
nothing happens.

I have 3 other pc's in the house and whenever I plug the camera into any of
them, the wizard starts no problem... I've never loaded any of the camera
software before and have no desire to load it now either on THIS machine that
the wizard isn't working on.

Is there a registry entry that can be edited/deleted to have the wizard
start up again?  I've been reduced to using the Nikon Transfer Wizard
software that came with Nikon View - it's not as good as the Microsoft wizard
as it doesn't transfer any video files I've taken using my camera.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

thanx.

"Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Whenever I'd plug my camera into my pc, the wizard would start and made
> downloading the pictures & any video files I had very simple.  I have NO
> idea
> what has happened or what I did but all of a sudden the wizard no longer
> starts when I plug my camera in.  I've tried the following;
>
> Open Explorer, found the camera, r/click and selected Properties, then
> selcted Event Tab and selected Start Microsoft Scanner and Camera wizard.
> Plugged my camera back in, turned it on and nothing... the program did not
> start.
>
> Opened Control Panel, Scanner & Camera, plugged my camera in, turned it
> on,
> selected the camera from the window, r/click and selected 'Get Pictures'
> and
> nothing happens.
>
> I have 3 other pc's in the house and whenever I plug the camera into any
> of
> them, the wizard starts no problem... I've never loaded any of the camera
> software before and have no desire to load it now either on THIS machine
> that
> the wizard isn't working on.
>
> Is there a registry entry that can be edited/deleted to have the wizard
> start up again?  I've been reduced to using the Nikon Transfer Wizard
> software that came with Nikon View - it's not as good as the Microsoft
> wizard
> as it doesn't transfer any video files I've taken using my camera.
>
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Any help here:

http://www.the-pc-guru.com/Windows_Scanner_and_Camera_W.php

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> thanx.

0
Donald
6/14/2010 11:18:37 AM
Hi Donald,

Thanx for the link - tried it all and nothing works...  I don't even HAVE an
autoplay tab when I select the Properties for the camera under Windows
Explorer.  All it has is 'General' 'Events' 'Colour Management'...  Under the
Events tab it has similar items as the Autoplay feature - such as "When the
Camera is Connected" select which program to run - and I always select "Run
Windows Scanner & Camera Wizard"... turn on the camera and nothing happens.
When I select "Run Nikon Photo Transfer" THAT runs no problem when I turn on
the camera... when I select "Run Photoshop" THAT runs when I plug in the
camera... but not Microsofts Scanner & Camera Wizard...  at least THAT wizard
will also transfer video files.  The other transfer programs don't - they
just deal with photos.

Thanx for the efoort tho.

> Hi Donald,
>
> Thanx for the link - tried it all and nothing works...  I don't even HAVE
> an
> autoplay tab when I select the Properties for the camera under Windows
> Explorer.  All it has is 'General' 'Events' 'Colour Management'...  Under
> the
> Events tab it has similar items as the Autoplay feature - such as "When
> the
> Camera is Connected" select which program to run - and I always select
> "Run
> Windows Scanner & Camera Wizard"... turn on the camera and nothing
> happens.
> When I select "Run Nikon Photo Transfer" THAT runs no problem when I turn
> on
> the camera... when I select "Run Photoshop" THAT runs when I plug in the
> camera... but not Microsofts Scanner & Camera Wizard...  at least THAT
> wizard
> will also transfer video files.  The other transfer programs don't - they
> just deal with photos.

Humm....Did you have the camera plugged in when you ran the "Microsoft
Autoplay Repair Wizard"?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en

Possible Solution 1: Do you have the Real Player installed on the machine in
question?
If so, Disable the Real Player update scheduler in Msconfig and kill
the running process.

Possible Solution 2: Make sure that the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
service is not disabled...
Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
Scroll down to and double click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) |
Set it to Manual under Startup type | Click Apply | Click OK |
Close services

