Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

hello,

this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it
failed.
now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
saying it was not installed

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--

i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful

i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.

i have no clue what to do.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

0
Dr

You need to download the full package from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has started
pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure it.

hth

"Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently
> it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you
>
> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *

1
LD55ZRA
3/18/2010 3:08:35 AM
Long time, no see!

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
versions are currently installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/kb00318785.aspx

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in this related KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool (not the Windows Installer
Cleanup utility), reinstall all .NET Framework versions (but only the ones
you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the download links on the page
then run Windows Update manually to install security updates for same.

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1) using the tool, reinstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1), reinstall your .NET
Framework versions in the following order:

    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please read
ALL of it as well as the related page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
Framework Cleanup Tool.

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
updates offered.

Dr. Indera wrote:
> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently
> it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you
>
> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *

0
PA
3/18/2010 5:04:11 AM
hello,

i'm downloading the full package now.

should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i understand
what you are saying.
thank you
--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

"LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: You need to download the full package from here:
:
:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
:
: Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has
started
: pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure it.
:
: hth
:
: "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
: news:%23hFIMYkxKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: > hello,
: >
[...]
: > * * * * * * * * * *
: >
: >
: >
: >
:
:

0
Tracy
3/18/2010 1:01:27 PM
hello,

i ran the file on the link below.

it did not install.
i got the following error messages in the log file

[03/18/10,09:53:58] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86: [2] Error:
Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86. MSI
returned error code 1603
[03/18/10,09:54:08] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
3.0 SP2 x86 is not installed.

i searched for the ".NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86 " update file, but could not
find it.
why can't there be ONE page called "net framework files", that has links to
all installation files for all versions?

i am no expert, but this seems messy to me.
i'm going to see if there is a way to blow all of this away and start over
from version 1.

--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

[...]

3/18/2010 2:24:10 PM
Start by making sure that the required file and registry permissions are
properly set:

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/09/04/739820.aspx
Solving setup errors by using the SubInACL tool to repair file and
registry permissions

John

Tracy wrote:
> hello,
>
> i ran the file on the link below.
>
> it did not install.
> i got the following error messages in the log file
>
> [03/18/10,09:53:58] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86: [2] Error:
> Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86. MSI
> returned error code 1603
> [03/18/10,09:54:08] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework
> 3.0 SP2 x86 is not installed.
>
> i searched for the ".NET Framework 3.0 SP2 x86 " update file, but could not
> find it.
> why can't there be ONE page called "net framework files", that has links to
> all installation files for all versions?
>
> i am no expert, but this seems messy to me.
> i'm going to see if there is a way to blow all of this away and start over
> from version 1.

0
John
3/18/2010 2:37:53 PM
"Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently
> it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you

If all else fails, you might try uninstalling .NET Framework and then
re-installing .NET Framework.

Uninstalling .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
http://blogs.msdn.com/dougste/archive/2008/08/19/uninstalling-net-framework-3-5-sp1.aspx

Installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on a Windows XP machine is currently a
three step process.  I just installed it on two Windows XP Home Edition
machines recently that have never had .NET Framework installed on them, and
the following is the procedure I used to get it installed and working on
those two machines:

Step 1
Download the Full Package Installer and save it to your Desktop.

..NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Full Package)
Filename: dotnetfx35.exe
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Step 2
After running the Full Package Installer for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from
your Desktop, visit the following site and download and install the three
patches offer there:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6c095bba-6100-4ec9-9c54-6450b0212565&amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en

NOTE: These Patches must be installed in the following order:
Install the update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 -
NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe
Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 -
NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe
Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 -
NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe

Step 3
After completing steps 1 and 2, visit Microsoft Updates and install the the
following three patches:

First............KB961118
Second........KB963707
Third...........KB974417

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *

0
Donald
3/18/2010 2:54:44 PM
You'll have to learn to ignore ANONYMOUS alias LD55ZRA. Microsoft does NOT
pedall useless updates. Common sense. Why would they destroy their own
business. LD55ZRA is a local troll and a prankster college student in
London.
"Tracy" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> i'm downloading the full package now.
>
> should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
> i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i
> understand
> what you are saying.
> thank you
> --
>

> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *
>
> "LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : You need to download the full package from here:
> :
> :
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
> :
> : Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has
> started
> : pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure
> it.
> :
> : hth
> :
> : "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> : news:%23hFIMYkxKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> : > hello,
> : >
> : > this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer.
> apparently
> : > it
> : > failed.
> : > now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not
> work.
> : > i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message
> below
> : > saying it was not installed
> : >
> : > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
> Family
> : > Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : > i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
> : >
> : > i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
> : >
> : > i have no clue what to do.
> : >
> : > any help would be greatly appreciated.
> : > thank you
> : >
> : > Tracy
> : > * * * * * * * * * *
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

