Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000. Failed

Dear all

I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update.
Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the
following updates were not installed:

 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for
Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Pentium 4
Microsoft Office 2003

I have tried the following below:

Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417
successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again.

Please can you assist or advise?

Please note is only this particular update that would not install.

Regards,

Ben
0
Dj

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.  There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.  When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB974417).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.
--
Windows Update-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Dj Mabeizy wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update.
> Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the
> following updates were not installed:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for
> Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)
>
> Windows XP Professional
> Service Pack 3
> Pentium 4
> Microsoft Office 2003
>
> I have tried the following below:
>
> Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417
> successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again.
>
> Please can you assist or advise?
>
> Please note is only this particular update that would not install.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ben

0
PA

automatic updates now required??
I keep automatic updates turned off. I just went to update site and was not allowed to proceed. I got error 0x8DDD0018. It tells me I have to have Automatic Updates running. Is this now true? Previously I always did my updates manually. XP Service Pack 3 Absolutely not. It is strongly recommended to stop all updates on Windows XP because M$ updates post SP3 are designed to sabotage your system so that you buy Windows 7. If you want to install a specific update, then you need to know the KB # and then go to Microsoft website and search for it. You could use Microsoft Update C...

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

[quote][/quote]Many friends ask me how to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. I always recommend them Cucusoft DVD to iPhone Converter. It backup  convert almost any type of DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Moreover ,It?s a powerful DVD to iPhone converter with very fast conversion speed. The output also supports full screen viewing.I think it is very useful and easy to use too.So , I recommend this useful software to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Hope it can help you.I download it here: http://www.92download.com/wiki/Cucusoft_DVD...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Customize CFileDialog #2
Hello I have a customized CFileDialog, and I wanted to get the change event from the combobox that maintain the filename cmb13. I tried serveral way, but i failed to get any event. Is there any way to get the event from the filename control. Thanks ...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

how to pass a password to crystal report 9.0 from vb6.0??!
Is there any way passing a password to crystal report 9.0 from Visual Basic 6.0. so that when loading the report in vb6.0., it can connect to the database access file and show the report? Thanks a lot. No idea. But I use this in VB.Net to do it: Public Sub SetConnectionForReports(ByVal ReportDoc As ReportDocument) Dim crTable As Table Dim crTables As Tables Dim crDatabase As Database Dim crTableLogOnInfo As TableLogOnInfo Dim crConnectionInfo As New ConnectionInfo Try crDatabase = ReportDoc.Database crTables = crDatabase.Tables With crConnecti...

combo box to update record via form
I have a combo box that displays the EmployeeID, FirstName, and LastName from the Employee Table. The user is to pick the employee and I want the ID stored in the DataEntry table. The combo box pulls all of the employees from their table via the following query associated with the combo box SELECT tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name], tblEmployeeInformation. [First Name], tblEmployeeInformation.[Employee ID] FROM tblEmployeeInformation ORDER BY tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name]; I have the bound column for that combo box set to 3 yet the table always updates with the employees last name. How ...

Date change #2
Hi, I have a cell to list when the next payment is due from a client. would like the payment dates to automatically update after the origina payment date is reached. Payments are due every two weeks. Th 'payment due' cell is G17. So if the first payment was due today, the tomorrow G17 would display the date two weeks from today. Thanks fo your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Assuming you have a valid date in the cell use: =G17+14 You will find some details on Date and Times in Excel on this page: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelDateandTimes.htm ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

Microsoft Promo

Access 2000 01-07-08
Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event which then opens up Outlook Express with the email address you have just clicked appearing in the To: line? Sarah, > Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event... Every TextControl has a DoubleClick event. Any code you want to run when the field is double-clicked should be placed in that event. Given an Email field on the form named EMail1, the following code will send an email to the email address contained in Email1. (Don't use the Click event, as that will send an email every time...

Is there an Excel template for a 1-day Tennis American Tournament #2
Am trying to set up one-day American tournament for 28 mixed-doubles' pairs .. Seven groups each of four ranked pairingson seven courts. Is there an Excel or an Access template anywhere for the scheduling of games, league tables etc. ...

MS CRM 1.2. Mobile
Is it possible to have the new Microsoft CRM 1.2. Mobile (in the available languages: US English and International English) running on a Spanish Microsoft CRM 1.2. installation??? The customer doesn�t care about having labels and so on in English, but is this technically possible????? Thanks, Chus ------=_NextPart_0001_09683BA1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Chus, No, with this first release of CRM Mobile, it will only run on either a US English or International English CRM install. It has not been tested on any of the language versions, so it likely we be...

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

Hallo #2
Who can say something about WindowsRightManagementService in Outlook 2003 -- Otto What are you interested in knowing?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "otto" <otto@litech.net> wrote in message = news:dgf4im$p23$3@ah.litech.net... > Who can say something about WindowsRightManagementService > in Outlook 2003 >=20 &...

Create Lead from Email #2
I have setup a queue to receive incoming emails from leads. I am able to use a workflow to create a new lead for each incoming email. The issue that I have encountered is that the data for these leads are collected by outside vendors and contain additional information. Each vendors format is consistent. I would like to be able to parse the body of the email and populate fields in the lead. I would prefer to do this using CRM but if you know of some good 3rd party tools please let me know. Thanks Chris, We are developing a solution to address our client requirements, reading the email ...

Window 2003 x64
All, We're in the process of installing great plains and we just received our window 2003 software but it came as x64 instead of the requested x86. I understand that x86 is 32 bit and x64 is 64 bit. What I'm trying to find out is there any benefit to installing 64 bit and are there any limitation or issues with applications such as with SQL Server 2005 and other. Jamal I use x64 server 2003 with x64 Sql05. One of the big advantages is additional ram that x64 can address natively. You will need to get the x64 edition of SQL to run it, though. -- Gigabyte Tech "Jam...

External Mail Problem #2
I have a user who is using Outlook 2000 within an Exchange 2003 environment. It seems that this user cannot send any external mail. The user always gets the following NDR back... "No route was found for this recipient server. Please contact your system administrator. <fqdn of server #5.4.4>" Everyone else in the organization can send/receive external mail fine. I have verified that the external address is correct as I was able to send/receive a message to that address. Any help is greatly appreciated! Could it be that the user is on separate server? Or is setup with In...