Norton ghost not working

Hello:

I'm trying to use Norton Ghost 2003 to backup my winxp partition, but when
finally I click on the "Proceed to dump partition" I get:

"Unable to find a free MBR slot in the Virtual Partition DLL. This is
usually due to there being no free primary partition slotsleft on the boot
disk."

what's the problem and can it be fixed??

(The laptop comes originally with a single partition c: containing vista, at
that time I created two new partitions d: and e:, then I installed win xp
sp3 on d: and I'm using it, c: still containing vista but it's not bootable,
the system boots on d:, does this matter?)

Thank you

WIN XP SP3

0
Maurice

* Norton Community
  * Norton Users Discussion Forum
     * Other Norton Products
http://community.norton.com/t5/Other-Norton-Products/bd-p/other

Try the Norton "Other" forum.

Or - Norton Ghost 14, 12, 10 + 9,  including Norton Save + Restore
(NS+R) http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=ghost9_10

Good luck !

MowGreen
================
  * -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Maurice wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I'm trying to use Norton Ghost 2003 to backup my winxp partition, but when
> finally I click on the "Proceed to dump partition" I get:
>
> "Unable to find a free MBR slot in the Virtual Partition DLL. This is
> usually due to there being no free primary partition slotsleft on the boot
> disk."
>
> what's the problem and can it be fixed??
>
> (The laptop comes originally with a single partition c: containing vista, at
> that time I created two new partitions d: and e:, then I installed win xp
> sp3 on d: and I'm using it, c: still containing vista but it's not bootable,
> the system boots on d:, does this matter?)
>

> Thank you
>
> WIN XP SP3

0
MowGreen

I thought this code worked!!!
I have 3 controls on a form that I want to lock to make uneditable after they have been input. I had the Locked property set to yes and this code in the On Current event Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Date.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Date.Locked = True End If If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Time.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Time.Locked = True End If If Me.NewRecord Then Me.Action_Log.Locked = False Else Me.Action_Log.Locked = True End If End Sub It seems to do what I want it to do b...

Work Command
Does Excel have the "Work" command like Word Does or something similar? Could I ask where, in Word, the 'Work' command is found, I am unfamilia with such a command -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38867 There's nothing equivalent built into Excel. Word's Work menu is described here: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WorkMenu.htm Bryan Hessey w...

Norton issues
Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher On 14 Apr 2004 15:48, "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with >Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the >issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. Yes, Norton and MS are working together on these issues. However, I think it was a...

cursor I've never seen that prevents work
I opened an excel file that contains multiple worksheets. The initial worksheet works fine and has a normal cursor, but when I click on this other worksheet, the cursor changes to an arrow with a page behind it. When I move the cursor off of the actual worksheet to any buttons it changes to a circle with a diagonal line, which prevents me from clicking on anything. I cannot scroll the worksheet and cannot click back to another worksheet. Also if I move the cursor near the worksheet tabs, a little black arrow top pops up, similar to the Tab symbol in Word. What is this cursor and how do I ...

Can't get rank to work correctly
I have produced a very simple spreadsheet to keep the scores for "Quiz and Chips Evenings". The spreadsheet simply totals the scores for each of up twenty teams (tables) of participants. There is provision for up to 10 normal "rounds" and one generously timed "table round". The spreadsheet is used to tell participants at the end of each round and at the end of the full contest their total score. I wish to use "Rank" to advise which team is first, second etc but am having difficulties particularly in that for some reason different scores are producing the...

Combobox Auto Expand property does not seem to work in 2003 .adp
Hello- I've been having trouble to get the Auto Expand function of a combobox to work on an application of mine. I have not had this problem before. I have compared the settings to applications where they do work and they seem to be the same. These are unbound controls with Limit to List and Auto Expand set to yes. The form's AllowEdits property is set to yes. Any clues would be helpful as I feel as I am probably missing something very obvious. Thanks! -Brian ...

