no program link working

Hi,
I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure
reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly
any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control
panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found)

The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non of
the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again and also
how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again?

0
lenny109

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
> I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure
> reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly
> any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control
> panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found)
>
> The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non of
> the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again and also
> how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again?

Please try the following link to Doug Knox's web site and run the fix
for the .LNK Files:

Bernd
0
Bernd
2/21/2010 10:58:18 PM
Thanks for that. Now most of my links work OK but the IE one from the start
menu still asks me to choose the program to open the file. If I choose
internet explorer it starts to open but then changes to a normal folder page
(C:\Documements and Settings\User

"Bernd" <fake@gmx.de> wrote in message

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> Hi,
>> I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure
>> reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly
>> any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control
>> panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found)
>>
>> The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non
>> of the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again
>> and also how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again?
>
> Please try the following link to Doug Knox's web site and run the fix for
> the .LNK Files:
>
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>
> Bernd

0
lenny109
2/22/2010 9:18:06 PM
lenny109 wrote:
> Thanks for that. Now most of my links work OK but the IE one from the start
> menu still asks me to choose the program to open the file. If I choose
> internet explorer it starts to open but then changes to a normal folder page
> (C:\Documements and Settings\User
>

> "Bernd" <fake@gmx.de> wrote in message
>>
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure
>>> reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly
>>> any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control
>>> panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found)
>>>
>>> The programs work when they are linked to the actual program exe but non
>>> of the shortcuts. Is there anyway of getting these links working again
>>> and also how do I allow the shortcuts in Control Panel to work again?
>> Please try the following link to Doug Knox's web site and run the fix for
>> the .LNK Files:
>>
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>>
>> Bernd

Then either the .exe or .html associations could be damaged.. run those
fixes from the same site.

--
Joe   =o)
0

IE8 Doesn't open links
I just did a fresh install of W7 Ultimate and since the change IE8 is acting strangely. When I click on links in a web page there is no reaction at all. I turned off the popup blocker and that had no effect. Also when I was trying to post this message with IE8 it wouldn't let me open the new message box. I ended up doing it with FireFox. I have other W7 Ultimate installs with IE8 that work just fine. Any ideas? One more thing. This isn't consistent, some links will open. However the one's that won't also don't react when I attempt to open them using the "...

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Money stopped working with WAMU
Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money downloads stopped working with those accounts. I upgraded to Money Plus and this is still not working. Microsoft Support is non responsive. Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Thanks, -Lary wrote: > Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money > downloads stopped working with those accounts. I upgraded to Money Plus and > this is still not working. Microsoft Support is non responsive. Can anyone > help me resolve this problem? > > Thanks, > I downloaded two ...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

remember password not working
i have windows xp, when i use outlook express and i check remember password it does not take i always have to retype password to send and recieve my e-mail's DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX There have been several issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (note, this article is written for OE but the solution applies to Outlook as well.): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "dirtydog" <slugger22@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:04e401c34da5$b3dd6740$a401280a@phx.gbl...

Link to database on intranet
I'm in the middle of converting all of our databases from Access 97 to XP. On our intranet, we have "links" to databases in 97. I can open the database from a shortcut with command lines. I am however unable to the command line options with the link. Just some additional information: I'm using IE 6.0, dual environment with Access 97 & XP, Windows 98, and FrontPage. Can someone help please? I've searched and I can't find a solution. Just a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Kathy ...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

web links are not active

Using Linked forms/subforms to update data on SQL Server
Hello, I designed a database in Access and then transferred the data to SQL Server. The linked form/subform that worked when the data resided within the Access database is not functioning properly. Here's the setup: tblContacts has Primary Key ContactID (formerly Autonumber, now an identity field in SQL Server) tblAddress contains Contact ID and also Primary Key CARID (also now an identity field in SQL Server). Using SQL Server Enterprise Manager Diagram, I set up a one to many relationship between tblContact and tblAddress with cascade updates/deletes (one person can have multipl...

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

How to check why links between two workbooks not working?
I am interested to know how to check why links between two workbooks are not working and any resolution? Hi, could you email me the file so that I can take a further look ? my email is makisalau@hotmail.com "rinakwek" wrote: > I am interested to know how to check why links between two workbooks are not > working and any resolution? Hi Makisa My two files are volumous and we have done "re-link" between two workbooks manually. Basically, one workbook is a summary file (A) extracting total of each worksheets from another detail workbook (B). User only need to...

