We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not
need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot!
Regards and TIA.
--------

"Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message
news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up?
> PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3.
> This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in
> one
> go, at start up on this machine.
> We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not
> need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot!
> Regards and TIA.
> --------

Easy - create a scheduled task via the Control Panel that runs chkdsk.exe /F
at the specified intervals. If you run the task under the System account
then it will be invisible to the foreground session.

0
Pegasus
4/29/2010 5:26:07 AM
Response at bottom:
"Pegasus [MVP]" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start
>> up?
>> PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3.
>> This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in
>> one
>> go, at start up on this machine.
>> We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do
>> not
>> need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot!
>> Regards and TIA.
>> --------
>>

> Easy - create a scheduled task via the Control Panel that runs chkdsk.exe
> /F at the specified intervals. If you run the task under the System
> account then it will be invisible to the foreground session.

Thanks - will give it a go later today!
:-)
--------

Can not start Outlook 2003
Hi, We have SBS 2003 with the Exchange 2003 mail server. In one computer is not possible start the Outlook 2003 - when I try this with OWA in the same WS - all is O.K. Only when I start Outlook in this WS normaly - Outlook start not, only again and again try connect to the Exchange server and load the data. When I try login with the same name in other WS, all is O.K. - the problem is only in one WS. Have anybody any ideas, what I should try ? Jaro What is the error msg my friend? Did you create a profile for this user on this particular computer in Outlook2003? OWA is web based and ha...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

2005 Money Premium: Install crashes, can't get started
I can't request email support because I can't open the program to get the Product Identification Number. Wait time on phone is 1 hour 7 min. Initial install window leads to message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". I run Win 98 SE on Celeron 400 MHZ HP Pavilion. Up to date AVG anti-virus and Ad-aware and Spybot spyware programs. Any thoughts or easy fixes? This is frustrating. PS - I have also removed my old Money 99 thinking that might confuse things, but it did not help. In microsoft.public.money, psychtobe wrote: >I can&...

xp desktop and start button missin
cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open anytgin In task mgr,locate "new task",type: cmd In cmd type: CHKDSK C: After,you may want to type: Sfc /Scannow Install xp cd,exit the menu page.Once its thru,remove xp cd,type: CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart,type: EXIT Restart pc. "jen" wrote: > cant get into to windows even in safe mode have to go to task manager to open > anytgin ...

Automatically run macro

run time error 10-22-03

Excel Continuous Running Total

Money 2002 will not run

Unable to Start Live Communication Server 2005 SP1
Hi Guys, I've recently deployed LCS 2005 SP1 in my network environment, but somehow I wasn't able to start the service after the Activation stage. When I checked the event viewer, these are the errors I got: Event Type: Error Event Source: Live Communications Server Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 12299 Date: 2/24/2006 Time: 7:03:32 PM User: N/A Computer: MERCURY Description: The service is shutting down due to an internal error. Error Code: 0xC3EA5008. Resolution: Check the previous event log entries and resolve them. Restart the server. If the problem persists contact produ...

Starting Outlook refers to file ...\Addins\outbak.dll
Recently, each time I start Outlook, I get the message: c:\Documents and Settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\c:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\Addins\outbak.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. But the Addins folder has no file. Where would Outlook have this incorrect setting? Any idea what this is? I'm on Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. Close Outlook - find and rename extend.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. If the problem persists, go to Tools->options->advanced->other and check under both COM add-ins, and Add-in Manager. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post a...

Ways to Start a particular form?
1) I want to automatically open a particular form when the Access file (Access 2007) is opened. I would prefer doing this with a Macro. 2) I would also like to start a particular form what I click on a menu page to open it? Suggestions PLEASE? Question 1 - Create a macro named Autoexec with action OpenForm and the form as argurment. It will run every time Access is opened except when the SHIFT key is held down. Querstion 2 - What kind of 'menu page' do you have? -- Build a little, test a little. "BobC" wrote: > 1) I want to automatical...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

Exchange Routing Engine service not start
In my company, exchange 2003 and IIS 6.0 are installed in windows 2003 sbs premium server. We are receiving the emails from service verifier by pop3 connector. Except exchange roting engine service, all the service are working after the server opening the error 1083. According to information that i gained from internet , in order to solve the problem. Exchange and IIS servers must be reinstalled. Is there any other solution instead of reinstalling exchange and iis server? "Could not start the Microsoft Routing Engine Service on local computer Error 1083: executable program that thi...

Win 7 Pro running 64 bit with Outlook 2007. Problem: frequent cras
I have a brand-new computer with i-7 processors and 8 GB of RAM running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. At the time of upgrading to new computer, i upgraded office 2003 to 2007. For the first month, all was well. Suddenly, my computer started crashing regularly, as in every 30 minutes. The screen would go blank, the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work, and I would have to do a hard reboot. The store where i bought the PC has done everything imaginable to try to isolate the problem. They have swapped out every component, including the RAM, motherboard, power supply, video card and all ca...

Set Default Inbox When Outlook Starts
How do I set a default Inbox that Outlook will open when the program is launched? Right now it opens an "Inbox" that is unused; I want it to point to my IMAP mailbox. Thanks in advance. Freddy <none@none.com> wrote: > How do I set a default Inbox that Outlook will open when the program > is launched? Right now it opens an "Inbox" that is unused; I want it > to point to my IMAP mailbox. Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options. Set your startup folder there. -- Brian Tillman ...

Run AutoDim without running Integration
I wonder how to modify the AutoDim.txt file so that every time the it only execute the macro file to logon into Great Plains, run couple of posting and then logoff Great Plains after posting. Is AutoDim able to run without running any integration? I don't see that happening as it wasn't the original idea behind the application. However if all you want to do is what you are saying, just create a macro to do this and run it via a scheduler. I believe there are several KB articles that talk about macros and dynamics/great plains. patrick developer support -- This posting is...

DTM Need help deciding which tests to run.
Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right group, so if I'm in the wrong place please tell me. I'm trying to get drivers signed for a USB device, and I'm not certain which category it falls under. The device uses winusb. It is an embedded system for test and measurement that only uses control and bulk transfers. It also has an embedded hub that exposes an additional port for general use. Thank you for your time, Jay Dolan Did you ever get through WHQL testing with winusb and the inf file? I am trying to pass WHQL testing and have encountered 3 errors ...