Losing Sound

i encountered this problem more frequently now, after listening to music or
video thesound is suddenly  muted and i need to restart XP to get back.
any suggestions?
thank you

  If the pc has an add-on sound card,open device mgr,expand the sound
 tree,R.click all the sound card listings (one at a time),select "uninstall",
 do not restart pc after each,once thru,exit device,shutdown pc.Move the
 sound card to another PCI slot,start pc,xp will reinstall it..If its
on-board,
 do the same w/o the card move.Also,one can go to run,type: DXDIAG
 Run the Direct X sound tests..

"Sefra" wrote:

> i encountered this problem more frequently now, after listening to music or
> video thesound is suddenly  muted and i need to restart XP to get back.
> any suggestions?
> thank you

Sound Files PPT 2003
I inserted sound files on a PPT and set my timings for each slide. I linked files greater that 50000kb. I set timing to repeat 10 times. When I play the PPT it only plays once. I have ticked and unticked rewind, but it still only plays once. Wonder if it has something to do with the timing. Can anyone offer insight? Thanks. No need to check 'rewind'. But you do want to say loop until stopped. Also is the music playing on 1 slide or across multiple slides (if multiple you need to use the 'play until after ** slides' option too). Troy Chollar www.ThePower...

Outlook Client Is Losing Connection To Microsoft CRM While Online
Hi. I have Rollup 2 installed on both the Outlook Client and the server. On my laptop, I am running Win XP Pro with SP 2 and all the updates applied and Outlook 2003 with all the updates applied. I am noticing that I seem to be losing the connection to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client. Right after I boot my laptop I am able to access to Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client for between 4 hours to a day. After that if I click on the Accounts, Contacts or Leads folders nothing seems to happen. I have waited up to 10 minutes after clicking and nothing. At this point I can still use...

Why do I lose contacts?
I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:12:01 -0800, Davis Straub wrote: > I enter a contact and a few days later (after a reboot) it's gone? > > Sometimes I show 80 contacts. Sometimes 1518? What is up with that? Not a clue. I ran Windows Live Mail without signing in to Windows Live Services for three, or four days. My Contacts list never changed, or disappeared during that time. It is, however, different than the Contacts list I normally see ...

SS#'s lose lose formatting in .csv
Hi, I have a user who is entering a list of ss numbers. She has to have them in this format: 024574882 712894748 First off, we can't get the leading 0 to stay, it just disappears. I have tried formatting the column as text, as numbers, as custom #########, and like '983474744. No matter what we do, after saving and opening it again, the leading 0's are gone and some number turn in exponential notations. Can someone please help?? This should be an easy fix, but it seems the formatting I put on this does not hold!! thanks in advance.....Bill Select the column Either cl...

losing pictures
I had produced a 3 fold brochure and printed it successfully for months. Then one day 2 of the jpg files stopped printing. I have reloaded Publisher, done everything I can think of, but can not get those files to print on the office color printer. They will print on the Black and white. The brochure will print from someone else's computer!!!! if I save the file on a CD and print it from someone who has Publisher. I talked to Gateway and they said it was my problem, this is a new 2003 computer, with 2002 Publisher. Can anyone help Update your printer driver from the website of your prin...

Lose Focus
Env: VC++6.00 I want a control on a Dialog to be losed focus after it is disabled by EnableWindow(FALSE). I don't care who will get the focus, so I don't want to use SetFocus(). Is there a way? TIA William >I want a control on a Dialog to be losed focus after it is disabled by >EnableWindow(FALSE). >I don't care who will get the focus, so I don't want to use SetFocus(). > >Is there a way? William, Try using CDialog::NextDlgCtrl or maybe PostMessage WM_NEXTDLGCTL to the dialog. Dave Thanks Dave. That is exactly what I want. William > Try using CDial...

