Recycle bin sort order keeps going back to name

I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself.

0
kev

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:26:18 -0700, "kev" <replytogroup> wrote:

>I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
>sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
>even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
>settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
>problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself.

You asked this couple of weeks ago ?
0
Jim

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CAE873.69E419C0

"kev" <replytogroup> wrote in message =
>I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to=20
> sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and =
sometimes=20
> even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's =
view=20
> settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have =
this=20
> problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by =
itself.=20
>=20

=3D=3D
Why is this a "big deal"? The recycle bin is a garbage can...are you =
using it as a storage bin? It matters not whether it is sorted or not in =
most cases.

If you need to "occasionally" have it sorted then change the view =
setting for that one time.

Pedantry rules supreme in your house apparently.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CAE873.69E419C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS"></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS">"kev" &lt;replytogroup&gt; =
wrote in=20
message </FONT></STRONG><A=20
href=3D"news:uuaU5rJ6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl"><STRONG><FONT=20
face=3D"Trebuchet =
MS">news:uuaU5rJ6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</FONT></STRONG></A><STRONG=
><FONT=20
face=3D"Trebuchet MS">...</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS">&gt;I sort by date, but every =
so often=20
the recycle bin keeps going back to <BR>&gt; sorting by name. At least =
when the=20
system is turned off/on and sometimes <BR>&gt; even while it is running. =
I have=20
the option to Remember each folder's view <BR>&gt; settings on, and as =
far as I=20
can tell the other folders don't have this <BR>&gt; problem, it is only =
the=20
recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself. <BR>&gt;=20
<BR></FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS">=3D=3D</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS">Why is this a "big deal"? The =
recycle bin=20
is a garbage can...are you using it as a storage bin? It matters not =
whether it=20
is sorted or not in most cases.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS"></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS">If you need to "occasionally" =
have it=20
sorted then change the view setting for that one =
time.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS"></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS">Pedantry rules supreme in your =
house=20
apparently.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS"></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT=20
face=3D"Trebuchet =
MS">=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</F=
ONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT=20
face=3D"Trebuchet MS"></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CAE873.69E419C0--

0
Doug
4/30/2010 8:42:51 PM
In Recycle Bin go to Tools/Folder Options/view and select Apply to All Folders -- if
that's what you want. I'm not sure that individual folders remember their settings.

rs

"kev" <replytogroup> wrote in message news:uuaU5rJ6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
:I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
: sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
: even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
: settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
: problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself.
:
:

0
tcebob
4/30/2010 9:04:00 PM
"Jim" <bojimbo261@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:26:18 -0700, "kev" <replytogroup> wrote:
>
>>I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
>>sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
>>even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
>>settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
>>problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by
>>itself.
>>

> You asked this couple of weeks ago ?

Uh, no? Feel free to link a previous thread if it will help with the answer,
otherwise welcome to a public newsgroup where some people may have the same
question.

0
kev
5/5/2010 5:56:49 AM

kev wrote:

> "Jim" <bojimbo261@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:26:18 -0700, "kev" <replytogroup> wrote:
>>

>>>I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to
>>>sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes
>>>even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view
>>>settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this
>>>problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by
>>>itself.
>>>

>>You asked this couple of weeks ago ?
>

> Uh, no? Feel free to link a previous thread if it will help with the answer,
> otherwise welcome to a public newsgroup where some people may have the same
> question.

This is the first message in the thread.

0
Bob

Transferring Misc Amount from Sales Order to Invoice
We have a sales order that's been transferred to several invoices so far. Before we transfer it to the next invoice, we want to change the amount of the Miscellaneous field so that this new Miscellaneous amount appears on the next invoice. However, we get "The miscellaneous amount has been transferred and can't be changed". Is there any way around this? Or, must we enter the Misc amount after the invoice has been created? No way around it. You will need to change the amount on the invoice. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business...

Order Management
Hello, Our client would like to display the shipping method description not the shipping method ID. Any ideas? thx -- Crystal Roach On Aug 14, 2:53=A0pm, Crystal Clear <CrystalCl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Our client would like to display the shipping method description not the > shipping method ID. =A0Any ideas? thx > -- > Crystal Roach Crystal, My first question would be, display where? That aside, I'll go out on a limb and say this can be done rather easily with Modifier and VBA. I'll do this for you and send you a package file...

