Mystery disabled icon on desktop - how remove it?

Using XP Home SP3. An icon has appeared on the desktop of my wife's
laptop. The icon is grayed out as though it is disabled. It does not
have a caption. If I right click the icon I get a context menu with
three choices:

Cut
Create Shortcut

Choosing cut does nothing. Choosing Create Shortcut produces an error
dialog with the message, "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check
to see if the disk is full."

Choosing Delete displays a confirmation dialog with the message, "Are
you sure you want to delete these icons from your desktop? To restore
later, go to control panel."

The only icon I want to delete is the unlabled grayed out icon. I do
not want to delete any others, therefore, I am afraid to try the Delete
choice on the menu since I do not know what will be deleted or how to
restore it via Control Panel.

Can anyone tell me what this mysterious icon is and how to get rid of
it?

By the way, I have checked in Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop
and in Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop and the mystery icon
does not appear in either folder.

--
..Bill.
0

Bill wrote:
> Using XP Home SP3. An icon has appeared on the desktop of my wife's
> laptop. The icon is grayed out as though it is disabled. It does not
> have a caption. If I right click the icon I get a context menu with
> three choices:
>
> Cut
> Create Shortcut
>
> Choosing cut does nothing. Choosing Create Shortcut produces an error
> dialog with the message, "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check
> to see if the disk is full."
>
> Choosing Delete displays a confirmation dialog with the message, "Are
> you sure you want to delete these icons from your desktop? To restore
> later, go to control panel."
>
> The only icon I want to delete is the unlabled grayed out icon. I do
> not want to delete any others, therefore, I am afraid to try the Delete
> choice on the menu since I do not know what will be deleted or how to
> restore it via Control Panel.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this mysterious icon is and how to get rid of
> it?
>
> By the way, I have checked in Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop
> and in Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop and the mystery icon
> does not appear in either folder.

When you looked in the two ...\Desktop folders did you have "Show hidden
files and folders" enabled and "Hide protected operating system files"
disabled? (Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View)

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
1/20/2010 7:26:55 PM
Yes, Explorer  was set to display both hidden and system files. Any
other suggestions?

--
..Bill.
0

> Using XP Home SP3. An icon has appeared on the desktop of
> my wife's laptop. The icon is grayed out as though it is
> disabled.

This sounds like one of those problems I sometimes get of which
NO ONE IN THE WORLD has ever heard about.

When you right-click, do you not get the icon's
properties/shortcut? - that info would be a good clue.

I would image the partition and delete the mystery ghost icon.
If all hell breaks loose, restore the partition. It will take
less time than it sounds. And gives you a chance to clean
up/defrag the partition while you're at it, if you feel like it.

--
The arrows are faster than rodents!
- t.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

It is good practice to export any key before deletion in case of
error.

Report back if in any doubt with the full CLSID of the item, e.g.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
(don't remove that one)

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:04:26 -0800, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Bill" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Using XP Home SP3. An icon has appeared on the desktop of my wife's
>laptop. The icon is grayed out as though it is disabled. It does not
>have a caption. If I right click the icon I get a context menu with
>three choices:
>
>Cut
>Create Shortcut
>
>Choosing cut does nothing. Choosing Create Shortcut produces an error
>dialog with the message, "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check
>to see if the disk is full."
>
>Choosing Delete displays a confirmation dialog with the message, "Are
>you sure you want to delete these icons from your desktop? To restore
>later, go to control panel."
>
>The only icon I want to delete is the unlabled grayed out icon. I do
>not want to delete any others, therefore, I am afraid to try the Delete
>choice on the menu since I do not know what will be deleted or how to
>restore it via Control Panel.
>
>Can anyone tell me what this mysterious icon is and how to get rid of
>it?
>
>By the way, I have checked in Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop
>and in Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop and the mystery icon
>does not appear in either folder.
0
Alan
1/21/2010 1:47:03 AM
You have a hidden file on your Desktop folder and its showing on your
Desktop, it is greyed becuase it is a hidden file and your Foklder Options is
configured to show hidden files. I f you don't want it showing disable the
Show hidden files and folders in folder Options.

