Run DLL error message-windows7

Hi,every time i turn on my comp,i have this error message-Run DLL
there was a problem starting-C:\Windows\system32\sshnas.dll
The specifield module could not be found.
please help?

SSHNAS.DLL
Trojan.Dropper/Win-NV

http://www.superantispyware.com/malwarefiles/SSHNAS.DLL.html

--
Rey

graniteson wrote:
> Hi, every time I turn on my comp, I have this error message "RunDLL
> There was a problem starting C:\Windows\sSystem32\sshnas.dll
> The specified module could not be found."
> Please help?

The malware was deleted by your a/v software, but the reference to the
file was not removed from the registry.

Click Start, Run, type REGEDIT, click OK.  Press the Home key, press F3,
type the name of the file into the search pane.  Click "Find Next", and
when located, delete the reference to the file.  Press F3 to continue
the search.

You can click File, Export, and save the entry to the Desktop.  If you
remove it and there's a problem, double-click the .reg file you exported
to the Desktop and it'll be added to the registry again.  You can create
a restore point before editing the registry too.

You could click Start, Run, type MSCONFIG, click OK, click the StartUp
tab, and deselect the item(s).  When you restart the computer, you will
be warned that you're running in the Diagnostic mode; click to not alert
you again, and OK out.  You won't see the message again.  But I think
it's best to just remove the references from the registry.

--
Joe   =o)
0
wrote:
> Hi,every time i turn on my comp,i have this error message-Run DLL
> there was a problem starting-C:\Windows\system32\sshnas.dll
> The specifield module could not be found.
> please help?

Here is the best way to resolve this common issue:

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific
module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that
was set to run at startup but has been deleted by your scanning
software.

Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the
file was mostly likely removed during an scan for malicious software.
However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling
Windows to load the file when you boot up.

Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error
message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops
searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download and install Autoruns, search for the related
entry and then delete it.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Launch Autoruns.exe and wait for it to finish populating the list of
entries.

When it is done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.

Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the
file(s) in the error message.

Right-click on the entry and choose delete.

Reboot your computer and troubleshoot remaining issues.

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM):  http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS):  http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.
0
Jose
11/28/2009 2:14:33 PM
graniteson;1705758 Wrote:
> Hi,every time i turn on my comp,i have this error message-Run DLL
> there was a problem starting-C:\Windows\system32\sshnas.dll
> The specifield module could not be found.
> please help?

I have sorted out this problem via another forum. It is a Trojan, and
doesn't really do much except annoy the hell out of you everytime you
start windows.
The program you require is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It found 16
infections on my 'newly installed' Windows 7!! It disinfected the lot
and deleted them. The error message then disappeared! Great
stuff!!:smile:

--
placemat
0

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Error opening the Workflow Manager
Hi everybody ! I have this error when I attempt to open the Workflow manager (my installation is new and I never opened the workflow Managerbefore): "Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow service has not been started or is not configured correctly" My configuration is: - Windows 2003 SRV STD - Exchange 2003 - SQL 2005 w/ reporting services 2005. Apart from that, everything is working properly. I can login the system, generate reports, manage entities, everything. I can even open the Workflow Monitor! Am'I missing something in the configuratio...

Payables Batch error
Hi All, While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the following error message: Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery window. When we try to view the payables batch (Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message: This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch...

run time error 10-22-03

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Automatically run macro

DoCmd.OpenReport error 2501
Hello. Using Access 2002 on Windows XP Pro, SP2 computer. When running the code at the end of this post, it blows up on the DoCmd.OpenReport with error 2501. I can't figure out why. I tried searching for that error with no luck. This problem only occurs on one computer. The same program works for everyone else on the LAN. It is being run from a network drive. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony If strWhere = " " Then DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview Else DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , strWhere End If Exit_Command2_Cli...

Synchronization errors #2
Outlook 2003 is not properly synchronizing offline files. I have gone throught the send/receive settings I have checked the cache mode. However, it will synch the files if you manually go through each folder right click and Prcess the Headers. Operating System for this machine is XP. Thanks in advance for any help and guidance If you delete the .ost and try again does it work? If you try a new mail profile, does that help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my...

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd parsing error
Short: It seems that System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema cannot handle the original http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd. How do I workaround? Is there a "Microsoft compatible XML Schema schema" anywhere? The Long Story: I have an XML format that somewhere embeds an xs:schema <xs:element ref="xs:schema"/> to accomplish this, i have to add <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/> to my XSD and define a namespace prefix xs. System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchema fails to load my schema, because xs:element is not defined", so i changed this...