Excel :sorting lists?
I use Excel to create lists of equipment from an existing master list I have developed. Most of the time I do not need all the equipment on the master list, i.e. the number of units is 0. Is there a way to filter or sort the list so that all zero values and their subsets will not be visible or printed? Basically, you should do a dropdown that REFERS to your master list. Then you can choose only the items you want from the dropdowns. I just uploaded a file at http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/pricelist.xls that shows how you do it. The only difference is you will copy that data valid...

Recycle Bin Restoring
I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to restore, but I don't want to have to then go find them in their original locations, all over the hard drive. And, in some cases, the original location no longer exists. Is it possible to restore a file that's in the Recycle Bin to a location other than it's original location? Thanks. "Boris" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:Xns9D3B7EA9E30CCnospamnospaminvalid@188.40.43.213... > I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to ...

moving listings in the "Show names from the:" box
How do you move listings in the Show names from the: drop down menu? I want to move the personal address book up above my global. I don't want to change the starting address book, I want to move it. Thanks! Tools-> Address Book and then Tools-> Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "tboz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2932201c46469$83690ca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move listings in the S...

Sorting Problems #5
I've been manipulating data in a speadsheet for about two weeks. At some point, I copied an entire column, put it into Word, deleted and reformatted the info in that column and then split the column into first and last name. The two columns were then pasted back into the original worksheet. I need to sort the spreadsheet using various columns, but Excel will not allow a sort. I receive a box which states "This operation requires that merged cells be identically sized" I've sized the spreadsheet several times and both the height and width of all cells are identical,...

(OFF TOPIC)
I'm sorry to ask here, but google isn't giving me anything on this and I thought this might be a good place to find out. Paul PJ6 wrote: > I'm sorry to ask here, but google isn't giving me anything on this and I > thought this might be a good place to find out. Microsoft took itself off of Usenet effective July 1, taking down its NNTP servers, having decided to devote its attentions to its web-based help forums. "Harlan Messinger" <hmessinger.removethis@comcast.net> wrote in message news:8a3ft2F3d4U1@mid.individual.net... > PJ...

Submit Order button in the Outlook Client for CRM3
Can you tell me if the "submit order" and/or the "create invoice" buttons work if using an offline Outlook laptop client for MS-CRM 3.0. Orders and/or Invoice are required functionality from remote and when coming back online, they need to sync up with the CMS-CRM server. ...

Problem with Sorting
We are trying to sort 3 columns. Some are spaced diffrently and it i telling us we need to merge to complete the sorting action. Anyon have any ideas to why it wont sort. Its telling me its cause there ar larger columns. But i don't think that should matter -- Gocase ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gocasen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3343 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53248 Is the message 'The operation requires merged cells to be identically sized...

Help for Medical Records sorting
I know this has been queried before but unfortunately, I cannot locate it. Our office deals with medical records numbers and we often have need to sort them numerically. An example of these numbers would be 09275361. The sort required for this would need to first,consider the last two numbers (61) then the 5th and 6th numbers (53) then the 3rd and 4th number (27) and finally the 1st and 2nd numbers (09). The first digit (0) requires that the field be formatted as text as it essential that it be shown in the final result. As speed is of the essence when this sorting needs to be done, ...

FIeld Service Returns Management
There should be the ability to combine orders for multiple items on a cross ship RMA. Currently you have to press the cross ship button on each detail line to create the order and this results in an order per line item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

how to find back the deleted records in ACCESS2000.I want to cry
in Access2000, I deleted records which should not be deleted, since the mdb file's size was not change, I wish to find a way to find back the deleted data. who can tell me if there is the way?Thanks a lot. There's no way that I'm aware of for a "nomal" user, but Peter Miller has had success in the past. Try getting in touch with him at http://www.pksolutions.com He doesn't charge if he doesn't succeed. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "steelc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Sorting by Color #2
Hello, Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. Thanks, Manish hi, Manish ! > Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. IF you mean the 'real/complete' entire row... some changes [minor I hope] has to be made.. this is 'the long way'... [trying you to provide 'only' a specific range including titles which are not sorted] the following macro will use the 'next' column for sorting numbered_colors... hth, hector. Sub Color_Sorting() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myRange As String, n_Cols As Byte, n_Rows As Long...

Category Report is not sorted correctly
My category report , which is customized and advanced, is alphabetized from z to a. I do not seem to be able to change this, becasus in the left hand column, it starts with check numbers so there is no way to click on the colum heading. If I include the catefgroy as yet another column, this still does not seem to change the overall alphbetization for the report, but only realphatizes each of the subcategories within the category. How do I view the category report from a to z. ...