0
Unknown
3/18/2010 3:14:36 PM
See
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/0239e1b2536154db

Tracy wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'm downloading the full package now.
>
> should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
> i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i
> understand
> what you are saying.
> thank you
>
> "LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You need to download the full package from here:
>>

> http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
>>
>> Please also switch off your Automatic Updates because Microsoft has
>> started
>> pedalling useless updates that will only wreck your system not secure it.
>>
>> hth
>>
>> "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer.
>>> apparently
>>> it
>>> failed.
>>> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not
>>> work.
>>> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
>>> saying it was not installed
>>>
>>> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5
>>> Family
>>> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>>>

>>> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>>>
>>> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>>>
>>> i have no clue what to do.
>>>
>>> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>> thank you
>>>
>>> Tracy
>>> * * * * * * * * * *

0
PA
3/18/2010 6:04:01 PM
hey there!

ye, it has been a while.
i decided to start from scratch, because i was just too confused.
i removed it with the tool you recommended and got all the way up to 3.5
sp1, without any installation problems, so i stopped while i am ahead
(smile).
now, i have to figure out why i can't install the other software.

i had hoped that because i had an image with all of this working, that i
could restore parts of the image, but that didn't work either.

is there any software that lets you do partial restores or restores on a
software by software basis?

thank you
--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

: Long time, no see!
:
[...]
: Dr. Indera wrote:
: > hello,
: >
[...]

3/18/2010 8:38:39 PM
that is exactly what i did.
 blew it all away and started over.
sadly that is often the best way to fix something that you don't know how it
got messed up to begin with.

thank you
--

Tracy
* * * * * * * * * *

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
:
[...]

3/18/2010 8:39:53 PM
> that is exactly what i did.
> blew it all away and started over.
> sadly that is often the best way to fix something that you don't know how
> it
> got messed up to begin with.
>
> thank you

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> [...]
> : patches offer there:
> :
> : Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows XP
> :
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6c095bba-6100-4ec9-9c54-6450b0212565&amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en
> :
> : NOTE: These Patches must be installed in the following order:
> : Install the update for the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 -
> : NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe
> : Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 -
> : NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe
> : Install the update for the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 -
> : NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe
> :
> : Step 3
> : After completing steps 1 and 2, visit Microsoft Updates and install the

0
Donald
3/19/2010 10:25:31 AM
Tracy wrote:

>hello,
>
>i'm downloading the full package now.
>
>should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
>i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i understand
>what you are saying.
>thank you

I would turn off Automatic Updates completely because there is no marked
improvement to my enjoyment of using Windows XP nor there is any
improvement in security of Windows XP.  All the evidence point s to
destabilization of Windows OS by these updates since September 2009 when
Windows 7 was officially released.  Microsoft's idea is to force
everybody to move on to Windows 7 even if some people would have to buy
a new machine altogether.

hth
0
LD55ZRA
3/19/2010 9:15:13 PM

"Dr. Indera" wrote:

> hello,
>
> this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it
> failed.
> now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work.
> i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below
> saying it was not installed
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86--
>

> i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful
>
> i have windows xp pro sp3 installed.
>
> i have no clue what to do.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thank you
>
> Tracy
> * * * * * * * * * *
>

> .

1 - Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove all .NET installations.
2 - Download the .NET removal tool from MS to remove all evidence of the
..NET Installation
3 - Download the .NET installations 1.1sp1, 2.0sp2, 3.0 and 3.5sp1
4 - Install them in order.
5 - If that fails you may need to install the VC++ 2005 and 2008 Runtime
files then try again.

This shoudl get you back to working order. If not then your system has been
seriously compromised and you may need to re-install.

--
The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html
Free Utilities and Code - http://www.randem.com/freesoftutil.html

0
Randem

automatic updates now required??
I keep automatic updates turned off. I just went to update site and was not allowed to proceed. I got error 0x8DDD0018. It tells me I have to have Automatic Updates running. Is this now true? Previously I always did my updates manually. XP Service Pack 3 Absolutely not. It is strongly recommended to stop all updates on Windows XP because M$ updates post SP3 are designed to sabotage your system so that you buy Windows 7. If you want to install a specific update, then you need to know the KB # and then go to Microsoft website and search for it. You could use Microsoft Update C...

