reinstalling windows

windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the
set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to
continue". at the bottom of the screen it says " setup failed". do i need to
format the disc so that i can reinstall windows and if so, how do i do it?

thanks,

mike

mikalle wrote:
> windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the
> set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to
> continue". at the bottom of the screen it says " setup failed". do i need to
> format the disc so that i can reinstall windows and if so, how do i do it?
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

Sounds like your XP CD is borked. Use another computer to make a fresh
copy. Copying won't copy the scratches.

How do I Install Publisher2003 in windows ME? HELP!
I have Windows Millineum and I am trying to install publisher2003 with digital imaging for a much needed and overdue newsletter project. It will not install. It tells me that I need a newer version of Windows, but when I check on publisher's requirements, it reads windows 2000 or above so I believe it should install. If anyone can tell me what to do, I would appreciate it. Keep in mind that I know very little about computers, very, very, little. Thanks, Linda Carter Housecat02@hotmail.com It will never install on Windows Me. Read the box... Publisher 2003 will install on Wind...

Reinstall " framedyn.dll "
I've been to Google for this but I still have not had any success . Might there be a solution without paying for this supposed fix ? I'm running XP SP3 , OE 6 . TIA , D. "Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114 D. wrote: > I've been to Google for this but > I still have not had any success . > Might there be a solution without > paying for this supposed fix ?...

Outlook 2003 and Windows 7 problem
I justed added Outlook 2003 to my new computer which came with Windows 7 preinstalled. Everything seemed to be working ok until I tried to add apic to an email. I pressed the insert file button and hit the drop down looking for the libraries folder to get a pic. I'm finding that in outlook this folder is blank. I have plenty of pics in libraries so I know that is not the issue. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and a possible fix? Thnaks Brian Office 2003 uses its own file browser which is not aware of the Library structure which was introduced in Windows...

Windows Live Call
Hi everybody, hello Jonathan, I would like to know if Windows Live Call will be available in Czech Republic or there is any possibility MS starts discussion with any local call provider? WLM isnt used so much as the ICQ in CZ, but I think WLM would be more popular if there would be this option, because ICQ supports only SMS messages and local call rates are high (except Skype). Thanks for answer and happy new year to all :) Greetings Petr, I really have no idea and to be honest, I probably won't be able to find out. However, if I do, I will update this threa...

Added Windows 2008 TS to SBS 2003: Group Policy
All, Yesterday I added a new Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server to our existing SBS 2003 R2 environment. My question is this: I want to "lock down" this new server, so do I create a Group Policy on the SBS box or on the new 2008 TS box? Thank you, Thomas Hello Thomas, To configure a GPO for Windows server 2008 R2 you should use a Windows 7 machine or the server, install GPMC and if needed RSAT tools on the Windows server 2008 R2 from "add features" Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warra...

IMF
We had a problem with IIS which meant we had to remove and reinstall it. Since we have it back up and running IMF seems to no longer work. when trying to reinstall sp2 for exchange 2003 it is saying a previous version of imf exists. This is definatley not IMF v1 as we have had SP2 installed for a while and no problems. Any ideas how i can workaround this problem? Just as a side note OWA has also stopped working, when inputting your username and password you get a message saying: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden". Not sure if they are related as of yet. Cheers in advance for any he...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

toobar missing from document window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I get my toolbars to appear in new (and old) documents at the top of the page they way they did in my old Word version? When I click formatting, the menu appears in a separate box and not inside the document window. I cannot drag and drop it in the toolbox the way I used to do... Not sure what "old Word version" you're referring to, but I don't recall Toolbars being in the document window in any version of Word � Windows or Mac � *other* than 2008. They've always been (and still...

I can't reinstall the Personal Folders Backup
M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003 After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't=20 install the Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP. I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see=20 setup has detect that you already have a version of=20 Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before=20 this download can be installed you must uninstall the=20 previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the=20 next question. Are you sure you want to uninstall the product? I answer YES I see this action is only valid for products that are=20 installed. SETUP ERRO...

Priting from a splitter window
I am attempting access the onPrint function of a splitter window. I have six splitter windows, of which the top left window is a formview. The print menu item messages the formview, which does not print anything. What I would really like to do is print the contents of the "second" splitter window. How can I direct the print message to the correct splitter window? I am using the SplitterWndEx class as described in http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/7113.shtml Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Pat You never print the splitter window itself, but the view it sp...

Reinstall of IE8
How can I reinstall IE8? The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8. -- Bob M Hi Bob, One would ask why you want to re-install IE8. What is broken so much that you cannot fix it? Apart from that you can only re-install IE8 on XP/SP2-3 machines by first uninstalling it an reverting back to your previous IE version and then downloading and installing the latest version from the IE site. To repair IE 8 go Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Advanced tab, click the "Reset" button. Regards. "BobM" <BobM@discussions.micros...

Wrong characters displays in the task window.
Everytime that I try to type something in the task windows the wrong characters appears. Also when updating information. Already check the language settins all the service packs are there. Windows XP and is Outlook 2002 What can I do!! ...

