Missing Delete Option when Right-Clicking in Start/Programs

A friend told me he has some programs appearing in his program
listings on the Start menu that are not installed and he would like to
remove these references.  I told him to select Start/Programs, find
the program, do a right-click, and select Delete (which works for
me).  He said he does not have the Delete option when doing this.  How
can the Delete option be reinstated there?
0
nr

you might try right clicking
on the start button which
will take you to the physical
folders where the icon files
is stored.

if you still can't delete them
via the explore,

then perhaps it is the anti virus
software that is inhibiting
modifications to the system.

so try disabling it or go into
safe mode and try the method
I mention above.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"nr" <newsreader@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
> A friend told me he has some programs appearing in his program
> listings on the Start menu that are not installed and he would like to
> remove these references.  I told him to select Start/Programs, find
> the program, do a right-click, and select Delete (which works for
> me).  He said he does not have the Delete option when doing this.  How
> can the Delete option be reinstated there?

0
db

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

autoarchive deletes instead of archived
I am running outlook 2002 on Win2k Professional. Whenever autoarchive runs, it insists on putting all of my old emails in the "deleted items" folder rather than the archive.pst file I set up. I have my autoarchive set up to "move old items to ...archive.pst" rather than "permanently delete old items." The "retention policy information" button is greyed out. Any ideas? ...

From Field being deleted in 2002
We have a very basic form we use to send to our clients - it has the From Field setup, so when we send the email the rply goes back to a generic mailbox. This form work well in Outlook 2000 - Under 2002 we have found that when we open this form the From Field shows the correct mailbox, but instead of validating the name (Underlining it) it actually removes the mail so when you send the email the reply comes back to your own mailbox. If you are quick enough and click on the check name function it is ok. Any help would be of assistance??? ...

Delete permanently
After my spam filter moves messages to a folder, I just mark them read to after my "you've got mail" envelope comes up with Outlook 2000 (I really hope that they have fixed this for more current versions!!!). At the end of the day, I review my spam, and delete it. What I would like to do is delete it permanently now, instead of copying it to my delete folder. I keep messages in my delete folder to auto-purge in a couple of months. But this is filled up with spam! I'm thinking I should create a sub folder to my deleted folder, move the spam there, and then delete from th...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Retaining Deleted Files
I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as myself and delete a message from the Inbox it goes to deleted items and is held for one month. When my wife logs on as herself and deletes an item from the Inbox it immediately disappears and there is never anything in the Deleted Items folder. I have compared the settings for the two user profiles and can find no differences. Can anyone help? Larry On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:59:42 -0800, "Larry Geiter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Outlook 2000 with Win XP. When I logon as >mysel...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Insufficient Access rights after renaming server
Hello I renames my server to resolve a conflict, it didnt work so i renamed it back and now when I go into exchange admoin i get Insufficent access rights and it wont let me in. ??? John I did the same and its also happening to me Have you resolved this yet? Neda You renamed your Exch server? ugh. On Sun, 2 May 2004 09:41:03 -0700, "Neda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >John, > >I did the same and its also happening to me. > >Have you resolved this yet?? > >Neda No quite, I actually changed the password! Derr OK, two main thing...

Money 2002 Scheduling Payment Options
In Money 2002 - Does anyone know if it is possible to set up a payment schedual option, other than the default selection list. For example, I have a bill due once every 5 weeks. This is not a selectable option? Currently I have selected every '4 weeks', and then after each payment, I must go back into schedualing, and move it forward 1 week. Any thoughts? A glaring weakness in Money for years now. The recurrence scheduling sucks. Outlook can do this. Money cannot. There really is no workaround. "Mike M" <mikemartin123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04a001c36837$...

how to use windows dll in linux program
hi all, i want use windows all in linux program, i search on internet and somebody say use wine, but have not any document about how to export windows dll to ..os or linux assembly, anybody know about that, pls help me. Thanks very much, "David" <thuong101277@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:urlbo%230VJHA.1788@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > i want use windows all in linux program, i search on internet and somebody > say use wine, but have not any document about how to export windows dll to > .os or linux assembly, anybody know about that, pls h...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

How to delete Autocomplete information in IE 6?
Hi All I am working on a small utility that will delete all the information(Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Autofill, typed urls') related to IE as per the user requirement. I am having some problem deleting the autofill information as i dont have the required information. The information i have is as follows: Internet Explorer 6 On Internet Explorer (versions 4 through 6) AutoComplete web form information is stored in the Registry in the following hive locations: Encrypted usernames and passwords: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW D...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Message Text

Delete from additional mailboxes.
Hi, I have additional mailboxes in my outlook profile and when I delete something from my added mailboxes they end up in my primary mailbox deleted items. Is there any way to make then end up in the additional mailbox deleted items instead Mariah Hi Mariah, >Is there any way to make then end up in the additional mailbox deleted >items instead No. You only can create a new profile in Outlook and make the "other" Mailbox to your default mailbox, then the deleted items will be moved into the "other" standard Mailbox. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook witho...

Microsoft CRM Security Service not starting
Hi all, I have fresh installation of MS CRM (Win2003 Server Std, MSSQL2000 all latest patch - well 3a for SQL) and have set the Microsoft CRM Security Service to start automatically. However after a reboot the service fails to start. It starts without problems when i do it manually. Anybody cama acrosss a similar issue ? Here is the error in the event log ---------------------------------------------------------- MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- Error: <description>The MSCRM Security Service has not been started.</descr...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What program would be best for a 5th grader to create a "mock mag.
I need to create a magazine" of the State of Alabama for a 5th grade state report. Which would be the program to use? What programs do you have? If you are willing to purchase a new program for this project then Publisher is the way to go. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "moplady-777@sbcglobal.net" <moplady-777@sbcglobal.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD219F8B-F411-4C2C-A803-E5CBCA711005@microsoft.com... >I need to create a magazine" of the State of Alabama for a 5th...

Deletion of a users email
Hi, I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but cannot get into my boss' email to delete this message. help anyone? This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message news:c102mq$fnm$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi, > > I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing > how I was loo...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

how do i delet e-mails
how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it I think you are working in imap account click on edit and purge messages it should take care or it "day j" <day j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B617EB3A-24EB-4278-B635-80FCD61F2480@microsoft.com... > how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it ...

I switched from IMAP to POP 3, Delete in tool bar greyed out?
Also on the advanced tool bar it still gives the options in the current view as IMAP options although I deleted the IMAP account and added the POP 3 account and that is the only account on Outlook? Any ideas? Thank you for you help. PS I even deleted the POP 3 account and re entered it with same results. ...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items