Play Embedded Sound Resource?
I found this link a few years ago: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3w5b27z4.aspx And when I first tried it, it worked fine. I now have a really simple app for personal use in mind and I want to be able to play an embedded sound resource, but this code no longer seems to work. The Assembly.GetManifestResourceStream is returning a null value. Any ideas? TIA, > I found this link a few years ago: > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3w5b27z4.aspx > > And when I first tried it, it worked fine. I now have a really simple > app for personal use...

Losing online passwords
Money 2001. Recently, when I connect to online services, the password for my Discover Card account is sometimes missing. The other online banks remember their passwords. I always re-enter it and check "remember passwords", but about every 6 times I log on, the Discover password is missing. I just recently installed XP. Can anyone explain? I have noticed the same problem on my 98SE Money 2004. Must be on Discover's end. "OhMarty" <ohmarty@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23OVhbJ6KEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Money 2001. Recently, when I connect to o...

Outlook Express
I have Outlook Express 6. In the Tools, Options, General Tab I checked the "Play sound when new messages arrive" but I have no sounds - how come? Deej, This article might be able to help you. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190304&Product=oex Jay Gustafson "Deej" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20ad501c45a19$22364240$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook Express 6. In the Tools, Options, General > Tab I checked the "Play sound when new messages arrive" > but I have no sounds - how come...

Changing ISP / email address
My friend is about to change ISP and get a new email address. He doesn't use webmail only Outlook. He has many folders containing emails he wants to keep, and also all his contacts. Can someone please tell me, if he changes email address will all the folder contents and contact details remain in Outlook? Are they on his hardrive or not? Thanks! Outlook data is stored locally. If he uses the same data file all his information will be there. -- Russ Valentine "Alfa Mum" <Alfa Mum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54C0F148-C087-4A8A-A25C-A...

You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week.
You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week. It is obvious that quartz watches are much more accurate and reliable than a mechanical watch. What makes quartz so accurate is its extremely high oscillations of up to 32,768 cycles per second at・3校salereplicawatch.com ...

Sound problem
I'm running WMP 11. I can get sound on most products, but no sound from wmv extensions. I've checked everything I can think of. I can get sound from midi, youtubes, etc. but nothing from wmv. Any thoughts? -- Blue the Yank Do you have ac3filter installed? That can cause this sort of problem.... -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- "Perfesser Blue" <PerfesserBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Trapping losing commands
In our applications once in a while the commands don't get through to the SQL Server for different reasons. Since it is an automatic process there is nobody in the front end to rerun those command, and they are getting lost. The rezones for the lost could be: Time out, broken connections, Deadlocks ect. Is there a way SQL can trap these and replay them? Gal (Gal@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > In our applications once in a while the commands don't get through to > the SQL Server for different reasons. Since it is an automatic process > there is nobody in th...

Inserting Rows...but losing "FORMAT"
I have a spreadsheet that I have used for 5 years...with daily data being inputted (in newly inserted rows), then Grand Totaled at the bottom of the spreadsheet. I have never had a problem...UNTIL RECENTLY. One of my columns is the time of day, such as 2:54pm, and presently, all of my inserted rows, except for only 3 of them, depict the time as 2:54 (WITHOUT THE AM or PM), so, I use the Format Painter, and I Fix the problem...that is, until the next day, when the same incident again occurs. I do not know why this is happening, but I must use this extra step (Format Painter) ...

losing a toolbar
I'm trying to setup my default workbook/sheet. Everything is working so far, except I cannot get rid of the standard toolbar. It keeps coming back. I do I get it out of my default preferences? thanks! Hi there; Right click on any toolbar and unchech the checkbox for the toolbar you don't want to see anymore. Save the file, close Excel and the next time you start it, it must not be visible anymore. Mark. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or contact@rosenkrantz.nl -------------------------------------------------------------------- "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.c...

