ms09-007 exploit

my panda security keeps popping up with the MS09-007 vulnerability (no_exploit)
it says to go to windows update and run which i did. it does not have any
updates for me to download. this all started after i had an issue with my
brother printer and i had to create and send some file to Brother, does
anyone know which update i need to download to fix this?

Thank you

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my panda security keeps popping up with the MS09-007 vulnerability
> (no_exploit)
> it says to go to windows update and run which i did. it does not have any
> updates for me to download. this all started after i had an issue with my
> brother printer and i had to create and send some file to Brother, does
> anyone know which update i need to download to fix this?
>
> Thank you

Do you have a firewall - any exceptions created for Brother / listed ?
Maybe remove the program used/file created for Brother ?
Any info at their website.

0
Bobb
9/11/2010 11:26:26 AM
All set here. microsoft safety took care of the issue.
Phil

"Phil" wrote:

> my panda security keeps popping up with the MS09-007 vulnerability (no_exploit)
> it says to go to windows update and run which i did. it does not have any
> updates for me to download. this all started after i had an issue with my
> brother printer and i had to create and send some file to Brother, does
> anyone know which update i need to download to fix this?
>
> Thank you

CRITICAL EXPLOIT IN BUSINESS PORTAL!!!
Do to a previous security alert released by CERT/Dept of Homeland Security about a flaw in Internet Explorer allowing shell access to your system combined with the latest JPG/Stego exploit allowing arbitrary code to be activated on your system, Great Plains Business Portal can potentially infect all users accessing it via Internet Explorer. Since I have been told by Great Plains that it only supports IE, how are users running on Windows 2000 or older to protect themselves? Normally I would switch to a different browser but then I can't use Business portal because of it's relian...

MS09.dll error
I need to print a document to a printer that is not my default. I go into 'file' then click on 'print' (in order to change printers) and as soon as I click on 'print' an error message comes up. It says that "excel has caused an error in MS09.dll . How can I fix this? see if there is help here. http://tinyurl.com/yppoc -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223b201c45d24$5a34c4b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to print a document to a printer that is not my >...

MS09-043
Hello everyone, the question is regarding following articles: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=947319 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=947320 The download page for 947319 in English: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=95c94c9a-6aca-42fb-9679-3234f06c72f7 shows: This update applies to the following products: Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components (with Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)) Microsoft Office XP Web Components (with Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)) while the same page in German: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

ms09-007 exploit
my panda security keeps popping up with the MS09-007 vulnerability (no_exploit) it says to go to windows update and run which i did. it does not have any updates for me to download. this all started after i had an issue with my brother printer and i had to create and send some file to Brother, does anyone know which update i need to download to fix this? Thank you "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5F83561-ABEC-4113-92F3-0A47CA85B526@microsoft.com... > my panda security keeps popping up with the MS09-007 vulnerability > (no_e...

MySQL UDF Dynamic Library Exploit Warning.
The article is listed below. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1756090,00.asp Is there a way to check to see if your system has been compromised? The article didn't seem to have any info other than the basics about this exploit. Our store pc's have sygate personal firewall running and the server at our office is behind a hardware router/firewall. Should that suffice? Matt RMS Does not run on MySQL, so unless you have MySQL deployed for other apps you should not be affected by this. RMS runs on MS SQL Server or MSDE (SQL Desktop Edition), which have been vulnerable to other ...

ms09.dll
When printing Excel, the following message appears: Excel caused an error. Excel will now close. MS09.dll. This is on a WIN98 operating system. Thank you, Frances If I am not mistaken, the mso9.dll file is one of the core components of MS Office. That file may have become corrupt during or after installation. Try to unistall and reinstall Office. That may correct your issue. "Frances Benavente" <fjab@ite.net> wrote in message news:<0dd301c38c9c$79d5fe00$a101280a@phx.gbl>... > When printing Excel, the following message appears: Excel > caused an error....