--
Rey

On Jan 20, 2:04=A0pm, "Bill" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Using XP Home SP3. An icon has appeared on the desktop of my wife's
> laptop. The icon is grayed out as though it is disabled. It does not
> have a caption. If I right click the icon I get a context menu with
> three choices:
>
> Cut
> Create Shortcut
>
> Choosing cut does nothing. Choosing Create Shortcut produces an error
> dialog with the message, "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check
> to see if the disk is full."
>
> Choosing Delete displays a confirmation dialog with the message, "Are
> you sure you want to delete these icons from your desktop? To restore
> later, go to control panel."
>
> The only icon I want to delete is the unlabled grayed out icon. I do
> not want to delete any others, therefore, I am afraid to try the Delete
> choice on the menu since I do not know what will be deleted or how to
> restore it via Control Panel.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this mysterious icon is and how to get rid of
> it?
>
> By the way, I have checked in Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop
> and in Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop and the mystery icon
> does not appear in either folder.
>
> --
> .Bill.

If XP is asking you that question, it thinks it is a "special" icon -
like My Documents, My Computer, My Network Places, etc.

If it says "these icons" and mentions "Control Panel", then it means
XP thinks you want to delete more than one of these special icons.
You will get the same message if you click more than one My... desktop
icon and choose to delete it/them.

Right click your Desktop, Properties, Desktop tab, Customize Desktop
(or via Control Panel) check the settings there and make any
adjustments.  XP is thinking you want to delete those desktop icons.
You can always put them back after removing the annoying mystery
icon..

XP sounds confused.  Is there any kind of My... icons missing from
your desktop?  You can put them back later if you accidentally delete
them.

Can you drag it to the recycle bin?

I think I would just delete it in spite of the warning and and if
something is missing, just add it back through the desktop Properties.

0
Jose
1/21/2010 3:52:36 PM
Rey Santos wrote:

> You have a hidden file on your Desktop folder and its showing on your
> Desktop, it is greyed becuase it is a hidden file and your Foklder
> Options is configured to show hidden files. I f you don't want it
> showing disable the Show hidden files and folders in folder Options.

I turned off hidden files in folder options and the mystery icon is
still on the desktop. Your suggestion makes sense at first glance but
there are several things that do not seem to fit.

1) With hidden files enabled I cannot find the file associated with
this icon (if there is a file associated with the icon) in the Desktop
folder for the single user account, All Users or the default user.

2) When I right click the icon it does not have Properties on its
context menu. The only choices are Cut, Create Shortcut and Delete.

3) The icon has no caption.

Thanks for your suggestion. Any other ideas?

--
..Bill.
0

Is it safe to delete this?

--
..Bill.
0
thanatoid wrote:

> I would image the partition and delete the mystery ghost icon.
> If all hell breaks loose, restore the partition. It will take
> less time than it sounds. And gives you a chance to clean
> up/defrag the partition while you're at it, if you feel like it.

Great suggestion if I had 1) software to image the hard drive and 2) a
USB drive I could connect to the laptop to hold the image.<g> This is a
home system so throwing money at the problem is not an option.

--
..Bill.
0
Jose wrote:

> I think I would just delete it in spite of the warning and and if
> something is missing, just add it back through the desktop Properties.

It may come to that but I want to explore Alan Edward's suggestion
first. See my reply to him.

--
..Bill.
0
Bill wrote:
> Thanks Alan. I have found a key named
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
> sktop\NameSpace\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}. It's default
> value is blank which would explain why the icon has no caption. It also
> has a value named Removal Message whos value is @mydocs.dll,-900.
>
> Is it safe to delete this?

You should wait for Alan to respond, but I don't think that's your
problem. I have the exact same key and I don't have a mystery icon on my
desktop.

While you're waiting, you can try Tweak UI
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx)
Click on "Desktop" in the left pane and see if there is a strange entry
in the list of Desktop Icons shown on the right. You can also try
TweakUI's "Rebuild Icons" tool under "Repair." I doubt either of these
will help, but TweakUI is always useful to have anyway.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
Lem
1/21/2010 5:25:51 PM
As Lem indicates, that is not your problem.
I also have that key as a standard key.
Please list all the keys there. Standard seems to be 4 keys.