Losing Sound
i encountered this problem more frequently now, after listening to music or video thesound is suddenly muted and i need to restart XP to get back. any suggestions? thank you If the pc has an add-on sound card,open device mgr,expand the sound tree,R.click all the sound card listings (one at a time),select "uninstall", do not restart pc after each,once thru,exit device,shutdown pc.Move the sound card to another PCI slot,start pc,xp will reinstall it..If its on-board, do the same w/o the card move.Also,one can go to run,type: DXDIAG Run the Direct X sound tests.. ...

Sounds and Audio Devices
Although I turn off all alerts in Sounds and Audio Devices I notice that I have some programs listed that I no longer have on my computer. One example is Avast! Antivirus. I uninstalled this and then used the complete removal tool before installing MSE. There does not appear to be a way of deleting the program from the list. As stated, I don't want any system or program sound alerts but I notice that IE is not a listed program should I change my mind. How do you add/remove programs in Sounds and Audio Devices? Smirnoff wrote: > Although I turn off all alerts in Sou...

SBS 2008 keeps losing default gateway
Strangely enough "route print" shows a default route, but the default gateway is missing in the network connection properties, and I have to manually reenter it to restore Internet connectivity. Anyone got any ideas what's up? Possibly related is that the Internet router actually tries to proxy ARP for all IP addresses, which rather confused the configuration wizard. If it happens again, open regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<GUID>\DefaultGateway and double click the DefaultGateway value....

Outlook loses graphics
I receive an email with background, pics, special fonts, etc. But when I forward it, it goes out plain text, with pics as separate attachments. All formatting stripped. How can I send out what I received, in same format? Thanks ...

losing spreadsheets
Hi y'all, At work we're sharing a spreadsheet with everyone saving on a regular basis so everyone can see the updates. Unfortunately, the spreadsheet keeps getting damaged. Is this most likely due to someone doing something not so bright? or Is this most likely due to someone's computer dying? or Can "saving as" (say I make a copy for my own personal use because of all the crashes) a different sheet cause it? Thanks for any help regarding this situation. Merry Christmas Robert Newton Robert I have to say that my experience with sharing Excel has always been ...

Losing citations and sources when using track changes and merging
Whenever I use track changes, share my documents between people, get the multiple files back, and merge all files all my citations and sources are lost, and it's a pain to re-enter them. What's going on? ...

RE: Sound Distortion
A few weeks ago I noticed the sound coming out of my computer is distorted. It seems as if it has slowed up a bit. Women sound like men, etc. I have an hp pavilion 753n with xp profesional installed. The motherboard was replaced about 17 months ago. I know the sound card is Realtek AC97. The driver version is 5.10.06240 from 4/25/07, if that is any help. I don't know anythingt about the mother board. I have tried troubleshooting, but to no avail. I tried to update the driver but it asked me to supply a CD or disk, I don't have them. I don't have a system bac...

losing emails
Once an email is read, it disappears. Not into deleted mail folder--it just disappears View | Current View. You want: Show All Messages, not Hide Read Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "sfish714" <sfish714@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A40643C3-1D22-4B7E-B792-8B72C6FAE117@microsoft.com... > Once an email is read, it disappears. Not into deleted mail folder--it > just > disappears "sfish714" <sfish714@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjutas sõnumis news:A...

How do I merge two columns without losing data?
If I want to split a column in two, I know I can use the Text to Column feature. How can I go from two columns to one without losing data in the merge? One way =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) Ian --- "Caseybay" <Caseybay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D860F83-00D5-446D-AAA5-BE938DF3C1BF@microsoft.com... > If I want to split a column in two, I know I can use the Text to Column > feature. How can I go from two columns to one without losing data in the > merge? =a1&b1 or =a1&" "&b1 (use a helper column of formulas.) Caseybay wrote...

Losing connection
I do a lot of work in Management Studio connected to a SQL 2008 server from my workstation. Sometimes I lose connection after accessing fine all day. I am using Windows 7 and have the latest SQL Server service pack. The message I get is "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) ...