Relative File locations

I have a program that opens file #1 in folder XYZ.  In this file is a
reference to another file #2  in another folder.  Is there a way to
reference file #2 so if I put file #2 and file #1 in the same folder, the
reference will always be made to the folder that contains the file #1, no
matter where I may relocate it?

Thanks,

copy files back to IMAP server converts all attachments
I messed up and set up my server as POP3 instead of IMAP in Outlook 2002. The first time I did send/receive it pulled all the messages from my INBOX down and deleted them from the server. I tried copying them back every way I can come up with but all the attachments are converted to winmail.dat and are completely unusable except through outlook. Is their anyway to correct this via copying rather than having to forward all of these to myself? ...

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

how to reduce file size
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way i can make an excel file size a bit smaller. i have a couple of dynamic draph and about 7,000 rows of data in it. Its like 8Mbs and it keeps crashing. Am suspecting its because of the size. thanx a lot Hi maybe the following helps: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany delali wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if there was a way i can make an excel > file size a bit smaller. > i have a couple of dynamic draph and about 7,000 rows of > data in it. Its like 8Mbs and it keeps crashing. A...

Outllok 2007
I have Office 2007 Ultimate running under my Vista Ultimate operating system. Ever since Office 2007 was installed, whenever I open Outlook 2007 up pops an error message telling me that:_ "A data file did not close properly the last it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress" Since I always close down Outlook correctly and have run Scanpst.exe to correct any errors (in fact every time I run scanpst.exe it finds and corrects errors!) then cannot understand why there should be a problem with data files. Can an...

Norton Ghost Image HQ Server then backup database file daily fine?
Would ghosting the hard drive image of our Windows 2003 HQ server once to an external storage space then daily backing up the HQ database file with a batch file + task scheduler be sufficient for backup purposes? Nothing is ever installed or changed on the server except the HQ database file I believe? And perhaps some windows security updates but that can always be re-downloaded. Matt, If you are speaking of Windows 2003 Server, Ghost will not work. Use LiveState Recovery from Symantec instead. Ghost only works with XP and W2K We use a batch file to backup the database and Ghost to ba...

Cannot delete HDD partition; antivirus file on partition
I tried to delete the partition on my external hard drive using Disk Management in Computer Management. I got these two error messages: "Logical Disk Manager: The request cannot be completed because the volume is open or in use. It may be configured as a system, boot, or pagefile volume, or, to hold a crashdump file." "Disk Management: The partition <Partition name> (N:) Primary partition is currently in use. To force the deletion of this partition, click Yes. WARNING: Forcing a deletion might cause unexpected errors in the application that is using this partit...

PDF file #7

Pulisher Files on shares drive
Hi, we have three computers each with publisher 200 installed. One computer has a shared drive which is accessed by all computers and is used for storing data files. Have had no problems uintil recently. Now if we create a publisher file on Machine 1 and then try to open it on machine 2 or 3 I get a message telling me that the file is locked by another machine. I can cvreate a file on machine 2 or 3 and open it on machine 1. Not quite surre what has happended, but and advice gratefully received thanks Alex Publisher is not network-friendly. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Pub...

exporting excel charts as eps files
I am wanting to know whether it is possible to export (or save) a microsoft excel chart or graph as a vector file (e.g. eps or emf file). Basically i am wanting to export an excel chart or graph as a vector-based file so that i can input it into a desktop publishing programme like Adobe Indesign. Simply doing a copy and paste from excel to InDesign only copies a screen-resolution image, which is, of course, useless. Most other graphing programmes have the option of exporting graphs as vector files, so i am hoping that excel is the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer...

Remove Bin from location
Hi there, Has anyone had trouble removing bins from a site before? We have a client that is attempting this and gets the message, This bin can't be removed from the site because it has inventory quantities or a pending transaction' There are no inventory quantities outstanding or pending transactions, so we're going to have them run Check Links on IV, but before they do this would there be any other way to do it? Thanks again. Regards, Microsoft Certified Trainer Professional Advantage Pty Ltd www.pa.com.au/microsoft Run Reconcile rather than CheckLinks. -- Charles All...

Reflect file path (show drive letters) in Excel 2000
Hi, If i am on a network environment and using excel 2000, i wish to reflect the file location e.g. D:\project good\chart\book 2000.xls How do i get excel 200 to generate the file location, other than having the file name and sheet only? Hello Alicia, Enter this formula, exactly as shown in a workbook that has been saved... =CELL("filename") Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Alicia" <Alicia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64EB8582-FDFA-42E7-96B1-A762FC928676@microsoft.com... > Hi, > If i am on a network environment and using excel 2000, i w...

Indirect function
Hi, I struggle to create a macro with INDIRECT function that would jump to different cells. What cell I want to jump to depends on a currently selected cell. This means I need to put a relative reference into the function. Here is my function - I need to replace R1C1 expression with a realtive one (currently selected cell address with the same behavior as R1C1 expression). How can I do that? Application.Goto Reference:= _ "INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56C8,""!"",""a"",MATCH(R56C1,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(R56 C8,1)),false)))" Whatever I do I get follo...

Sorting PO.XML and PORCV.XML File
Is it possible to set how the Po.xml and porcv.xml files are sorted? I know they will sort based on how the Items are sorted in the contents tab, The problem I am having is that I need to sort based on the BinLocation and it is not one of the fields on the Contents tab. Any Ideas? Thanks, Butch This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0619_01C75557.A2B44F70 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_061A_01C75557.A2B44F70" ------=_NextPart_001_061A_01C75557.A2B44F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Cont...