How can I reinstall my mouse by keyboard?
Windows XP Pro. SP3 My mouse stopped working for no apparent reason. Device Manager -> PS/2 Compatible Mouse Properties -> General [tab] -> Device Status says, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." Troubleshooter says, "Uninstall and then reinstall your device." To do this I must right-click the device in Device Manager and then click Uninstall -> Confirm Device Removal -> OK. However, I c...

why no video format for my windows media creating dvd
my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd that can then be shown on another dvd player "webbnc" <webbnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5FE37C-8D1C-42D1-A095-4C34BD721155@microsoft.com... > my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video > format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd > that > can then be shown on another dvd player Your question may be better answered in a news...

VC++ workspace window
Hi, I would like to create something that resembles VC++ workspace window. I created a dialog bar, the dialog bar template. The Dialogbar class is poorly supported. I searched the net for help and found some things that enables DDX support. Great! The other issues are making it resizable. Not sure how to do that. Positioning the workspace window. Coding the logic behind this. It would be nice to see someone else's code on this, cause this is hard to do. Anyone aware of a code example on this? "Hanna-Barbera" <hb@nulllink.com> wrote in message news:O6ta%23cp5DHA.2572...

Closing another cmd.exe window from batch script? Opposite of START cmd.exe /k "...." ?
From a DOS batch script under WinXP I launched another CommandPrompt and start a program "myserver" in this new window with a command like: START cmd.exe /k "myserver parm1 parm2" The original initiating batch script ends. Then - after a while - I start another DOS batch script and want to close this previously created other cmd.exe window. How can I do this? I don't want to touch the program "myserver". All necessary stuff should be done in the closing batch script. And of cause I don't want to manually enter "exit" in the Co...

live mail windows 7
My in box has messages all mixed up. How can I get them displayed by date of arrival Click on the "Date" column header. If the oldest message appears first, click on the date header again "douglas" wrote: > My in box has messages all mixed up. How can I get them displayed by date of > arrival Configure for one-line view, then sort - WLM Menu/View/Layout/Message List/One-line view -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "douglas" <douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:425D9E9B-1018-479D-A380-F33037D8BFFC@microsoft.co...

Reinstall Publisher 2002
Due to drive limitations, had to install new drive. Reinstalled Windows XP/SP2 and Office XP/SP3. 1) Can I either run Publisher 2002 directly from the disc, or install on an external USB drive to conserve C drive space? or must I do a reinstall on C? 2) If I do install on C, can I later remove using Add/Remove and then later reinstall? I don't think you can completely run Publisher from the disk. I could be wrong but I think those days are pretty much gone. I don't think installing it on a removable drive will work either. Same caveat as before. If you install/uninstall/re...

reinstall
need to change fiscal year set up and delete all non essential data, do I need to reinstall or there is another possibility? ...

Screen capture of a window
Hi, I need to save to a .bmp (or .jpg) file a screen capture of a given window. Can someone please help ? thanks, Yoav. Take a look at this one how to capture an image of something. http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/screencapture.asp Then use CImage to save it. AliR. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:Ow081i0JGHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I need to save to a .bmp (or .jpg) file a screen capture of a given window. > Can someone please help ? > > thanks, > Yoav. > > ...

*CANT log into Windows -please help
Hi, I need step by step instructions on how to use my recovery console CD in order to fix a problem. Here is my prob: A virus/malware scan I did probably messed up my logon file. The antivrus program either removed or quaranteined the virus/trojan that was attached to my logon file. Because when AVG prompted me to reboot after this scan, It stopped at the welcome screen logon part. I click on my user name (only one there) and it says its logging on...But then it says saving settings and nothing else happens. My machine does not reboot or anything. It just stays at this logon sc...

DPM 2010 and Symantec Storage Foundation for Windows
Hello! Does anyone know if DPM 2010 supports hyper-v VM's which is stored (both ..vhd and machine information) on Symantec Storage Foundation for Windows (Veritas Volume Manager) ? This is not supported by DPM 2007. Hi Magnar, Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into this issue and will provide an update on whether this scenario is supported in DPM 2010. -- Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "Magnar" <Magnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BF4DE87-66EB-...

Windows Live Calendar
Please add a way to associate an ICS file with the calendar accessible from the Windows Live Mail menu! It makes no sense to have to go to the Live Calendar online, share calendar, import ICS file, turn off sharing and then go back to the WLM calendar! Dave Right pew, wrong church! You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via your newsreader: news://msn...

how do I reinstall money after OS reinstall
I had to reinstall XP, and lost all installed programs, registry, etc. I still have the old hard drive, so I have the installed files for money, office, etc. But none of them are really installed. I do not see a setup file anywhere, and trying to run the exe I get a message that I have to run setup. I downloaded the software, and suppose I no longer have the original downloaded file. Money should be able to run with the files I have, but I have to get it installed. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Kenny8 wrote: >I had to reinstall XP, and lost all installed prog...