RW - Multiple Sort
Hi, I am trying to modify the PM Distribution History Report to sort and group by segments in the account number. The account format is: MAIN-DEPT-LOCATION The combination of department and location makes up a cost center. I want a page break after each change in cost center, but I also want subtotals for each change in the Main segment. For example: 111-222-333 --Subtotal-- 112-222-333 --Subtotal-- 113-222-333 --Subtotal-- ---PAGEBREAK-- 111-222-334 --Subtotal-- 112-222-334 --Subtotal--- ....and so on. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very appreciative. -- Jim Line...

Excel 2007 sorting ribbon is not working with .Net save code
I build a visual studio C# for office 2007 excel workbook project. It is for displaying and updating data which come from a database table. Everything works fine except – after using Ribbon button to sort the data in the excel column; the data save(update) is not working or the data value has been saved to another record in the table, and it is only happening at the first time after the sorting. The same function work fine if the data is sorted through the column header. It seems is a bug in the excel, Please help. ...

Unknown error has occurred while going online
I see this in the kbase for going off line, but this happens while going online. I have performed the roll-up for CRM 1.2 on the clients and the server. this happens to only one person. Anybody experience this? ...

VLOOKUP error #NAME
I am trying to VLOOKUP text from a column in a different tab in a workbook but the command continues to return #NAME?. The cells are formated to "GENERAL", not text. The command is below. Does anyone have advice? =VLOOKUP('VAMC Restrooms'!Leebcor Services,'VAMC Restrooms'!A:D,2,FALSE) >Leebcor Services Defined names can't contain space characters. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "bderek95" <bderek95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAD181E4-C02F-40D0-8370-57B135C6BD81@microsoft.com... >I am trying to VLO...

Sorting question #3
Excel 2003 I am working on a spreadsheet at work and would like to be able to change the sorting order easily. There are two columns I'd like to switch around. Column 1 is a list of part designators. They can begin with 1W, 2W, or 3W and are followed by up to a 3 digit number. When I try to sort now, it puts 1W10 before 1W2. I *cannot* change the designator to 1W002. Is there a way to format that column so that it will yield 1W2 before 1W10 (followed by 2Wnnn and 3Wnnn). Column 2 are part numbers that are based on part drawing numbers. The drawing numbers are generally an 8-digit ...

Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class
Hey Friends Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class. vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > > Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided > CRecordset class. > > Yes. The CATALOG sample in MSDN shows how. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] vikrant, Yes... You can use access the system tables directly, especially using a CRecordset object connected to a Database object that is associated with the database in question and this SQL statement: SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ( Flags=0) AND (Typ...

sort in vb
Hello, Here is my sorting code produced by macro: Range("A1:H6895").Sort Key1:=Range("F2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:= _ Range("G2"), Order2:=xlAscending, Key3:=Range("H2"), Order3:=xlAscending _ , Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:= _ xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, DataOption2:=xlSortNormal, _ DataOption3:=xlSortNormal How can I make the Range("A1:H6895").Sort dynamic, based on the number of rows in excel sheet? Thanks, Jim, A few ways: Change Range("A1:...

Swedish characters in the Display name
I have a problem with Swedish characters in the senders' names on outgoing e-mail. Previously we have formatted the display names like: Last name, First name This is causing problems for some external recipients, since their e-mail program reads this as two addresses (Last name as one name and First name as another) I tried changing the display name for one user to "First name Last name" instead, but then the Swedish characters are not shown when he/she sends an external e-mail. Example: "Åke Jönsson" becomes "Ake Jonsson" or "Åsa H...

Purchase Order and BOM
Client would like to order the assembly of a finished good. So they would like to enter PO in GP, send it to Warehouse and receive it when Item has been assembled and shipped to them. This would increase their on hand for that finished good. But they also need to record the reduction of inventory for the components that were used for the FG. So they would like to enter and post an Assembly transaction in GP but that would double the on hand quantity for the finished good. They don't want to purchase Manufacturing. Ideas? What Vendor ID are they going to use on the PO? "...

Sorting should be done on more than one column
Currently views can be sorted according only to one column. It would be better to sort on more than one column like in excel, first sort by A, then sort by B etc. Bilge Gul ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

How do you keep the month and day on the same line in a paragraph?
The month and the day are breaking at the end of a sentence and I need them to stay together. I used to be able to use control, shift, space bar and it would keep the month and day on the same line, but it's not working in my 2003 version of Office. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Hi, Karon - No one seems to be answering your question about a non-breaking space in 2003 (I haven't jumped to Publisher 2003 yet.!?) A klunky work around is to type an x between the month and the day instead of putting a space. Then use "find" to find "x" and change it...