Net Use Question

I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive.
Primary computer is set up with
Login: phil
Password:123
IP 192.168.60.155
Shared Name: e
Drive I want: E:

I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other
computer.  This is what I used.

net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes

It tells me the password is bad.

If I just use:
net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil

It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works.

How do you get it to take the password?

Thanks!

0
pvong

From: "pvong" <vonger@*dot*com>

| I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive.
| Primary computer is set up with
| Login: phil
| Password:123
| IP 192.168.60.155
| Shared Name: e
| Drive I want: E:

| I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other
| computer.  This is what I used.

| net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes

| It tells me the password is bad.

| If I just use:
| net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil

| It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works.

| How do you get it to take the password?

| Thanks!

It would be easier if both platforms used the same named account with the same password.

--
Dave

David
2/6/2010 4:40:40 AM

"pvong" <vonger@*dot*com> said this in news item
> I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive.
> Primary computer is set up with
> Login: phil
> Password:123
> IP 192.168.60.155
> Shared Name: e
> Drive I want: E:
>
> I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other
> computer.  This is what I used.
>
> net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes
>
> It tells me the password is bad.
>
> If I just use:
> net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil
>
> It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works.
>
> How do you get it to take the password?
>
> Thanks!

This is because your syntax is incorrect. Instead of writing
net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes
you should write
net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e 123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes
or even better
net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e  /User:phil 123
because the password usually follows the user's name and because the
Persistent directive needs to be issued just once. In fact it makes no sense
having /persistent:yes since you use a batch file to map your shares.
/persistent:no would be more appropriate.

0
Pegasus
2/6/2010 7:21:40 AM
"pvong" <vonger@*dot*com> wrote in message
>I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive.
>Primary computer is set up with
> Login: phil
> Password:123
> IP 192.168.60.155
> Shared Name: e
> Drive I want: E:
>
> I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other
> computer.  This is what I used.
>
> net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes
>
> It tells me the password is bad.
>
> If I just use:
> net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil
>
> It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works.
>
> How do you get it to take the password?
>
> Thanks!

Shouldn't the command be:
net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e 123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes

Jim

0
Jim
2/6/2010 3:28:09 PM

"pvong" <vonger@*dot*com> wrote in message
> I have a simple Workgroup at home and all I want to do is share a drive.
> Primary computer is set up with
> Login: phil
> Password:123
> IP 192.168.60.155
> Shared Name: e
> Drive I want: E:
>
> I want to set this up so it will auto login every time from my other
> computer.  This is what I used.
>
> net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e password:123 /User:phil /Persistent:Yes
>
> It tells me the password is bad.
>
> If I just use:
> net use e: \\192.168.60.155\e /user:phil
>
> It then prompts me for the pw and i just type in 123 and everything works.
>
> How do you get it to take the password?
>
> Thanks!

Others have given the instructions to map the drive using net use.

Now one question... is this a laptop or portable computer that may be
removed from the network and used some where else?  If not disregard the
rest.

If so you do not want a persistent map of that drive.  The reason: if you
are away from the network and attempt to use most Office programs they will
hang for a long time while the OS is attempting to find the unattached
mapped drive.  It's a pain but the fix is to ensure that you have an un-map
drive and a map drive batch file that you can run from the desktop or to
ensure that the map drive batch file uses the /persistent:no switch.  That
way every time you turn on the computer the drive won't be mapped until you
run the map batch file.

If the computer is only temporarily removed but most of the time you have it
on the network then you should have the net use command all the time
starting from the Start menu but also have an un-map batch file for when you
walk away from the network  (NET USE E: /DELETE) to alleviate the Office
program hang.

0
LVTravel

Install add-in using OCT
Hi, Is it possible to automatically install an add-in by using the OCT tool? By that I mean, create an msp file with the tool and then run the install from a command prompt. Or put another way, I want to run automatically another msi file after Outlook is finished installing. Dan ...

use of * caracter in rst.Open strSQL
use of * caracter in rst.Open strSQL try: strSQL = "SELECT * FROM QrycustomersReport WHERE [cuscompanyName] like "*test*" You can use the strSQL to change the recordsource of a form, returns all company names that include test in their name string. However when you use the * caracter in an ado statement, the recordset return no records. rst.recordcount will always return 0 Any solution for this? Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset rst.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection rst.CursorType = adOpenStatic rst.Op...

budget question #6
I am trying to get my budget setup correctly and am having some difficulty. I have Money Standard 2005 and when I setup the budget there is a line in the income for transfers into budget accounts. The only line item I have there is for a transfer that I setup from my checking account to pay off a credit card balance each month. I don't see how this could be considered income. And I don't see how to remove this from the income line. I need to have the credit card in my budget account so that I can track the expenses from the credit card use. Could someone explain this for me...

how do I lock a field in a form and use for look up value only?
How do I lock a field in a form, yet still be able to look up value in this field? Could you define your terms a bit more? I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disc...