Please quote previous messages in your replies.
It makes it easier to follow.

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:40:52 -0800, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Bill" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Thanks Alan. I have found a key named
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
>sktop\NameSpace\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}. It's default
>value is blank which would explain why the icon has no caption. It also
>has a value named Removal Message whos value is @mydocs.dll,-900.
>
>Is it safe to delete this?
0
Alan
1/21/2010 8:35:17 PM

> thanatoid wrote:
>
>> I would image the partition and delete the mystery ghost
>> icon. If all hell breaks loose, restore the partition. It
>> will take less time than it sounds. And gives you a chance
>> to clean up/defrag the partition while you're at it, if
>> you feel like it.
>
> Great suggestion if I had 1) software to image the hard
> drive and 2) a USB drive I could connect to the laptop to
> hold the image.<g> This is a home system so throwing money
> at the problem is not an option.

There are free imaging tools and you can put the image on
another partition with enough empty space. If you only have ONE
partition, plan ahead when you set up your next computer. Also,
most image programs allow you to burn the image directly to a
CD/DVD or several of them if necessary.

--
The arrows are faster than rodents!
- t.
0
thanatoid
1/21/2010 10:15:47 PM
thanatoid wrote:

> There are free imaging tools

Thanks. I will have to look into that.

--
..Bill.
0

> thanatoid wrote:
>
>> There are free imaging tools
>
> Thanks. I will have to look into that.

There are several on this page:

http://freeware.intrastar.net/diskfile.htm

--
The arrows are faster than rodents!
- t.

0
thanatoid
1/21/2010 11:46:45 PM
Alan Edwards wrote:

> As Lem indicates, that is not your problem.
> I also have that key as a standard key.
> Please list all the keys there. Standard seems to be 4 keys.
>
> Please quote previous messages in your replies.
> It makes it easier to follow.
>
> ...Alan

I have five keys as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
sktop\NameSpace\{1f4de370-d627-11d1-ba4f-00a0c91eedba}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
sktop\NameSpace\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
sktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
sktop\NameSpace\{92E5707A-DAC0-46C0-9BF5-A2D46B1CAAB2}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
sktop\NameSpace\{e17d4fc0-5564-11d1-83f2-00a0c90dc849}

The other one that looks suspicious to me is number four whose default
value is MSN Desktop Search Onfolio IShellFolder Class.

--
..Bill.
0
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Bill" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Alan Edwards wrote:
>
>> As Lem indicates, that is not your problem.
>> I also have that key as a standard key.
>> Please list all the keys there. Standard seems to be 4 keys.
>>
>> Please quote previous messages in your replies.
>> It makes it easier to follow.
>>
>> ...Alan
>
>I have five keys as follows:
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
>sktop\NameSpace\{1f4de370-d627-11d1-ba4f-00a0c91eedba}
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
>sktop\NameSpace\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
>sktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
>sktop\NameSpace\{92E5707A-DAC0-46C0-9BF5-A2D46B1CAAB2}
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\De
>sktop\NameSpace\{e17d4fc0-5564-11d1-83f2-00a0c90dc849}
>
>The other one that looks suspicious to me is number four whose default
>value is MSN Desktop Search Onfolio IShellFolder Class.

Your number 4 is one I don't have (I have the other 4).
I can't find anything about it so I suggest you export the key (just
in case) and delete it.
You may have restart to clear it from the desktop.