#VALUE error when linking to other files
I have a summary sheet that pulls info from approx 10 other excel files. In one column of the summary sheet, the links perform just fine. Each cell in this column is the sum of an entire column in another workbook. When I open the summary page and choose "yes" to update with new information, everything works properly. However, in the same worksheet as this, I have another column where each cell is the result of a SUMIF where the data comes from another workbook. The odd part that I cannot understand is why when I open the summary sheet and update the information do all the cells...

multiple text boxes when pasting in text from other programs
When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen in Publisher 2000. Is there a way to 'turn off' this automatic text box creation and allow an entire article to go in as pasted? Miss Mood wrote: > When copying and pasting text from Outlook Express or other programs > into a newly created text box, each paragraph is going into its own > separate text box within the original text box. This did not happen > in Publi...

i need work
Hello ,i need work. I have more than 10 years experience. I am looking for freelance job. Please, contact with me for more onformation: kostas_w@mail.ru C,C++,MFC,ATL,COM, asp ,vb,html,directx (games) Regards devomae@yahoo.com ...

Word 2007 menu option missing from start programs menu
Office 2007 is installed on my computer and can only be accessed by going to the Recent Documents option and opening an existing doc. The menu selection for the program is missing from the MS Office option in the Start/All Programs menu. All other Office programs are listed. How do I get the Office 2007 program option to appear in the program menu again? ...

Help: Outlook changes Outlook express mail program
I just installed Office 2003 and I use OE as my mail default client. For whatever reason every time I reboot the computer Microsoft changes all my OE icons to Outlook icons. When I open the program Outlook opens and not OE. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this ? Why is it doing that ? Thank you. Multiposted and answered in the other newsgroups where posted --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "car crash" <carcrash1@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1175729373.53801...

If..Then..Else statement not working for Ye/No ComboBox?
Say that we have a ComboBox1 where its value are either YES or NO. I am writing such a simple If..Then..Else statement but it is not responding properly. If Me.ComboBox1.Value = Yes Then ...Statement1 ElseIf Me.ComboBox1.Value = No then ...Statement2 EndIf As for above code, when combo value is NO, Statement1 is executed, instead Statement2. When combo value is YES, nothing is executed! I could not sleep yesterday night because of this mystery. Could you help me please. Thanks Assuming that you've got the words Yes and No in the combo box, try putting quotes in your If statement: I...

Workbook linked to other workbook
We received an excel workbook as an attachmnet. I was saved to a network loaction. From here, every time it's opened, a message appears that there automatic links to info in another workbook. If select Yes, links point to a file path that is local to the external sender's computer (we are the receiver), so obviously we don't have these files. Two questions: 1. How can we get that message from not appearing anymore? 2. What did the sender do with the XL file that it has links to their My Documnents path? Thanks. Edit>Links>Change the link so that it links to itself. ...

follow link
I have linked a number of figures from other sheet. Now if I want to check from where it is coming, I have to go to that cell, read the reference and go to the sheet manually. The other option is through auditing tool bar. I have seen a friend who used to double click the cell and it automatically goes to that sheet from where the figure is coming. How do you do that? Good afternoon Kumail Are you sure that your friend wasn't using Lotus 1-2-3? I seem t remember that this program has that particular feature but not Excel. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------...

Programming Word
I have programmed Excel and developed userforms. I can not figure out even after hours of reading through forums how to program a user form in word with listbox and combo boxes. I can not figure out sourcerow and controlsource sttings in the properties table. If have copied code for the DAO and C:|Test with no luck Is there a place where users upload examples of forms they produced? Any help would be fantastic. Hi, Here are some sources that should get you more than started making user forms in Word. Microsoft does provide some help for creating forms. For instructions...

Lookup works for some rows, not others (VERY strange...)
I am responding and reposting, in case someone thinks the issue is resolved because there was a response. I hope that's OK, I was just desperate for a solution. Reading should begin from the bottom, I don't know how to make my newsreader not "top post.": Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work, but here's the weird thing: I put the formula at the top of a column, and drag/filled down, changing the text criteria to look for in column C in each cell's Lookup formula. SOME OF THEM WORK, AND SOME DON'T. I figured, maybe it's some kind of formatti...

LINKING CELLS #2
HI ALL WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP WITH THIS MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE A DROP DOWN LIST WITH ALL DIFFERENT COUNTRIES IN I WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IS WHEN I SELECT GERMANY THAT CELL A1 WOULD READ BERLIN AND WHEN I WOULD SELECT FRANCE THAT CELL A1 WOULD THEN READ PARIS AND SO ON, COULD ANYONE TELL ME IS THIS POSSIBLE jinx Please switch off your CAPS! It is considered bad etiquette. You could set up a table with one column containing countries and one containing their capitals. You can then use a simple VLOOKUP() function to return the relevant capital: Germany Berlin France Paris...