Mouse scroll lock
I have an intermittent problem with Excel and my mouse only. Frequently Excel acts as if I have scroll lock on. The only way to quit is to tab or click on another application, right click and close. When this occurred, I tried hitting F8 (even though I had no indication that EXT was highlighted...NUM and Ready are the only two things showing). No response. I read the article at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt but once I am in this scroll lock mode, no keyboard commands in Excel can save me. The only effective solution is to quit the app and reopen and only use the keybo...

Publisher 2002 working with Vista
I'm having problems with publisher 2002 working with Window's Vista. I can do basic functions, but if I want to reformat or change something, a color, or put an outline around a box etc, the program cancels out. I am wondering if 2002 is "too old" for Vista. Anyone else having problems with this? Try putting Publisher in a compatibility mode. Right-click the Publisher program icon, properties, compatibility tab. You may have to do this in the Programs folder. My desktop icon doesn't have this option but the Office folder icon does. Publisher 2002 works fine for me ...

Outlook & Norton Virus checker
After uninstalling Norton System works (Correctly) My outlook won't receive anything, but sends OK. [1] Have double check the acct details [2]have uninstalled Office twice [3] If I try to resend and Email that went out when Norton was active it gets me to use the current acct. [4] Installed Outlook Express, same details, work fine (I hate OE) Any Ideas? Is Outlook keeping something hidden I can't overwrite with my new data? Many thanx Captron NZ Re Check the Pop Server settings for incoming mail. Nortons sometimes asks you to change Outlook to use 'localhost' while I...

ISINTEG not working
I am running EX2003 sp2. I am trying to use ISINTEG. No matter how i run it I only get the help menu to show up. I have seen several newsgroup articles but none have worked. What should I do? On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:37:02 -0700, Brillmike <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am running EX2003 sp2. I am trying to use ISINTEG. No matter how i run it I >only get the help menu to show up. I have seen several newsgroup articles but >none have worked. What should I do? What exact command are you using? isinteg -s itlab -test -priv -test alltest i have tried all and any combinatio...

how can I get matching to work? (M06)
All of my accounts sync online After it syncs, how do I match up the payments from my checking account which are credit card payments with the transactions in the various credit card accounts that are those payments? I have read through the help and just keep going in circles. If I change the category for a credit card payment to the credit card account, it just creates a new transaction in the credit card account. It seems to me that there should be a way to get these payments to match up automatically, and if not automatically there definitely should be a way for me to match them up ...

how SIN, COS and TAN works on sql server
I ran this: declare @f float set @f = 30 select sin(@f) and got -0.988031624092862 What is this? "Roy Goldhammer" <royg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eRKvnY0#KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I ran this: > > declare @f float > > set @f = 30 > > select sin(@f) > > and got -0.988031624092862 > > What is this? > > The values for SIN, COS, and TAN are in radians, not degrees. You are seeing the value of SIN(30 radians), which is correct. -- Dan "Dan" <news@worldofspack.com...

microsoft works #2
why was microsoft works replaced with excel? what are the advantages of using excel rather than works? (i prefer works still!) Hi harami, It wasn't. You can currently purchase Works 7.0. There is also a Works newsgroup. ----- harami wrote: ----- why was microsoft works replaced with excel? what are the advantages of using excel rather than works? (i prefer works still!) ...

Formulas from other work books
I have a Master workbook, which I would like to pull in information from other workbooks for a project. Each project manager will deal with a particular workbook, within the same directory. That's no biggie, but what I would like to do easily is, If I add another project manager, I'll need another workbook, so instead of updating all the formulas manually, I would like the master workbook to be "smart" enough to pull in the data. Generally, I was thinking, either: a) have a list within the workbook of all the workbooks within the same directory, so all I need to do is add a...

Request Responses Not Working Properly
I am running Outlook 2003 sp2. When I send a meeting request out to a large group of people I uncheck the option to request responses. For the most part it works except, I continually get one response back out of the several hundred that I send. The only difference that I can see between this user and all others is that he is responding back to the meeting request from his pda, which is connecting via owa. If I respond directly from owa, it works fine. I tested using another pda and experienced the same problem. Any ideas? ...