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

0
Alan
1/22/2010 1:38:18 AM
Alan Edwards wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:50:40 -0800, in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Bill" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > Alan Edwards wrote:
> >
> >> As Lem indicates, that is not your problem.
> >> I also have that key as a standard key.
> >> Please list all the keys there. Standard seems to be 4 keys.
> >>
> >> Please quote previous messages in your replies.
> >> It makes it easier to follow.
> >>
> >> ...Alan
> >
> > I have five keys as follows:
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explore
> > r\De sktop\NameSpace\{1f4de370-d627-11d1-ba4f-00a0c91eedba}
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explore
> > r\De sktop\NameSpace\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explore
> > r\De sktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explore
> > r\De sktop\NameSpace\{92E5707A-DAC0-46C0-9BF5-A2D46B1CAAB2}
> >
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explore
> > r\De sktop\NameSpace\{e17d4fc0-5564-11d1-83f2-00a0c90dc849}
> >
> > The other one that looks suspicious to me is number four whose
> > default value is MSN Desktop Search Onfolio IShellFolder Class.
>
> Your number 4 is one I don't have (I have the other 4).
> I can't find anything about it so I suggest you export the key (just
> in case) and delete it.
> You may have restart to clear it from the desktop.
>
> ...Alan

That was it. Thanks very much Alan. I would never have found that on my
own.

--
..Bill.
0

Disable OWA By User
Without getting into a discussion of Certifictates, In A Server2003/EXCH2003 can you diable OWA by user? -- "Hell, I would Piss on a Spark Plug if it would make the Darn Thing Work" Aparently, but I have never tried it. Open the user account in Active Directory Users and Computer (exchange integrated version of course) and select the Exchange Features tab. There is an option to enable or disable Outlook Web Access there. Cheers Adam "James Stoddard" wrote: > Without getting into a discussion of Certifictates, In A Server2003/EXCH2003 > can you diable O...

Re-install CRM desktop client
I tried to re-install the desktop client 3.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook. The new one wil support Vista and Office 2007. The installation procedure asked me to uninstall the existing client first so I did. Now during installation the setup comes up with an error that it can't uninstall an older version of the desktopclient. What can I do Hi, Is it the desktop client or the laptop client you are using? Try logging on as another user and try uninstall. Else take a look at the Microsoft CRM Implementation Guide, one of the last chapters. Here are some hints uninstalling Microsoft CRM ...

How to have emails removed from internet, when emails are in Outlo
Where do you go to set Outlook to remove emails from the Internet after they have come into Outlook? Once they are downloaded into Outlook the emails are no longer on the server or as you think the Internet -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Sherel" <Sherel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56F03792-D087-44F2-924A-5872F118248A@microsoft.com... > Where do you go to set Outlook to remove emails from the Internet after they > have come into Outlook? It ...

how to disable firewall
Hello everybody, I made an error configuring firewall exceptions and after that the system cannot run normally. Under rescue with limitated access I cann log in. I thought to disable the firewall with netsh.exe on the command prompt. But the command line does not recognize the command: "netsh is not recognized as internal or external command". I set the path=C:\windows; C:\windows\system32 then it says: "The image file C:\windows\system32\netsh.exe is valid but is for machine type other than the current machine". I have web server 2008 (64 bit). Is there ot...

Disabled Trust access to visual basic project checkbox
I am working on some code that uses COM to manipulate VB code in Excel. I know that my users need to check the "Trust access to Visual Basic project" checkbox in Excel's security settings in order to access VBProjects. However, one of my beta testers reports that the checkbox is disabled on his machine and we can't figure out why. Does anyone know what conditions would cause this checkbox to be disabled? Thank you very much. David Liebtag Take a look at Jim Rech's response in this thread: http://google.co.uk/groups?threadm=%23VsWtuGCFHA.1400%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx...

Mystery Formula
The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a number (14,000) that appears to be a constant multiplier for the entire column. I'm trying to find out what the , in front of the cell reference signifies, and what "TABLE" is being referenced. Thanks! {=TABLE(,C7)} ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Mike Polo wrote... > The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a > number (14,000) that appears to be a constant...

Run-time Error during Disabling the Volume Buttton
Hi I am Laxman, i have written a dialog based application for playing an wave file. I have used the API playsound() for playing the sound and i have also included volume up and down buttons in the application using waveoutsetvolume for increasing and decresing the volume.This is working fine. But i want to disable the Volume butttons when they reach the limit .so i wrote a code as shown below for which i am getting an runtime error . Can you please help me to get out of this !!!!!!!!! void CVolumeDlg::OnBnClickedVolUp() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here HWAVEOUT...