If none of this works I'm afraid I'm out of ideas:(

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanx for the efoort tho.
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Whenever I'd plug my camera into my pc, the wizard would start and made
>> > downloading the pictures & any video files I had very simple.  I have
>> > NO
>> > idea
>> > what has happened or what I did but all of a sudden the wizard no
>> > longer
>> > starts when I plug my camera in.  I've tried the following;
>> >
>> > Open Explorer, found the camera, r/click and selected Properties, then
>> > selcted Event Tab and selected Start Microsoft Scanner and Camera
>> > wizard.
>> > Plugged my camera back in, turned it on and nothing... the program did
>> > not
>> > start.
>> >
>> > Opened Control Panel, Scanner & Camera, plugged my camera in, turned it
>> > on,
>> > selected the camera from the window, r/click and selected 'Get
>> > Pictures'
>> > and
>> > nothing happens.
>> >
>> > I have 3 other pc's in the house and whenever I plug the camera into
>> > any
>> > of
>> > them, the wizard starts no problem... I've never loaded any of the
>> > camera
>> > software before and have no desire to load it now either on THIS
>> > machine
>> > that
>> > the wizard isn't working on.
>> >
>> > Is there a registry entry that can be edited/deleted to have the wizard
>> > start up again?  I've been reduced to using the Nikon Transfer Wizard
>> > software that came with Nikon View - it's not as good as the Microsoft
>> > wizard
>> > as it doesn't transfer any video files I've taken using my camera.
>> >
>> > Thoughts?  Suggestions?
>>
>> Any help here:
>>
>> http://www.the-pc-guru.com/Windows_Scanner_and_Camera_W.php
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> > thanx.
>> >

>> .

0
Donald
6/14/2010 4:14:09 PM
Hi Donald,

No - I never had my camera plugged in and running when I ran the repair tool
(I'll try that for sure) but I haven't ANY Real Player programs running.  I
know it's a resource pig and won't install anything that has to do with RP...
  I'll re-run the fix tool with the camera plugged in and running.

Thanx again for your help.

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Donald,
> >
> > Thanx for the link - tried it all and nothing works...  I don't even HAVE
> > an
> > autoplay tab when I select the Properties for the camera under Windows
> > Explorer.  All it has is 'General' 'Events' 'Colour Management'...  Under
> > the
> > Events tab it has similar items as the Autoplay feature - such as "When
> > the
> > Camera is Connected" select which program to run - and I always select
> > "Run
> > Windows Scanner & Camera Wizard"... turn on the camera and nothing
> > happens.
> > When I select "Run Nikon Photo Transfer" THAT runs no problem when I turn
> > on
> > the camera... when I select "Run Photoshop" THAT runs when I plug in the
> > camera... but not Microsofts Scanner & Camera Wizard...  at least THAT
> > wizard
> > will also transfer video files.  The other transfer programs don't - they
> > just deal with photos.
>
> Humm....Did you have the camera plugged in when you ran the "Microsoft
> Autoplay Repair Wizard"?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en
>

> Possible Solution 1: Do you have the Real Player installed on the machine in
> question?
> If so, Disable the Real Player update scheduler in Msconfig and kill
> the running process.
>

> Possible Solution 2: Make sure that the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
> service is not disabled...
> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
> Scroll down to and double click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) |
> Set it to Manual under Startup type | Click Apply | Click OK |
> Close services
>
> If none of this works I'm afraid I'm out of ideas:(
>

> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > Thanx for the efoort tho.
> >
> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Any help here:
> >>
> >> http://www.the-pc-guru.com/Windows_Scanner_and_Camera_W.php
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell

> >> .
> >>

> .

Everything works now....
I'm scared to breathe! All my bank, brokerage, and credit accounts sync and are updating with the right balances (even that pesky Ameritrade one). No duplicate accounts....no freaky download issues. I'm sure next time I log on, Money will have turned my personal finances into a jigsaw puzzle. When you were having problems updating, what did you do to fix it? >-----Original Message----- >I'm scared to breathe! All my bank, brokerage, and >credit accounts sync and are updating with the right >balances (even that pesky Ameritrade one). No duplicate >ac...

"Excel Stopped Working" Message
Often, when I close (exit from) Excel, as well as Visio and, I think, also Word, I get a message that the program has stopped working and is restarting. The program does open itself and I have to exit again. How do I fix this problem. My operating system is Vista business edition. -- mrice ...

Yodlee-managed accounts no longer syncing?
Since this past weekend my accounts which are managed through Yodlee are no being synchronized. Has anyone else encountered this and knows of a solution? Having the same problem with Bank of America accounts for California with no updating since April 9 "Bob" wrote: > Since this past weekend my accounts which are managed through Yodlee are no > being synchronized. Has anyone else encountered this and knows of a solution? Yes, one of my account affected is a B of A account in California, but ALL of my Yodlee-managed accounts are equally affected. My last suc...