Duplicate Data Files in Navigation Pane
I have duplicate data files/folders in my folder list in the Navigation Pane of Outlook 2003 (with all updates) running on XP Professional again fully updated. Each entry has the same list of Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Sent Items etc. Both folders have the same name and are identical and point to the same pst file. If I amend any entry in one, it appears in the other. E-mail arrive in both folders (as they are actually the same). One folder has the little home icon associated with it. If I try and close the non-home data file, the close option is in grey. How do I get rid of the duplica...

Free Download of File Conversion Software #2
Free 60-day trial download of ConvertMyFile, a Windows program that lets you convert your files into alternative formats. �ConvertMyFile will transform Word Documents (in RTF format) to PDF Files. �ConvertMyFile will convert Excel Spreadsheets into PDF format as well as into HTML pages. �ConvertMyFile will also take your pictures (BMP or JPG) and convert them into PDF files. Only $9.95 to license. Quantity discounts and site licenses available. www.geocities.com/conversionsoftware ...

Save an Excel file to Text Question
When inserting the text Hello" in cell A1, and then trying to save the spreadsheet to a text file, it writes "Hello""", I want it to write Hello", how do I do this. Thanks, Save as a Formatted Text (Space Delimited) (*.prn) file. Then just rename the file's extension to something like .TXT so you can more easily open it in Notepad/Word, etc. >-----Original Message----- >When inserting the text Hello" in cell A1, and then trying >to save the spreadsheet to a text file, it >writes "Hello""", I want it to write Hel...

Corrupted file
I have a corrupted excel file that was password protected. Is there any way to recover something like this? Use your backup file. Tyro "Bill Fruge" <BillFruge@comcast.net> wrote in message news:14F01325-E81B-40BB-AC2F-B65E999EC066@microsoft.com... >I have a corrupted excel file that was password protected. Is there any way >to recover something like this? > > Run sfc /scannow. "Bill Fruge" <BillFruge@comcast.net> wrote in message news:14F01325-E81B-40BB-AC2F-B65E999EC066@microsoft.com... >I have a corrupted excel file that was passwo...

combining related data into one row of data
Access 2003 If I have a table like this with fields and data like this: Table1 Acct - Name ------ value1 - value2 - value3 123------Bob------------10-----------10-------10 123------Sue------------10-----------10-------10 How can I get a query result like this? Acct - Name ------ value1 - value2 - value3 123--- Bob, Sue------20------------20--------20 Any assistance greatly appreciated! RBolling On Aug 2, 4:54 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: > There is a generic concatenate function with sample usage athttp://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp...

file format not valid
On my old computer I can receive an excel attachment but on the new one I receive the above error message. When I go to help, it suggests the external format is not valid and to save it in normal. I have no idea what they're talking about. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Sylvia What versions of Excel are on the old and new machine? What version of excel was used to create the file you can't open It sounds like you might have an older version of Excel on the "new" computer Regards Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co ----- Sylvia wrote: ---- ...

cannot find file
I moved my music library to an external hard drive. Now windows media player cannot find any file. It tells me that "the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted." I know that. Even if I open the music folder in my external hardrive and click "play", or "open with", media player cannot find it. Real player can find it, but I never really used it before that library has not had a change. Can anyone help me get media player to find these files. On Mar 2, 10:36=A0am, johnnyfd <johnn...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

relative path...
Hello, Using VC++6, I have created an MFC application. My .exe utilizes an outside folder named 'MyFolder'. Presently, I have used the following code in my .exe to access 'MyFolder': CString InitialPath="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Main\\Desktop\ \MyFolder\\"; 'MyFolder' is located in the same folder as my '.exe' What relative path could I use so '.exe' can access 'MyFolder'? Thanks in advance, RABMissouri2007 "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1188483407.448383.320730@g4g2000hsf.goo...

I want chart source data to be relative references, not absolute.
Everytime I try to enter the chart source data as a relative reference, Excel automatically adds the dollar signs to make the references absolute. I have 12 groups of columns repeating data above the graphs. (The rows and the columns are identical, except for the data entered in the variable cells.) If the cell source data were relative, I could copy the original chart over 11 times and be done. Since it is not, I have to go in each chart and manually edit the source data to adjust the column references. This is a pain. Also, if we delete or add any groups of column data, which we...

how to read .MSG files without Outlook ?
How to read .MSG files without Outlook ? Do you know a good .msg viewer ? Thanks to everybody ... E. to the best of my knowledge, there isn;t a msg viewer. You need to use outlook or exchange messaging client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ ...

File Size #4
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 Is there a reason that Publisher files keep growing in size? We have a weekly bulletin with some static information and some information that changes from week to week. On Monday, we open last week's publication, delete the no-longer-relavent text boxes and pictures, and add new text boxes and pictures for the current week. That has been our standard practice. I just noticed that the file size is increasing exponentially which leads me to believe that even though I delete things, there is still some sort of "ghost" material left in the...

Change All Files at One GO!?
Dear All I have 18 files of the same structure and all 18 files have a worksheet in there that's named as CURRENT which stands for the current data for this month. The data in CURRENT for all 18 files is drawn from the same file. Every month, I would have to copy this file and paste it in the CURRENT worksheet of all 18 files. Is there a way I can link this particular file to all 18 files so that I do not need to open all 18 files to do it every month? Another thing that I need to do when opening these 18 files, is that I would need to copy for eg Column B to Column D and paste it to...