Mysterious Filling of Disk Space
I am experiencing a new problem with Outlook 2007. I can think of no change that has been made to cause this problem. My PC has limited space free as it uses a Solid State Disk. In reality there is usually around 1.5Gb free. When I start Outlook the free disk space will be rapidly consumed such that it is all gone within about 15 minutes and applications start o fail. This is annoying with Outlook because it corrupts the setup and requires me to reset the navpane. If I shutdown Outlook the disk space stops being consumed but is not released. When I reboot, the disk sp...

CString.Remove()
I'm working in VC++ .Net 2003 with a Unicode project. I have a CString object that I want to remove a phrase from that is stored in another CString object. I have looked at the function CString.Remove() but I cannot get this thing to work. It seems to require a datatype called XCHAR, so I have tried to convert my second CString object into something that the Remove function will accept, but with no luck. How should this be done? Urban Olars wrote: > I'm working in VC++ .Net 2003 with a Unicode project. > I have a CString object that I want to remove a phrase from that is ...

Loads of Mystery appointments (mysteriously deleted)?
Here's a wierd one... there are hundreds of deleted appointments in my deleted items folder they are all scheduled for 'Tue 01/01/1980' and in every other respect resemble an appointment that I was invited to about a year ago. The appointment is titled 'Michelle at Pearsons', and each one in deleted items, has a partner called 'Updated: 'Michelle at Pearsons'. But I haven't done anything with this appointment at all - for about a year - I only discovered them recently when Google sync alerted me to the fact that I'd deleted 12 appointments today....

Mysteriously Deleted Files
Hello, this is my first attempt at a newsgroup and I'm hoping that someone might know what's happening to this system I'm working on. The computer I'm dealing with has Office XP pro installed on it, and recently the shortcut links on the left side of excell relayed an error message concerning the files being missing. I used the search function to locate all of my .xls and .doc files and only the hidden and system files returned as matches. I then looked the nortan protected recycle bin to see if any files had been deleted and possibly be restored, and a few excell f...

Disabling Fields in a form
Hello. I have a form that allows me to enter withdraws and deposits. I make a selection of the type of transaction from a combo box whether it is a deposit or withdraw. I want to setup my form to disable the deposit amount field if I select withdraw, and vice versa for deposits. Thanks for the help. "Wes" <wesley.allen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192718193.903124.27710@k35g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hello. I have a form that allows me to enter withdraws and deposits. > I make a selection of the type of transaction from a combo box whether > it is a depo...

Calculation mystery
I have problem with calculations in a program produced using VC++ and MFC. The calculation is using double floats. It loops until the result is reduced to a target value. In debug mode the calculation needs 178 loops. In release mode the calculation is not consistent and sometimes needs over 38000 loops. I think this must be something to do with double floats in debug mode. I can't fathom out what could cause the loops to vary in release mode. It shouldn't change from run to run and it doesn't change in debug mode. Any ideas? Steve -- EasyNN-plus. Build Neural Networks. ht...

attachment icon does not appear on the printed email message
Hello, Does anyone know abt this problem and able to solve it? Tks Regards, dary ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Removing Exchange 2000 #5
Hi all, I'm trying to remove an install of Exchange 2000 - This was the first Exchange server in our organization. Since then, we've migrated users mailboxes to an Exchange 2003 server, and upgraded AD to 2003 functional level When I try to uninstall the Exchange 2000 server, the message I get back is: "The component 'Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services' cannot be assigned the action' Remove' because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be removed to a mailbox store on a different server or be m...

Mystery Calender Filter
I've got two different users Active Sync'ing their Treo 700w phones with Exchange 2003 mailboxes over the air. All works fine except when an appointment is made in the handheld calendar, it doesn't appear on the desktop Outlook Calendar. Shows up in OWA and time alerts fire off just fine in both Outlook and OWA - you can even go to the event in Outlook. There must be some filter applied to Outlook, except when I go to: View -> Arrange by ->Current View -> Customize -- Filters are reported as off. Is there another place to be looking where some filter may be being...