MSP updates actual work when editing work in resource usage view
Hi, we recently switched to a master project arrangement for all our projects, which brought on the need to use resource usage view to hand edit the distribution of remaining work for each resource/task. This has generally worked fine, except recently we've found this very annoying problem - when we alter the work values, MSP is actually also modifying the actual work values with the same numbers - why would it be doing this? Heres an example: Task1: Res1 has completed 5 hours of actual work, and has 4 hours remaining. These are scheduled for a Monday in 3 weeks, and ...

IS anyone using this scanner?
I am looking at using this scanner to take physical inventory and to scan in invoices in. I was just wondering if this would work with rms because of the fact that it is wireless. I'm not sure if it's gonna work in RMS. But you can always scan in Excel and import a CSV in RMS. Regards, Julien "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C04EC3A-5F67-4FAE-AD71-91A717AFD723@microsoft.com... >I am looking at using this scanner to take physical inventory and to scan >in > invoices in. I was just wondering if this would w...

Portable inventory scanner
We are looking for a portable inventory scanner at a decent price. All we need is something simple that can export to a format that can be loaded into RMS Physical Inventory tool. I've been looking at a Symbol MC1000. The cheapest I can find it is about $500 and I'm not certain if it'll do what we need. Anyone have any lower cost or more compatible suggestions? ...

TransferSpreadsheet and NamedRange; not working!
This is partly an Access question, but partly an Excel question, so I’m posting here (already posted at the Access group). I’m trying to import a range from an Excel sheet into an Access table. The error I get is as follows, ‘The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ‘TransposedSheet$RyanRange’. Make sure the object exists and that you spell it and spell the path name correctly.’ Here is the code that produces the error (this is running from Access): Function ImportFctn() On Error GoTo ImportRVP_Err DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("...

Tooltips in dialogs stopped working
Hi, It was just reported to me that tooltips in dialog boxes in my app do not work. I've had the app out for over 2 years and this stuff was working properly. I have not modified anything in this area for a while. I did upgrade to VS2008 few months ago but I don't know if tooltips worked after the upgrade or not. Anyway, could someone please give me some ideas on what to look for? I'd welcome _any_ ideas, however odd they might be. I'm trying to avoid going back to my source depository and restore one version at a time. BTW, I did check the basic stuff: ON_NOTIFY(...

Need fix for daotable example to work with Access 2000 .mdb files
I have compiled both 6.0 and .NET daotable examples, but the 6.0 version will only open Access 97 formats unlike the .NET version which opens both 97 and 2000. What must I do to get the 6.0 version to open both 97 and 2000 Access .mdb files? TIA -- Todd R. Jacobs Thanks Roy, AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion = 0x0601; did the trick, Todd "Roy Fine" <rlfine@nomail.org> wrote in message news:ONn3gO#RDHA.2892@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Todd, > > have a look at these links... > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q236991 > > http...

MY OLE stopped working?
Until recently My Corel Photo Shop 6 program was integrated with outlook so that if I wanted to "Email" a picture, Corel would open a new Email message with the desired file(s) as an attachment. As of today, I get a "Not Implemented" message from Outlook, and then some weird error messages. Strangely enough, the message is created and is sitting in the "outbox" with no addresses, so it never leaves, so I can close the session, open the email and edit the address and everything works fine... but why did something "break". Thanks Ooops, oh yea......

Conditional SUM Wizard does not work with dynamic list.

MSO document imaging: No compatible scanner found. Please install scanner
XP home, v 2002, sp3 MS office pro 2003, sp3 Epson Perfection 1200 Epson driver 5.5.3.0, USB, up to date Epson Twain 5 Problem: The scanner works normally in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Image composer. It does not work in MSO Document Imaging; when I click the Scanner button, the pull down list is empty. When I click scan, I get this error message: No compatible scanner found. Please install scanner. I have run detect and repair and rebooted, to no avail. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you, Clem. Ok, I fixed it: uninstalled and re-installed off...

Changing service StartMode via WMI -- why won't work?
I've just started learning about using WMI in VBScript, and have a code sample that I think *should* work, but doesn't. The relevant code stripped to its essentials is: If objSvc.StartMode <> "Auto" Then objSvc.StartMode = "Auto" objSvc.Put_ End If The upshot is that lines 2 & 3 will run without a hitch and without throwing an error code, but the service remains "Disabled" as far as Windows is concerned. The odd thing is that until the script ends, it thinks that the StartMode really has been changed to "Auto", ...

