No Programs are showing up in the ADD/Remove program Box

XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install.
Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not restore
the service.

Tried Regedit  and looked for prog names >63 char, but none found under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

Any suggestions....

"Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> XP Home to XP Pro Upgrade - clean install.
> Interestingly enough System Retore is disabled/stopped and I can not
> restore
> the service.
>
> Tried Regedit  and looked for prog names >63 char, but none found under
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
>
> Any suggestions....

Try this one for the SR service not starting:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841568

Try this one for add/remove problems:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266668

--
SC Tom

0
SC

Nedd help with the simplest thing with the check box
I'm trying to do the simplest thing (and have wanted to for years) with a check box - stick it -in- a cell just so I can check or uncheck it. Of course, it will be even better if I can get the rest of the worksheet to read a 1/0 or true/false from this box; but I'm using office 2000 and it says nothing useful. I pull the box out of the form toolbar, but it's a floating object like a chart. And that's all the reference I can find in Officer 2000. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. -- Zubbus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Z...

001 showing on background of document when printed
When I print out a sheet from XL it comes with a 001 printed diagonally across the page. This 001 can not be seen in print preview or anywhere else until I print it out and than it is printed across my page. Now interestingly enough if I go into File menu/print page/properties/overlay/ and change the watermark setting from <None> to confidential it removes the 001 and places the confidential in the center of my page. Why in the world does doing this remove the 001 and how can I make so the None really means none. Can anyone help me? Thanks Might be a printer setting. Che...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Updating a presentation during show
I have a powerpoint 2003 file saved on my companies network. I also have a computer that runs a monitor in our breakroom using the before said Powperpoint Presentation. What I would like to do is update the Presentation from my desktop top computer save it and have the Computer that is running the monitor update without having to stop the powerpoint show. CWebb, If I understand your question correctly, you want to update a presentation "while it's running"... if that's the case, then if you use this linking method, the next time powerpoint "calls up...

Remove Duplicates
Does anyone know of any programs that remove duplicate messages by subject but leaves the oldest one alone. Thanks, Chris ...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Removing a license
I have been attempting to remove a license from a user that is no longer with the company. His entry in active directory was removed before I was told to remove the license. Now I get an error when I try to remove the license because the Active Directory does not contain the user information. I attempted to re-enter the user information but the CRM is not taking the information. Any thoughts on how I may remove the license for this user. -- Eric Notheisen Culminis, Inc There is a hotfix you can get from support that will allow modifications of users that have ben removed from AD. I...

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

&bsol; shows up in the place of other characters in sent messages
&bsol; shows up in the place of other characters in sent messages but not in the message as i'm typing it. example: "I'll" will show up as "I&bsol;ll" How can i fix this? ...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

How to Add buttons to Tab View
I want to implement some functions. But I do not how to realize them. The URL is what I want to realize: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18258&stc=1 1. In view1, I want the icon show in the center of column 2. Should I have to overload the clistview or clistctrl? I do not know how to rewrite and what to rewrite. Can give me some code for example. 2. At the bottom of the MDIFrame , is the tab view. I want to insert some buttons at the top of tab1. How can I do to realize this? Have a look at http://www.codersource.net/mfc_ctabctrl.html Maybe it helps a little - ...

DMP 2007 doesn't show a running job
I'm running a consistency check on one of my VM and DPM console doesn't show it in "In Progress" jobs tab. In Alerts tab and Protection screen it shows verification is in progress. It's also running since yesterday which is not normal to run that long. Is there a way to see the actual status of this job? Why would it not show up in the progress tab? Thanks in advance. hi It could be a one off UI refresh issue, can you relaunch a new DPM Admin console & see if this goes away? If it does not help, let us know Regards, vrmurthy. This posting ...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

Some attachments do not show unless message is forwarded
Outlook 2002. Incoming Email in the inbox has no paper clip icon, and the email when opened shows no attachment. When forward is clicked, the attachment is shown in the attachments field below the cc: field. Any ideas? What is the message format for those items that do not show the attachment until you hit forward? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, J <jomurray@compucon.com> typed: | Outlook 2002. | Incoming Email in the inbox has no paper clip icon, and | the email when opened shows no a...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

Software removing and registration problem
I am running Windows XP. I installed Adobe InDesign on an old computer and now that I have a new computer I have firstly uninstalled the program, but once I installed the program on the new computer and try to register the software I get an error message that there is a maximum no. of copies registered. I have tried running Microsoft disk clean up utility to see if I could remove on the old computer any In Design files that might be causing this problem. But there are no files on the list. Please help. DG, this is a Microsoft Dynamics GP forum. You should pose your question on a M...

Removing Office X after loading Office 2004
I have a question for the Mac World. I have just loaded the new Office 2004 for Mac. When I become courageous enough to remove Office X, do I simply drag the old programs to the trash? Or do I use the "Remove Office" app that came with Office X? I seem to remember a caution about doing the latter because it would remove files that were still critical to the newer version. Can anyone advise me on this? Thanks ahead of time. On 20/5/04 6:53 am, in article f96201c43e2e$d1a9cb40$a001280a@phx.gbl, "Doctor_G" <genzuk@usc.edu> wrote: > I have a question for the Mac Wor...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

I wanna show days and numbers automatically or with formulas
Hi, I want to build a kind of schedule, so that if I write or introduce the month in a cell the first row shows all the days of the month and in the second all the days of the week corresponding to each number of day. Is this possible? Thank you. >if I write or introduce the month in a cell And how will you be doing that? A1: Jan A1: January A1: 1/1/2009 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "bren" <srtaele@gmail.com> wrote in message news:328225f0-995e-4586-b582-7df9de98dd0c@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want to build a kind...

Help: Outlook changes Outlook express mail program
I just installed Office 2003 and I use OE as my mail default client. For whatever reason every time I reboot the computer Microsoft changes all my OE icons to Outlook icons. When I open the program Outlook opens and not OE. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this ? Why is it doing that ? Thank you. Multiposted and answered in the other newsgroups where posted --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "car crash" <carcrash1@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1175729373.53801...

How do I get the vertical lines back (that show mail heirachy structure)
Outlook2003/Windows2000 Hi How can I get the vertical lines that show the heirachy structure back? Outlook2003 seems to have got rid of them... but I like being able to see what's going on! (I really HATE the way microsoft does that by default to Windows explorer too!) Ship Shiperton Henethe ship <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote: > Outlook2003/Windows2000 > > How can I get the vertical lines that show the heirachy structure > back? Try using the Folder List view in the Navigation Pane. -- Brian Tillman Brian Thanks - but how do I do all that?! I have got the Nav...

Problem in showing application from TaskBar
Hi, I have an MFC application which have the following problem: Sometimes, if I have more than one instance of the application, when the user click the TaskBar button (when my application is minimized) the application stays minimized. Can someone advice ? thanks, Yoav. Depends on how the task bar is set up. Is it set up to "group" similar apps? In that case, it won't restore a minimized app. joe On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:14:35 +0300, "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote: > >Hi, >I have an MFC application which have the follow...

Programming Word
I have programmed Excel and developed userforms. I can not figure out even after hours of reading through forums how to program a user form in word with listbox and combo boxes. I can not figure out sourcerow and controlsource sttings in the properties table. If have copied code for the DAO and C:|Test with no luck Is there a place where users upload examples of forms they produced? Any help would be fantastic. Hi, Here are some sources that should get you more than started making user forms in Word. Microsoft does provide some help for creating forms. For instructions...