Norton Utilities Detects Crash
Every time i close outlook 2002 (running windows 98) Norton Utilities tells me it just crashed and to terminate the program..I once fixed this on another computer but i forgot how thanks Are you talking about the really old CrashGuard that came with NU *before* version 2002? This was a flaky program even when it was new and appropriate only for the Windows version it supported. Maybe you're trying to run CrashGuard on a version of Windows or with a service pack level that it no longer supports. Did you find any support articles at http://www.symantec.com/ on your version of NU for Cr...

POP3 not working after XP Critical Update
After installing the most recent two critical updates for Windows XP Home Edition (823718 and 822925) my email POP3 server will no longer respond. I have DSL service with BellSouth. They confirmed that there were no problems with their mail server, and I also am unable to reach POP servers on two other e-mail accounts. They suggested that I uninstall Microsoft Outlook. After trying everything else I could think of (trying Outlook Express and even AOL Communicator, neither of which worked with my POP accounts) I uninstalled my entire Microsoft Office. While Office was not installed, POP serve...

Excel link to website not working
Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet at work that contains links to an internal company website. Each of these links contains a query string. My problem is that the query string is being ignored when I click on the link. Here's an example link.. http://my-parr/parr/req?action=taggedmain&projid=26&tag_id=2 When I click on the link I get redirected to the main page of the site I am trying to go to. If I copy and paste the url into the browser it works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks, John Gadbois Access works really well for linking to a HTML page. check it out. in access, righ...

Norton Internet Security
Forgive me if this is outside the remit of this forum ... My annual subscription to Norton is due for renewal shortly and is now �55 Sterling (up from �39.99 last year). This does seem a steep rise just for the very basic package and I'm wondering whether it is worth it, or whether there are any cheaper alternatives. I appreciate that non-renewal would mean that I would not receive any of the updates and, presumably, my PC would then become more vulnerable to new threats. Realistically, how much of an issue is this for a home user that accesses the Internet c 2-3 hours ...

Granted access, not working!
Hi all, i want to configure a client which is login on as userA and want's to send mail as userA and userB. In the mailbox rights of userB, I added userA with full mailbox access ALLOW, but, everytime I try to send mail through userB, I get the message, you don't have priveleges to send messages throught this account. I have the same situation with other accounts, ant it works fine. Does anyone knows what can I do to solve this problem?? Thank you very much. Filipa Gaudêncio Grant "Send As" permission as well. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT --------------------------...

Blank Work area with Formula Bar
We've got a mahine that came in with a Blank work area in Excel 2000. Menus, Standard and Formatting toolbars and Status bar are visible, but nothing else. What I have discovered is that if I turn off the Formula bar, then I can see the column / row labels. Except that I only see column A...it is as if column A is infinitely wide. Check the column width value - 0, change it to 20, no effect and doesn't keep the 20 value.... Anyone seen these symptoms? ...

why does my pc save "ghost" versions of docs, named "~$*" etc
Often when a doc or spreadsheet is open, the folder shows a faint copy of it, with the name "~$[then the last few letters of the file name]". This doesn't always disappear when the file is closed. It can be opened, but contains nothing but gobbledegook. They are temp files used by whatever Office Component, they should 'dissapear' after a few moments when the file is closed "rosglee" <rosglee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFB234C-B41A-44AE-8627-5E65528CE95C@microsoft.com... > Often when a doc or spreadsheet is open, t...

Auto forward doesn't work for email sent to distribution list
Hi there, When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve this problem??? Many thanks in advance, Lex. Define "auto forward". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08428C3D-3227-4705-8...

Undo not working?!?
I have an unbound control on a form that the user will enter a date into. In the BeforeUpdate event I have the below code to check if the date is valid. If the date is not valid, the user receives a message box and the data the user entered is "undone". But the "undo" command is not working. I get the message box but the erroneous date remains. So, if the value in the unbound field is 5/25/2010 and the user enters 5/263/2010, rather than reverting to 5/25/2010 (which is what I want to have happen) the erroneous data, 5/263/2010, remains. Appreciate any i...

How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook?
How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook? "ED DJ" <ED DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F220766C-6A96-45F2-8381-32FED965831E@microsoft.com... > How do I enable Norton Anti-Spam in Outlook? What does the manual or included help in Norton AntiSpam tell you to do? ...