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

Access and Excel
We distribute a MS Access (97) application which references Excel's object model to import various spreadsheet content. This works well up to and including Excel 2003. In principle would there be any major problems using the app. on a 2007 Excel file ? and if so how could this be overcome. The Access app is being re-written in Access 2007, but this will be 6-9 months down the line. Regards Howard Myers Hi Howard, You will need to test it with your app. No one here can guess exactly what is in that app and therefore won't be able to tell you if there is going to be a problem. ...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Use a measurement abbreviation in cell with formula
How can I format the cell to hold the amt to calculated with the measurement unit in the same cell? i.e. b27 needs to read 158 sq ft c27 is $ amt ($0.17) d27 is the formula =(b27*c27) When I enter in just the number 158 it calculates in d27 correctly, but when I add sq ft after 158, d27 shows an error message #VALUE! Thank you! Go to Fromat>Cells>Custom. In the type box, put ### "sq ft". The ### are placeholders for numbers. So the data entered into the cell will calculate and...

Adding Fields in Drop-down list using VBA
Hi All, I had modified GP screen by adding a DDL through modifier. I am trying to add items to drop-down list before GP screen open(Window_BeforeOpen) using VBA. But the code executed bellow shows "Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignments". Dim additem As Object Set additem = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") additem.Add 1, "Excellent" 'Add some keys and items additem.Add 2, "Good" additem.Add 3, "Fair" Remark.Value = additem Can any one help me out in solving the problem and Is that the problem with code? I...

how to tell what users are not using exchange default storage limi
Hi, Any way I can tell which Exchange mailboxes have been set to not use the Mailbox Store defaults for storage limits? Thanks Run a query against the following AD attribute "mDBUseDefaults" That is set to true for users who use the IS default and false for those users who have set limits. If any of the "mDBOverHardQuotaLimit", "mDBOverQuotaLimit" or mDBStorageQuota" attributes contain numbers (KB) then that's another indicator that they have manually configured limits. "markj" <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

how to enter date without using "/" each time?
How do I enter a date in a cell without having to push the "/" between the month, day, and year? If you just don't like that character, use the dash (-) instead. Anything else is probably more complicated and time consuming than it's worth. Excel needs to know where to 'draw the line' between day, month & year. LOL |:>) "magstate" wrote: > How do I enter a date in a cell without having to push the "/" between the > month, day, and year? Using VBA code. Chip Pearson has the code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.ht...

Install question (SBS 2003 prem&Sharepoint+ SQL2000 + CRM 1.2)
Currently I have SBS 2003 premium (and its sharepoint- and exchange- services) up and running just fine. Now I should install SQL server 2000 + SP3 for it to be able to continue with the CRM-install. I have the updated CRM-IG chapter 15, however it does not say anything about updating Sharepoint MSDE. When I install SQL 2000 and its SP3, should I choose "Create new databases" or "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server" Does this affect CRM functionality later? If I choose upgrade, does CRM then install itself on SQL server under...

Not a question (for once!)
Just passing this on for other possible newbies who migth be missing it. I'd been trying to print tent notecards (Publisher 2000) and they weren't coming out even. I had them set up (with the basic- blank setup) but the picture would come out small, and/or one side of the paper (margin) would be a little bigger. I had it set up using full size paper (11" X 8") landscape setting, and it prints 2 of the same card per page. Then this is cut down the middle with a paper cutter. I thought I was covering it all, bringing up page setup, print setup, the options my printer ha...

Changing default printer using VBA
I want to put a statement in my code that changes the default printer to what I need it to be. Please, what is that statement? Richard Mogy In Access 2002 or later, this is trivially easy. Just set the Printer object, e.g.: Set Printer = Printers(0) or Set Printer = Printers("Microsoft XPS Document Writer") To reset to the default Windows printer: Set Printer = Nothing For earlier versions it is more involved. See: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/printch2k.zip or: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/printch97.zip for Access ...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...

Using GIF image as macro button
I have a animated GIF that I want to place on the spreadsheet as m macro button, is thios possible. Currently I can get the image on the spreadsheet with a macro attache but the image is a picture and so not animated. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

Using Access to enter Appointments
I am trying to develop a small access form and table to enter appointments into outlook. I do not at this time wish to become proficient in Access and Vb programming so just need a few pointers. Some of the code I have borrowed from recommendations posted on line. I do have several questions. 1) Why does &amp when used in the onclick event give a red line in the VB module: Set outappt = outobj.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With outappt .Start = Me!ApptDate &amp; " " &amp; Me!ApptTime Endwith 2) Some appointments will be "all day events". When I...

can I use a hyperlink to open a specific form?
I created a hyperlink that opens that database itself but really need it to open a specific form within that databse. You can use reference from MDB1 to MDB2, so MDB1 will recognise all the functions in MDB2. Open MDB1, when you are in code (any where), select tools, reference. browse and select MDB2. You will notice that MDB1 recognise all the functions in the modules, but it wont recognise forms, reports, macros etc, so if for example you want to open a form MDB2 From MDB1, create a function in MDB2 that open the form, and then call that function from MDB1 That way you wont open ...

ASP.Net
Hi, I have a few questions about ASP.Net, as I've been using it for a while but my knowledge of the "big picture" is patchy in some areas. Any help would be appreciated... - Where is the line between "native" language features (e.g. in JScript), and those features which are part of .Net (or whatever), common to all .Net languages? Or put another way, how are the .Net facilities "mapped" onto a particular language? (I'm sorry of this question is somewhat vague...) - In a closely-related matter, do any languages have issues accessing the full A...