Customization work on Dev, but not on Production in 3.0.
I have made custom aspx pages in 3.0 of CRM on my dev machine (workstation). Had the production server point to my machine in a post url within workflow http://workstation/service.aspx and it works fine. I copy my files to production crm and post url within workflow http://server/service.aspx and it is broken. I am doing the EXACT same deployment process that I did with 1.2 with no issues. What is going wrong? The exact url is http://workstation1/service.aspx on my workstation and http://localhost/service.aspx on my production server. I have also tried http://crm/service.aspx, b...

Out of Office wizard
How do I get the "out of office wizard" on my outlook? It used to be there on my old computer which was running Windows 98. I have since upgraded to Windows 2000. Hi Stuart, The Out Of Office Assistant is a feature that is only available with the Microsoft Exchange Server service. It is only available when the Microsoft Exchange Server information service is included in your profile, and you are connected to a functional Microsoft Exchange Server. To learn more about this, please refer to Knowledge Base article ID: 196808.KB.EN-US. You can paste the link below in your browser f...

Help does not allow entry in Answer Wizard or Index tab
Hello -- I am using Office 2000 Pro; Excel version is 9.0.6976 SP-3.. If I click a word in VBA, Help displays a help screen about it. However, the top menu bar says "Microsoft Access Help". I have Access on the machine. And, if I click the Answer Wizard or Index tab, the shape of the cursor in any field changes to a horizontal, double-ended arrow. Can anyone tell he how to solve this problem? Thanks for any help. L Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.572 / Virus Database: 362 - Release Date...

self adjusting pie chart segment colours based upon set conditions on the work sheet
I am trying work out a way in which to get pie chart segments to sho one of three colours based upon set percentage conditions on the hos worksheet for each segment value -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Set up a range with your percentages. Say you wanted to identify <20%, 20-40%, and >40%. Put these numbers in the sheet: 0 0.2 0.4 And color the cells they are in with the color you want the wedge (for red below 20%, color the cell with 0 red). This way is easiest, because if you want to change the percentage cut offs, or the colors, you can easily change the she...

URLs no longer launnching
URLs in my emails will no longer launch when clicked. I am using Office/Outlook 2000. Only recent change is the installation of Norton Internet Security, but I think I had ok launches since then. Any help would be appreciated. ...

SBS 2003
Hi, We have a Windows 2003 SBS with SP2. We have been having problems with the IIS websites since last Tuesday. They will run correctly for a few days and then just stop. User's see the following message when they try to access the websites: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" The IIS websites will show up as "running" in IIS, and restarting the IIS services doesn't help, but if the server is rebooted everything will come up and work correctly for a few days. There are not any errors in the application log, and the W3SVC1 log does...

Commissions not working
Yes The filter is set I have tried everything ...

Scanner Weirdness
I'm having odd problems with my scanner, which is an HP 6200C. I've had it for quite a few years now - the newest OS "officially" supported by the scanner is Windows 2000! - so maybe it is just getting so old that it needs to be replaced. Then again, I've never used it very heavily and it has been _slightly_ flakey for several years but not as flakey as it has been these last few days. I'm running Windows XP Professional SP2 on a nearly new quad-core computer with an ASUS-M3A motherboard. I don't have any idea how to troubleshoot scanners and so lit...

Work Order Add-in
Looking for a service order module for the following: We would use it to create a new work order for when a customer brings in a computer to work on. The work order module would allow us to type in notes as to what is wrong with the computer. It would also allow us to input information about the computer, i.e. make of computer, desktop or notebook, speed of computer, operating system installed. Also, should be an area to input any items that were dropped off. Should be able to generate a receipt for the computer that would be used when picking up the computer. For work flow, should...

MFC Wizard
hi, I have created a wizard (CPropertySheet) using the visual studio property sheet plug-in. When my pages are shown on the property sheet they are looking odd. A margin is being added to the left and the right of the dialog. Furthermore, the margin on the right is larger than the margin on the left, making my dialog look mis-aligned. I am sure that others have seen the same thing because what I am describing always happens. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to avoid these margins completely? Thanks, Jeremy. Property sheet usually adds a margin around the property pages. So before...

Insert from Scanner option NEEDED

Working with GroupName in a control
I have 2 forms. On both forms I have option buttons. Form1 has 4 optionbuttons: Central, Northeast, South and West. Form2 has 4 Frames for each region and in each frame I have between 10 to 20 markets. My objective is: Whan I click on any of the region optionbuttons on form1, I want to open form2 with only the region's frame enabled, along with all the markets optionbuttons within the frame. At the same time, I want the other three region frames and all their respective market optionbuttons to be disabled. So far this is where I am and I am stuck: Private Sub optCentra...