Disabling/Hiding Reports
How can I hide reports from end users and/or what types of security options are available in CRM 3.0 to manipulate report security based on teams or groups authentication? Thank you. To hide it from everyone, in CRM, choose the report, and then go to More Actions / Edit Report. Remove everything from the box labeled "Display In". You will still be able to get to it if you go to the category called Hidden Reports. "Terry" wrote: > How can I hide reports from end users and/or what types of security options > are available in CRM 3.0 to manipulate report secu...

Customizing the color of chart legend icons
I need to change the color of legend icons from the default purple and blues and such(which are btw all horrible pastels) into custom color. Is this possible and if not then why not? Mr. Orange; You *can* change the colors of the legend elements. The easiest way: Display the chart you want to change. Click any data series (bar, pie piece, whatever) once. Click the 'pie slice' whose legend color you want to change once more - don't double-click - just click once and wait a few seconds. That section or bar or pie slice is now highlighted all by itself. Right click that ...

Disabling tool bars
Hell-o Office 2000, is there a way to disable the tool bars. I have a form that I would like the user too not have access to any editing tools. I have found a couple of macros that inadvertantly stop the copy and paste function that I could employ but, I would like something a little cleaner and much more complete. Disabling all editing functions! Thanks Mike Rogers You might want to consider creating a small macro that hides the toolbars, then try setting it to run automatically when the workbook opens. Then have the macro redisplay the tool bars when the workbook closes to ensur...

Quantity RTD ... On Order... Picked Up "Remove from printed receipt"
When we tender as a work order a receipt is printed. Below each item on the reciept the following items are also printed... We would like to omit (remove or hide) these items on the receipt if possible. Is this possible? Item Lookup Code........... Description.........................................Quantity......Price..... Ext Product1...........................Widgit...........................................................1.......$1.00...$1.00 ..........................................Quantity RTD............................................0 ............................................

Outlook 2007 totally disabled
New man on the block (Executioner's that is :( ) 1. MS Office 2000 installed on Vista OS. All email accounts, including Hotmail, operable using Outlook, with Outlook Connector. 2. Installed Enterprise 2007 and uninstalled (apparently not all of) Office 2000. 3. Accessing Outlook 2007 from desktop icon produces error "The Add-in "Outlook Connector Extenions" (msncon32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update available uninstall the Add-in". 4. Now Outlook 2007 is totally inop...

Error Disabling Connection
Found this pc along the roadside. A P4 2.4Ghz. Have added a hard drive and installed XP Pro SP3 and found drivers off the net. As with my other machines, I have made a shortcut on the desktop for the LAN Network Connection which connects to my DSL modem. That part works ok. But ... when I try to disconnect the network connection, I get a nastgram: "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account." WTF ......

It is a Mystery to Me...
I have Pub 2003 & Windows XP. My goal is to create a Folded Card with 4 pages looking all the same. What I thought it would work is: Page Set Up - Properties - Finishing - Pages per Sheet and chosen 4. (If it is not for multiplying the existing page then it is what for???) I thought that I will get all the 4 pages looking same. The result was one tiny page (4 times smaller then it should be I know about the Help Option but not knowing what to type into I could not use it Thank Vanill “In the Cookie of Life Friends are the Chocolate Chips.� A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims:...

Disabl/Block Freight Field For No Charge Orders
We have some specific customers and/or occasional orders where we do not charge freight. While this may be known by the order entry personnel it may be missed at the time of invoicing 3 weeks later. Is it possible to disable/block the field so an amount can't be entered? Doug- We have a Shareware package that we provide free to the Dynamics GP community that has the controls you are looking for. You can set up customers who never get freight (the field is always locked), and/or you can lock the freight field on a per-document basis. Please contact support@KlenzmanConsulting.com and...

Remove vertical line on form
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; There is a built-in vertical line running down the left side of my bound forms with a right pointing triangle at the top. I want record selection and scrolling, but I don't want this line to show, how can I get rid of it? Thanks much in advance. "XP" <XP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D83FAE83-DBF6-4CDA-BE1D-ECD52330C55E@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > > There is a built-in vertical line running down the left side of my bound > forms with a right pointing triangle at the top. I want...