cannot find ms09.dll
alkl of a sudden, I received message that outlook could not find ms09.dll in a bunch of Directories. Is there a fix for this? "cfolion" <cfolion@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<05bf01c3a7a2$b125f060$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > alkl of a sudden, I received message that outlook could > not find ms09.dll in a bunch of Directories. > Is there a fix for this? Not entirely sure if this will help, but here's 1 article i found relating to that specific .dll: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303179 I found this by searching the Msft KB for ...

excel ms09.dll error
My client keeps getting this error when using an excel spreadsheet: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" Excel caused an invalid page fault in module MS09.DLL I have replaced the ms09.dll file a number of times, done the Offic Update a number of times. Reinstalled Office a number of times and th error keeps coming back. Ram has been checked, Windows is all up to date and the error onl occurs in the one file she uses. It has no formulas or links, jus plain old data. Today I had her copy all the data and put it into a new file to see i that makes any d...

Word Perfect 5.x converter fails after security update MS09-073
It appears that on December 8, 2009, a security update (MS09-073) for the Office 2003 File Converter Pack was issued. Now, when I attempt to open a Word Perfect 5.x file in MSWord 2003 on my Windows XP machine, I receive an error message that states, "File appears to be corrupted." Is there a registry change or other action I can take to restore my ability to convert and open WP 5.x files? Microsoft has a habit of trashing old converters with 'security' updates. You can download the old converter from my web site. How long it will work for is anyone's gues...

MS08-074 and MS09-065
I keep getting these two as vulnerabilities. When I have checked them there are supposed to be repairs for them in Microsoft update but then when I read further there has been some difficulties with them and people have had a problem. I hesitate to download them and then create more problems. Does anyone know if it is essential to download them or can I just live with the vulnerabilities and check weekly for problems. I also have the firewall set up. Thanks for any advice Vince In news:%23EiFebOhKHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Vin Lambert <vlambert@newmaine.rr.com> ...

Re: Windows DLL Load Hijacking Exploits
"By Tuesday, at least four exploits of what some call "binary planting" attacks, others dub "DLL load hijacking" attacks, had been published to a well-known hacker site. Two of the exploits targeted Microsoft-made software, including PowerPoint 2010, the presentation maker in Office 2010, and Windows Live Mail, a free e-mail client bundled with Vista but available as a free download for Windows 7 customers." <http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS2168761020100825?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r4:c0.067109:b36892454:z0> Nancy Jackman DSH, Window...

Mssg: Outlook unable to locate MS09.DLL
System is Win2000, Outlook 2002, and ActiveSync 3.71, remainder is Office 2000. I recently updated my Axim PDA to PPC 2003, and it came with and recommended updating Outlook to the 2002 version that came with it. I did so, and then ran Office Update to bring it up to current, and my Win2000 is current. Infrequently when running Outlook I get an error message saying "Outlook unable to locate DLL," with MS09.dll specified. Other than the error message I do not see any anomalies. Any ideas on what MS09.DLL is all about and what I need to get this fixed?? Dennis "D Laudermi...

MS05-021 PoC exploit code released
Just in case there are still some who did not install the update yet... http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/ms05021poc.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "Alex Zammit" <alex@blockspamwindeveloper.com> wrote in message news:OqfeEQlRFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Just in case there are still some who did not install the update yet... > http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/ms05021poc.htm > > cheers, > > Alexander Zammit &g...

Invalid Page Fault MS09.dll
WHen I try to open Excel 2000 I immediately recieve an Illegal operation..with the message of invalid page fault in module MS09.dll at 167:...... I tried running a repair and a reinstall...I cant find anything in Technet or on the internet...any help would be appreciated Maybe some help here http://tinyurl.com/3ugjs -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Scott" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23HvYy0baEHA.2792@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > WHen I try to open Excel 2000 I immediately recieve an Illegal > operation..with the message of invalid pa...

Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload
How to eliminate Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload from Outlook.pct file? Thanks in advance "Nele" <vucinicn@eunet.yu> wrote in message news:006701c35ea6$aa141210$a501280a@phx.gbl > How to eliminate Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload from > Outlook.pct file? > Thanks in advance Don't know what is a .pct file. Maybe you meant a .pst file. To fix the bug, get a fixed copy of IE. This was fixed 2 years ago. According to F-Secure.com at http://tinyurl.com/jilb who references Microsoft's security article http://tinyurl.com/1b75, this was a problem back in IE 5.0 & 5.5...

Swiss Military Hanowa Women's Conquest Watch #06-6013-04-007.T
Price:$135.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000XZ0UUW Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000XZ0UUW All stainless steel 40MM,35MM or 30MM screw back.It comes with genuine leather,or canvas. It has luminous hands and dots on dial for easy night reading.It has mineral crystal. It is water resistant for 50M and has Swiss precision quartz movement with date display. ...

Print 5 weeks in Outlook 007
I read the posts regarding how to adjust the number of weeks showing in a monthly calendar view, but how do I print these? My Print Preview defaults to 6 weeks which cuts off some events; I prefer printing 5 weeks so a complete month is printed with the prior months lead up days and the few days following. Thanks, I appreciate your taking the time to answer. -- kim m "kim m" <kimm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25F80B41-1D1C-4B28-BD4B-E41FB7B8D977@microsoft.com... >I read the posts regarding how to adjust the number of weeks showing in a ...

cant find MS09.dll when sending emails
Whenever I send an email I get an error message saying cant find MS09.dll Outlook then wants to shut down. I have tried reinstalling Outlook but it still occurs. Can anyone help please. Brian Hi Brian, You didn't provide the exact error message you are receiving when trying to send mail, but the following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses issues with the MSO9.DLL file. Please refer to Knowledge Base article: OL2000: Invalid Page Fault in Module Mso9.dll (241817) You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US...

Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 & KB958470 (MS09-044)
A hotfix is available for Remote Desktop Client (RDC) 5.2 to fix a drawing failure after you apply the security update 958470 (MS09-044) on a computer that is running Windows XP SP3 or Windows Server 2003 SP2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975158 ...

Office apps fail to launch after Security Update 2006-007
As reported on MacFixIt : > While most issues apparent after the update have reasonable workarounds, the > inability to launch specific applications -- particularly Microsoft Office v.X > and 2004 apps -- continues to be a sticking point for a surprisingly high > number of users. For more info see <http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20061206235336119> Uninstalling Security Update 2006-007 is the only viable option in some cases. To remove do an Archive and Install of the OS. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/glossary/archive_install.html> Before resorting to an...

007 questions
How do I add some new chart styles (say, with different line widths)? Is it possible to record a macro that changes the chart size? (I've recorded it, but nothing happens when I run it) Has anyone developed a data labels macro or add-in yet? I haven't gotten around to investigating the new chart template mechanism. I have gone through macro recording, though. Do you still have 2003? Record the macro there. It may not take into account the new formatting features, but the macro still ought to work in 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...

vertical gridlines in 007
Has anyone tried to format a vertical gridline in 007? Everytime I try it, the horizontal gridlines are formatted instead. And I can't select the veretical lines with the mouse (I have to use the layout format selection). And when I delete the horizontal lines (I thought that might help) the vertical lines do not appear on the format selection -- but the horizontal ones still do. (I'm sorry if this has come up before, but I had to switch to a new newsgroup reader) Gary Klass Works for me. I can select with the mouse or with the dropdown, and I used Ctrl+1 to open the Format di...

007 questions #2
How do I add some new chart styles (say, with different line widths)? Is it possible to record a macro that changes the chart size? (I've recorded it, but nothing happens when I run it) Has anyone developed a data labels macro or add-in yet? ...

Apply the patch for MS04-007
Please take this seriously and apply the patch, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS 04-007.asp -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only." "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights." http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS 04-007.asp -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only....

007 service pack 1
Just in time for Christmas! MSoft has an excel file that lists all the issues that have been fixed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936982 Most conveniently it is a 2003 Excel file. Not listed and not fixed is the chart macro-recorder. ...