Inbound TSL messages
What does the other domain need to do in order to read our TSL messages? We have generated an x.509 certificate and have created a second smtp virtual server and connector with their domain in the address space. What does the other domain need to do to read our email address correctly? Do we need to send them a copy of our x.509 certificate? Will our emails bounced back? Thank you. ...

Excel Short of memory error
Where is the repair feature to try and fix this problem? Perhaps you could give us a few more details:- What OS What version Excel When does the error occur Is it specific to one file Does it happen to all files Does it happen with no files but when you start excel All of these things help us enormously, and the trick to getting a good answer is in asking a good question, else you end up dancing around with a dozen different options whilst we run through the book.. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

NTVDM error?
I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax software. The program won't open and I get the error: "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\ProWin09\32bit\PROSER~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." Can anyone help? Try this thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5039-NTVDM-CPU-illegal-instruction-.html "court475" <court475@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E4A8614-9C1C-4EE6-B26B-55C0A19827F9@microsoft.com... >I just got a new Dell laptop, and installed ProSeries 2009 tax sof...

Preview
I am using Publisher 2007 with Windows 7 and everytime I try to preview the document, Publisher goes into "not responding" mode and resets the preview all over again and again and again.... Any ideas how to fix this? Is your video/graphics driver current? Take a look at the 4th FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs Windows 7 may have the display properties placed differently. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ulli" <Ulli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7AA38-7A4F-4F36-842D-EB8CF67ABD01@microsoft.com... ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

Extracting Email Addresses within Message
Help! I have been receiving a very large amount of returned email errors. Over 200. In order to properly investigate and validate email addresses enclosed in each returned email error message, I need to create a complete list of them. Without going into each and everyone to cut & paste. That would take way longer than I have available. Is there a method or freeware utilities that could extract all email addresses from within the message area of each email automatically? Thank in advance. //Ken The root-cause of these messages are probably spammers and virus-infected machines on the...

Strange error.
I'm working with an OLEDB connection to a Microsoft Access database, coding in VB.net ' Connection String is set here (called from constructor) Private Function GetConnection() As OleDb.OleDbConnection Return New OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB. 4.0;" _ & "Data Source=" & mDataPath & "\DAQ.mdb") End Function ' Sub that's throwing the error: Public Sub insertStart(ByVal sTime As Date, ByVal jobID As Integer) Dim sql As String = "EXECUTE startTheor" insCmd = New Ole...

Windows installer error
I'm tryingto down load new software, System Suite10, and my computer keeps giving me the pop up errorsaying, windows is in safe mode or windows installer is not correctly installed. This computer is about 2yrs old and has never done this till recently, =?Utf-8?B?Y2Nn?= <ccg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:40B819EE-39C8-4DFB-99F9-ED8E1EBE1DCD@microsoft.com: > I'm tryingto down load new software, System Suite10, and my computer > keeps giving me the pop up errorsaying, windows is in safe mode or > windows installer is not correctly installed. ...

questions on call dll function
Hi, all I have a MFC program and a DLL written by C language, I want to call the DLL function ,but when I try to compile the application, the compiler tells me that " C2065: 'dsfeed' : undeclared identifier".actually "dsfeed" is one function of the punch dll . Could any body give me help, thanks in advance! please see my code as below: #pragma comment(lib, "punch.lib") #include "punch.h" #include "stdafx.h" #include "test.h" #include "testDlg.h" .... ... void CTestDlg::OnButton2() { // TODO: Add your...

Money 2002 will not run

Error when deleting mail from outlook
I'm getting an error saying ERROR UNKNOWN when deleting mail from outlook. Please, Please Help KidoL ...

Word error prevents its use as Outlook editor
I have Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 from Office XP Professional. If I start with a freshly rebooted system, open Outlook, and try to reply or forward an email, it tries to open it in Word, but says that Word is busy or cannot be found. I can even shut down Word in the Task Manager and try it again, yet the same thing happens. Once I do this and shut down Outlook, Word continues to run in the background (on Task Manager or refusing to shut down). As long as i do not try to reply or forward a message, none of this occurs. what can i do to correct this??? I tried to repair and restore from with...

Fatal Error
I have a Dell laptop - all of a sudden received a Fatal Error message - Right now I am using my Desktop and trying to find a solution - Thanks for any help. Call Dell Support Sorry, this is a Great Plains discussion group. "Ginnie" <Ginnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5BEFC1F-9E53-48F7-8B7E-DB51491942EB@microsoft.com... >I have a Dell laptop - all of a sudden received a Fatal Error message - >Right > now I am using my Desktop and trying to find a solution - Thanks for any > help. Sorry - thought the GP was General Public "MichaelG&...