Data Labels #3
I have a bar chart that has actual sales and target sales for eac salesperson. I would like to show the % of actual sales to target sale in a data label. Under Chart Options on the Data Label tab, I see tha there's a box that says Percentage but it is greyed out. Is there a way to show my percentage on the graph? Currently, I hav text boxes with the percentage in it. The problem is that I have t reposition the text boxes all the time and they never quite seem t line up correctly. Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Nan - Calculate your percentages in...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

Outlook Mobile Service Address Book NOT Working
Every time I try to send a text message through Outlook Mobile Services, I CANNOT use the address book. It has been "made" when I configured the account, but it does not contain ANY mobile numbers from my main Outlook address book, as it is supposed to. I must physically type in the full mobile phone number. It does not appear in the mobile address book, even after I send a text message through Outlook. Outlook also quits - kicks me right out and restarts - each time I try to use the mobile address book. Can someone please help me figure out what is wrong? Please excu...

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

Please help
Problem: I can't get my Exchange 2000 migration wizard to communicate with an Exchange 5.5 server. Environment: On an "inherited" network, I have a newly built (by me) Win2K SP4 server running AD (only server in AD), and an old Exchange 5.5 server on a separate NT4 SP6a domain (PDC) - on the same subnet. I have removed TCPIP and have reinstalled SPs for Exch and NT4. I have 2-way trusts set up between the domains, and they can browse each other's files. DNS has been set up, and I have forward zones for both of the domains. There is no internal DNS on the NT4 domain....

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

how to pass a password to crystal report 9.0 from vb6.0??!
Is there any way passing a password to crystal report 9.0 from Visual Basic 6.0. so that when loading the report in vb6.0., it can connect to the database access file and show the report? Thanks a lot. No idea. But I use this in VB.Net to do it: Public Sub SetConnectionForReports(ByVal ReportDoc As ReportDocument) Dim crTable As Table Dim crTables As Tables Dim crDatabase As Database Dim crTableLogOnInfo As TableLogOnInfo Dim crConnectionInfo As New ConnectionInfo Try crDatabase = ReportDoc.Database crTables = crDatabase.Tables With crConnecti...

Opening Publisher #5
I have no clue what I have done. When I open Publisher the Windows Installer window appears and then ask for me to insert my microsoft cd. Nothing happens and it cannot retrieve the informaton it is looking. When I open a Publisher file it opens but the information is not what it is suppose to be. What version Publisher? Do you have the Publisher CD? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "emims" <emims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE99AA17-691D-4471-8CC5-20ACCFE692D4@microsoft.com....

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

Date change #2
Hi, I have a cell to list when the next payment is due from a client. would like the payment dates to automatically update after the origina payment date is reached. Payments are due every two weeks. Th 'payment due' cell is G17. So if the first payment was due today, the tomorrow G17 would display the date two weeks from today. Thanks fo your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Assuming you have a valid date in the cell use: =G17+14 You will find some details on Date and Times in Excel on this page: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelDateandTimes.htm ...

combo box to update record via form
I have a combo box that displays the EmployeeID, FirstName, and LastName from the Employee Table. The user is to pick the employee and I want the ID stored in the DataEntry table. The combo box pulls all of the employees from their table via the following query associated with the combo box SELECT tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name], tblEmployeeInformation. [First Name], tblEmployeeInformation.[Employee ID] FROM tblEmployeeInformation ORDER BY tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name]; I have the bound column for that combo box set to 3 yet the table always updates with the employees last name. How ...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

restricting the company drop-down list in BP 3.0
Hello: A GP 9.0/Business Portal 3.0 client of ours wants to know how to configure the company drop-down list to just show the live company. What is the security setting that restricts this drop-down list? Thanks! childofthe1980s Childofthe1980s, Thanks for using the newsgroups. If your desire is to make sure they only see the appropriate company information, I would suggest only assigning company specific roles (Account Specialist for only company A, etc.). There also is an option to assign a default company per user. When a user browses BP, it will default to the assigned comp...

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Microsoft Promo

Is there an Excel template for a 1-day Tennis American Tournament #2
Am trying to set up one-day American tournament for 28 mixed-doubles' pairs .. Seven groups each of four ranked pairingson seven courts. Is there an Excel or an Access template anywhere for the scheduling of games, league tables etc. ...

Adding Text #3
Is there a way to add text to the portion of the spreadsheet outside the letter or numbers. For instance, I have a column grouped, and I want to put text next to the plus side symbol to identify that group. Is there any way this could be done? -- JARoman Not within XL In article <37648180-E801-4D84-9F25-8A3C1011C6E9@microsoft.com>, Xman <Xman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to add text to the portion of the spreadsheet outside the > letter or numbers. For instance, I have a column grouped, and I want to put > text next to the plus side symb...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...